The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:30 am

Luna shook her head at his response to admiration. "That's exactly why I do. You are willing to be there for those kids no matter what and you give them what they need to find confidence and joy again in their life. It takes a very special person to do it Julian and to have them coming home still shows just how well you did." She told him passionately.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:35 am

He shrugged again, unsure what to say to that. He didn't foster the kids to make people admire him. He fostered them to keep the youngsters out of trouble, and safe from whoever was hurting them. "I do my best by them," he finally said softly. "They deserve nothing less after what they've already gone through, poor things." Finishing his tea, he began to tidy the kitchen, happy to let her stay as long as she wanted. She was good company, and it was nice to be chatting with her. "Enough of me, what about yourself? Your mare was a gift, right?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:54 am

"That's so much more then some do it for." She replied as he moved to the kitchen. Her lips tilted up in a sad smile at his question about Nyx. "She was yes. My grandparents brought her for me when she was just a yearling. I trained her with the help of a professional trainer who would give me tasks in which to do each day and it built our bond to what it is. She was the greatest gift I was ever given." She told him looking out the window with a fareaway look in her eyes. "They were so proud of us when we last saw them alive. We had just won our class at the national level in dressage."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 am

Putting the brownies in the cupboard, he paused and glanced over at her. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said quietly. "You must have been close to them. I'm sure they're still proud of you." With the kitchen tidy again, he sat back down. "She's a good looking mare, they must have known what they were talking about when they got her. You've done well to keep her handled. Usually Arabs get very flighty."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Luna gave him a soft smile and shrugged slightly. "Its ok Im just glad they got to see us." she responded. She finished her tea and rinsed it out as he cleaned. She sat down not long before he did and chuckled at his description of Arabs. "She can still be flighty as you saw. I work her daily even if its just a light lunge to burn some of her energy."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Julian shrugged. "Ghost is the same. I'd say a light lunge isn't going to work as well any more. The grasses are full of sugar, she'll be a lot more flighty now. Either work her, or put her in a paddock with higher fences." It was simple advice, not meant to be taken as anything else.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Luna nodded at his advice and didn't take any offence from it. "You would know better than me." she told him, "Shes not normally a jumper which was I wasn't worried before. Might be time to raise the fence facing the drive way the others just go out into other paddocks so it wouldn't be as bad if she jumped them."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 pm

He lifted an eyebrow at her. "And then if she jumps those fence?" he pointed out. "Simpler, and cheaper, to raise the fences of one paddock and keep her in that. It's a waste otherwise." Stretching, he grabbed his hat, and pulled his boots on again. "Well, got some bits and pieces to get back to work wise. "I'll be seeing you around, sheila."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Luna tilted her head at his words considering them as she watched him stand. She stood and gave him a soft smile. "Thank you for the cuppa Julian and the advice." she told him as they headed out the door, "I will see you around." She left then with a wave and headed home to look at raising the fences around the barns paddock.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:26 pm

He sent her on her way with a quick grin, and tidied up the cups and kettle, and headed out to deal with the dogs that he still had to train. Humming to himself, he worked with the young pups, getting them used to being around sheep, and the movements of the herbivores.

It was a few weekends after that when he was asked to give an impromptu talk at a local show. Easily loading Ned and Ghost into the float, he headed off, not bothered by the couple of hours drive to get the where the show was. It had been a while since he'd done a talk on how he trained his horses, and he was looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Luna had heard of the show and it had a dressage section in it so she had entered in the top class with Nyx. She had put a lot of work into learning the routine as well as making on for the free-style comp they were in as well. They had arrived not long before Julian and she was pulling the mares travel gear off when she spotted him. "Hey Julian." she called with a wave.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Acknowledging her with a lift of his chin, Julian concentrated on getting Ghost out and in the makeshift paddock with Ned before he kicked down the float. With the two horses finally settled, and Ghost showing off eagerly to any passers-by, Julian wandered over to where Luna was, his hands in his pockets. "Fancy seeing you here. Found the dressage, did you?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Luna was running a cloth over Nyx when Julian came over and she flashed him a grin at his words. "I did indeed. We are in free-style and Advanced dressage. Its the highest they have so I hoping for some good competition. What are you here for?" She replied as she finished with the cloth and picked up the hoof oil. She was one of the first hitting the ring with advanced dressage and had to be in the ring in just over an hour.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 pm

He pushed his hat back, running his eyes over the mare as he offered his hand for her to sniff. "Kinda last minute ask to do a talk. Apparently there are a number of people asking for me to do a talk on my training techniques, so here I am."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Luna glanced up at him as he spoke and she hummed softly. "When are you giving that?" she asked hoping it wasn't when she was in the ring. She wanted to listen to him give his talk because he was so full of knowledge on training and she loved learning new things to try.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 pm

He gave a small shrug, letting his hand drop. "A couple of hours, I guess. Got a while, in any case. They'll let me know soon." Taking his hat off and gripping it in his teeth for a moment, he redid his ponytail, getting irritated at the stray wisps of hair falling about his face. Tugging the hat back on, he tilted his head, watching her. "You're on in an hour or so, right? They do the same schedule every year. Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Luna nodded as she stood closing the lid on the oil. "Let me know when you find out? I would love to be able to listen to your talk." She told him with a smile. She nodded when he asked if she was on in an hour and let out a soft breath. "Thanks. Do you watch any of them?" She asked as she stepped into her trailer and grabbed her tack from her trunk.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:40 pm

He shrugged a shoulder. "It'll be announced, it usually is. Just keep listening out for something." Following her to lean on the trailer, he shook his head. "Not really. Doesn't interest me too much, I like the more faced paced dangerous sort of games." He flashed her a quick grin. "Like polo, that sort of thing. Much more fun if you ask me."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 am

Luna hummed at his words as she pulled out her tack and set it on the stand she had set up. "Is that why you do cutting and camp drafting?" she asked him as she smoothed the saddle pad down over her mares back. It was blood red matching her show brown band and she gently placed her dressage saddle over it after removing its cover.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 am

He nodded. "Yeah, and cross country jumping. Occasionally a bit of show jumping, but not much. I tend to use that just for training for the cross country. My horses are more rough country goers, not the flat work stuff." Quite content leaning comfortably on the trailer, he began chewing on a piece of straw, watching her. "How's the pup you found going? Find a home for him yet?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Luna buckled her saddle on as Julian spoke and she was a bit suprised when he said that he occasionally did show jumping but she could understand how it would be training. "I never would have thought to pitcure you in a show jump ring." She told him honestly, "I can see the value of using it for training though." She grabbed her bridle flipping the reins over Nyxs neck as she pulled her halter off before sliding the bit into her mouth with ease. "I did yes. A guy named Jackson picked him up yesterday. He was a handful by that point but I must admit the house got a lot quieter with out him there." She said buckling everything up. She clipped the lead rope on the bridle while she picked up everything she didnt need at that time to put away. "If one wanted to start getting into working dogs what breed would you suggest to start with?" She asked suddenly after putting her stuff away as she closed the trailer up.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Contentedly chewing on the piece of straw, Julian snorted with amusement at her astonishment. "I'm not just a jackaroo, kiddo. I learned how to do the english sports as well." Now that she mentioned it, maybe it was time to enter a showjumping competition, see if he was still up to scratch with his skills. It wouldn't do to lose them, after all. Musing on that, he nearly missed her next comments, but managed to nod in time to her answer about the pup. "Good, good. He'll do well with the little thing. Working dogs? What would you use them for? Seems to me you've got enough workers to round up your cattle, there's no other need for work dogs if that's the case."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Luna shrugged a shoulder slightly looking at the ground. "I do but I thought it would be a good way to get more used to the workings of a farm if I was going out sometimes and doing that sort of thing as well. But I don't want a lot of people with me either. I like the quiet and one of my favourite times is when Mark and I go out and check the fields and fences along with the cattle still here but sometimes we need to take some in if they are injured. That tends to mean sending guys out once Im back as Mark stays with them to make sure they don't wonder to far." she told him softly, "I feel kind of useless in those situations." She leaned on the trailer brushing a stray strand of hair from her face as she looked over at Julian.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:13 pm

He shrugged a shoulder. “I get that,” he said, keeping an eye on the time. It wouldn't do for her to be late for her routine, after all. “Chances are you'll just get in the way though. Jackaroos have their own way of doing this, we don't tend to enjoy a change to our routine.” Offering her a quick grin, he rubbed the mare's nose lightly. “Bit like horses, I suppose. We like things staying the same. If you do just want a wander though, I'm sure I can make time for you, depending on when you come along.” Hearing the announcement over the loudspeakers, he straightened from where he was leaning against her trailer. “Good luck, kiddo. I'm sure you'll do fine.”
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Luna nodded at Julians words accepting them as she pushed away from the trailer to double check Nyxs girth as it grew closer to her time. She had already given the mare a bit of a warm up bare backed when she had gotten there so when she heard the announcement giving her the heads up she was on in two riders she knew she wouldn't have to do to much with the Arabian mare. "Thank you Julian." she said with a smile as she grabbed her hat. She unclipped Nyx and flipped her reins over the ebony mares head. The blonde swung aboard with ease and with a wave headed off at a trot to do a few laps in the warm up area before she went on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: