The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A world in colour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

A world in colour - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

A world in colour - Page 15 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Atrel x Connor
Teenager Connor is stuck on the camp his parents sent him to to 'fix' what's wrong with him. Atrel winds up in a mushroom ring very close to the camp and the young human comes across him seeking to escape the camp even for a little while.
Kat x Kit
With her brother in line for the throne, Kat feels more comfortable wandering around the human world on her own. On one of her trips she finds Kit sketching more treehouses
Nero x Vi
Deciding that he's in need of an assistant, the royal healer Nero takes a trip to the warehouse to see what's on offer and finds Vi.

Last edited by Raven on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 2:30 pm

It was in a way a relief to give Kat the notes he’d written from Con’s confession, something he didn’t have to think about now, but he trusted his sister absolutely with. Letting her go with a nod, the king wandered back towards his quarters, slipping inside and moving over to shut the doors onto the balcony. The night had grown cold, and he wanted to keep the warmth in the room. As he passed Con, he touched his shoulder gently, unwilling to risk doing more than that. “Go sleep if you’re tired.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 2:42 pm

Stirring at the touch, he looked up at the faerie and sat up slowly, quite unwilling to admit that he had been waiting up for him. He wasn’t that keen on sleep, he was still suffering through dreams at night “Oh im not too tired” he lied, as soon as he said it he was aware that Atrel wouldn’t buy it at all, but it was too late the words had already been spoken. Closing his book and putting it on the coffee table, the pet glanced down at his hands biting his lip, he shouldn’t have lied.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 pm

It was rather obvious that it was a lie, but Atrel did nothing about it for the moment, taking his time to close up the windows and pull the curtains. He still preferred doing things himself, letting the palace servants do very little especially in his private quarters. Finally finished, he took a detour to a side table to pick up a small bottle before curling up on the couch again like he seemed to favour doing. “Is it dreams you fear then?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 4:03 pm

He breathed a sigh of relief when he wasn’t told off, glancing up to watch the faerie move around the room he decided to admit the truth even if it wasn’t something he particularly wanted to admit to himself or anyone else. “Yes” he murmured quietly absently fidgeting with the hem of his shirt,  “They’re awful” he finally admitted  “They have all of it, Rita, the camps I went to as a kid, all of it, its terrifying” speaking quietly he didn’t move away when Atrel curled up on the couch next to him, if anything all he really wanted was to lean against him and seek the reassurance that the faerie, the person he trusted more than anyone else, could provide. Fidgeting with his shirt he resisted that urge for all of two seconds, before he moved a little closer to lean against him like he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 4:15 pm

A listening ear was the least that Atrel could provide the boy at the moment, and he nodded as Con talked, the human ending up scooting closer to him for comfort. Not minding in the slightest, the faerie simply lifted an arm in invitation, if Con wanted to cuddle closer, he’d get an arm around his shoulders in a hug, if not then Atrel didn’t mind at all and would just stay where he was. “I was having a chat to Nero when you found us about nightmares. He gave me something that can help, if you want it.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 4:55 pm

Relieved when he wasn’t pushed away, Connor cuddled closer and closed his eyes with a quiet sigh when he felt the arm wrap around him, here he was safe, she couldn’t touch him or do anything to him. Nero was another faerie that had seemed quite familiar when he’d first met him, as if they’d met in a dream or something, there was an unsettling factor to the faerie but he seemed to be trustworthy as well somehow. He didn’t know how he knew any of that, he just felt it in his bones, listening as Atrel explained why he’d been speaking with Nero, Connor considered his options “Are there any side effects?” he knew that plenty of human medicines did and thus wanted to check that this wouldn’t make him feel groggy the next morning or anything else that could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 8:19 pm

Pleased that Con nestled in close, Atrel rested his hand on the boy’s shoulder, not giving in to the urge and instinct to brush his fingers through the dark hair. There was time enough for that, for now they could just be, and work on the problem of the nightmares. “Increased hunger, for the most part. It’s got strict dosage, Nero is very particular about how much to take at a time.” Sometimes, the king even took a dose or two, but he couldn’t handle the side effects well, not with the shadows needing more from him in the first place. They gave Nero enough of a job keeping weight on the thin faerie as it was. “The choice is yours, whenever you want.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 8:45 pm

Well increased hunger was better than some of the other side effects he’d been thinking of, nodding slightly he closed his eyes and nestled into the faerie “Okay” he didn’t really want to sleep anymore, it was much nicer being able to just be in the moment like this. The faeries presence and touch helped usher away the intrusive thoughts and worries that plagued him. Relaxing, he yawned widely but made no move to get the medicine or move away, for now he just wanted to stay like this, where things made sense and the bad things didn’t seem as bad.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 8:52 pm

Content there, the faerie moved only enough to reach for his book and settle it on his lap, open to where he’d been up to before the conversation with Con earlier. Leaving his other arm wrapped around the boy’s shoulders, Atrel resumed reading and didn’t bother getting Con to move. That would come later, when they were both ready for bed, but for now the evening was nice to sit in, and he let his pet settle where he was comfortable, a part of his always aware just in case he needed to move to soothe or back away. Not that it felt like that would happen any time soon, Con felt like he was quite settled and relaxed, and that was such a huge step forward.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 2:20 pm

Curled up there with the faerie, Connor was comfortable and felt safe there, the presence kept away the memories of the horrors he had been through, so his mind began to drift and wander down different paths, it wound its way through memories until he wound up lost in one. He'd been in trouble again for something that hadn't been his fault and he'd been locked in the dark, dank basement while his parents had left to go out. His sister had sat outside the door and talked to him so he wasn't alone, they'd talk about what they'd do when they'd grown up, she'd always known what she wanted to do. She wanted to be an actor on stage and he'd always believed that she would thrive on that. He'd just wanted to grow up strong enough to escape their parents and find his own way, and now he had. He was safe from them, he could see colour on someone and although he acknowledged how weak and pathetic he was, Connor could also for the first time see how brave he'd been. Throughout everything he'd been through, he had continued on, despite the pain and suffering, and now he had to be brave enough to face Rita. Gently pulling away from the faerie he got up and wandered over to the windows, leaning against the window sill. Teresa had always been outspoken when she saw things she believed that weren't right, although she'd often been cunning about how she'd done it. Remembering how stubborn she had been when she'd stood up to their father in his defense, a fond smile subtly crept onto his face. She would want him to be brave again, to fight his cowardly nature and stand up to Rita, she was a bully, she was the coward and pathetic one. Gritting his teeth and clenching his jaw, the pet made a quiet promise to Teresa. She'd always claimed thta talking about things helped nightmares, he didn't exactly think that'd work, but if he talked about what Rita had done to him, he'd have the chance to have her punished and things changed for the better not just for himself, it was the right choice to make even though it'd be hard to verbalize everything. Perhaps it could be a step in the direction to becoming whoever he was meant to be, more than the timid creature he was in this moment. "If I talk about what Rita did, she will be punished and prevented from doing it again?" he didn't turn back to look at Atrel, they'd vaguely already gone over this but he wanted a more concrete answer. Was him talking going to make a difference and change things? he wanted to believe that it would, but he was still getting used to the faerie world and how things worked here.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 2:56 pm

Not minding the silence, the king continued to read, letting Con pull away and get up when he eventually decided to. Trelly glanced up briefly as he moved, deducing that there was something on Con’s mind, but he didn’t press. The boy would talk when he was ready to, and the faerie wasn’t about to push him. That decision proved correct when Con finally spoke, and Atrel closed his book, marking his page with a finger to give the boy his full attention. “Kat is investigating what you’ve said already about what Rita did. The laws are… not the best, but we can use the whole scenario to change things. Her punishment would not be much to write home about..”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 1:17 pm

So she'd get away with just a slap on the wrist, but, perhaps the king could use it to change the laws. Then when she did it again as she most certainly would they would be able to really do something about it. He didn't question why the laws were so slack in the first place, from what he'd seen the society was still very medieval lords instead of how things were in the world he came from. Even then in some countries, pets had little rights, sometimes women had little in that regard as well. Thinking of Ellie a slight smile wound up a corner of his mouth, she'd vanished one day, but he'd always known that under the exterior that people saw of a spoilt little girl who always sought her parent's approval, there was a fire. If she had wound up in this world she'd become a firebrand and burn brightly. "Then I'll talk, I'll tell it all, and even if she gets a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket, you'll have ample excuse to change the laws" That was how politics worked after all, leaders using an event that was traumatic or dramatic to get laws changed, to start a war, get rid of rivals was something that had been used since the dawn of human history. Turning he leaned back against the window sill meeting the faeries silver eyes squarely without flinching.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 3:29 pm

The king nodded, he was well aware it would be the best shot they’d have. He’d been told a few times now how his parents had managed to change laws, using the situation with his mother and uncle as the catalyst, and he intended to do the same. “The old nobility are stuck in their ways. They will have to learn to change.” Either that, or just deal with the new way of things. “Kat will appreciate more details, I wasn’t able to give her much from what you’ve said already.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 4:15 pm

He nodded, sometimes even those who dug their heels into the earth couldn't stop change and from the look on the faerie's face it was clear that Atrel had every intention of dragging the laws into the modern sphere along with the old conservatives kicking and screaming. The idea of some of the arrogant egotistically faeries of the nobility being dragged through the dirt doing said kicking and screaming caused a slight smirk to appear on his lips. If he had money he would have paid good money to see that happen, turning to look out the window he crossed his arms. Despite it all, going through the memories wouldn't be a fun evening and he wanted to recite it as little as possible, so he made up his mind "I'll write it all down for you to take to her, then if i have to testify in court, I'll speak on it then, if thats okay" the pay off would be no one else would go through what he had gone through
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 5:27 pm

That was completely fine, and Atrel got to his feet to find a notebook and pen for Con. His book was set aside on the couch while he searched, and it wasn’t long before he came back with one. “It is highly likely you’ll be required to talk in court, but I’ll do my best to make it easy for you.” He had to do all he could to keep Con safe, he hadn’t been able to do that before, and he wasn’t going to throw away this second chance to make things right. Aware that it was getting quite late now, especially as Con had been staying up to avoid sleeping, Atrel didn’t return to reading, instead putting the book on a side table and passing over the small bottle that Nero had given him. “The dosage is on the label. Take it when you’re ready to. It does help, and you do need the sleep.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A world in colour
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15