The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Aquilla

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

The Aquilla  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:57 am

First topic message reminder :

The Aquilla a mighty Vessel who happens to be a pirate ship, captained by the flamboyant Otis Cooper the crew is wide and varied. The first mate position is currently open for grabs and ther ehave been a few silent fights over the position. The ship is full of drama and there is always something going on, forget the navy this ship has it all from wenches who'll gut you if you look at you wrong to the ships personal man whore. The basic rules are listen to the captain and don't cut anyone out of a deal. The Aquilla  - Page 3 Aquila
Characters
Thea Alderson
Lana Hayles
Otis Cooper
Elizabeth Mckinnan (Rose)
Joshua Harrison
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Thea nodded. "Alright, Otis," she replied before opening her bag and bringing out a couple of her own maps and spreading them over the table. Next was the compass that Josh had given her along with a few other pieces of professional navigating equipment. Most of it looked rather expensive. Studying one of the maps, she began to draw lines over the surface lightly until she'd marked out a route. Then she placed her equipment down and looked over at the captain. "We take this route then we should be free of navy ships' routes," she told him. "We wouldn't really want to run into any of them or they may decide that they want to inspect the ship."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Rose moved back down into the crew quarters "oi new boy! get your behind up here and learn the feel of the ship" she yelled with annoyance god newbies they always thought that they could just laze about. She shook her head even when in port there were things to do, supplies to stock up on, sails to repair.

Otis inspected her work before nodding "Very good, Very well you are now navigator upon my fair vessel" he grinned a little, as captain he generally manned the helm. Although he sometimes had to fight Rose over it as she also enjoyed steering, he shook his head at the thought before he folded his arms "you should go get yourself patched up" he had a discerning eye that was rather sharp hence how he could tell generally how abd she was wounded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Thea frowned at him. "I've already been 'patched up'," she told him, a little bit snappily. "It's only a scratch and it should be fine within a couple of weeks." She really didn't want to lose her temper with this guy so she looked away from him and began packing up her navigation equipment, slipping it all back into her bag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Joshua sat there with his rosary beads in hand. He was muttering something under his breath. As the redhead appeared, he opened his eyes, looking over at her. Without a word, he set them aside and stood, nodding. With that, he moved passed her to the deck.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Otis raised his eyebrows "now now no need to get your undergarments in a twist, you're one of my crew so you're going to have to put up with me worrying about you" he folded his arms "and a scratch would not be affecting your walking so badly" he informed her "better to say that you fell badly on it, more believable"

Rose grumbled loudly as she lead him through the ship, pausing by the brig she gestured in at the chocolate haired woman who was the figure of ease "Thats the bitch" she said shortly "i'd advise you not to talk to her if you want to keep your self esteeM"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Thea rolled her eyes. "I'm not one to be worrying about," she told him. "So, please, just don't. I already visited a doctor while living out there in the French port. He cleaned and wrapped it for me." She stood up. "Is that all, Otis?" she asked, wanting to leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Joshua gave a light chuckle, smiling softly, "I'm not certain if I have any of that to lose." He'd been insanely hard on himself the past few months. He seemed to break anything and everything he touched. He glanced down at Lana and then continued up onto deck. A ship was a ship, generally. He knew how to make one function, every aspect of it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Rose rolled her eyes "oh trust me, if youre rock bottom she can make the rock crack and you be dragged down several leagues" the Aquilla had a different full sail system than most ships and she took him through it very detailedly.

Otis narrowed his eyes "i care for every person on my ship, it is a natural function" he sighed fiddling with one of his various rings "yes you may go"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Joshua listened attentively. He stayed silent as she briefed him. He was still getting a feel for the people on this ship and how to act around them. In a way, that's what it was, an act. It's how he knew he would be. He didn't mind letting it slip that it wasn't how he actually was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Thea nodded before turning and exiting the cabin. What was it that Rose had said earlier? Something about a girl in the brig because she'd insulted the captain's fashion sense. Thea was very curious considering Rose had said that she was good at mentally breaking people. Now, which way was the brig? The girl glanced left, then right before starting off in the direction she would expect the brig to be in. A small smirk came onto her lips as she managed to find it and stepped inside. She didn't really say anything yet, just studying the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 pm

hearing someone enter she didn't bother looking up, she inhaled through her nose detecting the scent of blood on the mystery person as well as a gentler scent that told her that it was a female. Slight limp in the footsteps as well, interesting interesting, her eyes snapped open to move to look at the woman from where she was an innocent look in her emerald green eyes. Nothing was given away on ehr face, it was the perfect mask of innocence and slighty confusion, she was lying on the cot her feet braced against the bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Thea watched the girl for another moment before speaking. "Hello. I'm told you were put in here for insulting the captain." It was short, straight to the point. She kept walking until she stood mere inches away from the bars of the cell. It was within reach of the girl if she wanted to try anything but Thea could quite easily use the bars against her. Rose had said that the girl could break people mentally, though, not physically.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Lana read the thoughts as easily as if they were in a book, the woman for she was a woman of 28 years of age kept the innocent mask. She didn't move her feet still lightly resting on the bars, her eyebrow quirked slightly before she said in a light tone "hello Thea, i've been expecting you" oh she really thought the bars would protect her? how adorable, she had long unpicked the cage door and was in here still only because she preferred it to the crew quarters. None of these thoughts were shown, instead the innocent look was on her face and in her eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Thea kept her face calm, a little surprised that the girl knew her name but she kept that hidden. She was an actress, time to start acting a little more. "Why were you expecting me?" she asked. "It's not exactly as if I told anyone I'd be coming to see you." Thea had dealt with people who acted innocent but turned out not to be before, it was all a matter of keeping yourself in check. She stood up straight, shoulders back, eyes looking directly at the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 pm

oh ho ho, that flash in her eyes of surprise she loved that, she closed her own eyes a slight smile on her face, she kept quiet for a few moments drawing out the tension slightly before she opened her eyes again to watch her. Emerald eyes twinkling with innocence, "got to let a girl have some secrets" she called herself a girl to make herself seem younger and less of a threat. She held herself differently than when joshua and Rose had peered in, nothing about her gave her inner most thoughts away her mind palace was intricate and detailed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Thea rolled her eyes then laughed quite loudly. "You're hilarious, you know that?" she asked as she stepped a little closer to the bars. Her whole body began to give off a mixed language. Her stance suggested she was angry, her expression suggested happy, her eyes sad. "Reading somebody is easy, you know? You don't really need too much intelligence for something like that. When Rose told me you could break people, I thought she meant it."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm

"That probbaly explains why Joshua Harrison is so stupid then" in a swift motion she was up completly different now. Now she was dangerous and she knew it, a cruel smirk appearing on her face "did it hurt when those big mean boys hurt you doll? Still clinging onto that satchel, oh sweet thing, your past is so delicious, from england those days where you were fashionable in those big dresses" she shook her head, beginning to snigger "oh sweetie, you really are cute, you don't wnat anyone to really get close to you, preferring to keep others away like when you shoved Otis's caring words away, that hurt him you know, our beloved captain is very sensitive when it comes to things like that" the door was open and in a quick swift movement Thea was in the cage, picking the door shut she bowed mockingly "austa la vista sweetheart" and with that she was gone leaving the ship without being ntoiced
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Thea tilted her head slightly as the woman spoke, listening curiously to see what sort of things she could figure out. Considering she was a pirate, then it was likely that any injury gained was from being attacked by somebody. It was obvious she was attached to her satchel through the way she constantly checked to make sure she still had it. The English thing was easy enough, her accent gave that away as it did with how she used to dress in huge, glamorous dresses. The thing with Otis confused her, until the woman opened the door of the cell. She hadn't been expecting that as she was pushed into the cell and it was locked behind her. But then it made sense. Obviously the woman had listened in to the conversation with Otis, that's how she knew. Really, Thea was not impressed- except by the feat of being able to get her into the cell. It was a couple of seconds before Thea realized her problem, that she was trapped. Then she began to inwardly panic. Her breathing hitched a lot but that was the only sign of her freaking out, her eyes locked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Rose huffed having left Joshua to hsi own devices, she sat on the prow of the ship once more watching the french big wigs strut along like peacocks. She personally wished that they could just sail away and never have to dock but then how would they get their supplies, she supposed that they could always just steal what they needed from other ships
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Connor had just returned from town, strolling casually onto the deck. In one hand was an apple, which he ever so often took a bite out of as he studied the ship silently. Something was different but for a moment, he was at a loss as to what it was. Then he spotted Josh. A newbie? Great. Taking great care to hold himself so he looked a little taller, Connor headed over to the stranger. "You new here?" he asked through a mouthful of apple, spraying small morsels at the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Joshua raised an eyebrow at him, wiping a small amount of spittle from his own face. He resisted rolling his eyebrows. Josh could, pretty much, get along with most everyone, simply because he knew how to cover every negative emotion towards others. He smiled at the man, "Yes, I am." He stood to his full height of 6', holding out a hand to shake the other man's. His Bahamian accent was faint and slipped in and out as he debated whether to hide it or not, "Joshua Harrison."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Connor nodded and grasped Josh's hand, squeezing perhaps a little too much just to show off a bit of his strength. His hand was sticky, sweaty. Really, it was pretty disgusting. "Connor Tether," he replied, grinning- showing off his yellowed teeth. Even covered by his shirt, it was pretty obvious that the man had well-built muscles. When he pulled away, he wiped his hand on his shirt and took another bite of his apple, proceeding to spray food again as he talked. "Why'd Otis hire you? What skills do you have?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Rose blinked hearing a voice that made her want to shoot herself in the foot, she looked up and growled noticing connor. She wanted to kill that shit so much but he was on with the crew although why otis let him in she had no idea. Half of the time she wanted to lock him in the brig with lana and let her carve him into a peice of art and pass it off as a simple misunderstanding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Joshua mimicked his motion of wiping of his own hand, though he felt he needed to. Joshua's own form was rather lean looking. He had muscle to him, certainly, though he was built like an athlete, not any form of weight lifter. He could tell this guy was working pretty damn hard to outshine him, to appear the stronger and, well, better individual. He didn't feel much like competing so, he left it. He shrugged a little, "Been on the seas about eight years, now. I pick up things easily, can do just about any job on a ship, damn good sailor." He smiled at the other man. His own teeth were oddly white compared to what you'd expect from a pirate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Connor nodded and wiped his hand through his scruffy blond hair. "So what rank did you get?" he questioned. It was obvious that the guy was trying to figure Josh out, wanting to know everything about him so he'd know any weaknesses if he needed them in the future. Sometimes he caught himself wishing he had a skill like Lana but he'd never admit that, of course. Women were not better than him. Then he noticed Rose out of the corner of his eye. "Oh, hey Rosey Posey!" he called, smirking at her. "Go get me a bottle o' rum, would you? There's a good girl." He knew that she probably would give him a comeback but he rather enjoyed taunting the female.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aquilla    The Aquilla  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Aquilla
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: