The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadowed colours

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Shadowed colours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shadowed colours - Page 3 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still, this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.

The man who had shadows experimented on him who goes by Logan is the one who runs the massive Island that Ice keeps her experiments on, one of these experiments it the blind girl Iris who lives in the newly rebuilt castle she grew up in. The young hatter Skye who had not settled yet ended up caught by ice and released on the island to be studied and learned from. Damien is Kellys as is Oliver who is very attached to the other shadow master. after he is freed by Lyra from Kelly's possession, Maria the girl who's been trained to be Ollie's toy is introduced to him
Logan x Skye
Albus x Iris
Damien x Lyra
Oliver x Maria
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:28 pm

Right now she didn’t expect anything from the tall bean pole like man and his dull blue eyes, he just needed to eat and come to grips with how things had changed for him. She’d have to work on herself and get better so she didn’t accidentally knife him one when he snuck up behind her like that, the offer was a surprise as she hadn’t expected him to say anything more. “Really? Well if they don’t mind I’d appreciate that” finishing with the cup she dried it and put it away in the cupboard with the other tea cups. Closing the cupboard door she moved back to lean against the bench, watching him for a few moments, before politely flicking her eyes away.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:32 pm

He just nodded slightly, and Silver wandered over to her, losing her cat shape to become a blob of inky blackness. Extending a tentacle to see the girl’s hands, the same kind voice still came somehow from her. Let me see, my dear? It was nice being able to heal instead of hurt for once, and it took only a few seconds to tend to the burns that the hot tray had caused. It was only once she was done and back in her cat shape that Damien spoke again. “Healing is their forte.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Watching Silver move over she offered her hands to the black blob, giving a quiet sigh of relief once the pain was gone she flexed her hands experimentally before speaking “Thank you” being able to heal was a power she was jealous of, such a power could be used to help people when all she could do was move things around with her mind that was basically useless. She’d been taught all her life to keep it hidden to the point where she didn’t see the point in having it, “Being able to heal is a good gift” flicking Silver an affectionate warm smile she glanced at the gingerbread “It should have cooled enough by now, eat as much as you want” she opened a cupboard door and a plate lifted itself up and floated over to Damien as she busied herself with cleaning the dishes from the baking that she’d done. "before I forget, the main rule I need you to follow here is if my family come, dont let them know you're here, if you stay in your lamp or the spare room that'd be a real help. Thank you" she didn't feel like explaining why, for now he'd just have to accept that was the main rule for staying here.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:48 pm

He accepted the plate only because he knew he wouldn’t be able to refuse it, and allowed a couple of the older shadows to take some of the gingerbread to share amongst themselves. The baby shadow as still very occupied with the bit of dough, having finally figured out how to chew on it and nibble it. Making sure to keep a careful distance from the warlock, the shadow master moved to take some of the treat, retreating back to the doorframe once he had a decent pile. “If they are creatures, they will sense me in the house.” Not that he would be disobeying, he knew an order when he heard one, however it was worded.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:54 pm

Swearing quietly to herself, Lyra cursed herself for being so stupid, of course they’d be able to, lifting her thumb to her mouth she began chewing on the nail. Doing her best to think of a solution “when you went into your lamp when I picked it up I couldn’t sense you, could we do that perhaps?” It was quite pathetic that she didn’t want to kick him out, the more dry part of her mind informed her quite bluntly that this was foolish wanting to look after somebody who’d kidnapped her to be the pawn of some weird woman with an idea for eugenics. Arguing back that it wasn’t his fault he was under orders and getting told that she was excusing bad actions, she remained standing there absently ripping at the nail with her teeth.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:58 pm

He'd gotten started on the plate of gingerbread while she thought, flicking a glance up at her at the question. “If that’s what you want.” He didn’t have the energy to try and figure out why she didn’t want her parents knowing about him, perhaps the girl would reveal that to Silver – the shadow had certainly taken a liking to the girl and he knew that meant the old cat wasn’t going to be pleased if they left her behind or upset her. Still, for the time being he was at Lyra’s beck and call, and thankfully for the moment she didn’t really seem to realise exactly what it is that she held. Deciding to give her a little bit of information, he elaborated a little. “It would be better to keep the lid separate, if I’m inside it with the lid on, anyone can take it.” And control him, but he left that part out and only finished the sentence in his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Nodding quietly, she began drying the dishes, often preferring to do things by hand even though she had abilities and a dishwasher, washing and drying dishes was just soothing. Carefully drying the water off of the bowl, she didn’t look up from what she was doing as he explained the necessity of keeping the lid separate from the rest of the lamp. “Oh okay” accepting his words without question, she set about putting the dishes away before moving into the living room. Pocketing the lid for the lamp she moved the lamp from the table to a spare space on the old bookshelf that was up against the wall, so it looked more like a new decoration rather than something that’d stick out as something more. Her family knew she often collected nick knacks from the local good will store, so having it in a place like the bookshelf as a decoration shouldn’t draw too much attention. She’d put the lid somewhere upstairs where she’d remember where it was, but it wouldn’t be easily found, something about the way he’d said what he had about the lid of the lamp gave her the feeling that it’d be a bad thing if it was taken with him trapped inside by the lid. Perhaps she could get a false one, that could work, but she’d investigate that later.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 7:44 pm

He had quickly demolished the gingerbread, and set the dirty plate with her pile of dirty dishes so that it could be cleaned as well while she was at it. As she moved into the living room, he followed her warily, eyeing the lamp as she pocketed the lid and moved the lamp to the bookcase. It was only when she let go of it that his shoulders lost a tiny bit of their tension. Deciding that he was done with company for the time being, the shadow master vanished back into the spare room, shutting the door quite softly behind him, and leaving only Silver and the baby shadow with Lyra again. Is everything alright, my dear?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 7:54 pm

Turning around in time to see the shadow master vanish out towards the stairs, glancing down at the cat and small shadow that was blobbed out next to the feline, Lyra nodded “yes its just a lot to think about” taking a seat on the comfortable couch she tucked her legs underneath herself and sighed. The gingerbread seemed to have gone done well which was nice, “Are you doing alright?” she asked after a moment turning her attention back to the shadows. It’d been a while since she’d had anyone stay, in a way the company was nice even if it meant she had to be more careful, at least Damien hadn’t seemed offended by the near stabbing, if anything he’d almost seemed resigned he hadn’t flinched at all. That thought kept her from asking if he was alright, he clearly wasn’t, but she had hope that eventually, he would be.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 7:57 pm

Watching Lyra, Silver considered things for a moment and leapt up gently onto the arm of the chair that Lyra was sitting on, settling there comfortably for ease of chatting. Ask any questions you like. He is a complicated creature to understand. A wide yawn left the cat, showing wickedly sharp teeth. I am quite fine, thank you. The gingerbread was very nice.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 pm

When the cat jumped up she almost pet the creature out of habit but stopped herself and instead flicked her gaze to the lamp “I stole the lamp, does that mean I stole him from someone?” she was starting to understand that the lamp was very significant and it somehow related to him and his past. She was a little wary of the consequences of having stolen the lamp and getting on the wrong side of someone, but she instantly resolved that under no circumstances was she giving the lamp up unless he specifically asked her to. He was starved and pale, shut down and extremely wary, someone had made him that way, people didn’t come into the world like that. Stubbornness made her grit her teeth, if someone came here and attempted to reclaim the lamp they’d have to go through her, she did not endorse treating people badly or like slaves she’d seen quite enough of that whilst growing up. “You are all safe here, I wont hurt anyone, and I like to think I make good food, and my gardens fairly peaceful, plenty of books to read and I can always get more from the local bookshop” while she wasn’t very strong and had fairly limited capabilities, she’d do what she could to help them all.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 8:15 pm

The shadow didn’t encourage pats for the moment, they were still so new to this home, and it was safer to keep a physical distance, although she had a feeling that the warlock was going to be quite fine and safe to be with. You did, but she stole him from someone else, who’d stolen it from someone else, and so forth. She didn’t go into details, not now, but she was happy to answer the girl’s questions. Thank you. Peace is something we have all missed in the past years. And Damien will enjoy being able to read again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 8:32 pm

Well she felt slightly better knowing that she wasn’t the first person to steal him, although she presumed one could say she’d kidnapped him after he’d kidnapped her which was rather ironic. The thought made a slight smile come onto her face, “Almost everybody deserves to feel safe and have some degree of peace” and then there were those and she could think of a few that absolutely did not deserve that, several of them she’d known herself. “What does he like to read? It’s been a while since I visited the bookstore, an old creature runs it so I could get some books that he might like?” she was quite fond of the old man and as a child had often referred to him as grandfather, he was old and wizened with a white beard that usually meant he played Father Christmas when it was that particular holiday period. While she loved Christmas her favourite season was Autumn and Halloween, she’d decorate her house and dress up, and when children came she usually had the best treats to pick from. It was the one time of year she could get away with using her powers a little more as the locals would explain it away as special effects.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Happy with the conversation, Silver settled down to loaf, relaxing again now that it seemed like Damien was currently fine, and Lyra was no worse for wear for her fright earlier. Nearly anything, really. She went into a bit of detail of the sorts of books her master liked, pausing mid sentence when the baby shadow began crawling up the couch with soft squeaks. Perhaps the baby will enjoy books too.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 9:03 pm

Drawn out of her thoughts about how much she loved Halloween when Silver answered her questions, Lyra listened intently as the feline shaped shadow went into details about what kinds of books Damien liked. While she had some of those books on her book shelf there were other ones she didn’t have, unable to help her soft laugh when the little shadow began crawling up the couch squeaking softly. “That’s good, books are good for your brain the more you read the smarter you get little one” speaking gently to the youngster she leaned into the couch and sighed “perhaps a trip to the bookstore is warranted then” she was quite comfortable there however and didn’t want to disrupt things too much by asking Silver to come along and help her pick. There was plenty of time for that after all, yawning she blew a few strands of hair out of her face.

Lyra spent most of the next few days in the company of Silver and the baby shadow, which in all honesty she didn’t mind at all, it was nice having someone to talk to about things. She’d come in from the garden to make lunch for them, including a generous sized portion for Damien, he seemed to appear whenever the food was ready so she always made sure to leave a plate for him. Chopping some onions as she intended to make the onion soup that she loved to make on days that were colder like today, she’d been out that morning and had brought a couple of fresh baguettes that they’d be able to chop up and dip in, maybe she’d toast the bits of bread so they had melted cheese and were crispy when you dipped them in. What she loved about baking and cooking was it put smiles on peoples faces and seemed to warm them up from within, humming merrily away to herself her humming stopped when she heard the front door open. Frowning she put the knife down and left the kitchen, her family always knocked, the townspeople always knocked, the people that didn’t knock well, Damien certainly hadn’t. Walking into the living room she came across a tall woman with hair down to her shoulders, a cold look on her face and clothes well, she didn’t think much of the monochrome colour choice or style. “Where is Damien?” the woman demanded “you stole him and I want him back, girl” the attitude really got Lyras back up. Arrogance, she hated it, her disgust must have shown on her face as before she could say a word shadows attacked her and sent her flying, hitting the wall with a thud she slid to the floor with a quiet groan of pain.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Seconds before the door opened, Silver who had been resting comfortably on a windowsill in the sun watching Lyra, bolted to sit upright, a soft growl leaving her. She wasn’t quick enough to stop Kelly getting inside or throwing Lyra against a wall, but she was quick enough to stop anything more happening to her. Hearing footsteps, the shadow didn’t go for Kelly again, choosing to stay with Lyra and soothe her pain while Damien dealt with the intruder. He’d heard the commotion and emerged, easily guessing who the new shadow master was even before hearing her speak and the dull thud of Lyra hitting the wall. Coming into view, he chose to lean against the wall, almost carelessly. “You have no say here, Kelly.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 9:33 pm

Tilting her head, Kelly studied him, some of her own shadows billowing before they departed going to search through the house, rifling through things. They searched tirelessly for the lid of the lamp, while other shadows of hers collected the lamp off of the bookshelf. Lyra shook her head to clear it as much as she could of the pain, anger started to build, partially because of how rude and arrogant this woman was, and also because she was sick of feeling helpless and threatened, she didn’t want to be helpless anymore. Ignoring the warlock on the far side of the room for now Kelly snorted “you’re a shadow master. You belong with other shadow masters instead of slumming it in this cardboard box of a hovel” walking into the room properly, Kelly flicked a look at the shadow that was quite clearly trying to protect the girl on the floor. “She’s not wort protecting.” Ice had been furious that Kelly had let both Damien and the Warlock go, and she’d been told she would be punished, unless she brought one of them back, preferably Damien. However stupid as she was, she knew she wasn’t as strong as Damien so the warlock it’d have to be. She turned and began walking towards the girl on the floor, summoning her shadows ready to attack the girl. Staring as Kelly grew closer, she grew angrier and angrier, this was her home and she was so sick of people coming uninvited to her safe space and trying to hurt or get something from her. The anger burst through the normal control she had on her abilities and without thinking she got up and threw her hands up, the couch trembled before it lifted and soared at Kelly smashing into her and pinning her to the ground. Lowering her hands with the palms flat and equal to the floor the couch began pressing Kelly harder and harder into the floor.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm

It was instinct to protect his lamp, so Kelly’s shadows found themselves having to fight off Damien’s shadows in order to get to it. He wasn’t going to allow them to have a chance to get inside it, especially since Lyra had hidden the lid as he’d suggested. “I no longer belong to you.” There was a soft snarl hidden in the words, emotion bleeding through his aloofness for the first time since Lyra had brought him back to her place. Twitching as the couch moved, he ducked out of the way just in time, and watched as it began to squish the woman before giving a faint sigh. “Get out.” Her shadows were already being routed out of the house that they were searching through, his own being quite merciless in how the achieved that and uncaring of the pain that it would be causing Kelly. She deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Her shadows reacted violently fighting back as much as they could, the only sign that Lyra was angry was the look in her eyes. The rest of her face was blank, her hands slowly moved lower and lower as she crushed Kelly under the couch without mercy, it wasn’t until Kelly suddenly screamed as a sickening snap signalled that a bone or two had been broken that noise was what made the young warlock seemed to snap out of the intense emotions that were coursing through her. All of a sudden the couch lifted off of Kelly, it fell to the ground next to her and with some effort she used her abilities to push Kelly out of the house and slammed the door afterwards before collapsing to the ground again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Most of the shadows flinched at the scream, and Silver was quite relieved when Kelly was shoved out of the house as it meant that she could tend to Lyra’s hurts again without being interrupted. She’d taken a shine to the young warlock, and was quite intent on sticking around if she could. Where are you hurting my dear? Her voice was gentle as usual, and Damien let her deal with it while he picked up the lamp again and set it back on the bookshelf where Lyra had placed it, nicely out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 2:49 pm

Exhaustion washed over her, she’d never used that much of her abilities before, mentally and physically spent she didn’t reply for a few moments “I don’t think anything’s broken, just bruised” her back and the back of her head hurt from where she’d been thrown into a wall, but she could still breathe and move so she’d be okay. The memory of the bone snapping and Kelly’s scream made her feel both nauseous and guilty, she’d almost killed somebody, which went against everything she’d ever been taught. Tucking her knees under her chin she hugged her legs to herself, rocking back and forth subtly “I’m sorry for loosing control like that” apologizing quietly she closed her eyes wrestling with the fact of the violence that she had no idea she was capable of.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Bruising still hurt, so the shadow took care of it all, soothing the pain so that the girl didn’t have to deal with that either. Well aware that Damien would have escaped back into his room again and left her to deal with the aftermath, Silver put the impeding scolding of said shadow master to the side, focusing on Lyra instead. Losing control happens, my dear. Especially in young creatures. You did not kill, there is nothing to apologise to us for. Brushing up against Lyra’s legs affectionately, a soft squeaking proved that the baby had come over to offer comfort as well, climbing into Lyra’s lap as best that it could.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 3:16 pm

Murmuring a quiet thank you when the pain was gone, she swallowed hard trying to work on the lump that was in her throat “I think I would have if she hadn’t screamed, I was so so angry, I hate feeling helpless, I’m always treated like I’m helpless. The only thing I know how to do with my powers is control and keep it hidden, if Mutti and Papa found out” she didn’t finish that sentence, instead the squeaking of the little baby shadow trying to crawl into her lap was what made her let go of her legs so that the baby could clamber to wherever it wanted to be. She hated feeling helpless, it was something that really got under her skin, she didn’t want to be helpless, she didn’t want to be stuck here forever when there was such a big wide world out there to explore.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 3:22 pm

The cat regarded her out of wise eyes. There are more creatures in the world with your particular skill, can you not seek out a different mentor? The world had changed since they’d last been in a teaching or learning situation, so the cat was hesitant, unsure of how true her words actually were. Most are quite willing to teach the young ones.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 3:45 pm

The question made Lyra shake her head “My family lives in this town, they’d freak if I left to go find somebody else, I was caught by hunters a few years ago and ever since they’ve been quite overprotective which is why you all have to hide if they turn up.” Hesitating for a moment she petted the little shadow in her lap without really realizing it. Things were complicated she couldn’t just up and leave them, everything she owned and had built was here, exploring the world was a childish fantasy that had no roots in the real world. Especially if she couldn’t control herself properly, she’d wind up killing somebody and that was something she wouldn’t be able to cope with on her conscience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowed colours   Shadowed colours - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadowed colours
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Shadow Master Rp-
Jump to: