The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Looking at Claire again when she spoke, he nodded slightly, still very unsure of what to do. Renee was okay to work with, she could talk to him and tell him if he was messing up, but normal horses couldn’t do that, so he avoided them. Keeping on the outside of the pen, he edged closer to the mare, watching her curiously. She didn’t look like she’d hurt him, and she looked like she was so sore. Claire’s movements caught his eye, and he glanced over at her again to watch her as she moved into the pen. Leaning on the fence closest to the mare, he studied the horse again, wondering why she looked so fat. Maybe she had worms? Claire said those weren’t any good for horses to have. She had the same brand that Renee and Killian had though, so maybe that was why his sister was so interested in her? He didn’t know, and he didn’t really know how to ask. So he stayed where he was, leaning on the fence to watch the small animal, and see what she did.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Millie the little brown and white mare who currently looked all brown and well over weight wanted to go closer to the boy, however it hurt too much to move heck it hurt enough standing although she got the feeling if she laid down she'd never get back up. She kept shifting her weight trying to find a position that didn't hurt, her head jerked up quickly and her nostrils flared as a couple of the other horses in the pen moved about. Sidling away from them and ending up with her side pressed against the furthermost fence from them in clear pain as she did so. Frightened of the other horses her little nostrils remained flared as she panted a little, she wanted to be out of this place and wanted so desperately to be safe and sound. her feet hurt, the bites hurt, a soft worried little nicker escaped her accentuating her feelings.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 am

Frowning, Jory watched the little mare, trying to work out what was wrong with her. Spotting Claire, he asked her quietly, hoping that she’d be able to clear up his confusion. “Is she hurting, Claire? She’s moving funny.” It was the only thing he could think of, but he was very unsure of himself. The sales yards were just as loud and as crowded as ever, and he just wanted to go home. He didn’t like it here at all. Sidling as close to his sister as he could get, he tried to get away from all the noise. “It’s too noisy,” he said quietly, unsure how much longer he could be okay with it all. “When can we go?” The little mare interested him, and he would have liked to get to know her a bit more, but he couldn’t deal with the noise for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Studying her younger brother when he came over to her and began asking when they could go, it seemed to her that he quite liked the mare and so she smiled slightly "HOld on a tic kiddo" after finding the man in charge of the kill pen she paid for the mare and took herself and jory out where they were away from the crowds. Ringing Jules she explained the situation "Jory's found a mare he likes, she's from ices and looks like she's foundered could you come pick her up? She's in no fit condition to be walkng home unfortunately" once her father had agreed to come and get the mare she turned to Jory "Come on we need to get her to where dad will be parking" getting him to halter the mare she let him lead her at his pace. Thankful when they were outside she flicked her gaze to the sky her thoughts quickly drifting off now there was nothing that required her immediate attention for a few moments
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Giving her a nod, Jory stayed where he was, watching the brown mare curiously. When Claire came back, he looked over at her. “Why is she so sore, Claire?” Tentatively haltering the mare, he was very careful to go the little mare’s pace, scared to hurt her more before Jules and Claire could have a proper look at her. Getting antsy with all the noise and the crowds, he stuck close to Claire as they walked, breathing a little easier when things got less hectic. It didn’t take long for Julian to turn up with the truck and float, and he hopped out to eye the mare. “She’s pretty bad, kiddo. Sure we’ll be able to save her?” The poor mare was covered in bites and mud and who knew what else.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Claire smiled at Jory as he queried about the mare and explained "Basically its called Founder or Laminitis, because she's gotten so over weight the bones in her feet have rotated and are now starting to grow out the bottom of her feet. I've got some experiences with this so im positive we can help her feel better although she's your pony and so your responsibility Kiddo" She was always happy to explain to the boy why things happened the way they did, watching as the mare attempted to drag Jory over to some grass she allowed the boy to tend to it himself. She'd only intervene if he asked or if the situation got out of hand, as her father came over Claire shrugged and murmured quietly "The shadows will help, but she's one of Ices I couldn't justify leaving her in there" besides it looked like the mare had taken a shine to Jory, the horses that came out of Ices often usually bonded with just one person and often picked that person right from the start.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Listening carefully, Jory nodded, and let the lead slip through his hands as the mare lunged for some grass. He didn’t quite understand why she was so hungry when she was so fat, but he let her gobble at the grass, looking over at Claire and waiting. Julian gave the boy a quick smile. “Alright, we’ll see what we can do for her. See if you can get her in the float, Jory. She seems to like you.” Like Claire, he’d only interfere if he really had to. It was good for the boy to learn some independency. Jory hesitated, glancing at Claire before tugging gently on the lead rope of the mare. “Come on,”he said softly, still very unsure of how he was supposed to do this. But he wanted to try, and now that there were less crowds and less noise, he was a bit calmer. Very, very gently, he led the mare to the float that Jules had opened for them, letting her take her time until she was finally in there. Knowing what to do now, he tethered the mare as Julian close the tailgate, and took a quiet step back. “She’s all muddy, Claire. Can we fix that too?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Claire nodded when he looked at her, and watched rather happily as he tugged the lead rope and lead the mare the mare over to the float. The mare was obviously in pain, being reluctant to move, and each step she took only showed how lame the poor thing was, it took her nearly twenty minutes to get fully onto the float. Kind and wanting to be good but scared of hurting more, finally on board she jerked her head up a little worriedly as the man lifted and closed the back door. She glanced about before focusing on the young boy who didn't scare her as much as the adults did, testing the rope and finding she was tied fast she sighed and did her best to brace herself figuring that this strange box thing would be carrying her to her new home. Keeping a sharp eye on him Claire nodded at his question "Yep we sure can! what we're going to do when we get back is fence off one of the paddocks that have been grazed right down so she's got a big track to walk around. We'll soak hay and leave it in slow feeder nets strewn about the track so she has to walk from net to net. So while I'm fencing the paddock off you can give her a bath, like what you did with Neddie" she explained with a grin "We should get back home then, Jules will take good care of getting her home" walking with him back to the truck they'd driven here in the first place Claire got in and once he was ready started the drive home.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 pm

He was worried about the mare, and really just wanted to pat her and tell her that everything was okay. But he knew better than that, what if she got more scared from him touching her. So he just made sure that she was going to be okay and watched as Jules drove off with the float trundling along behind the other truck. Hoping that the mare would be okay with everything, Jory listened carefully to what his sister was saying, frowning a little as he followed her. “Why will we soak the hay? And why does she need to keep walking? Because she’s so fat?” Hopping in the truck, he fiddled with the radio to get it to the right station, then glanced at her again. “So wash her and bush her and hose her off like always?” He already very much liked the brown coloured mare, and he wanted to help her so much. “Is she going to be okay?” He wanted her to be okay, so much.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

"Soaking the hay takes most of the goodness out of it, so she can still have something to fill her belly but she wont gain weight over it, keeping her walking is important because thats how horses were designed to digest their food, the walking will help her loose some weight too. Washing wise yep thats exactly what we're going to do except youre going to do it and you can ask me for advice, she's your pony so you get to do all the work" A smile flicked onto her face as he asked if the small mare would be okay, "Yeah she will be, with you and I helping her she'll be as right as rain kiddo" stopping the truck and hopping out Claire smiled quite happily into the sunlight. She was so happy here, even though there was always a part of her that longed to be at sea, however it was something she was used to having to ignore. She watched as Jules pulled up with the float and spoke to jory again "Right jules will help you unload her while i set up a jenny craig paddock" she gathered some standards and tape before heading off to one of the paddocsk that'd been grazed down
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Listening carefully, Jory nodded, pleased that she’d explained for him. “But walking was hurting her. Or are you going to fix her feet too?” Hopping out of the truck when she did, he looked at her while she answered his question and then trotted over to Jules, watching as the stockman lowered the float tailgate. “Alright, kid, back her out. She likes you, remember? And Claire reckons you’ll do just fine with her.” He watched as the boy did as he was told, studying the mare to see just what was wrong with her. She was grossly overweight the poor thing, and her feet had to be painful. They looked almost too bad for them to fix, but he didn’t say that thought out loud. “Take her over to the washbay and give her a good wash, but be gentle. Those bites will be rather painful, okay?” Happy when Jory nodded, the stockman put the float away, and went to the paddock to give his daughter a hand with the fencing. Keeping an absent eye on the boy with the small mare, he spoke quietly with Claire. “She’s in a bad way, bear,” he murmured, helping with the fencing. “That founder is awful, I don’t know what we’ll be able to do.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Guessing from the size of the mare that they'd need plenty of tape and two strands of it so she couldn't go under, Claire had been humming to herself as she worked. Glancing up she greeted her father with a brief smile as he came over to her "I'm going to use my shadows to fix that as best as i can" and she wouldn't be telling jory that either there was no point worrying him more by telling him that the mare needed attention from her shadows to survive. She was well aware that using her shadows to heal the mare that looked to her like a pure bred gypsy cob would make herself all the more tired and irritable for a while but it'd be worth it. Once she'd finished putting the paddock together and hooking it up so it was electric and sighed to herself pushing loose strands of hair back behind her ears,"I'd better go see how he's doing then" her green gaze held determination that clearly stated she wouldn't be told no when it came to doing everything to save the mare. Heading back to where Jory was she set to work soaking hay before idly watching him wash the mare who to her surprise actually had some white on her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 am

Julian just nodded, helping her fix up the fence, and didn’t bother to try and talk her out of using her shadows. She’d always been a determined thing, and she did love the kid as a brother. Seeing that they were fine with washing the fat little mare, and went to catch Rose, wanting to do some work with her and teach her some new things. The boy seemed to be humming softly to himself, and Julian watched carefully as the black stallion lifted his head and wandered over. Sometimes he didn’t trust the big black horse, he had the potential to be more than dangerous. Killian stood at the fence curiously, watching the little mare before offering a quiet welcoming nicker to her. She was obviously scared, but there was always a reason behind Claire getting new horses. Jory looked up at the noise, wary like always about the huge horse. He was doing his best with the mare, being ever so careful around the deep bites in her hide, and slowly washing all the mud and the blood off her. Spotting Claire, he gave her a small smile. “She’s brown and white, Claire! But the bites looks so painful.” He paused to inspect a few, his face worried. “Can we fix them too?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Returning the smile she walked over "So she is, I never would have guessed" her smile faded slightly at the bites, knowing she wouldn't have enough energy to fix her founder and the bites she held up a hand to ask him to wait then vanished into the barn soon returning with parts of the first aid kit she and jules had put together over the years. "Yep what we'll do is we'll use this stuff to flush the bites and get any extra bugs out, then we can apply this cream and it should help but you'll have to wash and apply it every day yeah?" Petting the wee mare she carefully demonstrated to Jory how to do as she'd said. It was good to see that he cared about the mare so much all ready, it would be good for him to have such a responsibility all of his own, overseeing him do the first few she left him too it and continued along with her chores as usual available if her young brother decided that he needed her help. After doing most of her chores she ducked into Killian and renees paddock, greeting them both and offering the large black stallion a carrot.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Inspecting one of the deeper bites, Jory looked up when Claire came back over, watching how she did it. The mare was finally clean of mud and she looked so different now. Being very careful, he tended to the rest of her bites, and offered her some carrot out of habit. Every horse got carrot after being good, so it didn’t cross his mind to do anything different with this one. Eyeing the tangled muddy and knotted long hairs around her hooves, the boy frowned. He wasn’t sure what to do about those yet. Making sure that the mare was secure, he trotted over to the fence, watching the black stallion as he nickered happily at his sister and headed over to take the carrot. Nudging his human gently, Killian nibbled on her shirt, sniffing for more carrot. Who’s the mare? Another of Ice’s. Shaking out his thick mane, he leaned his head on her shoulder affectionately, comfortable with her. Going for a ride today?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Rubbing the stallions forehead as he accepted the carrot, smiling as he nibbled at her shirt before looking for more food, not noticing Jory until after Killian spoke to her, Claire responded to the horse first "Yeah I believe so, seems to be rather timid but kind and appears to like Jory more than us, I was looking to get him a horse of his own anyway so it seems to be a good match. She's foundered pretty bad but i'll do my best to fix her" keeping her voice down so her brother couldn't hear about the fact that his mares life was in peril at this point in time, Claire looked over at Jory once again and called out "What is it kiddo?" she brushed her fingers gently through the black mane of the stallion unknotting it gently with her fingers as she went. Going for a ride sounded like fun, with the mare here that'd require her attention she wasn't sure she was going to have the energy to fight with the horse about getting a bit into his mouth. Perhaps once the mare was safe she'd broach it again, but for now she just wanted an easy stress free fun ride with her horse.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Leaning his head against her shoulder again, the stallion’s eyes part closed, enjoying the attention. He was getting bored in the paddock again, which was why he’d asked to go for a ride, but he didn’t push for now, not with the kid there. Wary of the stallion, Jory stayed where he was, answering her question. “What do I do now?” he asked simply. “All clean. Her feathers are messy still though.” Frowning about it, he tried to work out what to do next. He wasn’t sure if she was needed worming, or if his sister wanted to have a better look at her, so he’d come over to check with what to do next. “Are you going to go for a ride again on him? Is he better with a bit now?” Killian snorted softly at the words, sniffing out the other pieces of carrots in Claire’s pockets and poking his nose in the pockets to get at them. Bitless ride, he said softly, not letting the boy hear him. Want to do a fun ride.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Considering it it Claire replied "Wash them, use conditioner and some baby oil to help you loosen the knots, once they're clean trim them very short with some scissors and i'll clip them after they've dried. Worm her too if you can, she seems quiet enough for you to do it by yourself, theres a wormer in the shed. Gonna take him for a fun ride kiddo" amused when the black stallion agreed, she removed his nose from her pocket and made him back up before rewarding him with the carrot. Wandering over to the fence she collected the stallions halter and lead, catching him and leading him to where she gave him a good brushing. She'd braided his mane as other wise it got knotty and in his way, clipping the reins to his halter she scrambled up onto him bareback and petted his neck, he was rather round so she'd be comfortable enough taking him for a ride without a saddle
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:58 pm

The boy nodded, taking in all the information. “Then let her into the paddock you made for her, right?” He was hoping that was the right thing to do, it seemed like that was what was going to happen next. Heading back to the mare, he proceeded to do as Claire had said, finally finishing and then untying her. She still looked so sore, but at least her coat was cleaner now. “Come on patchy,” he murmured, tugging gently on the lead rope. Happy to go at her slow pace, he eventually turned her loose into the paddock, removing her halter and hanging it up on the fence like Jules liked them.

The stallion happily backed up for the carrot, and dropped his head to allow the halter to slip over his head. Nudging her affectionately as they walked, and as she groomed him, he pranced lightly in place when she scrambled on his back, excited for the ride. Where are we going? Pulling slightly at the reins, he managed to stay put until she told him to go, simply dancing in place energetically.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

Hearing the last question, Claire nodded “yep!” laughing a little as he pranced in place, she didn’t bother telling him off knowing it was just eagerness and he wasn’t moving forwards. Giving a click of her tongue allowing him to go forward, Claire couldn’t help but shrug “anywhere we feel like going, long ride, short ride, whatever we feel like” using her weight to guide him out towards the trail she’d been thinking of. Asking him forward into his rocking horse canter, Claire remained balanced on his back unable to help but laugh, she loved her horse, he was her best friend. She didn’t hold any lingering resentment towards his mate renee, she was so much better for Killian than she was, despite her claims she saw him as a brother and a friend there was a part of Claire that still loved him. However she kept that to herself, there was no point talking about it, there was nothing that could be done, yanking her thought away from that she focused on guiding the large powerful stallion. Thinking about the sea she joined her mind with her horses sharing the things she’d seen and done during her time away, “It was amazing killi, I can’t wait to go out again” her voice was soft, Alex wasn’t that bad to hang out with either. It had been an amazing experience, and to be out with the sea had been lovely as well, she loved the sea. It was part of her, pushing that out of her mind again she made herself focus on riding once again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Bounding forward straight into his comfortable trot, the horse tilted his ears back towards his rider, still pulling eagerly at the reins. He wanted to go faster, to race with he'd, but he knew better than to take off without her asking him to. Obediently following her directions, he jumped forward at the urge to go faster, giving a few happy bucks before settling down as he knew she wasted him to. He adores her, a part of him still fiercely loving her, but he kept that from her, knowing that it would only hurt her. Listening to her as she spoke, he shared her memories with satisfaction, pleased that she'd gone on the trip. It was good for you, he commented, settling down into a steady canter that allowed them to just go and go, and still be able to talk. It was nice to be out and moving without the annoyance of the bitter bridle that she was wanting to get him used to, but he'd stopped complaining about it now for the most part, just dealing with it as best he could. Of course, there were still some instances where the horse got the better of him, and he acted up, but for the most part he was trying hard to combat the fear for her. You like the boy? He seems easy going from what Julian's mentioned. Snorting, he shook his head a little, slowing a bit to pick his way through the trees more carefully. You're more settled now after the sea. You'll go again with him? He hoped so, though he knew that she worried about being away from her home and the horses.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Grinning as her eager mount jumped forward into a comfortable trot, she ignored the couple of happy bucks, they were small and easily sat and were more out of excitement at being allowed to go faster than disobeying or trying to get her off. Tangling her fingers in his thick mane as he thundered over the land, she took great pleasure in the wind pulling her black hair, freeing parts of it from the loose braid it’d bene done in. Listening to him as he reacted to the memories she shared with him, Claire realized with some surprise he was right, the trip had been good for her. Unable to help the shrug of her shoulders when he mentioned Alex as ‘the boy’ “Yeah he’s pretty laid back, easy to talk to” she confirmed, unwilling to go into it anymore than that. There just wasn’t much to talk about when it came to the others on board the boat apart from one instance “oh yeah! One of the other guys on the ship heard me talking to jules and thought you were my boyfriend. It was funny” through sheer determination she’d long convinced herself what she felt for the horse was just sisterly love it was easier that way rather than pine for someone she couldn’t and shouldn’t have. He belonged with the grey arab mare, her hands tightened in his mane a few moments before she turned her thoughts towards the comment about how she was m ore settled now she’d been at sea. “yeah I’ll go again, theres heaps to learn there” the sea had been wonderful, and she’d loved swimming in it despite the fact that she for some reason could hold her breath for longer than the others. The water felt as natural as horse back to her and now she’d been out there recently it was whispering to her, wanting her to return to it. Holding on with her legs to pull the tie out of her hair and let the wind pull her hair free of the braid, Claire slipped the tie around her wrist and resumed holding onto the stallion’s mane. She loved how comfortable the black animal was to ride, against everything he was her best friend, she could always talk to him, just like she could with Jules. “I missed you, Blacky” she finally murmured, the wind trying to tear her words away, slowing him down to a walk she guided him down the steep incline to their favourite place to swim. Unable to help her laugh when she was splashed and got wet, Claire urged him in deeper until he was swimming with her on him unable to help her grin.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Snorting with amusement at the tale, Killian tested how fast she was going to let him go, wanting to really stretch his legs and race with wind. For now though it seemed that she was keeping him in his comfortable canter, so he tossed his head a little and settled back down, slowing more when she asked him to. Flickering his ears about, he picked his way carefully down the steep incline, surefooted as always. Missed you too, he murmured, pausing to swing his head around and nudge her knee affectionately. But you know we’re always here for when you return to us. It was curious how much she enjoyed the sea, it reminded him in a way of his brother’s tie to the waves. Nearly trotting down the last of the incline, he splashed straight into the watering hole and paused to take a drink before pawing at the water cheekily, getting them both wet. When she urged him forwards, he swished his tail and placed his hooves carefully, going deeper until he was swimming contentedly. The cool water was pleasing on his hot coat and he shook his head and mane, the thick braid sending water going everywhere through the air. Have you got much further with making Rose human? he asked curiously, making his way over to a place where he could stand and still be quite deep in the water. The last full moon hit Gus hard. I honestly don’t know how much longer he can keep away now. It was getting harder and harder for the shaggy black pony, it was getting obvious with how much he lost condition and got restless around the full moon. And it was becoming increasingly clear that not even being with the red mare was helping him as much as it used to. Stretching his neck and then dropping his head, he lipped at the water playfully before having another drink, half asleep as he stood in the shade with her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 pm

She’d been ignoring the way the way she enjoyed the sea, she didn’t want to be anything more than she already was, she was so different from everyone and it got so tiring, tightening her hands in his mane as he splashed into the water her thoughts were forgotten and replaced with a laugh when the cold water was splashed up onto her. In shorts and a singlet top for once, the stallions silky fur had plenty of grip despite tickling her legs, not saying anything and instead enjoying the time spent with the horse away from everything else in the world. Leaning forward a little when his feet left the ground and he began swimming powerfully through the refreshing waters, guilt coloured her features when he brought up the red mare her father was so fond of. The guilt got worse when he let her know that the last full moon hit Angus, the black shaggy pony that the red mare was bonded with was finding it harder and harder to keep away from the water. “No, I completely forgot” it’d been so freeing to be away from the farm and the pressure she put on herself to be perfect, at sea everything had been washed away and it was like breathing in fresh air for the first time in years. Stroking the animals neck quietly, Claire sighed to herself “I’ll have a look into it again once we’re back at the farm” she wanted to suggest that Angus come with her to the beach but got the feeling that it wouldn’t be a good idea. With her good mood gone and now feeling grim and uneasy she let Killian rest in the shade for a while before guiding him out with her weight and legs. Not wanting Killian, Julian or Jory to worry about her she quickly seemed to shake off her mood “Come on, I promised Gus I’d do some work with him today too, can’t hog me the entire time blackie” asking him forward into a slow canter she didn’t talk about Rose and her cure, instead she focused on sharing more memories with the fresian. The manta rays and what it’d felt like to swim with them, to studying whale sharks, once they’d returned to the house she swung down and brushed out the last of the water in his coat, turning him back out with Renee, Claire stood there quietly. River slipped out of the shadows and nudged her, obeying the silent question Claire crouched down and brushed her fingers over the dragon, grooming it as best as she could. The dragon felt what she did, the tug of the sea, it rose and fell with the tide, she wasn’t sure if the call came from the horizon where the ocean seemed to stretch out forever or if it was something in her that pulled her forward towards the waves. Remembering that she’d talked to Angus, she straightened up once river was satisfied and watched her dragon slink off, collecting the selkies halter she wandered out into the paddock and caught him with little trouble, offering him a few bits of carrot to crunch on. Tying him up and giving him a thorough grooming, the shadow master hummed quietly to herself, feeling all the more guilty when she realized that she wanted to escape the pressure and vanish out upon the azure waves. Tucking her hair back behind her ears, Claire managed a smile and an apology “Sorry, I was in a bit of a mind blank, how’re you Gus?” he and killian were her responsibility and thus it was her duty to take care of them from talking to them, to keeping them fed, groomed and more. It was hard for her she’d never really felt like this before, to want to flee into the water, her loyalty and love for her family and the farm tugged her a different way and It seemed the more she thought the more the tear in her desires grew worse.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm

The stallion gave a soft humming noise in her mind, but chose not to comment further. In his opinion, it would be best that she talk to his brother about it all now. Tossing his head slightly at the ask for a slow canter and not a fast one, he nevertheless steadied himself and they enjoyed the run back to the farm. Standing patiently as she rubbed him down, he nudged her gently with his nose, his intelligent eyes studying her quietly. You're allowed to not be perfect, seasprite, he murmured softly. There was something bothering her, he knew that, but he wasn't sure what it was. Not wanting to prod, he let the topic rest and pranced over and showed off to Renee when he was turned out. He did love the grey mate and he nickered to her softly before nuzzling her and beginning to groom her gently. Still slightly worries about Angus and Claire, he looked over at the shaggy pony with a soft sigh. He was lying down near the fence, head resting gently on the ground as he tried to catch up on some sort of sleep. Blinking wearily at Claire when she came over, it took him a couple of tries to get to his feet and then he just followed her quietly, favouring his hind leg slightly more than usual. A little listless, he sniffed at the carrots but didn't eat them, uninterested in the food. He was struggling with the tug of war inside him, he knew that Rose needed him to stay, but he'd gone too long without being in the sea. He didn't mind Claire's silence, using it to gain another few moments of napping as he let his head sag while she groomed him. Resting his sore leg, his ears flickered slightly when she spoke and he gave a faint sigh. Been better, he murmured wearily, trying to shake off his tiredness and he nudged her elbow gently. The Irish accent was far thicker than normal, and he made no attempt to ease it to make himself a little more understandable. Whats bothering you? There's something? There had always been something familiar about her, but he'd simply put that down to her being a shadow master and he was just recognising that. Plus he was fairly sure that being a horse muddled with his selkie instincts a fair bit. Shuffling his feet a little, he shook himself, knowing that he was thinner than usual but not finding it in him to try and eat more. Who's the patchy? Hoping to distract them both, he brought up the brown and white mare that had been brought to the farm just after lunch, and he lifted his head to look over at the quirky teenaged boy who was still at the fence watching her. For Jory? It was an interesting choice, the mate seemed so fearful of everyone, but it would be fun to see how the boy coped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: