The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Wandering through the sale yards, Julian tucked his free hand into his pocket, and led the gentle brown gelding easily. The bay horse was unworried by the activity around them, well used to it after all the times Julian had ridden him to the sales. The man's quiet green-gold gaze studied the horses around him, searching for the ones bound for the knackers, and finally found them, hidden off in a corner. Tethering Ned nearby, the stockman went over to the pens, ignoring the old racehorses and tired geldings. he was searching for the troublesome ones, who were deemed dangerous, and finally found one. The bright gold mare was in a pen on her own, a halter tight around her head, and her ears flat back. As he watched, she aimed a bite at the nearest woman, and he smiled a little. She still had spirit, that was good.
the seller nearby recognised him and ambled over, initiating the conversation that soon ended with Julian handing over money. Retrieving Ned, he mounted the horse, and tugged his hat down more firmly, watching the angry mare with a steady gaze. She was going to be a fun one to retrain, but he enjoyed a challenge, especially with the horses. Taking her halter rope with a nod, he wrapped the end around the saddle horn, easing the mare out of the pen despite her fight to get free.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 am

Luna wondered through the yards just gazing at the many different horses and she gasped as a stunning golden mare was being lead from her pen up a cowboy. She watched silently as they disappeared and she hoped that that the mare was trainable so she would be safe. Turning her attention to other pens nearby she was drawn to a stunning roan stallion prancing around the small pen and she approached him slowly. When the seller came over she was shocked to find out that the young stallion had never been handled until recently but all attempts to train him had resulted in trips to the ER so he was to be sold. Without a thought she handed over the asking amount and she was walking away with a stallion at the end of his lead dancing along. With a slight struggle she got him loaded into the trailer and headed home to find a trainer who might be willing to take on her new horse Major.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 am

It was a slow ride back to his farmhouse, but he didn't mind. It gave the feisty mare a chance to get used to his and Ned's smell, and begin to calm down a little bit. As he let the gelding amble along, he began to hum to himself, working out his plans for the next few days. Luckily, the horse he'd been training for someone else had been taken home the day before, so he no longer had to worry about that one. There weren't any calves that were about to be born, so all he needed to focus on was working with his stallion for the upcoming stockhorse show, and start familiarising the little mare with him. With no puppies from his dogs to train either, he had a few relatively relaxing few weeks ahead of him, unless of course something came up.

Finally getting home, he slid off Ned and ground tied him, preferring to settle the mare first. He knew the old gelding wasn't going to go anywhere. His spare yards were empty now, since Ghost had been turned out into the orchard, and he led the mare over to the high-fenced area, shutting the gate behind them. Talking to her softly, he worked with her as she fought the rope, clearly desperate to get away. She wouldn't let him near her for a long time, but he was patient, and when she finally did, he merely unclipped the lead rope and backed away, still talking to her softly. A quick glance at the trough let him know that the water was clean and fresh, and he slipped out to put the rope away and get some hay for her.

Finished there, he took care of Ned, turning him back out with the grey stallion, and headed inside in time to catch the ringing phone. Listening to the voice, he rolled his eyes, but agreed to keep an eye out for the girl with the difficult stallion, and then hung up. If she'd only just bought him, then she'd be looking for a trainer, and he just so happened to be the only one in this tiny town. Reflecting on how fast word travelled in the town, he gave a sigh. He'd see the horse soon enough. It looked like his peaceful few weeks were not to be.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 8:49 am

When Luna arrived home she let Major lose into the high-fenced round yard that was by the stables and she watched as he stood there with this head high looking around. She shut the rolling gate to keep him in and shut the ramp to her trailer before heading into the barn to grab a hay net for the horse. Hanging it over the railings she moved over and turned on the water to fill the trough inside so he could drink. With that all finished she headed inside to look up trainers that might be willing to take her unhandled Major on. Opening the phone book she soon found out that there was only one trainer in this small town and she lifted the phone hoping that he would be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Eyeing the phone as it began to ring again, Julian ignored it, heading outside. He couldn't waste more time chit-chatting to people over the phone. He had work to do. Nearly everyone in the town knew he had a bad habit of ignoring his phone, anyway. They'd come round to see him soon enough if it was urgent. Making sure his hat was on his head, he bridled the spirited grey stallion and mounted bareback, concentrating on the horse's responsiveness. If they were going to do anything well at the next campdrafting show, then they needed to get working again.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm

When the phone went to answering machine she sighed hoping that Julian would call her back. Deciding to leave a message she took a deep breath as the beep sounds. "Hi Julian. My name is Luna and I have a stallion I was hoping you would train for me. If you could give me a call back on 2266 5599 I would really appreciate it. Thank you." she said calmly even though she felt her hands shaking. Hanging the phone up she let out a soft sigh as she thought back to his voice in the brief message he had spoken. He had a smooth sounding voice, like a good whisky really she likened it too. With some house chores to do she stood and forced the issue from her mind and got to work.

After a few hours, around mid-afternoon she gave up on getting a phone call back and through a hat onto her head and went to saddle up her Arab mare. Soon they were on their way over to Julian's ranch and in the distance she could see a person on a horse working together with ease. Suddenly Nyx tossed her head up and called out to the horses she could see, one being the stunning golden mare she had seen being lead away early that day.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 10:53 pm

Julian knew he had a visitor when Ghost's ears perked forwards, and the stockman gave a soft sigh, asking the horse to spin so that he was listening to him again. "Come on, cheeky. You know what to do." After a brief moment, the stallion spun lightly on his feet, kicking up the bulldust, and Julian relaxed the pressure, letting him rest as he patted the sweaty neck. "Atta boy, you remember." The horse had been let loose in the paddock for a couple of months to rest him, but it was good to know that he still remembered.
Hearing the strange horse's call, Julian looked over his shoulder, frowning a little at the visitor. He wasn't expecting anyone.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:12 pm

Luna guided Nyx closer to the pair working slowly watching them work together. As she got closer she was stunned with awe of their closeness and power as they worked. The grey stallion was a ball of rippling muscle and the man who rode him was confident and strong upon his back. Pulling up her mare at the fence she waited silently, admiring the sight before her, to be acknowledged.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Collecting the stallion easily, Julian pushed his hat back a little, steadying the prancing horse. "G'day sheila. What brings you out to the farm, hm?" Ghost tossed his head, eager to say hello to the mare, but Julian held him back until he settled. The movements were absent, and a result of many months working with the animal.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Luna felt a shiver run down her spine as his warm voice washed over her and she flashed him a shy smile. "Well I've been told your the best trainer for hours and I brought a stally this mornin' that needs some work if you are willing to take him on." She replied as Nyx stretched her head out bickering to the grey stallion softly, "I'm Luna." She kept her light coloured eyes on his as she watched him hoping he wouldn't turn her away.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:39 pm

He lifted an eyebrow at her, backing Ghost up as the stallion made to move forward. Once the horse was settled again, he glanced back at the girl, studying her. "How handled is he? Depending on that depends on whether I'll be working at yours or here. Of course, that all depends on what he's like in the first place. You didn't bring him with you, I see."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Luna shook her head when he spoke. "I didn't want to risk him taken off on Nyx and I. He hasn't had much handling but I got him into a float on my own at the sale yards. The seller said that he hadn't had much handling as he was tough to work with. Kept puttin trainers in ER when they went to back him." She explained running her hand down the mares neck. "He's a stunner though, I couldn't pass the boy up when I saw him."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 pm

"Hm." He frowned at her. "Buying just on looks isn't always the best choice, youngster." With Ghost finally quiet, he slid off the horse, rubbing the muscled neck affectionately. "How old is he? What's his temperament like, and what breed is he? And how tall?" Walking to the gate as he spoke, he paused to look at up her, his head tilted on the side. "So he was exposed to gear then, hmm. Interesting that he wasn't gelded." He tethered Ghost to wait while the continued to chat about the horse, and indicated towards the house. "Tether the mare, come inside. We'll talk." He didn't wait for her, heading inside.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:05 am

Luna shrugged slightly knowing the stallion was an impulse buy when she had been looking for a broken in horse to train in barrel racing. "He was an impulse buy and not totally what I went for but I think he will still be pretty perfect once trained." She replied, "He's a 6 year old barb and stands at roughly 15 to 16 hands. He doesn't seem feisty in the round area but the seller says he's a calm one til they were backin him." She dismounted Nyx and tethered her near the grey stallion but not close enough for them to damage the other should something go wrong. "I did some research into his bloodline according to his registration. He's a stally cause he has to well known grand sires and his dam was also famous." She told him as she followed him inside his house.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:21 am

"Mm." Moving to the fridge, the stockman pulled out a bottle of water and a couple of glasses. It had been a hot day. Hanging his hat on the hook, he tugged the ponytail out of his hair to run his hands through it. "Have a seat, have a drink. What exactly do you want to do with the horse? Breed him? Or show him?" It was interesting what she was saying. Something must have been upsetting the horse when he was being backed if he was fine doing ground work. "Do you know when they started to break him in?" He retired his hair and sat down, leaving the door open to get some fresh air in the house.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 am

Luna knocked her hat off her head and took a seat at his offer. "Thank you." She said accepting the glass of water. Her head tilted as she thought over his words. "I went to find a new horse for barrels, he looks fast so I was hopin get make him a barrel racer and show him on ground also. I plan to offer him for stud later on after he is retired from showing. That's what he was doing until he turned five and they decided to start breaking him in for the saddle." She told him softly before taking a sip of water, "If he can't be broken to saddle then I will still show him on ground and love him all the same. He seems like a special boy, much like your grey stallion is. You both have a real strong connection. It's an amazing thing to watch." She was being honest and hoped she didn't offend him or seem like she was flirting even though she wouldn't object to flirting with him. She was fairly young at 20 years old but she had had a few boyfriends in the past before she was given her grandparents farm in their will. She hadn't hesitated to pack up and move out here to run the property with ease.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:41 am

"Aye, Ghost is a special one, but that's not of any concern." He tipped back in his chair, rocking on the two back legs. "Don't make any plans for him to stand at stud until you know what he's like. No one will stud to a mean horse, no matter how pretty he looks, or what he's done show wise." Settling the chair back down properly, he considered it, drumming his fingers on the table. There were no mares of his that were in heat, thankfully, and it would be easy to move Ghost and his other stallion around so that they didn't feel threatened. The only issue that he could foresee was the golden mare that he'd rescued. "Bring him over in the morning, I'll take a gander at him. See whether he's worth spending a small fortune on."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:53 am

Luna nodded at Julian's words as he spoke and when he said he would have a look at him she flashed him a gratefully smile. "I really appreciate you been willin to take a look at him for me." She said softly. She knew a lot rode on how her new stallion acted and reacted to different things and she could only hope that he was a calm as the seller had told her he was. "Thank you Julian. I will see you in the morn with him." She said before standing, placing her empty glass on his sink and departing. Heading out of his house she made her way over to Nyx and tightened her girth before swinging smoothly into the saddle. Turning the black Arab towards home she glanced back at the house with a light blush that was hidden by the shade of her hat. "I'm in trouble Nyx. I really think I am." She whispered to the mare nudging her with her heels lightly and they took off at any easy pace.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:56 am

He simply gave her a short nod, and headed back out to finish off the jobs for the day. Once Ghost was cooled off and settled back in the orchard, the man fed the dogs, and went to the golden mare's paddock, standing at the gate to gauge her reaction. She flattened her ears at him, stamping a hind foot, and he sighed. She was going to take him a long time to even touch her, but he didn't mind. Giving her a few biscuits of hay, he disappeared inside his house, ready for a good nights sleep.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:03 am

Luna took Nyx out through the main herd of cattle as the females were all heavy in calf. Seeing no issues she spoke briefly with the men guarding them both going off day shift and the oncoming night shift. With no issues having been seen or to be passed on she head back to the main house, cooling the black mare down as she went. After turning her out into the paddock surrounding the stable, leaving the outside door to the mares stall open, she placed two biscuits of hay into her hay net and took another two out to the barb stallion in the round pen. As she approached he lifted his head and moved closer but remained out of reach as he watched her. With the lean-to she wasn't worried to much about Major overnight but she did run her eyes over him and saw no injuries or signs of aggression nor fear on him. Heading into the house she went through her nightly routine before falling asleep swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:10 am

Like always, he was up with the sun, and it wasn't long before he was outside. Feeding the dogs first, he let them off for their morning run, smiling at the antics of the younger ones. Leaving them to their business, he did the rounds of the horses, making sure that they had their breakfast and fresh water, and spent a bit longer with Ghost, talking to him softly. The stallion nibbled on Julian's long hair, and the man simply laughed, nudging him away. The golden mare seemed to have settled down a bit, half dozing in the morning air when he went to feed her. Studying her, he made the mental note to call the vet out to check her over, see whether she needed anything. What was more important however was trying to get the halter off her head. It was far too tight, but it appeared that she was head shy. He knew it was going to be a difficult task, but he'd do it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:16 am

Luna had gotten up not long after the au had broken the horizon and was quick to give both horses a morning meal of grain and chaff before having toast for herself. Having brushed her teeth she went out into the barn and did the morning clean out while looking over a healing bull who had had a nasty run in with some barbed wire. Before she knew it, it was 9 am and she carefully loaded Major back into the float driving out to Julian's farm for the stallion assessment.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:20 am

With the dogs back on their chains, Julian was finishing off his cup of tea and about to saddle the old gelding when he heard the truck. Evidently the dogs did too, for they erupted with barking. A sharp whistle made them fall silent, and he stood on the edge of the verandah with his cup in his hand, watching. It looked to be a rather fancy sort of float, and he rolled his eyes to himself. Why would he think any different. He just wanted to see the stallion.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 10:03 am

Luna pulled up and jumped from her truck. Spotting Julian she waved before lowering the ramp with the push of a button. Climbing into the back she untied Major before turning him around and leading him out into the open. His head tossed into the air as his hooves hit the ground and he looked around with flickering ears. With a clucking of her tongue she moved him around to the side and hitched him onto some baling twine so as to not injure the barb stallion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Equus Asinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: