The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 6:37 pm

He didn't move from his spot, watching as she handled the apparently untrained and unhandled stallion. He was too calm to be an unhandled six year old, but that didn't mean he shouldn't have been gelded. Giving a sigh, he put his cup on the table that was on the vernadah, and came down the stairs, studying the horse. "Untrained and unhandled, yet he floats and is easily haltered. Sounds like you've been conned, youngster." He swept his critical eye over the roan horse, ignoring what he looked like in favour for finding any conformation issues. "He won't do for barrels. Barbs don't have the speed or agility for it. They're better for endurance riding. You've wasted your money on him." Circling the horse, his sharp gaze picked out the faults, pointing them out to the girl. "Hooves are bad, looks like he's slightly pigeon-toed in the front. Pasterns are rather straight, he won't turn fast enough to do barrels. Cow hocks, too." He stepped back, gauging the height of the horse. "Too tall for a barb, willing to bet he's not purebred no matter what his papers say. My advice would be to geld him. Too many faults to be worth breeding. He'll pass them down to the foals, and there's enough unwanted horses nowadays."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Luna shrugged when he said that Major was no good for barrels because she had been expecting that even when she had brought the stallion. "Was expecting you to say that." She said softly running her hand over the roan flank. When he pointed out the other faults on the new horse she nodded slowly and when he mentioned gelding him she shook her head. "I won't geld him but he sure has hell won't be gettin near a mare. The main thing that worries me now is this." She told him. Pulling out her phone she pulled up a video of the stallion attacking the fence in the moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 6:56 pm

He lifted an eyebrow at her. "Well it's obvious that he's not an unhandled boy. He's far too calm around humans for a start, let alone happy with a halter and being in a float." An angry call sounded through the air, and he sighed. Ghost had seen the newcomer, and was making it clear this was his turf. "If you're not going to let him near mares, then there's no point in keeping him a stallion," he informed her. "They're harder to handle, and cause much more trouble. As you can see in the video. He can smell mares, that's what he's trying to get at."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Luna sighed leaning into the horses side. "I hate geldin it causes them so much pain." She whispered softly but she also knew he was right, "And if he is unbacked?" Her voice raised up a little as she asked her question. Her stallion was pawing at the ground as he shuffled in place at the scream from the other stallion nearby.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 pm

He snorted. "Now you're being silly. It doesn't cause them much pain at all. It'll be safer for everyone involved if you geld him. Otherwise, find another trainer. I have two stallions of my own - it's too dangerous to bring him in and work with him, and I don't have the time to be travelling to yours every day." He pushed his hat back, studying her. "You mean if he stays unbacked? That's your decision. Right now, I'm willing to bet he's been taught groundwork, and they were just lazy in backing him."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 pm

[center]Luna nodded slowly but she had seen a bad gelding happen and it had killed the horse that it had been performed on. He, if back able, would still be of use riding out on the farm and wouldn't go to waste or sold to the knackery. "I worry though. I've seen a stallion die from gelding and it was painful to the poor buy til the end." She explained, "I know it needs to happen though. How do we know if the stories of him bein backed aren't true though? I know they have clearly lied about the rest of him and I'm gonna have to go find another stallion for what I want but if he's rideable I can use him around the cattle." /center]
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 8:00 pm

"Then the person who did it wasn't a trained vet, and that shouldn't have happened," he told her bluntly. She was so naive, it was almost funny. The horse was far too calm around Ghost to be a stallion, and he studied the horse again. "Are you sure he's even a stallion? With Ghost carrying on the way he is, this one should be far more worked up than he is." It was lucky Ghost respected the electric fences, otherwise they'd have a bit more trouble on their hands. "There's only one way to find out if he's been backed before or not, and that's to try it." A thought occurred to him, and he gave her a thoughtful glance. "He could be a rig, which would explain why they sold him on. Can't geld him in a paddock if he is."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 8:20 pm

"They were unfortunately. That was the second stallion they killed before their license was revoked, not before killin another one." She told him. When he asked if he was even a stallion she frowned and looked at the Romans rump. "It's possible." She replied before stepping away from his side and crouching down. "I think you might be right there." She said frowning at what she could see.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:05 pm

He shook his head at her movement, nudging her away. "First rule of stallions, young lady. If you don't know them, don't crouch. He can kill you easily. Now, am I right about him being a gelding, or him being a rig? Either way, you're going to need to remove him before Ghost forgets about the fences." He frowned at her slightly. "I'm highly inclined to think you've been conned good, city girl. From his calm behaviour, I want to say they've sold you a gelding and told you it was a stallion."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Luna shook her head when he spoke as if Major was a gelding. "No I mean your right hes a rig and why do you think I moved back from him? I like my head on my shoulders." she replied standing back up and running a hand through her blonde hair. "Mother fuckers." She swore as she untied the horse to loading him back up not wanting to have a stallion fighting near her. Her grey eyes flashed angrily as she calmly re-loaded her new horse and tied him off. "Thanks for lookin at him Julian. Hes the first horse I brought on my own as Nyx was brought as a gift from my grandparents when I reached the stage of bein good enough at ridin for my own horse." she explained locking the ramp into place.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:17 pm

He snorted, inclining her head at her. "Next time, ask more questions, and keep to what you're looking for. Impulse buys only work out when you know what you're doing." He tugged his hat down further, shading his eyes. "And if you're around next time, leave the mare at home. Can't guarantee next time that Ghost or Spots will be as well behaved." Glancing at the sun, he gauged the time, then sighed. "Still wanting me to train the bugger? Make sure he's gelded, and then come back. We can talk more then."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Luna blushed deeply when he told her to make sure that she asked more questions next time and her grey eyes suddenly found the ground every interesting. "Ill make sure I do that." she said softly to both the questions and leaving Nyx at home next time she came round. When he told her he would train Major for her she flashed him a thankful smile and knew that she would be booking him in as soon as she got home and had him in the yard. He may have been an impulse buy but he had been a fraction of the cost that she had been willing to pay for a barrel racer and would still be good use on the farm. It would mean she could focus her attention back to train Nyx up for dressage. "Thanks Julian. Do you want me to call next time or just turn up?" she asked tilting her head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 pm

He waved a hand, already thinking about the rest of his plans for the day. He now had to calm Ghost down before he could do anything else, and that would take him a good while. "Don't bother ringing, I ignore the damn thing." He pointed at her. "Still need to know his temperament before I agree to anything, young lady. Just remember that." With that, he nodded goodbye to her, and went to Ghost's paddock to calm the stallion. With that done, finally, he saddled Ned and released a couple of the dogs, and at last was able to go check the top paddock's fencing.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Luna nodded when he told her not to bother ringing before she came and she watched as he left heading for the raging grey stallion. Jumping into the truck she left swiftly and soon was unloading the male into the round yard. After checking he had hay and water she slipped inside and booked him in for gelding and would have to take him into the clinic the next day as they had an opening to do him swiftly. With that done and nothing else planned for the day she gave into the overwhelming embarrassment she felt from the talking down she got from Julian. It was just her luck that she would do something like this and then fuck up in front of a hot guy.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Pushing the girl out of his mind, Julian got back to work, easily fixing the partly broken fence before returning as the sun set. It had taken far longer than he'd liked, but at least it was done. Bringing Ned to a halt outside the gold mare's yard, he watched her for a while, glad that she seemed to be getting used to her new home. He'd do some more work with her tomorrow, since hopefully he would be uninterrupted by anyone else looking for a trainer for their horse. Taking care of Ned, he turned the gelding loose with Ghost like usual and then fed the rest of the horses, testing the dun mare to see how close she'd let him. It wasn't any closer than before, but at least she wasn't pinning her ears back, which was a step in the right direction. Leaving her to her feed, the stockman whistled happily as he headed in the house for a quick meal, then to bed.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:02 am

The next days flew past as Major was gelded and then healed up nicely calming Luna's worries that it might be his death. With clearance from the vet she loaded him into the float and drove over to Julian's early the next day after completing the morning chores. Pulling up she took a few deep breaths as she forced down the rising embarrassment and nervousness. Hoping that this time Julian wouldn't ridicule her she jumped out and looked around for the man in question.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:14 am

The few days had seen the mare finally begin to realise that he wasn't going to hurt her, and she was finally allowing him to touch her. Granted it was just on the shoulder and back, but they were huge steps. He was working on brushing her gently when he heard the truck arrive, but ignored it. The mare was jumpy now with the new thing around, and he moved the brush away, returning to what she was more than comfortable with. "Easy girl, you're okay. Just a truck." he spoke softly to her, hoping to calm her down, and once she was, he rubbed her shoulder gently, rewarding her. "Thatta girl. Easy now." leaving her to it, he let himself out of the yard and watched the truck, wondering how the experience with the city girl would go this time.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:21 am

Luna spotted him coming out of the golden mares pen with a brush and she mentally kicked herself for coming around when he was clearly working with her. Walking over slowly she fought to stop her light blush darken as she got closer. "Hi. Sorry to come when you are working with your mare." she said softly coming to a halt before him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 am

He tossed the brush into the bucket at the gate, dusting his hands off. "I just finished with her, no worries. Got yourself a gelding now, do ya? Let's have a looksee at his gaits and temperament then." Hopefully this time, they'd get further, and he could actually see what the issues with the horse were.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 am

Luna nodded relieved that he was finished or at least he was saying he was anyway. "The vet was able to fit him in the next day after we last spoke. He got cleared yesterday." she told him walking over to her truck and unlocking the ramp and lowering it. Jumping inside she untied the new gelding and walked him out into the sun. "Where do you want him?" she asked stopping in front of the man.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:41 am

"Good to hear." The man's gaze was critical as he watched the horse, and he began to chew on a piece of straw as he studied him. "Nowhere for now. I want to see him moving. Could be that his gaits are why he disliked being backed. What did they tell you about him, anyway? Get him trotting for me."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:47 am

Luna nodded and started to walk away from him when he asked her what they had told her about Major. "They said he was a lightly handle stallion who they were trying to break in but every time someone went to back him he would just go mental sendin them to ER. However they could lunge him fully tacked with no issue." She said starting to circle him. With a soft clicking of her tongue and speeding up to a jog she got the gelding into a smooth trot.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:50 am

"Hm." He chewed on the end of the piece of straw, watching carefully. "Did the vet happen to give him a once over, see if there were any other issues? And do you have any tack that fits him? Otherwise I won't be any good if he's been taught groundwork." He didn't have anything that would fit the horse, nor was he inclined to get any. it wasn't his horse, so he wasn't going to provide the gears. All he would provide was his knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 12:58 am

Luna nodded when he asked if the vet checked to see if there had been any other issues. "Nothing that was picked up and the blacksmith put shoes on him while he was restin. I brought a stock saddle and bridle for him after gettin him fitted. Its in the tack room of the truck." she replied swiftly as she slowed back to a walk.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 1:13 am

He lifted an eyebrow. "Stock saddle huh. Interesting choice. Do you know what they were using to back him before?" He finally moved over to the gelding, taking the lead rope and making the horse lower his head. "They didn't give any indication of why they thought he was acting up when he was being backed?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: