The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Silver Lamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

The Silver Lamp - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Roughly eight thousand years ago, a young shadow master named Damien was cursed to be trapped within a silver lidded lamp. Eventually after passing from owner to owner his most recent owner a dragon named Erisidr tired of toying with him and left him in an old op shop to be discovered.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Standing when he did, Lyra nodded and breathed a sigh of relief once they were back in her small safe village home, her mind now busy with several different things, she instinctively made herself a cup of tea and an extra one for the shadow master a habit she’d fallen into rather easily. Presenting it to him she sat on her favourite couch and quietly blew at the hot liquid in the cup to cool it off a little, finally speaking after about half an hour it was a very absent “You’re going to have to find something nice to wear, we have to at least appear to some degree like we're supposed to be there” she would have offered one of her fathers outfits but he was entirely too tall to fit them with any degree of comfort or style. Perhaps he had something stashed away in his lamp like the apparent huge stash of money, the thought made her shake her head slightly and went back to sipping her now almost cold tea since she’d been lost in her thoughts. All of her going out clothes were incredibly dated, clean and well looked after but dated, most of them were from the 30’s through to the late 40’s but she was too tight with money spent on herself to go and get anything recent so she was going to show up looking like a relic and would just have to deal with the looks. Going back to that place made her skin crawl but there was no choice, while she couldn’t save everyone and everything, the boy was someone that she could and so she would do her best.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Settling down in his favoured chair he accepted the tea and went through the brochure again figuring things out. Silver as she usually did curled up in Lyra’s lap purring gently, letting out a soft amused noise when she mentioned that they’d have to find some sort of clothing to wear to blend in. He will have nothing, would you like to go shopping my dear? She was quite fond of the young warlock and had grown very attached to her as well as keeping an eye on the baby shadow that was permanently in Lyra’s company. Able to feel the narrow look that her shadow master was giving her the cat ignored it completely, flicking her tail and settling it around herself more comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Stroking Silver gently she glanced down at her when she spoke to herI suppose we will have to” assuming that Silver would have the shadow masters measurements, Lyra finished her tea and set the cup down with a soft sigh. Noticing the narrowed look that Damien was giving his shadow she couldn’t help her quiet giggle of amusement, very fond of Silver by now, both she and Joy were her constant companions. “Shall we go in the morning then? Gives you time to make sure you get his measurements” smiling cheekily now she jabbed her thumb in Damiens direction. It was too late tonight to be bothered going anywhere, and she wasn’t that sure that she’d buy anything either, she would have to go through what she already had to see if it was really needed or not. Yawning, Lyra tucked her legs underneath herself and settled down more, rather comfortable there.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Damien didn’t say anything, just finishing his tea and getting back to his book that he’d been reading before all the palaver had occurred. Equally as amused by his reaction, the black cat settled more comfortably on her chosen snooze spot, kneading gently and being careful not to prick Lyra with her claws. That sounds like a good idea, we’ll find something for him and for you. We owe you a bit of rent anyway.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Giggling a little to herself, Lyra just nodded continuing to stroke the cat gently, she wasn’t so sure about picking anything for her, her tastes were simple and she was of the opinion that rich folks had no taste, something that she repeated to Silver. Still that could wait for later, right now it was quite nice to just sit and enjoy the company that she had in her home. Up fairly early the next morning she found silver after she’d had breakfast and a strong cup of coffee to get her through the morning “There are no good shops here for that kind of attire, I think we will have to go to a bigger town. Either Frankfurt or Berlin would probably be the best places quality and quantity-wise, they are rather packed with people though” hence the strong drink, she wasn’t that used to crowds due to the rather sheltered upbringing she’d had in this small backwater town in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:31 pm

Damien was nowhere to be found the next morning, perhaps having gone to the bookshop, or perhaps he was sleeping in. In either case, it wasn’t really something that Silver was going to bother herself with and she waited patiently while Lyra got herself ready. We can make it a quick trip if you feel more comfortable doing that. It would be fairly easy at least getting to the bigger cities, that was one of the benefits of the shadows. Are you wanting to drive or are you comfortable with me transporting you?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 4:50 pm

While the crowds weren’t ideal, being able to get out of the tiny village and explore the world was rather exciting after all, “I’m comfortable with you taking me, its probably quicker than having to drive all that way, if that’s alright with you and won't be too draining” very fond of Silver it was in the young warlocks nature to treat the creature with respect and dignity. The shadow was not some magical ferry to take her wherever she wanted to go on a whim, after all, already well aware that she was going to have to be careful with her money, the warlock lived fairly modestly as she didn’t have a great wage. It didn’t really occur to her to ask Damien for anything to cover his share of the food he ate or the clothes they needed to by, for as far as she was aware he was destitute aside from his lamp that he was trapped within.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Of course it’s alright, I wouldn’t offer if it wasn’t. Once the warlock was ready, with the young shadow clinging tightly to her shoulder, the cat transported them to Frankfurt first. Choosing a more discreet shape in the form of some black trimming on Lyra’s clothes, the shadow hummed softly. Do not worry about the price, consider it a gift from us. We want to thank you.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Deciding it was easier not to argue lyra nodded and set about picking some suitable clothes. While she wasn't as into clothing and fashion like one of her sisters she'd always had her own sense of style, satisfied with the clothes for both herself and Damien she sighed "hopefully tonight goes well Silver, I don't know how I'll explain it to my parents if I got caught, theyre very traditionalist blend in with the masses" it'd been imprinted into her from a young age, behave human or face the consequences. Even as an adult she did her best to blend in out of force of habit, they'd be furious with her if they knew what she was up to. However she believed that this was something important and would follow it through.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 6:49 pm

Helping pick out something for Damien, the shadow hummed softly from her hidden spot. I doubt Damien will let things go too far adrift. He’s powerful enough to keep most at bay. As promised the shadow made sure to pay for the clothes, also ensuring that the baby shadow was also kept hidden. Are you wanting to do anything else here to head back home again?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 8:29 pm

By now she'd come to the conclusion that Damien was a powerful kind of creature although she hadn't said much about it. She didn't need to, they got along well and she adored the shadows, Silver was a wonderful companion that kept her company and the younger shadow that hung around really was a bundle of joy. At the question of there being anything else she'd like to do, she hummed to herself for a moment "Theres some old craft stores i'd be interested in having a look in" while she wasn't arty, she could do sewing and enjoyed making things for festivals. Her Christmas tree had a fair few home made decorations as well as a few store-bought, the chance to have a look through some of Frankfurts craft stores was a luxury she hadn't allowed herself for some time.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 8:51 pm

That sounds wonderful. The old shadow was quite happy to tag along with the girl, it had been a long time since they’d been able to be out and about and seeing things. It has been so long since we could wander at will. Though still technically it wasn’t at will, it was close enough, and she could share the experience with the other shadows who wanted to be able to roam as well.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 9:10 pm

Happy with the response, Lyra nodded and caught a bus to where her favourite craft store was, the building itself was at least a hundred years old and the store had been housed inside it for nearly as long. On family trips she'd been allowed to visit this place growing up, it was a decent-sized building but slightly claustrophobic as it was filled to the brim with all kinds of crafty items, taking a moment to absorb it all and to let Silver do the same, the young warlock moved deeper into the store "I love this place, every time I come here I find something I wasn't looking for that needs to come home with me, Last time it was a pair of chicken salt and pepper shakers that you could paint yourself" speaking softly to the shadow so as not to draw attention to themselves she looked over the paints lovingly wishing that she was good enough with pencil and paint, but despite many attempts and lessons, it seemed that it wasn't where her talents lay. Still, at least she could knit and crochet things, something she'd gotten better at with persistence, unlike painting and drawing. As they moved deeper her face lit up seeing adult paint by numbers charts, going over to the boxes she took one down from the shelf and inspected it, this had a pattern she could follow patterns okay, although it wouldn't be quite as good as coming up with her own creations it'd be something fun and new to try.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 9:15 pm

It had a deep odd sense to the shop that the shadow couldn’t quite nail down but she melted away form her hiding spot as the trim on Lyra’s clothes and wandered through the shop quietly. Keeping very much to the shadows which wasn’t hard with the amount of stuff crammed in there, the shadow eventually unearthed some lovely soft high quality leather that attracted her interest. Bringing it back to the warlock, she held it up, still careful to keep out of sight. Have you ever worked with leather before? It’s always an interesting process. Iris had once dabbled in a bit of leatherwork, as had Damien, but only enough to do basic mending and not much decorative stuff.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 9:22 pm

Dithering over what painting she'd like to do, she glanced down at the shadows words and took the pieces of leather curiously turning them over "no i haven't, but there should be tools to work the leather here, they sell everything crafty under the sun apart from maybe actual forging of things" the leather was soft and supple and a warm brown that she liked. Turnig it over in her hands she nodded deciding she'd try that instead of the paint by numbers "Where did you find the leather? the tools to work with it should be near where you found it, hopefully somethings stuff isn't always stored in a way that makes sense"the old woman who ran the store was rather quirky and as of recently had become a little more erratic than she normally was. Well that was what she'd deduced from the last few emails, as it was such a trip to Frankfurt she usually made the journey once a year and the rest of the time would email in orders for what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 6:37 pm

This way! Tugging on her sleeve gently the shadow melted back out of sight, leaving just a slight trail behind her. Making sure that Lyra could follow, Silver led her back to where she’d found the leather buried beneath a pile of things. What sort of tools would you need to use? She could sort through things faster than the warlock and without being squished if that was what was required.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 8:34 pm

That caused Lyra to pause, she didn't really know in all honesty, scouring the shelves she eventually found a book that looked like it belonged with the leather and various tools. "Well, according to this book we need a few things" reading them out so silver could collect them they soon filled the small basket that Lyra had picked up on the way in. The book was rather interesting and various ideas of what she could make flickered into life in her mind, although she wasn't settled on any of them yet, thumbing through the pages carefully she paused on a specific one. It was a pattern for beginners so something she could do and were leather bracelets of a sort with designs tooled into them, that was doable. A voice from behind made her jump, spinning around and hugging the book to her chest, she relaxed when she recognized the old witch that ran the store "Picking something you're actually going to finish this time?" the older creature queried quirking a brow to go along with her question. It was enough to make Lyra blush slightly  "yes!" sounding a little too defensive she glanced down at the floor for a brief moment before looking back up  "I'll take these please" the witch nodded and headed for the counter that was located near the entrance of the shop, breathing a sigh of relief Lyra brushed her hair out of her eyes and murmured to Silver "Thats Delphie or Delphine, she opened the store here originally" The old witch was as changeable as the wind, sometimes like a grumpy old hermit and other times more of a kind grandmotherly type.  

Last edited by Raven on Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Finding the objects as Lyra read out what they were, some of them Silver recognised, some of them were new and obviously much newer tools than what she was used to using. Melting out of sight when the older lady came over, the shadow perked up when she realised it was a creature and so bounced out in her cat shape to twine around the witch’s ankles purring. It has been a long while Delphine, how have you been faring? They’d met the witch once long ago when the lamp had been in another’s hands. You didn’t have the store before.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 10:03 pm

Looking down at the cat when it twined about her ankles she offered a slight smile, "hello, yes it's been a while" glancing back towards where lyra was it didn't take a genius to put two and two together. It seemed things had shifted in the moon's and the girl was now the caretaker of the cursed lamp. Hmph that'd be good for the pair of them, having lost a lot of the gentler side of herself with the death of her twin, she wasn't interested in talking about herself at all and was relieved when lyra showed up at the counter before anything else could be said. Counting out the cash lyra gave her to pay for her items, she handed the change back and sent them on their way. Happy with her purchase, lyra tucked the white paper bag filled with what she'd bought into her pack she'd brought with her "I think I'm all good to go silver If you are"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 3:17 pm

The shadow had a feeling there was something under the surface there, but there often was with witches. Deciding not to push for anything more the black cat simply hopped back onto lyra shoulders to curl there comfortably. It is good to see you again Delphine, I’d pass on Damien’s hello but I doubt he’d be giving one. The witch hdn’t exactly been a completely harsh owner, but the shadow master still had his own reasons for not being that friendly. Giving a cheerful chirp of farewell, the cat directed Lyra towards a secluded area where they could be taken home. Time to convince Damien he needs to dress up somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 9:08 pm

The woman managed a smile for the shadow and nodded "it's good to see that he's wound up in the hands of someone good, take care the pair of you" however she was relieved once they were gone. Giving a farewell to Delphine, Lyra sighed once they were home then started giggling at the cats dry tone when speaking about getting Damien into some formal clothes. Unable to help herself she finally recovered some composure "better you than me trying to do that" she didn't think that Damien would listen to her at all on this particular subject. Privately she had every belief that he was going to look quite good in the clothes that they'd picked out, feeling her cheeks burn a little she rubbed them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 4:42 pm

The cat sprawled comfortably along the table, absently pawing at the bits of leather to play with them as she spoke. You could very easily do it my dear. If she so wished anyway, such were the rules of the lamp they were bound by. Still, the shadow doubted that Lyra would want to do that, she hadn’t seemed inclined to order him about so far so perhaps it would be up to the shadow and bullying the shadow master into being suitably dressed for the event that was happening that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Lamp   The Silver Lamp - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silver Lamp
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4