The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Silver Lamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

The Silver Lamp - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Roughly eight thousand years ago, a young shadow master named Damien was cursed to be trapped within a silver lidded lamp. Eventually after passing from owner to owner his most recent owner a dragon named Erisidr tired of toying with him and left him in an old op shop to be discovered.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Shaking his head at the offer of books, he just nodded slightly to the old witch who ran the place and wandered with her back home, pleased that the baby shadow was hiding fairly well and not getting into too much trouble. Lost in his own thoughts, the mention of his name drew him out of them and he tuned back into the world in time to hear most of what she was saying. She was talking about he ginger cake castle she’d made, and he resisted the urge to just shrug it off, guessing that she’d want an actual answer since she’d made the effort to apologise for something. “It’s just been a long time since I saw home.” It didn’t bother him now that he’d got over the brief shock of seeing the castle, and he did have to admit that the ginger cake was quite tasty so he wasn’t going to complain about it too loudly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Well she got an answer out of him that wasn’t one word or just a shrug, somewhat surprised that he named the castle home, she stifled a billion more curious nosy questions that wouldn’t’ get her anywhere although an idea came to her, - “well, where is your home?” getting an answer that once again she didn’t’ expect to receive she remained quiet thinking it over until they reached her little home once more, unlocking the door she paused with her hand on the handle and looked back at him -  “I’d be happy to drive you there sometime, it’s only a ten hour drive or so” she didn’t know specifically where in Demark he was from but from her place to the border of Denmark was about that long adding in an hour or three for travel within the other country. It didn’t even occur to her that he might have his own ways of getting there or perhaps might have memories that prevented him from wanting to go back there, opening the door and stepping through she held it open for him not needing an answer straight away, closing the door once he had walked through she headed for the kitchen intending on  making them both a cup of tea and perhaps a slice of the cake each.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Answering her next question, he didn’t say anything else for the rest of the walk home, disliking the memories that had been brought up by both of them. It wasn’t the girl’s fault though, so he didn’t blame her for it. He was quite good after all at blaming himself for things that happened. Drawn out of his thoughts when she finally spoke again, it took him a moment to process what she said before he shook his head. It wouldn’t do him any good to go back home and he was well aware that he couldn’t unless his lamp was taken there. Choosing not to mention that to her, he simply accepted the tea and cake, for once not vanishing back into the lamp to write down the new things he’d learned from the books at the bookstore.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 7:49 pm

He just shook his head in response, unsure how to read that, was he displeased with her bringing it up or just neutral? He was hard to read sometimes, however the fact that he chose to stay out of the lamp instead of vanishing into it gave her hope that things were okay. Sitting down on the couch she sipped her tea, remembering the various rules he had told her that he was bound to follow she brought up the bookstore again “You can go to the bookstore whenever you want, I’m not your chaperone, as long as nobody is hurt you can do what you want” she very nearly said that she just wanted him happy but out of instinct kept that to herself. That would sound weird and she didn’t want to make things weird if she could avoid it, working on her ginger cake and tea, Lyra enjoyed the company of having someone there, still she made sure not to watch him as if he were some sort of fascinating new animal at the zoo, that wouldn’t exactly encourage even this very vague attempt at hanging out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 10:17 pm

One of the shadows brought him his notebook where he’d been recording what he was learning from the witch and the male settled down to write it down. Engrossed in what he was doing it took a minute again for him to register what she was saying and flicked a glance at her. He didn’t quite believe her but he wasn’t going to argue so he just nodded and got back to his notes. It was quite comfortable being in her company now that he was used to it from the past few months being hers, but it was still just easier to stay somewhat aloof and removed from the world.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Picking up on the brief glance of disbelief, Lyra shut up and let him work on what he was doing, finishing her tea in time to hear it start raining she grumbled to herself. Having wanted to go out into her little garden after her hot drink, sadly that’d just have to wait for another day so she picked a movie to put on in the background at low noise and fossicked around until she found her knitting needles and some wool. Settled there on the couch with another cup of tea she got to work on a pair of gloves, used to his aloofness by now she had long decided that she wasn’t going to push him, he’d come out of his shell or lamp rather in his own time, the fact that he hadn’t vanished into his lamp straight away upon returning was proof of that so she wouldn’t bother him now lest he opted against doing this in the future. Humming away along to the soundtrack of the movie softly, Lyra half-watched the movie half focused on her knitting, the sound of the rain hitting the tin roof and windows was somewhat cozy, especially once some wood was added to the fireplace and a fire was started.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm

It was nice having the quiet and the peace. It was something he’d gotten used to gradually over the months of being stuck here with her, and it definitely wasn’t a bad thing at all. Content writing things down while the rain started and kept coming, he kept an eye on his shadows, especially the baby that had formed in response to the warlock. The baby in question had discovered her balls of wool and was busily inspecting them, having not encountered anything like this before.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 pm

It was another rainy afternoon when her phone buzzed, picking it up and glancing at the number, Lyra frowned to herself, she hadn’t had any contact from scott in decades. Answering the phone the young warlock paced backwards and forwards chewing on her thumbnail, murmuring a greeting she dived straight into asking what the reason for his call was. The answer had her freeze in place, demanding more answers, as soon as she had all of the information she thanked Scott and turned to head down the stairs as fast as she could nearly falling down them in her haste. “Damien!” finding him and pushing her hair out of her face she caught her breath, “I’ve just had a phone call, theres a teenage shadow master on the black market” automatically assuming that Damien would give a shit, as she was the type to give a shit if anyone was captured let alone someone of her own species “We need to get him out, please?” over the past half a decade they’d become what she considered friends. He’d opened up a fair bit compared to when she’d first found his lamp, and seemed to be more comfortable around her, hoping that he would agree and come with her as he understood shadow masters better than she did, Lyra waited impatiently for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Curled up on the couch he’d long since claimed as his since it was a rainy day and very absorbed in his book. Living with the warlock had become quite natural now, and he glanced at her over the top of his book when she appeared looking a little bit unusually upset. He didn’t have to ask what the issue was before she blurted it out, and it interested him enough that he closed the book, leaving his bookmark in there for later. “A teenager?” That was curious, he wasn’t sure who the boy would be the offspring was. Kelly and her cahoots wouldn’t have let the boy survive this long, and he wasn’t up to speed with who else was alive and having children.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Relieved that he seemed at least interested, Lyra nodded taking a few breaths to settle herself somewhat “About seventeen, black hair, violet eyes, bad attitude and apparently is being marketed as having two soul shadows. A Ginger fox and a black fox, Scottie doesn’t deal in species that aren’t faeries so he let me know as I take in strays” at that she flicked him a somewhat teasing look as if to make a point “He’s sent me the designated url of the website so we can investigate before taking it further” while she explained that her phone vibrating meaning she’d received a text. Fishing out her phone she unlocked it and copied the url pasting it into her phones google, bringing up the page it took minimal effort to find the boy that Scott had rung her about. Offering him her phone so he could snoop for himself, Lyra was stubborn to do what she could to help the lad, while she wasn’t that enthused about explaining why she was so determined to help and if she could get away with not explaining things she would keep her lips buttoned on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Well that was highly interesting, and quite impossible. Violet eyes were definitely unusual, but he knew that there couldn’t be two soul shadows. Ignoring the teasing look, he accepted the phone to study the page about the boy. “Hmm.” He could guess after knowing her this long that she was going to go after the youngster regardless of what input he might have, not that he was even remotely going to try and stop her. “You’re going to go anyway aren’t you.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Not bothering to try and deny it she shrugged “Somebody has to, the real question is are you going to come with me?” she had an inkling that he would, even she knew that violet eyes weren’t common and that shadow masters definitely weren’t. If her inkling was right his interest would be piqued and he’d come with her, she had some money saved so hopefully it’d be enough to rescue the boy, if not well maybe they could just kidnap him. They or she would figure something out, there was always a way one just had to put the pieces together to make some kind of a plan, leaving the region they were in to go get the boy was something that’d pose more of a problem for her but it was something that just couldn’t be helped.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 pm

He could feel the steady gaze of Silver boring into him and sighed, knowing that the shadow wouldn’t be impressed in the slightest if he didn’t help out a fellow shadow master. “Yes, I’ll come.” He wanted to know more about this kid, and it’d be easier to be involved from the beginning. Setting the book aside he got to his feet as the shadows got ready to transport them. “Where is the kid?” He passed her phone back to her, having read all the information that was on the page referring to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Perking up when he agreed to come along, Lyra slipped her phone into her pocket once it was returned to her “New York city” doing her best to hide how dubious she felt about leaving the small village, Lyra held her beath without realizing it when they were transported via the shadows. Blinking as the shadows cleared she looked around in interest, it seemed they’d been brought to a secluded spot of central park in the city, “The place is called The Plaza Hotel, high security presence according to Scott, easy enough to find though” whipping out her phone again she utilized the ever handy Gps on her phone that she rarely ever utilized and started walking shivering slightly in the cool night air. Time differences really were a pain in the ass, oh well once they got to the hotel it’d warm up so her resolve was to walk quite quickly keeping an eye out for anyone that could be a potential threat, walking along with her hands shoved in her pockets to keep them as warm as possible. Quite relieved when they finally arrived she stopped across the road and looked across at Damien “are we going to come up with a game plan, or are we gonna fly by the seat of our pants and go in, wander around, go up and go yup want him and then proceed to purchase and get the hell out of town?” Perhaps it was the quiet anxiety that made her babble as much as she did although it was quiet enough that the various people walking past wouldn’t overhear what they were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 pm

His shadows melted away and dispersed throughout the city as soon as they got there, spreading out to snoop and find out anything that could be useful. Slipping his hands into his pockets, he kept up fairly easily with the younger creature as she led the way to wherever the boy was being held. She started chattering while he studied the hotel, sending shadows into it to scout out the layout and how many people they were going to have to avoid or manipulate in order to get the boy out relatively safely. “You’re babbling.” He mentioned it absently, half amused by it since she had never really been one to babble in the short time that he’d known her now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Going a bit red when he commented on her babbling she shut up and wrapped her arms around herself rubbing them to try and stay warm, she wasn’t quite sure what he wanted to do so didn’t say anything more now that her babbling had been brought up. Watching the bright lights of the hotel, she couldn’t help but wonder how many creatures there against their will, that thought made her skin crawl. No one should be caged, unless they had broken a law, but most creatures broke no rules save simply existing, wanting to throw caution to the wind and charge in, Lyra kept a firm grip on her impulses. Having noticed that he didn’t have as many shadows, the warlock assumed that he had sent out his most reliable shadows to go and find out what information they could.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Listening quietly as the shadows reported back to him, he hummed softly and relayed to her what they’d found out. She was the one who wanted to go after this boy, he was content to defer to her plan for the time being, unless something drastic had to happen. “They can’t pinpoint the individual creatures, but they’re definitely in there under tight security.” He studied her for a moment, curious to why she was so determined but he filed that away to perhaps ask later. “What will you do?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Her gaze turned from the hotels bright lights to him when he spoke “Well, I’ve never done anything like this before, its been a very long time since I left home. So I guess what I’m saying is I’m open to suggestions” the best she had was mostly from movies and she was very aware that the situations in movies were mostly heavily fabricated so she had little experience. Not at all opposed to following his lead, Lyra couldn’t help but feel quite useless, pushing those thoughts away as they weren’t going to help them rescue the boy, the young warlock took a deep breath and focused her thoughts on the boy that needed their help who was stuck in the overly luxurious hotel. In all honesty it was far too luxurious and came across as either tacky or wannabe royal, probably both in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Giving a sigh he also studied the hotel, listening to his shadows as they continued to snoop and give him information. “The easiest way will likely just to buy the kid.” Less details to worry about, and no risk of anyone being on their tail when they left the area. Leaving his hands in his pockets, the shadow master started heading towards the hotel door, guessing that the warlock would stick close to him. Inside was just as tacky and gaudy as the outside, and he cast a quick glance around before focusing on the one clerk that was a creature. He wandered over to her, well aware that she’d know he and Lyra were also creatures. “Good evening, I hope it’s not too late to get some more information on tomorrow night?” He didn’t particularly want to be overheard by any plain humans, so he was hoping that the woman would be able to give him the information he needed without that being a risk.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 4:07 pm

He explained that he believed the easiest way to rescue the young shadow master, keeping up with him and wrinkling her nose a little at how tacky it was, but she didn’t comment, at least she didn’t need to live there. Keeping close to Damien she didn’t stray from his side, taking everything in and finding it rather overwhelming, it was so noisy, thankfully there was on eother creature there and she was stood behind a desk chewing gum obnoxiously and filing her red nails, conventially attractive her blonde hair was done up into a neat bun. Noticing them she glanced up and studied them over the top of her glasses, lips just as red as her well manicured nails. However once he made it clear that he knew about things, she pushed her glasses up her nose and gave him a warm smile “Good evening sir, there are some tickets still available, for a small price I can provide you with the brochure that has all of the information you are looking for” it was safer to pass him information in a brochure as it was harder for the earwigs around them all.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 4:18 pm

Studying the woman, he gave a slight nod as she revealed that they were still in luck for the auction the next night. “Two tickets, and the brochure would be excellent, thank you.” He had manners when he wanted them, and he was quite well versed in saying what he needed to get what he wanted with the least amount of effort. Flicking a glance at Lyra to double check that she did indeed need a ticket as well, he paid for everything and took the tickets and brochure with a quick smile at the woman. “Thank you for the help, it’s most appreciated.” His shadows had found a nice place where they could sit and go through the information without the risk of humans being nosy, so that was where he headed next, passing Lyra the brochure so she could read through it. She was the one after all who really wanted to rescue the kid, so.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Very cooperative the woman passed him two tickets and a brochure “You’re most welcome, Sir” flicking him a warm smile appearing to not even notice Lyra which suited the girl just fine. A little perplexed as to where Damien had the cash for such an expensive purchase she waited until they had found a quiet niche away from everyone else that might listen into something they had no business hearing. Sitting down looking over the glossy fancy brochure carefully absorbing all of the information she could, once that was done the first thing that fell out of her mouth was “Where’d you get the money, I was under the impression you had one” at that she narrowed her eyes “Where you avoiding it so you didn’t have to pay rent” yes sure rescuing Kieran was important but did this man not realize that she had a limited supply of money and feeding an entire man had chewed into her funds. More exasperated than anything else she, folded her arms and leaned back into her chair watching him waiting for his reply, once she had that she’d move onto what was next on their agenda.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 5:09 pm

He was merely amused that that was the first thing she said, and he leaned back against the chair letting his youngest shadows huddle in his lap, cold and not used to being cold. “Well you didn’t exactly ask.” Still, he was sure that Silver would do her usual and go behind his back to offer the warlock something funds wise. Guessing that she was going to want an actual explanation, he sighed and started people watching quietly. “I haven’t had the opportunity to spend anything so it’s just sat for a few thousand years.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Snorting when he claimed that she didn’t exactly ask, Lyra grumbled to herself, honestly it would have been rude to ask, folding her arms she closed her eyes for a few moments. “So we’re going to go to this auction tomorrow night and buy the boy, from some of the information in this, it’s an upper class kind of a thing so we’re going to have to dress up a little” .opening her eyes to look down at the brochure she had on the table, the young warlock picked it up and looked over it, making an assumption that he was going to come with her, Lyra wasn’t exactly looking forward to it. Who did want to be surrounded by the freaks that enjoyed purchasing and owning creatures against their will, in crappy conditions. The sooner they could get the kid out and go home the better, he was likely going to have some issues that would need working through. Analyzing the amount of work ahead of her, Lyra sighed rubbing her face tiredly, not quite sure where to go from here.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 5:32 pm

She summarised the situation nicely and he nodded. “Mmhm.” She didn’t look like she was looking forward to it whatsoever which he wasn’t surprised about, but he didn’t say anything about it either. They were both going to have to be careful however, being creatures themselves in this situation. Giving a sigh he stood up again after thinking through a few things, sending his shadows tumbling to the floor as they apparently hadn’t been expecting the movement. “No point sticking around here if you want to go home.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silver Lamp
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next