The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A world in colour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

A world in colour - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

A world in colour - Page 7 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Atrel x Connor
Teenager Connor is stuck on the camp his parents sent him to to 'fix' what's wrong with him. Atrel winds up in a mushroom ring very close to the camp and the young human comes across him seeking to escape the camp even for a little while.
Kat x Kit
With her brother in line for the throne, Kat feels more comfortable wandering around the human world on her own. On one of her trips she finds Kit sketching more treehouses
Nero x Vi
Deciding that he's in need of an assistant, the royal healer Nero takes a trip to the warehouse to see what's on offer and finds Vi.

Last edited by Raven on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 5:14 pm

Forgetting that he couldn’t see her, Julie nodded. “The chapter says the twin thing only happens with dark fae, not ice fae.” She was very intrigued by it all now and was intending on doing some research of her own just to learn more. Finally remembering that Salem was on the other end of a phone, she added the confirmation that it was the human. “Yeah, he’s no creature. We were gonna tell him a few things so he’s not going into this all completely blind, if that even would make it safer for him?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 8:08 pm

Standing there waiting for a few minutes while his protegee was silent, probably lost in thought the confirmation finally came through “yes it’d probably be a good idea for him to know what a dark faerie is so he can keep himself safe” the fact that a dark faerie had taken an interest in him meant that his days in the human world were numbered in his professional opinion. Keeping that dark thought to himself he instead said his farewells and ended the call extremely interested in digging around and finding some more information. Still stirring the pot, Tess flicked her gaze from the contents of the pot to Julie “How are we going to tell him? I’ve never had to tell someone I’m an ice faerie, well someone that didn’t know anything about creatures in the slightest, and how to make him believe that the person he had a giant crush on as a teenager is a potentially dangerous creature?” her brother was fairly grounded, and she wasn’t sure how much he’d listen.

Finally, she’d managed to get away for a breather, after taking a couple of weeks wandering once she had informed her brother he was wanted back home to be named crown prince, Katherine had returned to the palace and had accepted the new workload that she had to do. Today however was one of her rare days off and she’d escaped into the human world, wings folded beneath casual clothes, wandering through a quiet park, and coming across an old tree, the faerie wandered over to him and touched her hand to his gnarled rough trunk greeting him. “Hello again, it’s been a while” murmuring quietly to the tree she brushed her fingers over the bark. He’d grown so much since she’d been here last, walking around his trunk stepping over the twisted roots she very nearly tripped over a young man. “Oh I’m sorry” managing to catch herself before she fell on him, Katherine’s hand on the trunk steadied her and when he looked up it was like she was punched in the stomach all of the air leaving her lungs at the pair of blue eyes that looked up at her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Hanging up on Salem once they were done, the young witch swung her legs for a moment thinking Tess’s question through. “I really don’t know, how likely is he to believe you if you just said it?” She took over stirring the soup, taking a quick peek at the recipe to double check where she was up to.
Opening the door the next night at the knock, she offered a warm smile to Con as he stood on the doorstep. “Heya Con, come on in.” As usual there were very tempting smells wafting through the house from her cooking and potions, and she led the way into the kitchen where Tess was already. “Drink?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 8:32 pm

Having spent the past day trying to figure out how the hell she was going to talk to her brother about what she was, Teresa was rather distracted and out of it, standing staring out the window with a drink in her hands. Seeing Julie open the door he broke into a smile, he was very fond of the woman, she was warm and genuine and they had gotten on well ever since Tess had introduced them, in a way it was like he had gained another sister something that he was very grateful for. “yes please, do you have any wine?” he was quite fond of various wines, his wedding had been in a vineyard with Teresa and Julie as his wife’s bridesmaids. Entering the comfortable home he glanced around wondering where Teresa was, she was usually in the living room “She helping cook? Oh dear, you’d better go rescue the food from her” comfortable enough with her to joke around a little with her a teasing look crept onto his face.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:11 pm

She quite liked Connor, and installed him into a chair in the kitchen. “Yep, I keep some just for you usually.” She wasn’t a fan of alcohol and how it affected he magic so she tended not to drink. His words about Tess just made her grin, enjoying the teasing. “Only under strict supervision, dinner is quite safe.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:39 pm

It’d been a couple of months since he’d seen Atrel last and the information he had learnt about him had been mind-blowing, on the way home from work he’d taken a detour to a local park for different scenery. Wandering along with his briefcase in one hand he paused spotting a man in colour, recognizing the creature he now knew was a faerie he decided to go and see him so he moved to stand next to Atrel. “Welcome back to the city, Tess told me she met you, you made a good impression” setting the briefcase down next to him he slipped his hands into his pockets turning his gaze up towards the sky. The park in the city was a real breath of fresh air and he was quite fond of coming here for a walk or even to take a break when he needed one, the plants felt so much more alive after all although he rarely came in winter when it was much too cold and he’d rather be at home in his wearable blanket with a large mug of something hot and sugary.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:45 pm

He'd found a nice spot in the park to settle and watch things happen, absently helping flowers grow until there was a fair few surrounding him. Hearing the voice, the faerie glanced up and offered a faint smile at the young man. “I wondered if she’d tell you we met.” Leaning back on his hands, a soft sigh escaped the prince as he also looked up at the clouds. There were barely any around, the sun shining quite nicely and keeping him warm. “Care to sit and wile the time away?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 pm

Unable to help himself from returning the smile, Connor returned “She told me quite a few things actually” he wasn’t in a rush home, Leila was out with her dogs there had been some kind of training seminar she was going to be away all evening at so he had the freedom to do as he wished. So he nodded and sat down next to him, Connor reached his hands back and leaned against them closing his eyes enjoying the gentle cool breeze that kept the day from being too hot. “I’ve got plenty of time to spare”. Perhaps Atrel would confirm what his sister claimed, although it might change a thing or two, he had already concluded that the faerie meant him no harm, after all he could have spirited him away when he was at that camp. “She told me you were a dark faerie. I don’t believe you are a threat to me, you’ve been nothing but kind when there were ample opportunities to take me away” speaking quietly but very much meaning the words he kept his eyes closed focusing on the breeze that was ruffling his hair and the way the grass felt against his fingers.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 pm

He wasn’t really surprised, Tess had come across as quite a protective girl, and considering she was an ice fae, she’d know what he was too So when Con came out with the new information he had, the faerie simply shrugged slightly and resumed growing a new flower. “I could have. I was tempted to.” He was in a way quite naïve but that was to be expected, he had only just been told about the supernaturals in the worlds now. “Oh I can be quite a threat, you’d be wise to not underestimate the fae.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 10:40 pm

Opening his eyes he turned his head to study him “You could very well have, but you didn’t. I’d love to know why” studying the faerie quietly he after a few moments, looked up at the sky “I’m sure you are dangerous, Teresa said by nature they are cunning and manipulative” choosing not to delve further into that he sighed and lay back against the grass inhaling the familiar smell of the earth. Wishing that time could freeze for a few moments so he could really enjoy this single place in time, he knew he was naieve and that he had a lot to learn but his sister and her partner had refused to tell him much more than the bare minimum. However, it would be unwise to grill Atrel about it all, he likely had things he didn’t just want anyone to know as they wandered by, he was the same about the camp he had been on and what he had seen there, especially what he had seen there. Shivering slightly he sat up rather suddenly and flexed his hands open and closed drawing his attention away from things he didn’t want to remember, a cloud went in front of the sun briefly drawing his attention back towards the sky and for the first time, he noted some darker clouds on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 10:48 pm

He just listened quietly to Con’s words, more focused on growing the small bed of flowers than anything else right now. “She’d be right.” He had little interest in saying much more, while there were few people around, there was always a risk of someone overhearing them. Releasing the hold on his magic with a quiet sigh he leaned back on his hands again, noting the now dark clouds in the distance. It’d be getting cooler soon then, so he’d have to watch that and make sure that he wouldn’t get too cold. “Ice fae are the same, I’d warn you to be wary of her if she wasn’t your sister.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:05 pm

At the mention of being wary of his sister he nodded “From the sounds of it most things, in general, are something to be wary of” it was nice to be around the faerie again. Even though he knew more about what Atrel was he wasn’t afraid of him, perhaps that was because he was still very naïve about creatures, but somehow it felt like there was more there that hadn’t been said. The coward part of him didn’t want to talk about it, in case it was only on his end, he liked to avoid being hurt at all costs unless it was to protect somebody that he cared about. “Smells like rain” looking over at the small bed of flowers he curiously reached out a hand to touch one of them gently, curious about how he had caused the small flowers to grow. Why had Conrad gotten his attention and then lead him to Atrel, what was it that his imaginary friend had wanted him to do with him, there were so many questions and this strange feeling that some how this was where he was supposed to be, with him. The colour he saw merely made that feeling stronger, but he was too scared to bring it up, especially now after finding out that he was an immortal faerie, and he himself was just a human, a mortal. It was hard work to pull himself out of his head but he made himself do it, to just sit there silently struggling was foolish he should enjoy what time they had "Its a pity it was such a nice day all morning and now I'm finally off of work it looks like its going to pour" the words were barely out of his mouth when fat raindrops started to slap into the ground around them. Standing up with a soft grunt he turned to Atrel and offered him a hand up "My place is open if you want a place to shelter from the storm thats warm" offering a warm smile he waited to hear what the faerie would say
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:12 pm

“Yes, most creatures are dangerous in their own way.” He went quiet again content to just be in his company for now. He still wasn’t sure what he was going to do about the colour on the boy, despite hanging around here in between his new lessons on becoming king. Part of his heart would always belong to his Conrad, but he’d made a promise to his love, and he was going to do his best to keep it. Perhaps it would eventually be alright to love someone else, after all there had been that warm feeling when he’d been under the tree in the church courtyard. Pulled form his thoughts as the rain began to fall he wrinkled his nose at the drop in temperature. This wasn’t ideal in the slightest. Deciding to take Con up on the offer he accepted the hand up and then walked with him towards his home, staying out of the rain as much as he possibly could.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:28 pm

Surprised but happy that Atrel took him up on the offer he suppressed a shiver, having never been a big fan of the cold the various punishments he’d survived had often been centred around the cold. Observing that the faerie was doing his best to stay out of the rain, he paused to set his briefcase down and shrugged out of his suit jacket offering it to him “Here, it’ll help keep you dry”. By the time they reached his place, he was soaked to the bone and wanted nothing more than to get out of the wet cold uncomfortable clothes, numb cold fingers fumbled with the key and he almost dropped it before managing to unlock the door and let them both into the house. Closing the door behind him once Atrel was in the house he took one look at the shivering man “Come on” he lead him towards the bathroom and opened the door “The showers in there, take a hot shower but wait while I find you some dry clothes” moving away he rifled through his clothes and found some older clothes of his that would definitely not fit the tiny male but would fit better than anything else in that house. Returning to him and offering him the dry clothes he added “Give me your wet clothes and I’ll get them dried” once they were in the drier he finally changed out of his wet clothes and into warm clothes. By the time Atrel reappeared, Connor had made tea and had a large honey jar out waiting, he’d done some quick googling while Atrel was in the shower and Dr Google had told him that faeries loved sweet things especially honey. Black hair still rather wet but drying, he leaned against the bench with his tea sipping it and waiting patiently, he'd already hurriedly shoved his guilty pleasure underneath his bed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:43 pm

He blinked at the offer of the jacket, it was something that Conrad had often offered him. Swallowing the shock down, he accepted the jacket and huddled into it, appreciating the warmth and the offer silently. He was still however sopping wet when they got to the house, doing his best not to shiver. He really did despise Ice for doing what she’d done to him, he’d never liked the cold after Conrad had died, but now he couldn’t even risk being in it too long for fear of dying himself. He stayed quiet throughout Con’s small speech and just accepted the clothes before vanishing into the shower to try and warm up again. Torn between taking as long as he could and not wanting to use up all of Con’s water, he eventually emerged in the dry clothes, his hair also as dry as he could get it and wandered back out to where he could smell some honey. Figuring that Con would be in the kitchen he made his way there, managing a faint smile for the young man. “Thanks.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:53 pm

Spotting him a warm smile flickered onto his face “you’re welcome” pushing the honey and tea over to him he asked the question that had been bothering him “So why didn’t you take me as a pet, you seem rather invested in me” halfway through his own cup of tea already he was quiet for a little while musing over how things had changed in him ever since he had been guided to where Atrel was. This place didn’t feel like home anymore, there was a small part of him that whispered that his place was elsewhere, it was out there all he needed to do was to strike off on his own and do it. Yet the cowardice pulled him back, he could not just abandon his sister and what would his mother do to him when she found out, What about Leila? She relied on him after all. For now, the cowardice was more outspoken than the whisper that this place was not his own, so he wrapped his hands around the hot cup of tea in an attempt to warm them up, pulling himself out of his thoughts in time to hear Atrels reply to his question.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:13 pm

He could understand the question, most humans learned that fact about the dark fae pretty quickly. Accepting the tea and honey, he added a fair bit of the sweet substance to his drink and stirred it while he thought over his response. “Where I lived then, and now, are no place for a pet.” Not to mention the fact that he didn’t often take pets anyway, occasionally he’d train them for someone else, but he’d never been too keen on having his own like most other fae were. He’d always had other people and things to be concerned about.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Listening to the explanation he nodded a little “Whereabouts is that?” he was getting answers to his questions so he was mentally amassing a shortlist to see how many he could get away with asking before the small window of opportunity closed. Sipping his tea, Connor listened to the sound of the heavy rain on the roof, the house was quite warm thankfully, Leila must have left the thermostat up when she left the house. “Do you believe in fate?” was another question that slipped out, “in the idea that there is someone guiding you” Conrad must have had a reason to lead him back to the faerie sitting opposite him. He had many complicated feelings on the matter, he hadn’t seen his imaginary friend since he met up with Atrel after the longest decade of his life, and now it was like some part of him had been awakened by that.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 pm

He probably should have guessed that would be the next question. Taking the time to sip at his tea, the faerie ended up just shrugging slightly. “I travel.” He definitely wasn’t going to reveal that he was the crown prince, not even to Con, not when he still was unsure how he was going to go about this whole situation. For now he was just taking things one day at a time, and seeing what happened. The next question got a very simple answer. “Yes.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Curiosity piqued at the mention of travel, his eyes lit up a little “Where have you been? Recently I’ve been thinking about doing some wandering and maybe find where I’m supposed to be” that feeling of not belonging had been growing stronger with each passing day, the only real problem was the church and where he would go. “Anywhere you’d recommend in particular?” at the moment he was quite open to suggestions on where to go. He’d been doing some googling and had a couple of ideas but hearing from someone who had actually been out there and had had experience on where to go and where to avoid could save him a lot of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:20 pm

“Oh nearly everywhere.” He wasn’t entirely sure the names of all the places he’d been now, they almost all merged together. “I prefer the wilder lands, cities are not really my friends.” The countrysides were usually free and untainted, and the plants were always happier. It also helped that there were fewer people around who could be tempted to catch him for a profit yet again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:51 pm

Having finished his cup he set it down and listened to the sound of the rain absently, coming back to the present when Atrel explained that he’d been nearly everywhere and preferred places that were wild, he nodded  “I can understand that” there was something about him that didn’t quite fit in with the city landscape and Connor could imagine him out somewhere far more rugged and wild. “I’m sure you’ve seen many beautiful and wonderful places then”. He wanted to see them too, feeling completely at home with the faerie there like what was happening in the kitchen had always been, Connor looked a lot more comfortable than he had when he had been speaking to the church members the first time Atrel had returned. “I don’t want to go anywhere too cold, I was thinking some places in Europe during the summer, perhaps places like India and China, or somewhere as simple as a valley” he could almost visualise where he wanted to go in his minds eye but the picture was blurry and out of focus.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:32 pm

He’d given himself the afternoon off from his work, his fingers itching to start designing a new treehouse just because he could, and not because he was being asked to do it. Wandering through the small French town, he ended up sitting between the roots of a particularly old and gnarled tree, one that had obviously been climbed and climbed by multiple generations of children, leaning back against the thick trunk, he was sketching lightly to design a treehouse that would fit nestled amongst the branches, almost hidden from view from the ground. Perhaps he’d take the design to the council and they’d give the go ahead to put it in for the children. Engrossed in his work, he didn’t notice the young woman coming around the tree until she nearly fell onto him, and he looked up at her quite startled. “No, no you’re fine. Are you alright?”

Having wrapped his hands around the tea mug comfortably, the faerie was savouring the hot sweet drink, sipping at it slowly between the conversation and enjoying the way it was warming him up from the inside. “I think Switzerland was a lovely place, the valleys there are quite secluded and wonderful.” He hadn’t stayed long in many of the valleys, the hurt still a bit raw since he’d gone there very soon after Conrad had died, but he had still taken in the beauty of the places. “I don’t think I got to the eastern lands, you’ll have to tell me what they’re like if you go.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 10:41 am

Doing what she could to hide her emotions from her brother, Kat was quiet for a couple of moments before responding “Yes, sorry again, it has been a while since I was here and I wasn’t paying attention” catching sight of what he was holding and wanting to figure him out a little she nodded at the sketchbook “Pardon my curiosity but what are you doing?” she couldn’t really see what he was doing, his bright blue eyes were simply captivating and she found herself staring into them almost getting lost in their depths. Hopefully, she wasn’t prying too much, doing her best to ignore the waterfall of thoughts that were threatening to drown her, Katherine did her best to remain in the moment, it’d be odd of her to introduce herself so soon right? She wanted his name and hadn’t decided whether or not she was going to pet him or not, part of her wanted him a pet so she could keep him as hers, another part was resistant to that as it wanted her colour to be an equal with herself. There was nobody back home that was her rank that was not family, the idea of having a friend and then a partner who was on equal terms as herself was tempting.

Keeping an eye on the amount of tea in Atrels cup, Connor moved to flick the jug on again in case he wanted another cup, visibly brightening up when he mentioned Switzerland and its valleys. “oh really? I’ll have to go there first, I love nice open valleys particularly if they’ve something like a lake in them” almost wanting to go there straight away fuck everything else he mentally pulled the reins on that feeling. It was not a good idea to go galloping off without planning first, “I definitely will, perhaps we will run into each other while we travel” he’d quite like that, being able to discuss where they had been and what they had seen. Unable to help but feeling wonder at how natural and easy this was, the colour shown on the faerie was beautiful and all he wanted to do was to study the colours to memorize them. He had had a long time ago felt feelings for Atrel and at this moment he could feel them stir up again, even though it was very risky feeling this way about a faerie especially since he didn’t know if the shorter man returned those feelings or even saw colour on him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 8:50 pm

“There were quite a few of those that I remember visiting.” It had hurt at the time, and it still hurt now, especially now that Connor seemed to have a pull towards those same sorts of places. Finishing his tea, he nodded slightly when Con indicated if he’d want some more. Again adding more honey, he stirred the drink thoughtfully when he received it, getting lost in his thoughts again. He still wasn’t completely sure about what to do with Connor, though the more he got to know the boy again, the more he was being tugged back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A world in colour
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next