The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Rose snarled "How much do you think i care at this point in time Alex" with that the call was ended and rose had stalked into her room slamming the door shut. Flicking on her laptop she began googling ways on how to make men suffer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas had moved into the room that served as an exercise room for him. The door was mostly closed but, there was a crack and it could easily be pushed open. He had wrapping around his his hands as he worked with a punching bag that was hung up near the corner. He was sweating a tad now as he worked, hitting the bag rhythmically. He worked to keep his breathing steady as he focused on the bag.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:47 pm

waking up with a slight gasp haytham sat up, running a hand through his locks he began to pack up his things glancing around shiftily. He had decided that he couldn't enroach on Thomas's kindness anymore, so listening to the man exerscise in the spare room Haytham took the moment to clear out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas stopped the bag's swinging, resting his head against it briefly. He gave a sigh, still thinking about his dream. He'd determined now that it was a memory. He and Haytham had been together. As he had been punching, more memories flashed before his eyes. Not all of them only included Haytham. Rose was in some, as was the man who'd been in the park the day before. He gave a bit of a groan and lifted his head, giving the bag a final hit before exiting the room as he took the wrappings from his hands.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Haytham had left, leaving the picture of the war behind quite on accident, he had vanished down the street and taken a few shortcuts to head toward a place that was new. he was headed to hornby as he had not busked there in a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: --
Thomas frowned as he realized Haytham was gone. In a way, he hadn't actually wanted the man to leave, even though he would've had to, eventually, he supposed. He gave a sigh, looking around. He spotted the picture Haytham had been working on of the war. He took it gently, sitting down on the couch and studying it.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Living Room / With: Rose
Alex stared at his front door for a moment, glancing over at Tobias' before entering. He chewed his finger a bit, shutting the door behind him and looking around for Rose. She was going to kill him but, what else could he have done? She was worrying him about this whole 'seeing things' thing and she wouldn't tel him anything. He wanted to help.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Shop / With: --
Joshua had been sent home, told to go rest. He honestly felt like he'd been in a war-zone. His head was killing him, now. These memories were making him dizzy. They flipped between good and bad constantly, between three different lives, maybe more. In two of them, he was a pirate. One he was captain, the other a sailor. On the way home, he paused, buying a bird ring from a woman as an impulse. The item was more than obviously far older than she claimed it to be. He felt attached to it for some reason. She sold it to him for a rather low price, too. He slipped the ring onto the middle finger of his left hand. Josh decided he'd get it appraised, tomorrow, maybe. He'd find out it's history, if he could. With that, he went home to rest a bit until tonight.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:10 am

Rose texted Joshua im sorry about my roommate, he was dropped on his head alot as a child with that she left her phone on her bed and stalked down. Finding alex she glared hotly at him "what the hell dude? she was so embarrased, she wasn't felling well and this whole Fiasco hadn't helped at all.

Lana finished looking through the file and smiled innocently, her face falling into a mask of a innocent young girl who loved life she said softly "The murderer is a muderesss, i believe she is working toward a goal note how all of the men look similar and ahve similar life styles? They are leading up to her final kill, the true purpose the real man she wants dead, You're looking for a 40 year old asian woman, probbaly under the five foot five mark. The men are all well off, blonde of hair and relativley good looking, the same wounds are always dealt to them. A missing left arm, what looks like a sword blow through the stomach and several other varying wounds, the woman dosen't have these wounds herself instead they have the taste of vengance"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:34 am

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Station / With: Lana
Liam nodded a bit, grabbing his talkie. He spoke into it, "We're looking for a woman. Asian, around 40, shorter than five feet in height." He released the button and sighed, "Should... narrow it down quite some bit." His eyes went over to Lana.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Home / With: --
Joshua gave a sigh, shutting his door behind him, locking it. His phone went off and he pulled it out. Unknown number, however, reading the text, he knew it was Rose. He saved the number in his phone before replying, 'It's cool, didn't bother me. Why didn't you want him talking to me?' He slid his phone back into his pocket, glancing over at the drawer. He didn't need it now. Instead, he went into his room, grabbing his guitar.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:39 am

Lana had leant back in her chair her eyes closed, thinking to herself. This all seemed very similar, a face flashed in her mind making her stiffen slightly, pulling out a pen and pulling the file back over to her she began roughly sketching on the back of the file cold eyes appearing in a small compact face that had short cropped hair and a scar that ran down one side of her face.

Rose glared at Alex furious with him before she turned stalking back up the stairs, deciding that she needed a bath to calm herself off she took her phone into the bathroom and locked the door behind her, running the hot water into the tub she flicked off the lights and sighed in the comforting dark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Liam raised an eyebrow, watching as she did so, "Someone you... know?" He looked up at her curiously. Why was the picture a little familiar to him?

Joshua ran his fingers through his hair, groaning a small bit. He kept his guitar with him. It was almost time to leave. He got a little bit to eat, smiling a bit. He pulled out his phone, sending something to Rose, 'See you there tonight?' He hoped she would come, he really did. He wasn't sure why but... he did. He even figured he'd drop his usual profile of taking a girl or two home. He didn't think she'd like that very much and, well, he did want to get to know her. Friends, he supposed, despite his dream.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 pm

His words jolted her out of her memory, she stare at the rough sketch and shook her head "uh, no no. Ignore that its probaly nothing" she stood shooting a glance at the people she knew would be on the other side of the glass. Flashing them a cold smirk with dead eyes that looked like they could read their souls deepest secrets she left without another word.

Yeah, debating wether or not to bring alex and muzzle him like the little shit he is turning off the tap she got into the water sighing at its heat. A memory came unbidden from another time, another world, another life. She was leading Joshua through the woods, Boston woods it looked like although she had only ever seen picures. Finding a hot spring that she somehow knew was there she lead him in getting into the hot water. Blushing pink she texted him ugh, random dizzy spell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Liam frowned a bit, crossing his arms. He would speak with Lana about it later, in private. He didn't need his coworkers thinking they were insane.

Joshua smiled a bit as he felt his phone vibrate. He pulled it out and replied, 'You should, can't be that bad, right?' As he received the next text, he sighed a little, 'Another of the... the things?' He didn't really know what to call them. Some were dreams, some were vision. He kind of hoped she wasn't having ones like he was. He certainly hoped she hadn't seen the one he had during his sleep the night before. Maybe that one hadn't been a memory, maybe just a dream. He hadn't been fully off his high when he'd fallen asleep. Maybe that was the cause.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:52 pm

whatever they are they suck she replied in answer to his text, leaning her head back she ran a hand through the hot water the memory still pretty vivid in her head. Sinking half way under the water she groaned softly to herself.

Tobe had sent his update of the game over to Alex for him to test it out for him, currently he was down in the kitchen scrounging aroun din the backs of his empty pantry for some kind of food that was edible.

Lana headed to work, she had pickpocketed several of the officers on her way out, thanks to their cowardly untrustingness of her it was easy for her to bump into them pickpocket their cash and continue on her way out. Moving behind the bar she texted Joshua you're up first tonight, boss is pretty pissed about something make it a good performance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex had found the game and pulled it up immediately. He sat there playing it, smiling a bit. He sent a message, 'This is wonderful. ^^'

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Shop / With: --
Joshua laughed a little as he read Rose's text. Getting the one from Lana, he frowned, responding to her, 'Got it.' He grabbed a shot glass, filling it with rum and tipping it back quickly, shaking his head. He messaged Rose, now, 'I'm headed there. They've put me on first.' He frowned a bit, securing his guitar case over his shoulders. He slid the phone in his pocket and headed out.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Getting out of the bath rose dried herself off pulling on a green shirt that had a black imprint of a bird in flight on it and dark denim three quarter pants she yelled "oi alex, put on your party pants we're going out for dinner tonight, you can invite your boyfriend if you want"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex lifted his head, frowning a small bit. He typed quickly, 'I've got to go, talk later.' He would have invited Tobias but, he wasn't certain the other man could deal with so many people as going out would have. He couldn't even speak with Alex face to face yet. He sighed, standing, slipping the phone and wallet back into his pockets. He headed down to meet Rose, "Hey, where... where are we going?"

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Bar / With: --
Joshua didn't live too far from the bar, it didn't take him too long to get there. The shot of rum he'd taken was only just enough to calm any nerves. The boss being pissed was a rather bad thing. He entered the bar, setting his guitar case in the corner, pulling his guitar out, hanging it on the front of his torso, checking it for proper tuning.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm

"out" was all she told him, her hair was touching her shoulders, messily dried to get its normal slightly scruffy style. She had her wallet in her pocket and smirked slightly at him before she lead the way out whistling to herself.

Tobias had enough time to reply oh ok before Alex went offline. Checking his bank balance he sighed with annoyance, there was zilch in his account still, standing he moved trhough his house rustlin gthrough old bags trying to fin dsomething that was worth eating.

Seeing Josh Lana raised an eyebrow "hitting the drugs again?" she knew him well enough he had been coming to the bar to preform for quite a number of years now. He was probbaly the only other person who could half way tolerate the wench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / ?? / With: Rose
Alex frowned a bit, following her out. As he did so, he glanced over at Tobias' door, briefly. He sighed a bit, "Hang on..." He walked over to the door, knocking lightly. It was a bit of a test. Could the male deal with talking to him, even for a short time? If he could, he'd ask.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Bar / With: Lana
Joshua gave a sigh, running his fingers through his hair. "Is it obvious? You know, to other people?" Lana could see plenty of things other people couldn't. So long as others couldn't tell, it was fine. Josh's addiction had started about three years back during a 'the first one is free' deal. He'd been at a rather low point in his life and had taken it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Lana raised her eyebrows "wear long sleeved shirts" was all she said before she began wiping down the counter "Any idea what song you're going to do tonight? The boss is pissed cause of what happened yesterday, it's not your fault" she actually could get along with this idiot as long as he didn't annoy her too much. Also because he tried to be a good guy he didn't annoy her as much as Liam did that was for sure.

Hearing a knock at the door tobe frowned, who could that be? he took his time goin gto the door hoping that however it was would go away. Slowly opening the door a crack he blinked his misty eyes in quiet suprise "can i-i help you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / ?? / With: Rose, Tobias
Alex smiled a bit as the door was opened. "Do... you want to come with us? I didn't know cause you said you don't like people and, well, I don't know where we're going but, there are probably people there." His head tilted a little. He didn't really expect a yes from the man but, he wanted to offer, anyway.

Joshua nodded a bit, "Will do..." He wondered a bit what had happened yesterday to piss him off so much. As he was asked what song, he smiled a little, "I'm doing a cover tonight. Yellow, by Coldplay." Josh switched back and forth between covers and originals. For a bar setting, however, he'd found covers worked better, people liked things they knew. For some reason, this one song had been in his head since he'd woken.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Lana nodded raising an eyebrow "oh ho ho... you've met someone, been having some interesting... visions about her?" she looked interested "That makes more of us then" she paused before she continued "The man Haytham will be playing after you, if the boss finds out hes homeless then im out of a good job but oh well i have several others lined up" she shrugged running a hand through her hair watching him through narrowed eyes "be careful on the way home, a murderer has been haunting the streets"

Tobe flinched and withdrew into the house more shaking his head "uh um no thanks" his voice was barely audiable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / ?? / With: Rose, Tobias
Alex nodded a bit, smiling gently, trying to be as gentle as possible around him, easing him into being with people. "All right, I wanted to check. I'll talk to you on Steam later." He waved a bit before withdrawing to where Rose was, glancing back at Tobias for a moment.

Joshua frowned a bit, sighing, "You can tell a scary amount of things, you know that? Yeah, I met someone but, not in the sense implied. Yes, she and I are both having the... visions. You've been having them, too?" It was odd, three of them, now. He wondered how many more were. "And... yeah the visions get... interesting at times." He ran his fingers through his hair, making a bit of a face. "About the man after me... well, we all have our secrets." Hell, he could easily be jailed for drug possession.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Tobe nodded and closed the door gently, closing his eyes as the door was shut he felt himself relax slightly.

Lana shrugged "the cop who sometimes buys my information has been having them as well, if i wasn't myself i would have assumed that we were all interconnected somehow" she shrugged and tapped her fingers on the wooden surface "mmm...." her dark green eyes were focused on him "oh... the girl will be here tonight? Keep your sleeves down or she'll dump you on the spot"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Joshua frowned a bit. He'd learned before that Lana, on occasion, gave information to the cops. He was incredibly grateful to her for not having already ratted him out for his drug use. A cop was having them? And then there were four... He glanced over his arms, "I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt... just..." He ran his fingers through his hair, "I don't know, it's pretty dark in here and I doubt she'll be staring at my elbows." He sighed, looking at Lana, "I'm not dating her and I'm not trying to."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm

She was well aware that not ratting him out kept him in her debt and she would not waste such a gift, she nodded her curly hair framing her face "you sure you don't want to date her? You're looking slightly besotted" she smirked glancing up as the boss walked past glaring at her with hate in his eyes. She dodged his smack and smirked, wondering if Liam would turn up this time, she watched Joshua "if i were you i'd get some nice long sleeved s hirts"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: