The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadowed colours

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Shadowed colours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shadowed colours - Page 2 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still, this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.

The man who had shadows experimented on him who goes by Logan is the one who runs the massive Island that Ice keeps her experiments on, one of these experiments it the blind girl Iris who lives in the newly rebuilt castle she grew up in. The young hatter Skye who had not settled yet ended up caught by ice and released on the island to be studied and learned from. Damien is Kellys as is Oliver who is very attached to the other shadow master. after he is freed by Lyra from Kelly's possession, Maria the girl who's been trained to be Ollie's toy is introduced to him
Logan x Skye
Albus x Iris
Damien x Lyra
Oliver x Maria
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 9:37 pm

Just nodding as he left, Skye spent the night keeping an eye on the baby. She’d ended up finding something that he could have to eat, and a box that she’d filled with blankets and covered over to give him a dark den to sleep in. With him asleep after another small meal, she was out in the back garden when she heard the knocking on the door and came through her small house to open it again, blinking at the somewhat strange sight that was greeting her. She hadn’t quite expected him to turn up with a goat under each arm and it threw her for a loop for a moment before she figured out what to say. “Hi again.” She offered a slight smile, it was almost a little endearing how unsure he was about the whole situation and how it came across in the spillage of words he gave her. “I have an area they can have, no pen yet but they can be tethered while I work something out for them.” She really didn’t want to impose on him if he had other things he had to be doing.

It wasn’t until she was about halfway through her cup of tea that he ended up picking up the one she’d made for him as well. Kindness was something he couldn’t remember dealing with in such a long time, he was having a bit of trouble adjusting to what she was offering and how best to respond. Deciding that it was still going to be easier to not believe that it would continue he watched her closely as she kept talking, eventually going quiet after stating that there was a spare bedroom he could use. Sipping the tea quietly for a while he tried to figure out what she’d need to know and what he could be bothered telling her about. “I don’t know what you know or don’t know to know what to tell you.” He just really wanted to escape being alive, not that he could. So the next best thing was being removed and aloof from the world and other people and keeping himself secluded in his mind as much as he could. It was easier to not think about things that way and just deal with what was going on right in this moment. After all there was no point in thinking about the future, he didn’t have one worth thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 5:11 pm

Okay her questions had obviously been too open-ended, glancing down at her empty cup she absently traced a finger around the lip of the cup. The lamp was interesting, the way he had billowed in and out of it reminded her of the story Aladdin, she'd learned from her family that most myths and stories had an ounce of truth. Perhaps he was the inspiration for that particular one, in that case, did that mean that there were rules about how it all worked? she wasn't naive enough to believe that he'd grant her any wishes, not that she had any in the first place. "Alright, that's okay Damien." she'd figure it out on her own if he stuck around, for all she knew he could pick up his lamp and leave. Leaning back in her chair she gave into the urge and rubbed her face, tired and feeling somewhat overwhelmed, this was something she would have to cope with on her own. From the look on his face he had little inclination to share information that she didn't ask the right questions for, and she didn't have the mental energy at the moment to try and jump through hoops to figure out what those questions were. His aloofness really did remind her of a stray cat though, and she knew how to deal with them at least, "Theres food in the pantry if you want some, help yourself" picking up her empty cup she headed into the kitchen, washing the cup out and heading to bed.

Up first thing in the morning as always, she headed down and made toast for breakfast, once that was done she cleaned the house, the job she hated the most and rewarded herself afterward by doing some gardening out in the sun. She wasn't entirely sure how to handle the stranger in her home who had kidnapped her just a few days ago, ruminating over it as she worked she hummed to herself. She'd do some baking in the afternoon, perhaps he had a sweet tooth, ignoring the part of her that told her to kick him out and be done with the whole thing, she did her best to convince herself that it was wiser to let him stay. It didn't matter that his eyes seemed so blue in contrast with the grey world she lived in, colour didn't automatically mean you'd find happiness, it wasn't a guarantee of anything and there were stories of just one person seeing colour and knowing her luck? That would happen to her, she couldn't be naive, a naive creature would get killed, naive was a word that had been associated with her since she'd been small. Naive, wishful, saw the good in people and didn't watch out for the bad. She'd tried for the longest time to put those words behind her and become strong and independent, but was she truly? she didn't know, what she wanted in her heart was to help people that needed it, there was so much pain and misery in the world, doing her best to make it a little brighter with acts of kindness was all she could do, another reason to let him stay. He looked like he'd not seen kindness in a long time, the aloofness and standoffishness was the same she'd seen in animals that had suffered immensely at the hands of somebody else. Against her better judgement she wanted to help him however she could, and that meant keeping him a secret from her family, they'd insist on throwing him out, she was the youngest and the one that had to be protected the most in their eyes. She couldn't allow that, she'd give him a chance, everyone deserved a second chance.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 4:25 pm

He finished his tea much more slowly, savouring the fact that it was something warm, and tasted fairly good, and that he hadn’t had to bargain for in the first place. As soon as the warlock was in bed and asleep, he allowed his shadows to inspect the whole house, learning where everything was, and where she may have put the lamp. Said lamp ended up still being on the living room coffee table, and he eyed it almost warily before leaving it there and seeking out the spare room. Kelly or Ice or both would be on the lookout for him, and it was better to not be in the lamp when they eventually found him again. At least out of the lamp he could still resist them. He spent most of the next day hiding in the room, needing the space to come to terms with the drastic changes in his captivity, but a few of his shadows were permitted to wander the house, mostly the old Silver, and the newest shadow who didn’t know what stay put and out of sight meant anyway. He knew that Silver would keep an eye on the little thing and keep it out of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 4:37 pm

Carefully weeding and pruning, the young warlock did her best to focus on tending to the garden instead of being trapped in her own thoughts. Spotting something out of the corner of her eye Lyra paused in what she was doing and turned her head, strange, she could have sworn that she'd seen something moving. Shrugging she went back to what she was doing, making a small pile out of pulled-out weeds and pruned parts of plants. She took pride in her garden, she'd tried to make it just right, which meant that in spring like they were now the plants were all coming back to life. Moving along and keeping an eye on the time she turned to toss a weed onto the pile and jumped back spotting a strange black thing that seemed to be investigating the weed pile. "what on earth?" it looked similar to what she'd been attacked with by Damien, did it somehow belong to him?
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 4:43 pm

The little shadow had managed to escape it’s babysitter for a brief time and so was exploring outside, picking through the pile of plants and learning what they all felt and tasted and smelled like. Hearing the words, the baby bounced up and waved a tentacle cheerfully up at the warlock, chirping a hello before squeaking when another shadow swiped it up and pinned it to the ground with a grumpy noise. I do apologise, my dear. The older shadow was in the shape of a sleek long furred cat, her eyes bright silver and rather wise as she sat with the baby shadow under her paw, speaking quietly to the warlock that they had disturbed.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 5:05 pm

Unable to help the slight smile when she was waved at by the inky black creature, Lyra responded with a slight wave of her own, jumping again when there was a sharp movement and a sleek black cat suddenly pinned the smaller blob. Still it didn’t scream like it was being attacked by the cat so she didn’t move to rescue it, “Oh no, it’s quite alright” she instantly responded, the cat sounded quite old so it was second nature to be rather polite to her. “Forgive me but, what are you? I’ve never met anything like what you are” hoping it wouldn’t be considered rude, as you never knew with older creatures, some of them could be quite grumpy. Lyra couldn’t help the curiosity, obviously, the cat was higher in the ranking than the little blob trapped underneath a paw, “My names Lyra” she remembered her manners after a few moments of studying the two black creatures.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Narrowing her eyes at the baby shadow when it squeaked and chirped pleadingly, Silver finally lifted her paw with a resigned sigh. Behave, little one. The cat returned her attention to the warlock, although she was keeping a close watch on the baby who proceeded to continue inspecting the weeds. We are shadows, we belong to Damien who in turn belongs to you. Giving a slight dip of her head, the cat introduced herself. I am Silver, the baby has no name yet. They are only just newly manifested in this world.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Shadows? A look of confusion flicked over her face, more confusion swept over the warlock's face as she was told that he belonged to her,  “Pleased to meet you ma’am, I don’t really understand any of what you just said. I don’t own him, and are you shadows like that” she gestured at the shadow cast by the rosebush near her “that have been brought to life through magic or are you your own kind of creature entirely? Why do you belong to him? Did he enchant you or something?” Realizing that several questions had slipped out and bombarded the creature that had introduced itself, she went quite red and lowered her head “I’m sorry for all the questions, this is all just very new to me” feeling somewhat self-conscious that she’d just revealed how young and naive she was, Lyra coped with those feelings by turning to continue weeding frowning at the plants that had decided to try and grow where they weren’t supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:31 pm

The cat huffed, reaching out a paw to keep the baby close then settled to lie with both front paws tucked under her, gentle silver eyes watching Lyra. A bit of both, I suppose. Each shadow is its own being, but we are part of our shadow master. They are born with shadows, and while we obey, we can do as we please as well. It was nice being able to teach again, with no fear of being used. The old shadow had a feel about this girl, all the shadows did and Damien was well aware of what the formation of the newest shadow meant. She would be safe to explain things to. You do own him, my dear. You’ve released him from his lamp, he is bound to obey you.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:43 pm

Listening closely as she worked on the garden, the quiet calm movements helped her process the answers that she was given to all of her questions. The answers made sense although the idea of owning Damien just because she freed him from the old battered lamp was still disquieting. She knew what it was like to be owned, to be a possession of someone else that had all the power, part of her wondered if he’d been betrayed the same way she was. There was a reason why she’d been so mad when he’d kidnapped her after all, getting up she picked up the pile of weeds and moved them to the bin that the town had given out for plant waste. “would you like a drink or anything to eat? I was thinking I might do some baking” she told the two shadows with a smile, she just needed to wash her hands and then she’d be able to get right on it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:47 pm

Standing when Lyra did, the cat picked up the baby to keep it from being flung into the bin with the weeds, ignoring the upset squeaks coming from it. A drink would be appreciated, thank you. Still keeping hold of the baby shadow, Silver trotted in after the warlock, her tail waving gently in the air. Damien was still holed up in the spare room, and she’d accepted that. He needed time to himself of his own choice, time to come to terms with his new captor who thankfully so far did not seem like Kelly in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:02 pm

Washing her hands in the laundry sink she moved into the kitchen and asked the cat what she would like and provided it, then she reached out for her recipe book and flicked through it thoughtfully before picking a recipe that she’d made a million times before. She hardly needed it to make gingerbread, but it was nice to have the book open nonetheless, turning on the oven she started work, her parents would likely visit soon it was too much to hope that they hadn’t noticed her disappearance and she’d have to come up with an excuse. If she told them she’d been kidnapped, no they couldn’t find that out, her jaw clenched briefly as she thought of what her parents would think of her if they knew. “One rule you all need to follow is, if my family comes to visit you have to hide, they can’t know you’re here” it was soothing working with the dough, rolling it out to the right thickness she began using the cookie cutters to cut out animal shapes.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:07 pm

Accepting the drink of water politely, Silver found a place that was out of the way but where she could still watch from, careful to avoid any food prep areas for now. All you need to do is tell him. She would have to be firm with the babies clearly, there was an undertone here that the shadow couldn’t pick up on just yet, but they’d figure it out. Sniffing the air, she perked up considerably, watching the baking much more intently. You’re making gingerbread. Iris had loved gingerbread, Damien was more of a ginger cake fan but it was possible this would bring him out of the room regardless. The baby shadow had somehow managed to crawl up to the bench to be beside the rolled out dough and was watching intently, giving soft squeaks as if it was talking to itself as it figured out the world.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:31 pm

She had been hoping Silver would, she didn’t really want to disturb him right now, but she supposed she could tell him when he next appeared out of the room she’d given him. Smiling at the little shadow as it watched and squeaked to itself, she broke off a piece of dough and offered it to the baby that had no name. “Here you are, and yes, it’s an old family recipe normally we make it around Christmas, into houses or cookies to offer at church or to give to carol singers. My family does a lot of charity work and committee work around the town. So on holidays it’s a lot of cooking and baking” she did love her family and was proud of the work that they did around the little town, even if it was sometimes stifling here, they looked after that town and its inhabitants, especially those without money, it was a true community. Despite the harder things she felt, the love she felt for her family was quite clear.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:38 pm

It was obvious that the baby had no idea what to do with the offering, appearing to look at Silver first for reassurance. The cat nodded gently, and so the little shadow took the bit of dough and scooted backwards to inspect and play, thoroughly entertained for the time being. It smells wonderful, even uncooked. There was clear fondness in the cat’s quiet tone, she was thinking of their own yule times when there had been the four shadow masters still in the castle. We would bake ginger cake at Yule.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:47 pm

Giggling at the baby’s antics, Lyra explained to it quietly “Its for eating, silly goose” looking rather pleased that Silver seemed to approve of the recipe even without tasting it, she put the cut out pieces of gingerbread on the tray. “I’ve never actually made ginger cake before, I’ll have to look for a recipe to try sometime” she was always up for trying something new and adding it to her rather hodgepodge cook book that was filled with handwritten recipes. Setting the timer on the oven she turned on the kettle and sat down at the bench with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:56 pm

That sounded good, and the cat settled in her spot, loafing again with her paws tucked neatly under her chest and her tail curled around her body quite close to keep it safe. Although she knew quite well where a good ginger cake recipe was, she didn’t voice that offer. It was far too early to be revealing too much of their master’s past, for now it was better to answer any questions Lyra might have about the situation. I am permitted to answer any questions you have about the situation, my dear. If that is easier for you than grilling Damien.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 9:09 pm

Watching the little shadow with the small lump of gingerbread dough, she appreciated the offer that Silver made of being able to ask the cat-shaped shadow things rather than Damien.  “He’s like a stray cat, Id like to give him time to settle in on his own without disturbing him too much” tucking a lock of hair back behind her ear she pondered over any questions that she could ask. The number one question was why he was trapped in a lamp but that was far too much of a nosy personal question for creatures she’d only just met, “I don’t have too many questions, you answered the most important ones earlier, for now its just important to keep you guys a secret” getting up when the kettle switched off she made herself a cup of tea and checked on the gingerbread in the oven before sitting down again. “Although, why was I targeted? Whats important enough about a silly young warlock to send someone to capture her. Aside from displaying her like a stuffed animal in an museum but something tells me that wasn’t the intention this time” looking down at her tea she brushed her finger over the lip of the cup, watching the steam rise from the liquid and inhaling it quietly, there was nothing more soothing than the smell of tea.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 2:55 pm

The stray cat analogy made Silver mrrr with amusement. He is more like a feral alley cat, my dear. She kept a close eye on the baby but it seemed like it was keeping out of trouble for the time being so the cat leapt lightly onto the table, sitting there with her tail curled around her feet. He was not given all the details, they were not deemed necessary. But I believe it was something to do with strengthening shadow masters as a species.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 3:50 pm

She shrugged slightly, from her experience, feral cats could never really be helped the same way a stray cat could be, a stray cat had hope, ferals didn’t really have much at all especially if they came from generations of ferals. However she didn’t bring that up instead she sipped her tea and listened as Silver explained that Damien hadn’t been given all the details and the cats personal beliefs as to why she had been taken. “That sounds suspiciously like eugenics, gross” wrinkling her nose she got up when the oven beeped and made her way over to it. Opening the door and studying the dough she lifted up one corner of a bit with a knife and satisfied that it was cooked, took a tea towel and pulled the tray out of the oven to set it on the wooden chopping board she’d left out. “he’s welcome to any of the food and drink in the house, from the looks of him he could do with gaining quite a few kilos” and perhaps some time outside in the sun so he wouldn’t look so pale.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 3:56 pm

Yes, unfortunately. She watched the girl closely, her silver eyes calm and thoughtful as she pondered over Lyra’s last words. The smell of the gingerbread was drawing more shadows out of the woodworks, as it were, and even Silver wandered closer in hope of having a piece or two. She wasn’t surprised when it was their master who responded, it hadn’t taken long for the smell to permeate the air, and the twins had always loved gingerbread and cake. “Likely.” He studied her quietly, leaning on the doorway at a safe distance with his coyote sitting at his feet. It had been a while since they’d been able to be comfortable together so she wasn’t keen on leaving him on his own for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Eugenics was something she couldn’t stand, it was disgusting and wrong, and one of the few things that made her irrationally angry, but you couldn’t go yelling about it on street corners because it made people uncomfortable apparently. Well good. It should, scowling to herself, it was the quiet voice behind her that drew her out of her disgruntled thoughts, reacting without thinking a knife flew out of the chopping block towards the voice. Whipping about and stepping backwards her hands touched the hot tray that was just out of the oven, recognizing Damien a split second before she registered the pain she muttered a foul world and the knife dropped to the floor. Going to the sink to run her red hands under the water she mentally raked herself over the coals for being such a helpless clutz, “Sorry, I didn’t realize you were there, I got startled” she indicated the tray with a nod of her hand “wait until they’re cooled some so they’ve set” the gingerbread animals would bend if anyone tried to pick them up while they were still piping hot.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:08 pm

He didn’t even bother to flinch at the knife, perhaps she’d let it land so that he could be at peace with his sister again. Unsure whether to be relieved or not that the knife dropped before it got to him, he just tucked his hands into his pockets, the slight movement causing the creeping shadows to fade back into the shadows of the kitchen again to wait patiently. When he made no indication of saying anything at the moment, Silver rolled her eyes with a huff. He shouldn’t have startled you. As expected, Damien just ignored the snide tone and the narrowed glare. Are you alright?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Focusing on the knife, it lifted and gracefully returned itself to the knife block, “I just need to be more careful, if that’d happened with someone else who wasn’t family, I could get into some serious trouble” the cold water stung but was soothing on her hands. “I’m fine thank you Silver” looking up from the sink she added “Theres a lemon cake in a tin in the pantry if you can’t wait” her lemon bush had been producing a lot of lemons recently, so she’d made cookies, cakes, preserves and other things to try and use them all before they all went mouldy. Turning off the tap she shook her hands free of water in the sink before picking up the tea towel to carefully dry them, thankfully there was no blistering they were just red and sore, could be worse. Reaching across the bench she picked up her tea and finished it, starting to rinse the cup out, in an attempt to stay busy so she’d be distracted from the sensation ofher hands smarting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:19 pm

She was a curious girl, and Damien just nodded slightly, narrowing his eyes at the private prodding of his shadows before reluctantly speaking, mostly to get Silver to stop nagging him. “The shadows can heal the burns, if you wish them to.” It was safer to keep a distance from the whole situation, to keep himself at a distance from everything so that he could keep surviving as best he could. The shadow master was planning on waiting for the gingerbread to be ready, it had been so long since he’d had anything like it that he was willing to wait the few more minutes for them to cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadowed colours
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Shadow Master Rp-
Jump to: