The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Reading through the answer, she glanced up at Jules when he knocked on the door and leaned on the frame, a grin teased out of her at his words "I have an actual reason to keep it charged you mean?" setting it back down again she finished drying her hair and began the ordeal of brushing it. "Yeah in a week or so, it'll be good" it'd been pleasant to be out on the sea even though it was with others she didn't really want to let into her world. It had been fun at least, "You'll be alright out here on your own old man?"she asked a little teasingly before wincing as her brush got caught on a knot, "He's doing well, and has managed to get over most of his issues with it. I'll give him a ride when I get back, I'd hate for it to turn to shit and then leave it on a bad note" she admitted pausing to start to detangle the clump of hair with her fingers instead of the brush
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Julian nodded, grinning back at her. “Good, the water’s good for you. About time you got off this farm for a bit.” Coming in, he took the brush and tugged it through the knot, gently untangling it for her. “There you go. Good news about Killian, too. A few months rest should do him some good as well, lets him think over what you’re teaching him. Saw you lunging him this morning, he’s doing well it seems. Want me to do anything with him while you’re gone?” Ruffling her hair gently, he head out of her room and back to the kitchen. “Come on kid, dinner’s almost cold waiting for you.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Letting Julian have the brush and sort out the knot she listened to his words quietly, she had a great respect for the man who raised her and loved him so much. Getting up she followed him through the house and over to where her dinner was, preferring to sleep with her hair out her black hair was left to follow along behind her instead of trapped in its usual braid. Hungry after a long hard days work she happily scoffed dinner and saw to their plates, as usual since he'd made dinner she did the washing up. Once that was all done she sat down and pushed her hair out of her face quietly thinking about her horse as well as the trip out to sea which she was excited and somewhat nervous about. Tucking herlegs underneath herself on the couch she hummed softly to herself
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Content with a quiet dinner, Julian checked on the horses while she did the washing up, coming back in to light the fire and settle down with a book on the couch with her. “So anything you want me to do with the stallion?” he asked softly, poking her gently and tickling her. “You’re quiet tonight, kiddo. Worried about something?” He tilted his head a little, pushing the strands of hair that had fallen out of his ponytail out of his face. “Unsure about heading out to sea again, pirate girl?” He reached over to her to tug on her black locks, giving her a gentle smile. “Your brother's home in a couple of days too. Time for his holidays. You going to be around with him for a while to help him settle again?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Not really hearing anything until she was tickled she laughed a moment then shrugged "Keep bitting him and leaving him in the cross ties to deal with it once a week if you've got the time dad" when he mentioned the sea she shrugged "Being on the sea's good, its just dealing with people, they're not so bad its just" she was scared of letting them close to her. Settled own in the corner of the couch she sighed, at least there was the phone so she could always call home if something came up and that helped out alot. River loved being out in the water as much as she did if not more, her dragon was curled up infront of the fire groomings itself its long whiskers flicking as it did so. Brightenng up a little when he mentioned Jory she nodded "yeah its a week and a bit before I'm due back at the docks so, how long are his holidays?" would he be here when she got back was her main question, jory was important to her despite not being the smartest kid on the block he had a good heart and was the only one of Jules's fosters she considered family
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Nodding, he settled close to lean on her and opened his book. “Alright, I can do that. Mel’s back in a few days to help out. He’s doing pretty well for what he’s been through. I’m proud of you both, you’ve done so well with him.” Looking up at her, he placed his finger in the book to bookmark it, and studied her. “He should be back a couple of months this time I think. Winter breaks usually two months, no?” He was pretty sure it was a two month break. The boy was doing so well at school for his music, he was so proud of him. Resting his head on her arm, he opened his book again to the page he’d been on. “He’ll be clingy around you,” he said absently. “He wasn’t happy at all when you vanished.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 pm

The Two month break was a relief, Alex had reckoned she'd be gone about a month or so, which left another month to spend time with her younger brother "He's a good kid, he's doing so well at that school Saoirse found for him" she knew that Jory had self esteem issues and thought of himself as stupid. His first foster family hadn't been at all helpful in that respect either, he was street smart enough and was a real whiz with his music so she was content. "Mels been gone a fair while this time, you're missing her" she commented quietly not bothered by her father leaning against her and using her arm for a head rest. She wanted Jory to find someone like Jules had mel, she'd long since given up finding someone who was meant for her and had before Oliver contented herself with going through a partner every few years or so. Now she wanted nothing to do with that, she would be happy just spending her life with the horses and at the sea as long as she could
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Julian nodded in agreement. “Soairse’s done so well by him, he’s grown so much with his self esteem too.” Yawning softly, he gave a sigh, watching the fire for a while. “Yeah, she’ll be exhausted when she comes. She’ll rest a bit then be able to help out. And with the kid home, there’ll be more than enough hands to help with the horses. Don’t you worry about me being alone.” Glancing up at her again, he gave her a quiet smile. “You’ll be back before he heads off again then? That’ll please him, it’s his birthday soon too. Need to find something for him. He’s sixteen.” He didn’t try poking her about finding a partner, he knew her take on it right now. But the Alex boy seemed quite promising, since she was keeping her phone alive for him. He was hopeful about it, but he wasn’t going to push it. This was something for her to figure out for herself.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 pm

At his mention of Jorys birthday Claire grinned "You're getting slack dad, Sha and I brought our present to him a few months ago" She frowned a little after a moment "I don't know if I'll be back in time for his actual birthday date though" the shadow master commented quietly "Saoirse will be around for it though she wants to do baking with you again for this year" her thoughts regarding the sea were put on hold as she considered everything for her brothers birthday this year "Apparently she wants to make a guitar shaped cake, Renee said she was considering shifting to help you with the baking and making of food part of it shes fond of him" infact aside from Julian and herself Jory was the only person who could catch Renee let alone do anything with her, tucking her black hair back behind her ears Claire sighed softly wriggling her bare toes underneath her and letting her gaze drift to the fire
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Julian just grinned up at her. “I’m sure I’ll find something for him, then. Maybe a few books to join his library.” It wasn’t like the boy really needed any more books. Between the three of them, there was barely room for any more books. “Am I going to need to build a new bookcase, kiddo?” Luckily for him, he was well practised at it now, and it would be an easy day’s work to build one. Considering Renee’s request, he nodded. “Sure, I won’t stop her from doing anything. She’s done so much for the boy too, with his confidence and opening up.” Reaching over the back of the couch for the blanket, he draped it over her and rested his head on her arm again. “He’ll want to talk to you when he comes home. Always does, he chatting to you more than he does me.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 am

Yawning she leaned her head against the arm rest feeling somewhat sleepy, "We'll end up like Angus's house if we're not careful" she had her shadows taking care of the place for him now he spent most of his time as a horse. Happy when the blanket was draped over her she closed her eyes well prepared to fall asleep there with him, "he'll have plenty of things to tell me hopefully" she liked listening to him, he was an interesting kid and she was quite glad they'd managed to get him out of his previous foster home. Soon enough it came time to go and pick him up, quite eager to see him she was at the airport early, she hated the blasted places but they served a purpose. Hanging about waiting impatiently when she finally spotted him her features lit up "Hey little brother ,its been a bit" she greeted the young musician fondly
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 am

Carting his guitar and suitcase, the boy’s face lit up when he saw his sister, and he darted over to give her a very brief but tight hug. He wasn't a fan of hugs, not after his first foster family, but he made an exception sometimes for Claire. “Claire, you’re back!” It’d been so long, he hadn’t even been able to call her while she’d been out on the sea. “How long have you been home? Jules didn’t tell me.” He took a step back and grinned at her, now nearly the same height as her. He’d had another growth spurt while being away, and tugged on her hair cheekily. “Everyone’s okay? Renee?” He missed the white mare like he always did, but he was home for two months this time, and he couldn’t wait to show Saoirse the new things he’d learned.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Returning the quick but tight hug she grinned seeing he was nearly the same height as her "Do I need to strap a brick to your head to stop you from sprouting up higher than me kiddo?" She queried laughter twinkling in her eyes "I've been home about two months, i've got another couple of weeks before i head out to sea for a month and then back home" tweaking his earlobe just as cheekily when he tugged her hair she nodded "Yeah Rose is as foul tempered as ever, and Renee's been missing you" leaving out that Renee hadn't let Jules or herself catch her the past few weeks she figured it was because the grey mare had a strong bond with the boy. Ruffling his hair she wandered with him and soon enough she was driving them home as usual letting him pick what music he wanted to as long as it wasn't too outlandish. Happy once they were home again she got out and stretched in the sun a little amused as the white mare recognized them and cantered over to the fence calling out for the boy
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 pm

He ducked his head, going shy as she mentioned his height. “How long are you away for?” Following her to the car, he fiddled with the radio before finding the only station that he turned it to and settled back, glad that things were still the same. “You’ll be back before I go back?” Slightly anxious about it, he glanced at her, hoping that she would be. It didn’t feel like holidays when she wasn’t around, and her not being around messed his routine anyway. Going quiet again for the rest of the car trip, he was out nearly before it stopped, leaving his bags in the car for the moment while he darted over to Renee. Ducking through the fence, he hugged the mare tightly. “You’re all dirty and knotted and tangled,” he scolded her, disliking it. Trying to ignore the fluttering in his stomach about it not being right, he leaned his head on her neck, shutting his eyes. “Missed you,” he murmured.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 pm

"Just a month, so you'll have another month with me before you head back" she replied in her usual calm way that she'd picked up from Jules. He was a quirky kid and she was fairly sure he had some sort of autism to him, he was so similar in ways to Melissa and they got along surprisingly well together. Watching as he darted over to renee, the mare lowered her neck to press her head into him from beind in a sort of horse hug. Lifting her head she turned an eye to look back at him Didn't feel like being caught for a while sweetie, the horse sometimes gets the better of me very fond of the boy she leaned into him quite glad that he was home where he belonged, nudging him a little teasingly she added I guess you'd better get to work grooming and detangling me, ah the joys of owning grey horses, we get dirty every time we're turned back out hmm? she used her whiskers on her muzzle to tickle him seeing the boy as if he was one of her own offspring.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 9:31 pm

He was already running his fingers through her mane to try and detangle the tough strands. Pleased that the horse smell was still the same too, he hugged her again, giggling a little when she tickled him. “Come on then,” he said softly, twining his fingers in her mane and leading her over to the gate. “Stay here. Gotta do it properly.” Patting her between the eyes, he went to find the specific halter that was hers. Getting anxious when he couldn’t find it in its spot, he eventually saw it, and collected it to catch the mare and tether her at the grooming area they used. Beginning to brush her, he didn’t notice Julian wandering out to join Claire, the stock man settling in one of the chairs on the deck with her. “How’s the kid? Still going okay?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Coming with him obediently Renee waited at the gate enjoying the warm sun, very very quiet for him she ambled along after him lazily and let him tether her there. Putting one leg at rest she flicked a fly that was annoying her and as he began brushing her, her lips twitched and her eyes closed enjoying the attention. She quietly prodded the boy wanting to know about everything that'd happened with him while he'd been away, choosing not to go into details about what had happened with claire. She half lifted her head to glance at Killian and satisfied that he was okay she lowered her head again. She'd left the kids stuff in the car to get out on his own, watching him with renee she was quietly relieved that the mare finally let herself be caught "She's fond of him, hm? Yeah he seems to be, growing like a mushroom" choosing just to sit on the deck and rest her feet on the ground, Claire smiled fondly watching the boy affectionately
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Humming quietly to himself as he brushed the mare, the boy easily fell back into the routine, finding comfort in the familiar motions. Very single-mindedly grooming the mare, he made sure that there were no bits of dirt on her coat, and untangled all of her mane and tail before he was done. Whenever she asked questions, he answered them, giving only what she asked for like he always did. He glanced over at the black stallion, curious about him, but didn’t ask, or go near him. He was scared of the powerful creature, Renee being the only horse that he even remotely went near voluntarily. Stretching, Julian nodded. “He has shot up again. Seems happy to be home, hopefully he's still happy at the school. He’s very good with Renee though. She’s wonderful with him.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Claire just nodded, swinging her legs back and forth out of habit, pleased that at least Killian stayed away from the boy and didn't try to hurt him she yawned briefly tired after a bad nights sleep. Rubbing her eyes Claire sighed supposing that there was work she should go and do although all she wanted to do was curl up in the sun and nap for a while. Instead she just got up onto her feet finding herself looking forward to going back out to sea and headed towards the tack shed, there were horses to work and hanging about day dreaming of being upon the waves of the sea once more wouldn't do any good except make her feel the painful tug of her heart.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 pm

The boy hummed softly to himself as he groomed the mare, glad that he was back home again. Noticing his sister, he leaned over Renee’s back for a moment, watching her curiously. “What’re you doing, Claire?” He was almost finished with the gentle horse anyway. Fishing about for a piece of carrot, he offered it to her and turned her back out into the paddock, pleased that she was looking much better now. Heading over to Claire, he leaned affectionately against her for a second, the movement as close to a hug as he usually got. “Who’re you going to work with?” Watching Renee mingle with her mate, he considered her for a while. She was more Claire's horse really, as much as he enjoyed grooming her. Maybe one day Claire would help him find a small horse just for himself.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Hearing a familiar voice, Claire turned and smiled seeing her little brother, not minding the affectionate lean against her for a second the woman studied him and then his gaze as he watched Renee nuzzle her stallion. Deciding to abandon what work she was going to do she ruffled the boys hair "Well, it was going to be a surprise but I think you're ready for a horse of your own to tame and look after when you're home at the farm" Claire informed her younger brother with a grin, taking him to the kill pens to pick out a subject for himself was a better idea in her opinion after all it was all too likely she'd be heading back out on the ocean soon and he'd need something to keep him busy. "Ready to go and see what we can find?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Looking at Claire in surprise, the boy blinked for a few moments, taking in the statement. “A horse for me?” He frowned a little, unsure if it was going to be okay. “You don’t have work to do?” He did want a horse for himself, Renee didn’t feel quite his any more, and the black stallion was just scary. Fiddling with the edge of his shirt, he studied the hills behind the farmhouse for a while, thinking it all through very carefully. Finally nodding, he flicked a glance towards his sister. “Okay. Where from?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Nodding in response to his question about a horse for him, she shrugged at his question about having work to do, she could procrastinate it for a few hours at the very least "Local kill pens, thats where I got my first horse from" a tough little brumby that like most of them went straight to dog tucker. Gesturing for him to follow her she and he were soon at the pens. Getting out and keeping close to him knowing he'd dislike the hoardes of people that usually hung around, buying and selling various stock from horses to cattle. The horse kill pens were tucked out of the way, often missed by peopl ethat weren't looking for it. Flicking her gaze over the various horses there was one that stood out to her quite quickly, a Gypsy cob, nice enough it had to be a pure bred. It was grossly over weight, looked like it'd foundered and hadn't had its hooves down in years. It was covered in mud and wounds from being picked on from other horses in the pens, its long mane and tail were caked in mud and dreadlocked while her feathers were absolutely filthy and looked like they'd have to be shaved off. The mare seemed to be terrified and was away from the other horses shaking, an intelligence in her eye and the brand on her shoulder confirmed her suspicions on where this mare had come from.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Nodding, he followed her, hopping into the truck and picking the usual radio station that he liked to listen to. It made the trips better. Sticking close to Claire, and very much disliking the crowds and the noise, he followed his sister to the pens that were out of the way of everything else, like they were trying to hide them. Unsure what he was supposed to be looking for, he glanced at Claire, confused. “What do I do?” he murmured, edging closer to her. There were so many horses here, and so many people. It confused him, and he didn’t know what to do. Looking at the horses again while he waited for Claire’s answer, he studied the very fat brown and white one. He didn’t know whether the brown was from mud or the horse’s actual coat colour, but he wanted to take a closer look at the small thing. He just waited for his sister, intending to follow her lead and hopefully get out of the crowd and the noise as soon as he could.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Glancing down at him when he asked what to do she watched where his eyes went and noticed they'd also found the mare. "Go up to her and talk to her, see if she'll let you near her" she didn't seem the type who'd lash out out of fear if anything she reminded Claire of renee, slipping into the pen as well to keep an eye on the other horses who she didn't trust as far as she could boot them and there were several she could guess why they were here. When the boy approached her, the mare perked her ears at him watching him warily and quite timidly although she made no attempt to hurt him. He was a lot smaller than the others who'd hurt her in the past and seemed as uncomfortable in this place as she was, in a great deal of pain she tried to remove the flies that were hanging around the vicious bite wounds with her tail only to find the dreadlocked heavy thing was of no help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: