The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Bar / With: Lana
Joshua sighed, watching her, "You know I don't exactly... date anymore." Dating her hadn't actually entered his mind. The memory of his dream returned to him and he frowned at it. As the boss passed by, Josh watched him, "Ah... that crap again..." He shook his head, not really understanding guys like that. He was a flirt and took girls home on a fairly regular basis but, if a girl made it clear she wasn't interested, he'd leave her alone. He couldn't understand going after someone by force. He nodded a bit at the thing about his shirts, "Yeah, or aim higher up..." He could always take the dose in his upper arm, he supposed, underneath the t-shirt sleeve. It was just easier to do the elbow.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 pm

She shrugged and glanced up as Rose entered and smirked "Never knew you had a thing for short red headed balls of fire" she moved away to head back to her job whistling to herself. She watched them all with great interest in her cold hard eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Bar / With: --
Joshua rolled his eyes at Lana's comment. He ordered a beer quickly and then turned his attention towards Rose and Alex, waving them over. He set his guitar by the small corner stage and hooked it up properly before moving to grab his beer.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Bar / With: --
Alex was rather confused as they entered the bar. As he spotted Joshua standing by the bar with a guitar his gave a bit of an 'ohh'. He looked over at Rose, "I thought you didn't want me talking to him?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:56 pm

She kicked Alex in the shin "Just because i dragged you along dosen't mean that you get to talk you lug" she muttered and found a place to sit down. She paused seeing a dark haired man walk in and narrowed her eyes recognizing him as thomas's new friend she sent him a text dude, did you kick out the handsome one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Alex muttered, "Ow..." He followed her to where she sat, sitting as well. He looked over at Haytham, blinking as he recognized him from the day before.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: --
Thomas paused as he heard his phone go off, he grabbed it and frowned at the message. 'The handsome one'. He would... avoid that subject. Whether he thought that way or not, he wouldn't let it show. He responded, 'Haytham? No, he left without a word while I was training.'

Joshua smiled a bit, moving over to their table. He stayed standing, however, not inviting himself to sit with them. He'd probably have to go up soon, anyway. He looked over at Alex, "Good to see she hasn't killed you." Alex looked up at him and gave a bit of a shrug, "I'm not allowed to talk to you." Josh raised an eyebrow at him before looking back at Rose, "Remind me later that I have something to tell you, okay? About all the... weird crap that's been happening." He took a sip from his pint glass.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Rose blinked at the text and replied 'looks like he's gonna perform, do you want to come and join me and Alex?' She kicked Alex again before she peered at josh through her pale eyes "alright then" she said simply. The naturally fiery female grumbled quietly to herself whilst glaring at Alex the poor man was bearing the brunt of her annoyance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Alex let out a yelp as he was kicked again.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: --
Thomas smiled a bit, replying, 'Sure, where at? I'll head over.'

Joshua blinked as Alex yelped. It was fairly obvious that he'd been kicked. Josh looked at Rose, questioningly. "Okay, then. It's nothing bad, I don't think. Possibly useful." He smiled at her as he sipped at his brew, waiting to be called up.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Texting thomas the location she drummed her fingers on the table thinking to herself, she looked down at the table before she slipped her hand up to her arm and scratched a little at the scab that had appeared on her forearm. She had no idea how she had gotten it only that it had started off as a spider bite and well now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Joshua gave a bit of a sigh as she seemingly ignored him. He heard his name called and bit his lip for a second. He set the beer down on the table and smiled slightly, "I'll be back for this." He turned and headed up to the stage, grabbing his guitar and pulling the strap over his head. Josh sat in a chair on the small corner stage, adjusting the microphone down to his level. He didn't usually sit. Normally, he was standing but, this song, he felt, required something more gentle. He positioned the guitar and then raised his head to speak into the microphone, "This song is called Yellow, it's by Coldplay." He lowered his gaze to his guitar and began a gentle strumming, starting into the song. His fingers moved delicately as he plucked out the various notes, adjusting his guitar as needed.
"Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called "Yellow".

So then I took my turn,
Oh what the things have done,
And it was all yellow."
He began to smile as he sang, his voice pure. He sang differently then he had in the park, more seriously. His eyes went from one of his hands, to the other everytime he added in a knew part to the music. The rest of the time, he looked at the barely visible crowd watching him. His eyes fell on Rose, briefly, just before he looked down at his guitar to begin the chorus.
"Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into
Something beautiful,
You know,
You know I love you so,
You know I love you so."
His smile was a little wider as he went into the rather gentle guitar solo. In his head, he could briefly remember pale yellow sails on a black ship, Rose captaining it. He didn't pause a beat as the memory surfaced, continuing playing. His eyes flicked back up to Rose just before the words began again and he looked towards other parts of the audience.
"I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do.
'Cause you were all yellow,

I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all yellow.

Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into
Something beautiful,
And you know,
For you I'd bleed myself dry,
For you I'd bleed myself dry."
He kept up the steady motions of his hands, making the motions as small as possible, making the music and the words the focus, rather than himself. His rather charming smile stayed in place, however, as he sang. Upon coming to the second chorus, his eyes, unbidden, flicked up to Rose once more at the last two lines. 'For you I'd bleed myself dry...' Somehow, he knew he would. It was an odd thing to say but, for her, he could see himself doing that.
"It's true,
Look how they shine for,
Look how they shine."
He tapped his foot in a beat for the repeating. The thoughts that he'd had... they didn't even bother him. They should have but, they didn't. He was
happy with them. His smile grew a little. His eyes closed as he sang. As he came to the last couple of lines, he opened them again, looking over the crowd, eyes lingering on Rose for a short moment before going back to his fingers on the guitar strings.
"Look at the stars,
And all the things that you do."
As he finished the song, he gave a simple strummed chord, looking at his guitar to do so. That done, he lifted his gaze, smiling, and bowed his head.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Listening to the song Rose smiled slightly, resting her chin on her hands her elbows resting on the battered table. Her pale green eyes were focused on Joshua as she listened to the song, half aware of the way his eyes flicked to her the most often she was more switched off and just listening to the words interlacing with the music. At the words 'for you i'd bleed myself dry' a memory made her feel slightly dizzy, soft hands digging bullets out of someones back sewing the flesh back together and moving around to smirk with laughter. There was no pain in this memory, it was a gentle one, a loving one, one that made her faint flush light up her throat and lower half of her face. The next verse about the stars teased forth another memory, this one was of her and the man who was singing, singing together under a star studded indigo sky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Bar / With: Rose, Alex
Joshua stood as he was clapped for. He unplugged his guitar and then put it into it's case. He stashed the guitar case behind the bar as he normally did. Once done, he headed back over to the table Rose and Alex were at. This time, he did sit, "I really hope you don't mind me joining you. If you do, just say so and I'm gone." He smiled a bit, pulling his pint glass over to him. He noticed the faint blush and raised an eyebrow, however, he stayed silent about it, sipping on his beer.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:58 pm

"I don't care either way" she stated returning to her original position she ordered some food and sat waiting for it to appear. She didn't partake in alcohol not liking the taste nor what it did to her mentally, she lowered her gaze back to the table
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Joshua blinked at her, frowning a bit, "Did... did I do something wrong?" When texting her, she'd seemed, he thought, like she'd wanted to come. Now she wouldn't even look at him. He chewed on his lip a little before taking another sip. Alex looked between the two of them, not liking this whole 'stay silent' thing. He ordered a basket of tater tots covered in cheese, as well as a Dr. Pepper, and then fell silent again, just listening between Josh and Rose.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Rose glanced up and shook her head "no, you're fine" she smiled slightly before she nudged alex with a foot, he could talk now just as long as he avoided talking about rose. She tapped her fingers anxiously on the top of the table, her foot twitching. There were plenty of people here and that generally made her slightly anxious, though she wasn't as bad as Tobias, she shifted her weight before she saw the boss of the place. Ralph. She stared at him eyes filling horrorstruck recognition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Joshua nodded slightly, sighing. He watched as her eyes fell on Ralph. He leaned over to her ear, whispering to where she could hear, "Don't let him get near you..." He'd been around long enough to know Ralph's reputation. If he had any say in it, the large man was getting nowhere near Rose. Ever. He sipped on the beer just a little before speaking at a normal volume. "So... does Alex know? Is it something I can mention?" He meant about the visions.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 pm

"Trust me, if that pig even gets within arms reach he'll have a dagger in his groin" came the quiet reply, stretching and leaning back she shrugged "he knows some parts, but not others" she glanced up as her food arrived. Lana raising her eyebrows at Joshua before she flicked her eyes over at Ralph warning him or rather trying to warn him without saying anything. She walked off as haytham took the stage, strumming up a tune on his own accoustic guitar he tapped the beat out as he began to sing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Joshua noted Lana's expression and clenched a bit. Ralph wouldn't be getting near Rose, he would make sure of that. He sighed, whispering to Rose as Haytham began playing, "We aren't the only ones having the memories. There are, at least, two other people..." As a fellow musician, he then shut up, watching Haytham in silence, keeping an eye one Ralph at the same time.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Bar / With: --
Thomas entered halfway through Haytham's song. He smiled a bit, standing in the back of the group, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed. He just stood there, watching Haytham. Once the man got off stage, he'd catch him and speak with him. He spotted Rose and Alex. Sitting next to Rose was the man they'd seen in the park the day before. The one who'd been in a couple of his memories.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Rose raised her eyebrows murmuring back "we should probbaly try to figure out how many of us there are and try to figure out what is causing them" glancing up rose saw Thomas and gestured for him to join them her pale eyes worked up with the visions or memories or whatever in the name of hades left nipple they were!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Joshua nodded a bit in response. Well, if Alex knew and hadn't said anything, himself, then Josh supposed it was easy enough to say that Alex wasn't having them. He kept up his listening, glancing over at Ralph every once in awhile. Hopefully, having two men over here would deter him. A third sat down. All right, three males.

Thomas had sat down quietly. He would move away from the table to speak with Haytham, however. But, for the moment, he sat there beside Alex. He glanced at Alex and Rose and then nodded a greeting to Josh before turning his attention fully on Haytham.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Haytham had seen Thomas as he had gotten off the stage glad that that ordeal was over, Ralph had requested that he play and he wasn't so stupid to think that he had a choice. He moved over to where the others were murmuring in his velvet voice "do you mind if i join you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Thomas smiled a bit as Haytham asked. Figuring it would be all right with the others, he motioned to pull a chair up. His attention turned to Josh for a moment, "I saw you yesterday." Josh sighed, "Park, right?" Thomas nodded, "I'm Thomas." He held out his hand. Josh smiled a bit, "Joshua. Or Josh." He shook the hand, pausing a moment at the suddenness of the vision. He saw this man, a gun aimed at his back. He shouted something, rushing to stop the person holding the gun. It was fired. He let go of his hand, watching him a bit awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Haytham sat down and Murmured "I am haytham, nice to meet you Joshua, a fellow Musician i take it" he gestured toward Josh's guitar case. He lifted his dark eyes only when he spoke, when he wasn't speaking his eyes were directed down toward his lap.

Lana watched them all, keeping well away from Ralph who was in a silent rage, she didn't feel comfortable with him like this but she refused to let it show. Instead she kept up her mocking mask that pissed him off all the more, at least he couldn't attack her out here he would wait until later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Joshua recovered from what he'd seen and looked over to Haytham, "I am, yes." He smiled a bit, "You were quite good up there." It was clear from the looks some of the staff gave Josh that they weren't used to him hanging around and just... talking to people.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Rose picke dup on this and the looks reinforced her opinion that he was a flirtatious womanizer, it also helped her make herself believe that he wasn't singing the song because of her. he was only looking at her because he was a male, she knew full well that she wasn't anything special
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Thomas hadn't gotten any visions when shaking Josh's hand but, he had felt the man's hand tense and seen him pause. Perhaps coincidence. He gave a sigh and looked over at Haytham, "Can I talk to you for a moment?" His words implied the 'alone'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: