The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:56 pm

He shrugged a shoulder, getting two mugs out, and placing the sugar pot on the table. "Indirectly," he answered, tending to the kettle once it began whistling. Bringing her cup over to her, he added milk to his, and sat down with her. He leaned back in his chair, studying her intently as he cradled the cup. his hat had been abandoned on the side table, and his hair was falling about his face, having escaped the ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 pm

She nodded at his response and didn't push for more of an answer. It seemed like one for another time as it seemed to be a longer story. She accepted her mug with a smile and she dumped a teaspoon of sugar into the dark liquid giving it a quick stir. "Thanks." She said before taking a small sip, "What else do you do here?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 pm

He accepted the silence easily, thinking through the circumstances that had led to him owning Ghost. Shaking off the memories, he focused on her again. "Breed cattle to sell the weaners, a few sheep for the same reason. Not really into the wool market, that just takes up too much time for me. Mainly it's the horses. I break, train, and give lessons. Spots stands at stud, and I often travel to shows all over the world. "
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Luna tilted her head slightly at his mention of travelling for shows. "What do you compete in if you don't mind me asking? Camp drafting?" She asked interested.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:00 am

He nodded. "Yeah, campdrafting, cutting. Occasional cow roping. Used to do barrels, but that boy died a few years back. I tend to be asked for horse training demos as well, apparently I'm a wanted person in that regards."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 am

Luna chuckled at his wanted person comment. "You know it means your respected and worth listening to and watching. It's a hard to reach that point and to reach it is a well earned title." She countered with a soft smile, "Perhaps one day if you get a chance, I could get some advice off you with my barrelers and their training." She brushed her hair behind her ear shyly. "What are your most memorable shows?" She asked cpwith curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:08 am

He just lifted a shoulder, a wry grin crossing his face. "Aye, I suppose so. Sure, I'd be happy to give you some advice, but you seem to be going well with barrels as it is." Taking a few more mouthfuls of tea, he considered her question. "Well, the first one, of course. Ghost was very antsy at that one. He wasn't used to the crowds, but he handled it very well. And... I'd say the other would be a recent one, a few months ago. Placed first in all my comps, and the demo was packed to the rafters. Ghost was fantastic there."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:19 am

She blushed softly at his praise as she sipped her tea. "Thank you but I'm sure you would find something I could improve on. I have them trotting around the barrels right now." She told him with a gentle smile. "That's pretty impressive. I can understand why everyone would turn out to see your demos. The one I saw at the sales was amazing."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 am

"There's always something to improve on," he told her. "I'm still improving with Ghost every time I do some work with him. You never stop learning." He brushed off her compliment with an almost shy smile. "That was really nothing," he admitted. "Cutting was the first thing I taught Ghost, he adores it, and is always like that."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 am

She nodded at his words thinking of the learning she always did with Nyx. "I know what you mean there." She mummered taking in his smile as he waved her complement away. "It's not just what you do it's how you guys worked. It's a real beauty to watch that you don't often see in such a natural form. It was like you could read each other's mind."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 am

He ducked his head a little. "Been about six years in the making, that relationship. He didn't want to listen to me in the beginning. Not that I really blame him, he was scared shitless the poor bugger." Finishing off his tea, he put the kettle on again. "Want another? There's not much I've got to do today, luckily. You're welcome to stay as long as you want."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am

Luna finished her tea as he ducked his head seeming embarrassed by her words and his humbleness was amazing to see as to many would become boastful with those sort of words. It made her even happier to know him as she attempted to become his friend. "Only if you are Julian." She replied to his offer to stay, "Did something happen with Ghost as a youngster before he came to you?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 am

He nodded, collecting her cup as well as his. "Mmhm. The car that was towing him crashed quite badly. He was pretty shaken up, few scars. Managed to get him here alright, but it was a lot of work to get him to trust me. He still hates being floated, that's why I always take Ned as well. It helps keep him calm." There had been a reason he'd named the youngster Ghost, and it wasn't just because of his coat colour.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am

Luna flinched at the thought of a crash happening and she looked out the window in the direction of the stunning stallion. "Poor guy. No wonder he is scared of floating. I hope everyone survived the crash." She said softly looking back at the man as he stood by the stove.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 am

Julian shook his head. "No. Only Ghost did." He went quiet a moment, concentrating on making the tea. "Was my parents, nearly seven years ago now." He glanced out the window at the horse. "Called him Ghost because I reckon they're still around. Not just for his colour."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 am

Luna stood and made her way over to gently hug the man at his words. "I'm so sorry Julain. I really am." She told him softly, "I may have not known you for long but I think they would be very proud of you Julian and they are always watching you. Ghost as well as all that live here."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 am

He gave her a quick grin. "Ah, I'm adjusted now. Was hard at first, of course. But I knew how to work the farm, it was just weird it being quiet." He lifted an eyebrow at her. "Surprised you didn't know. Usually the town gossips tell everyone who's a newcomer everyone else's stories." Indicating her tea, he sat down again. "Tea's there."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:21 am

Luna shrugged her shoulders at his gossip comment. "They may have but I don't listen to gossip. If someone wants me to know something I'm sure they will tell me themselves everything else is ignored." She replied picking up her tea and sitting back down. "Gossip is normally fully of rubbish and untrue facts. Not worth filling my head with it." She stirred her sugar in and took a sip.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 am

He gave a snort. "You'll have to get used to it here. It's the only way you'll get to know people and what's happening in many cases. Unless you want to keep sticking out as a city girl, you'll have to listen to the gossip." He leaned back with a sigh, looking up at the roof a moment. "It's mostly harmless, and them gossiping about my parents doesn't bother me now. Used to, but I was nineteen then."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 am

Luna tilted her head in acknowledgment of his words. "Looks like I will have to come over and pick your brains for the truth in it then. I can't stand gossiping females." She said screwing her nose up at the thought. She sipped her drink as she studied the man across from her from under her lashes to try and not get caught. "That's not much younger than me. I can't imagine what that would have been like." She told him softly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:33 am

He laughed. "Not just the womenfolk, sweetheart. But you're welcome any time." Catching her curious stare, he gave her a wink, a cheeky grin on his face. "Aye, twas hard. It helped when I got the foster kids, though. Gave me something else to focus on, and filled the house up a bit more. Ghost was the biggest help. He got me through that first year."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:11 am

Luna blushed deeply as she was caught staring and she offered him a shy smile in return of his cheeky one. "I bet they come to love it out here where there is room to run and less things to get into trouble with." She said softly, "Trying to get close to him would have been a task and a half. But dwelling on things never does any good either." A flicker of sadness flirted through her eyes for a second as she thought of her grandparents before it disappeared as she meet his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 am

Her words made him chuckle again. "Not many appreciate it at first. I take the trouble kids," he explained, taking a mouthful of tea. "Usually they're prone to breaking the law, stealing, that sort of thing. What seems to work is me telling them they can do what they want here, as long as they follow my three rules. Teaching them to take of the animals helps as well. Haven't had a kid not want to leave yet. Many of them call this home, and often come visit."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:21 am

Luna chuckled softly at his explanation of his kids. "I'm sure they turned out just fine by the time you were done with them." She countered, "No more law breaking once their attention was turned to a real art." She sipped her tea contently. "I always admire those who take those kids in. It's not their fault they have been given a bad hand in life to start with."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 am

"It can be hard," he admitted. "Some of them just don't want to talk, or they've been abused badly and are scared shitless. I simply try to coax them out of their shell. Letting them do what they want is the best thing for most of them. Most of the time it tends to be some form of art or activity, a few adore the horses." Many of the drawings on his walls had been done by his foster kids." He gave another embarrassed shrug. "Nothing really to be admired about. It's hard work, trying not to lose your temper. The boys especially are skilled at pushing buttons."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: