The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a Matter of Magic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 12:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Faolan is a 900 year old witch who's been quite happy to wander Ireland and the world for a while. Having found a trace of strange magic in a pub, he's working on finding the witch to make sure that they're not untrained, and therefore dangerous.

Saoirse is a young selkie-witch with no real knowledge of her witch heritage. Having sold her home after her father died, she's just roaming the country busking for money, unaware that she's leaving a breadcrumb trail of magic that Faolan can follow.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:32 am

Closing his fingers around her hand tightly, he looked at her worriedly, unsure what she meant. Hesitating, he picked his words carefully, knowing that something he said was going to hurt her, but trying to work out what it would be before he said it so he could lessen the blow. Not bothered by her leaning on him, he rested his head on her for a moment before she moved, finally working out what he wanted to say. “I… I don’t know,” he whispered, tightening his hold on her hand. He was scared, this wasn’t right. He should feel something about the sea, but it was just water. Washing over his feet and ebbing out again. Nothing more, and he didn’t understand. It was like he’d lost a vital part of him. “I don’t feel anything. It’s just water.” Scared, he inched closer to her, wanting comfort. She knew him, she had to know what was wrong, and why he was missing so many things. “It’s not right,” he murmured, desperately searching his memories to work out why. “I don’t know why.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Listening as he spoke, Rose stared up at him grimly anger burning in her heart for what ice had done to her selkie, she didn't protest the tightening hold on her hand nor did she move away when he inched closer. Turning him so he was facing her she hugged him tightly as if some how the hug could fix everything that was wrong with him and the world. "Selkies are supposed to feel the call of the sea, when they're in the water its like they're home" a thought entered the redheads mind, she currently felt the sea's call, and so rather hesitantly she reached out to his mind and let what she was feeling at that moment wash through him focusing mainly on how the sea felt like it had a cord wrapped about her constantly tugging at her to go back to the water and vanish into its depths. How warm and comforting the water felt around her, like this was her true home, what she felt was only a faint hint of what it was really like for a selkie. Slowly she drew her mind back from his having gone out of her way to not pry into the depths of his mind feeling too cowardly to see what was there and what had been done to him beneath the surface
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Hugging her close, he rested his head on top of hers, shutting his eyes. He was scared, he didn’t understand what was going on, or why part of him felt like it was missing. He just knew that she had to stay, she was his anchor to everything. Stiffing a little when something touched his mind, wary of being hurt more, he relaxed when he worked out it was her, letting her show him what she wanted. He shivered at the feel, something in him recognising that it was what he was supposed to feel, and he nuzzled into her. “I don’t feel it,” he whispered, his voice shaking. He hadn’t even tried to stop her from seeing what else was in his mind, but it seemed like she hadn’t wanted to know. “It’s missing.” He didn’t let go of her, unconsciously tightening his hug around her. “Don’t leave me,” he murmured, unknowing that the words slipped out of him. She had to stay, she was his anchor, and she made all the black thoughts stay away.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Her heart broke when he tightened his hug and softly begged for her not to leave him, looking up at him all she wanted to do was kiss him and tell him it would all be alright. However she settled for reaching up and touching her hand to the side of his face "Oh Angus, I'm not going anywhere, ever alright? You're stuck with me you silly man" being the fact that she was a fucking midget she reached up and pulled him down so he was within reach. Kissing his cheek firmly and ignoring the scruff there, she released him and took his hand again, she needed to get out of the water before it took her from him. Walking with him back to the bookshop she warred with herself before when they finally got inside she looked up at him "We were a couple, are, are a couple Angus. I love you, so god damned much. You rescued me, saved me, and i want nothing more than to spend every last day of my life with you" her words wavered slightly with the strength of what she felt, and naturally blaming that on fucking hormones she just tightened her hands on his "I know you dont remember that, don't remember us, but I do, I'll remember for us both until you remember as well" she sucked in a deep breath she didn't want to overwhelm him, and was fairly sure he could connect the dots about her pregnancy wlel enough on his own now so she kept quiet on that front
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Looking at her, he managed a small smile, holding on tightly to her hand as she tugged him away from the sea. He gave the water one last glance, still entirely unsure why he had no connection to it any more, then obediently stayed with her as they wandered back to the shop and flat. Not letting go of her hand, he watched her as she spoke, taking it in, and tightening his hold on her when she tightened her grip. What she said made sense, it fitted with the small pieces in his head, that she was his core, and the jumper he’d found covered in her hair. “I remember some,” he murmured. “She couldn’t get rid of it all. She tried, so hard.” He shivered, shutting his eyes as he was reminded of the pain. “Hurt so much. But it didn’t work.” His hands were hurting from how tight he was holding her, so he reluctantly let go, glancing down at the still healing marks in his palms. They were going to be such messy scars, the wounds were tears as well as holes, and they didn’t seem to be healing all that quickly. Still, he was free of the bronze, and he returned his attention to Rose. “She couldn’t make me forget you.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 am

So many emotions flooded onto her features at his words, relief, pain, anger, and love. She wanted to kiss him so much, but it wasn't right he didn't remember so she didn't, instead she pulled out the gloves that Saoirse had knitted for him and shoved them onto his hands "These will help them heal and keep you from making them worse" she informed him sharply it was easier to appear grumpy than it was to accept all of these feelings bouncing around in her head. Once he had them on she started the fire up again and pulled him close to her wanting some kind of contact with him, he remembered some, it was better than what she'd assumed "What do you remember then, Lucky charms?" tugging him with her so she could snuggle into him she did so wanting to comfort him and garner some kind of comfort in return. Getting pissed pretty quickly when the baby bump got in the way she grumbled to herself, at least his lack of memory meant he wouldn't understand the risks of what she was doing. Usually carriers of Cambions ended up murdered by angels, which meant by choosing to keep the life growing inside of her she'd painted a large x on her back.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Taking the gloves, he hesitated before sliding them on, unsure what she was thinking or feeling. Drifting to his puzzles while she tended to the fire, he fiddled with the pieces, managing to get a few more in the truth puzzle before she tugged him to her. Nestling with her, he resting his head on her shoulder, watching the fire. The nickname triggered a few memories, and he half closed his eyes, waiting patiently for them to drift to the surface so he could see them. “Getting drunk with you,” he murmured, amusement colouring his voice. “A lot. Teaching bad songs to each other, also a lot.” Curling up close to her, he slid an arm around her waist to tug her closer to him, not wanting her to leave him. At least his hands weren’t hurting so much anymore, so hopefully they’d begin to heal a bit faster. “Hunting with you sometimes.” He didn’t like that he couldn’t remember anything about the creatures they’d apparently hunted, but that was okay. Surely those memories would come back soon. They had to come back.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Leaning her head against his when he rested his head on her shoulder and snuggled close, Rose quietly listened as he spoke of how he remembered them getting drunk together and teaching each other bad songs. The words creating a smile on her face, the addition of hunting made her feel somewhat grim, they'd hunted together alot not just sometimes, not minding when an arm snaked about he rwaist and tugged her close rose tightened her grip on him not wanting him to leave her. He had to stay with her, she didn't want to be left alone, she couldn't be left alone, when she was alone the demonic side of her started to grow restless wanting to be free and to wreak havoc. He was her anchor, he kept her grounded and incontrol of the darkness that always roiled in the back of her mind, wanting nothing more than to snuggle with her selkie, Rose didn't say anything opting for silence and cuddles infront of the warm fire.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Nestled close to her, Angus watched the fire for a while, drifting from memory to memory. It was safe here with her, and he closed his eyes. “You call me curly,” he murmured sleepily, the name coming to him out of the blue. Happy hugging her, the memories seemed to be coming with more certainty now that he knew what she was to him. He could trust her, and he was safe with her. “You hate your hair long. It goes curly.” nuzzling into her absently, he dropped off to sleep, holding on to her tightly so that she wouldn't leave him alone again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm

She listened to his murmuring without complaint, a slight smile forming as he remembered a couple of things, remaining awake as he nuzzled her and ended up falling asleep. Once he was out to the world she freed a hand to brush it through his thick curly hair contentedly, "I love you angus" the demon murmured unaware she'd even said the words "So damn much" she'd been lost without him when Ice had taken him and she was too scared to leave him alone incase she came back and he was gone again. her arm around him tightened and she nuzzled her face into his hair gritting her teeth. In the end against her will silent tears slid down her face, she didn't want to admit how scared she was, especially to him he had so much more to worry about than she did. He had memories he had to recover, but she was scared, scared of loosing him and scared of angels that thought her kind were a blemish against society as it was. With her arms firmly around him and trembling slightly, she managed to stay quiet enough that she didn't wake up, eventually ending up cried out and tired enough that she was unwillingly pulled back into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Curling up close to her, he stayed asleep for a while, sleeping better with her close by. Still, it wasn’t long before he was awake, bad dreams still plaguing him enough that he couldn’t sleep properly. Staying with her, he studied her sleeping for a while, very gently smoothing some stray hairs off her face. The dark thoughts were beginning to return, despite being close with her, and he wasn’t sure what to do about them. He’d been getting memories back at an alright pace, but he was scared they would soon stop coming. Sliding out of her grip, the selkie made sure that she was still asleep before wandering over to the puzzles on the table. Trying not to push the memories, he fitted a few more pieces into the very slowly growing truth puzzle. Soon not getting any more, he wandered over to the balcony windows and sat on the floor, studying the repair in his coat that she’d made. He ran his fingers lightly over the tear, feeling the fishing line that kept it together. It felt so wrong to have a rip in his coat, but there was nothing he could do now to fix it. Just hope that the fishing line didn’t break. It had hurt enough having the coat cut in half to start with.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 pm

It wasn't until the sun was far into the sky that morning when Rose finally awoke, suddenly awake with a jerk she glanced about almost worriedly until she spotted the selkie. Getting up onto her feet and stretching luxuriously she wandered into the kitchen to find something to eat, rummaging through the fridge hungrily she was occupied for a few moments before returning with muesli. Happily eating it with surprising speed she washed and put the bowl away she'd used, again she could feel the child growing in her tugging her towards the sea. Still she was fairly certain it was twins, after all her mothers side had hundreds of twins dating right back, wandering out and over to her selkie Rose studied him "YOu need to eat or i'll shove food down your throat myself Quinn" tart and sounding somewhat snarky she sounded like her usual self. She didn't want to talk about the fact that she was being pulled towards the sea, there wa snothing to say, except to get him to eat and look after himself because it was quite clear he wouldn't if she didn't bother him about it. Although what she really wanted to do was just be hugged by him tight like everything would be okay, she was also scared, for herself and for her unborn kids. Angels, they'd be searching for her to kill her and her kids; she was an abomination and her children would be even more so, it was unlikely in her mind that they'd let her live as there was a chance she'd produce more campions with gus. She wouldn't talk about it, she couldn't the demon feared by talking about it too much it'd draw the angels attention to her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:15 am

He tried to distract himself from his black thoughts by inspecting his coat, but it seemed to have had the opposite effect. Pulled away at last by her tart voice, he shook his head a little, trying to clear it before he worked out what she was saying. There was no point in hoping that his coat would be mended, it was going to be permanently torn. Running his fingers lightly over the seam, he drifted back into his thoughts. Nothing could save his coat, just like nothing would be able to save all his memories. What was the point in trying anymore? It just hurt Rose, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Perhaps it was just better all around if he gave up completely. Then she could get on with her life without having to worry about him all the time. Eventually registering what she’d said, he flicked a glance at her, not really hungry. He studied her expression before speaking however, and finally nodded. She’d badger him relentlessly if he didn’t eat, and he wasn’t really up to that right now. Getting to his feet, he slipped his coat on again and meandered into the kitchen, poking about for something small to eat. He wasn’t hungry at all, but he’d try to get something down for her so that she’d stop worrying so much.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Pleased when he nodded she followed him and shoved two pieces of toast into his hands "eat." Her features were hard and determined, outwardly not about to let him give up and feel sorry for himself. Out of the pair of them she was in the worse off situation, watching someone she loved have little idea of who she was it was like being abandoned again. Soon enough he'd tire of her badgering and leave, this was why she never should have let him in, she was such an idiot. If she'd remained thorny, had kept him out of her heart she wouldn't be in this situation, biting her tongue for once, she stalked out side, it was so much easier to be angry, the familiar warmth of her anger keeping her from breaking down. Sitting down and staring at the targets that she'd set up long ago, she settled herself as best she could aiming and pulling the trigger again and again. It hurt less to empty her mind and focus on the targets, she felt less alone, less terrified, was it so bad to wish that she'd died that night along with her brother and parents? She wasn't used to all of these emotions, wasn't used to the emotional pain, physical pain was nothing to her anymore, and yet this emotional stress caused her jaw to ache from gritting it so and a hollow place in her chest cramp painfully.

The thorny part of herself demanded she stalk back up to him, grab him by the lapel of his coat and make him promise not to give up or leave her, whereas the demonish side whispered to tell him to go now, would it hurt less to reject him and send him away? It took only a moment to decide that it would, what was she without him? For so long she'd been proud of herself for not needing anyone, she'd survived hell and escaped on her own, although she loved Angus she could take care of herself and live without him. Somehow, somewhere that'd changed, she needed him, needed his smile, his cheekiness, his hugs, memories fleeting, both sour and sweet broke through the mental calm she'd achieved by shooting. The weapon fell from her grasp to land on the ground with a soft thud, drawing her knees up to her chest and hugging them, both hating the thought of him finding her so pathetic like this and wanting him to find her so he could hug her and make it feel like it'd be okay. But it wouldn't. She'd never have all of him back, all of the little things she loved about him kept springing into her mind, leaving her wondering if he'd ever do those quirks again, he kept the demon under control allowing her to be as herself as she could be, purposely tickle her with his scruff, get absorbed in his books for days or persuade her to go swimming in the cold sea with him while announcing it was warm. Rose couldn't help but wonder if this was how he'd felt when she'd escaped hell as a demon, a twisted cruel thing with very little of herself left, managing to get a hold of herself she firmly decided something. He hadn't given up on her then, she wouldn't give up on her now, unaware that her eyes were red and cheeks were wet, her gaze flicked up to the horizon where the sky met the sea and glowered at it. She couldn't give up.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

A very soft sigh left the selkie, but he ate, still lost in his thoughts. Watching her leave, he tried to figure out more memories, concentrating more on her this time. She was so central to everything, so much a part of him. Even everything that had been done to him hadn’t gotten rid of her completely. Now that he knew the feel of the true and false memories, he was able to sift through a few more, remembering a few dim nights of being curled in front of the fire with her. It wasn’t long before the dark thought began to creep back in, and he hugged his coat to him, trying to drive them away. He didn’t like being alone, where was she? Was she gone for good this time? Restless without her, he went in search for Rose, needing her. She’d said they were a couple, and he knew that somewhere, it had to be true. She wouldn’t lie to him, not like he was beginning to realise Ice had.
Ignoring the books that he wanted to pore through, feeling like they had to all be his, he searched for her, finally finding her outside. Pausing in the doorway, he watched her for a while, hesitating with what he should do. Something was telling him to go to her, comfort her, but he barely remembered doing it. It was eventually the instinct of knowing her that forced him forward, and he sat down beside her, not questioning it. He’d have to talk to her sometime, and maybe now was better than any other. Unsure how to start, he put an arm around her shoulders and hugged her close, trusting her. Watching the sea, he felt somewhat hollow, like more than just his memories were missing, but he had no idea how to fix that. Rose had shown him what he was supposed to feel, but he didn’t. It was just gone. Deciding that that would be a later problem, he rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes, feeling much safer and grounded with her around. He didn’t want to be alone, she kept the dark black thoughts at bay.

Faolan had been checking on his plants all morning, tending to the rarer ones with careful attention to detail, and letting his student sleep in. She’d been going well recently being in his home, and he was hoping that she was healing alright from what had happened. Deciding that it was time to see if she was awake and wanted anything to eat, he moved inside, in much more comfortable clothes than his travelling ones. The huge tree that made up the centre of his home was greeted quietly, and he gave a slight smile at the rustling in response. Leaving her asleep, the witch wandered into his library to find a few books he’d been thinking of introducing to her. It was time she learned more than just instinctive magic, and he was hoping that it would help distract and heal her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm

So lost in her thoughts and her stubborn glowering out at the sea that so temptingly called to her, she'd been unaware of him watching her, glancing at him in surprise when he came and sat by her she kept an eye on him out of the corner of her eye unsure of what it was he wanted. The warm arm around her shoulders caused her tears to stain her cheeks again, leaning into the one armed hug she wrapped an arm about his waist and murmured "Whatever you do, don't leave me Angus. Please" her next words were something she'd never really said to him before "I need you, so much. Don't abandon me like the others" her voice was somewhat muffled which she hoped hid the tremor of her voice and wrapped her other arm around him so he could'nt get up and leave her behind. The months with him gone had been so hard, the chaotic twisted part of her soul that'd endured the torture and in the end had become the torturer had been egging her to maim, hurt, sow discord and murder the innocent. "Love you" the muffled words finally slipped out of her mouth.

Fast asleep with her long ginger hair spread out like a mane, Saoirse slept without dreams spread out in the bed and with a peaceful look on her face. Such peace in sleep only came with the help of the potion that a friend of Faolans had put together for her, it'd been some weeks since they'd come here now and she was slowly starting to peek out of her shell again, although it was only around him she did so. Her mentor was the only one she trusted a hundred percent, although she was quickly learning that his mother who'd started to teach her flute and other non-stringed instruments was safe too. Finally waking up and stretching, the red head pulled off her pyjamas and shrugged into the simple dress she'd worn the day before. Her hair was pushed back out over her shoulders, and one of the small neatly done braids tucked behind one ear, picking up the book she'd fallen asleep reading the girl wandered out searching for her mentor, Faolan likely had something he wanted to teach her. Her learning was expanding everywhere and she enjoyed it, it made her feel safe knowing there were more things she could do and learn not only to protect herself and to survive but to thrive as well
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Burying his face into her shoulder, he couldn’t control his trembling, tightening his hug around her shoulders. He wanted to do anything but leave her, he had to stay, but it was so hard. It sometimes felt like he was downing in the dark and the black and he needed her to stay afloat. “I don’t want to,” he finally whispered, knowing that he needed to tell her, but not really knowing how. “It hurts, being alone. So dark.” His courage deserted him for a while, and he shut his eyes tightly again, focusing on her being with him. He was safe here, it was going to be okay to spill what was plaguing him. “Too dark. I… I can’t stop them, Rose. They don’t stop…” His voice trailed off and he shook his head a little. He didn’t know what else to say, how else to explain it. “I want to stay. So, so much. I just… I don’t know how to stop them.” He was so lost, he’d been going okay til now, but it was all too much for him right now.

Hearing the tree give a quiet greeting to the girl, Faolan finally found the books he was wanting and wandered out to meet her. “Good morning. Find something to eat, then come out the back. We’re working with the stream today.” Not giving her a chance to complain or protest, he headed out to the small stream than ran down beside his garden, setting the books on a rock. She was fairly fluent with her reading now, enough that he was confident she could tackle the simple spellbook that he’d brought out. The other book was an empty notebook that was for her, so she could start her own notebook of spells that she liked or made up. Waiting for her, he tended to his plants quite happily, pleased with how they were going. The spring festival was only a couple of days away, but he hadn’t broached that with his student yet. Perhaps that would happen today as well, depending on how she went.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Not protesting when he buried his face into her shoulder, one of her hands brushed through his thick curly hair trying to calm his trembling. Listening to his words she ached, he was just like her when she'd escaped, except with less hate he was lost like she had been. Holding him tightly her own issues and thoughts that had been causing her grief were shelved, no longer important while Angus needed her. Her arms tightened when he spoke again, piecing together what he meant she pressed a kiss to his head "Sshh, It's Okay Angus. I wont give up on you, You saved me from the dark once and now i'll do the same for you. You don't have to be alone, I'll stay with you, always stay with you" cuddling him close to her having forgotten abotu everything that'd plagued her she nuzzled into his hair. "Not alone" she promised softly, dark thoughts were something she was used to having herself, they always whispered in the back of he rhead a side effect of being a demon. It hurt beyond imagination at the thought that cheeky, smart, funny Angus was now suffering from those too.

Greeting him happily enough, Saoirse didn't argue, if anything she was looking forward to whatelse there was to learn, making marmalade on toast she soon appeared out of the house and trotted down to the stream. Spending most of her time barefoot she instantly dipped her toes into the water and beamed for a moment appearing as if she'd never met ice, standing int he stream the young witch turned about and waited for whatever it was he wanted to teach her today. Having woken up feeling good for the first time in a while, the happy glint was back in her gaze and her smile revealed the dimples that had been hidden for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm

He didn’t know how to stop them, how to make them go away. Curling into her hold, he refused to move his head, wanting to just hide away from the world. It felt like it was all falling apart again, that all their work on his puzzles had gone to waste. “It wants me to give up,” he finally forced out, and tightened his hug around her, slipping his other arm around her too. “Don’t want to leave you, not again. But they’re so strong… Scared.” He was terrified, that one night he’d lose the battle and not come back to her, scared that she’d eventually give up on him despite her words. “Missing so many things.” He just wanted to be okay, be whole again, but he didn’t know where to go from here now.

Leaning against an old willow tree that bowed over the stream, Faolan was pleased to see the happy expression on face for once. Giving her some time to notice him, he emerged from the shade, indicating the note book on the rock. “That’s for you, little one. Time to start your own spellbook, now that you’ve got reading and writing down quite fine. Put whatever you want in there, lists, spells, notes. It’ll all for you and whatever you choose. The other is for you to study for now. They’re simple water spells, and are what let you manipulate it.” Patting a stray branch as it reached for him, he murmured a few lines of a spell and watched as a sphere of water rose out of the stream. “Witches rely on spells to cast the more complicated spells. Your music in time will likely become your spells, so that can also go in your book. That’s fine too. Read the first spell, and focus on your magic to direct it towards the water.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm

The pain grew at his words, "I know, I know. Ive felt that too. When I first emerged from hell I was a monster, you found my humanity and saved me from the darkness. But I had so many thoughts, about the things i'd done in hell, they told me i was better off dead so i couldn't hurt anyone anymore." she wasn't sure how much he remembered of that time, but she remembered it perfectly, keeping him close she screwed her eyes shut tight. "They'll come back to you, even if everything dosent come back you'll always have me, I wont give up and im not gonna let you give up either" it was an echo of something he'd told her when she'd been drowning in guilt and depression. She didn't want to keep turning the conversation back to her so she fell silent, rocking a little aiming to soothe the upset man in her arms. She'd do anything for him, if it meant finding ice, and agreeing to work for her to get his memories back then she'd do it without a second thought, if it meant being confined to hell again she'd do it without regret, no matter what it took he would have his memories back. "We have to be patient, memories are fickle and don't return all at once, they take time. But we have plenty of that" pressing another kiss to his head she hugged Angus close. She couldn't loose him, she wouldn't let him give up.

Listening intently as he explained, she wandered out of the water and investigated it curiously, her own spellbook? Fun, setting it down again she picked up the spell book and sat down on the bank of the stream with her feet in the water still the wind lightly picking up tendrils of her hair and moving it lightly. Taking out her glasses, she slipped them onto her face and Still using one of her fingers to brush the page, began to read . Soaking up the information she read a few pages before returning to the first spell, quietly reading out the incantation she focused on her well of magic drawing it forth from behind its wall and watched as a tendril of water rose up for a few moments and then collapsed back into the main body of water again a shy smile decorating her features, it was a modest first go in her opinion but she'd managed to pull it off without exploding anything. Of course her magic was more gentle in nature, that went along with who she was, always finding it harder to destroy things rather than create them with magic.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 am

“I want to stay,” he repeated in a whisper, not trying to move away from her, Curling closer, and nestled into her hold and stayed there, searching his memories hesitantly. He was so wary of pushing them further out of reach. “Scared to sleep,” he admitted, settling down listening to the sea with her. He didn’t want to sleep, he wanted to keep listening to the waves. Being with her pushed the dark thoughts away, and he slowly calmed a little more, letting the memories drift to the surface so that she could tell him if they were true or not. “Used to swim in the winter,” he murmured suddenly, amused at the snippet. “You’d complain it was cold. I couldn’t feel it?” He wasn’t sure about the last bit, but he was hoping that it was right. It sounded like her, at least.

Watching silently, Faolan nodded in approval at her try. “Good for a first go. Try again, let your wall down. There’s no risk of you destroying much around here, remember.” Moving closer, he pointed to a few words. “Pronounce these more clearly, or you change the spell slightly. That’s why you got a ribbon and not a sphere.” He sounded them out for her, then spoke the whole spell and formed another sphere of clear water, a single leaf trapped in the centre of it. “You’ll get it with practice, it’s one of the easier spells.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 am

Listening as he admitted that he was scared to sleep Rose murmured "The witch knows someone who prescribes dreamless sleeping potions, i might be able to procure some for you" it was the only idea she had, she assumed he was scared because of Nightmares. "I'm scared to sleep too" his next words made her smile a little "Yeah, was always nice and warm for you, and fucking freezing for me" He'd remember it'd just take time, it wasn't like they were going to die from old age. Cuddling him close she sighed softly remembering other things they'd done, like the time she'd used his coat as a blanket when he'd given it to her to hold onto. Thousands of memories flooded her mind, many ones she'd thought she'd forgotten, "You'd wind me up and we'd get into a mock argument, You'd come hunting with me some times, when i was human we'd get drunk and sing badly on the way back home from the pub, you'd make me laugh and tickle me with your scruff after forgetting to shave because you got so into your books." she mused out loud, she missed his cheeky smile and infectious laugh, how was it that she'd never realized exactly how much she loved him until his memories had been taken away. Her affection for him burned like fire, as if every cell was set ablaze with feelings for him. It was only now that the demon realized that she wanted to marry the selkie, something she'd never thought possible, previously she'd been content with them being partners, now it felt like something that'd never come to pass. Her hold tightened and she dug her teeth into the inside of her mouth, she was a fool.

Brightening up at the praise, Saoirse quickly did as she was told, as always eager to learn, letting her wall down with slight wariness she reread the spell remembering how he'd said it. It made sense to her that mispronouncing words changed the spell but it meant anyone with a lisp would likely have some issues. Thankfully she didn't have one and reread the spell out loud, watching as a very small shaky sphere of water slowly lifted up from the stream. Her smile remained plastered on her face, as she watched the effects of the spell, only able to keep it going for a few moments the water soon splashed back into the stream against her best effots
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Giving a slight nod, and cuddled closer to her, accepting the offer of a potion to help him sleep. Listening quietly, a soft smile crossed his face as her words brought back more memories, enjoying the warm feeling they were giving him. “The books are all mine?” he murmured, hesitant to ask for some reason. There were so many books, he couldn’t work out which were which, or even why he had that many. “How many are there?” Looking up when her hold tightened, he tried to read her expression, wondering what was going through her mind. He shivered a little and tugged his coat closer around him, going back to watching the sea again. “It’s safe here.” The soft words escaped him without him realising, and he unconsciously relaxed into her hold, resting his head on her shoulder once more. It was all going to be okay, she’d help him remember and everything was going to be alright. He wouldn’t be alone again.

Pleased as she tried again, he pulled a third sphere out of the water, playing with the balls of water and sending them zooming around the garden. “Better. Try the next spell, it should do this.” Speaking it from memory, he caused waves to form in the stream, sending the water upstream instead of the way that it was supposed to flow. He was assuming that she’d ask any questions she might have, and he ignored the three spheres as they began to garner a mind of their own and water his plants rather helpfully. The elven magic around here often did strange things to his spells, and it was fascinating to try an work out what was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Listening as he asked about the books she snickered softly "Hundreds, they're all yours, you love to hoard information especially if its about creatures. Many hunters come to you for information, and plenty of normal people show up for help with their family trees, stuff like that. and yeah, its safe here" feeling him relax into her, a soft relieved sigh escaped her. Brushing her fingers through his thick hair she murmured "You'd often sing irish gaelic songs when doing things, mostly to yourself, although sometimes you'd pick songs just to annoy me. We'd snuggle in bed at night and argue over who has to get up to turn off the light, sometimes you'd give in first sometimes i would, other times bran would get sick of our squabbling and do it himself. Once we visited another seal colony and you discovered some selkies there, on road trips we'd take turns at driving sometimes i'd pick the music sometimes you did and we'd sing badly with the windows down. We camped on the road side, a small fire and sleeping snuggled together watching the stars, it was fun. Hunting with you was fun" the various memories swirled around in her head, he'd remember them eventually, he had to, there were no two ways about it. Hanging onto her determination as best she could, the demon continued to soothe her selkies thoughts, scarred hands brushing through curly hair.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Storing away everything that she was telling him, more pieces began to fall into place, and he closed his eyes. He had to let everything settle slowly into place. Other, he’d found that if he pushed them, they vanished again. It seemed that memories certainly were very fickle things. Soothed by the feel of her fingers through his hair, he was quiet for a long while, almost long enough to be considered asleep. But he wasn’t, he was scared of sleeping. The nightmares came when he slept, and the dark, black thoughts were so much stronger at night. Stirring, he nuzzled into her shoulder gently, finally a bit hungry. Unwilling to move, he resumed watching the sea for a while before eventually moving. “Hungry,” he murmured, taking her hand and twining his fingers with her. He didn’t want to be alone, even if it was just inside the book-filled flat above the bookstore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a Matter of Magic
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next