The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

after all is said and done

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

after all is said and done - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Claire hasn't shown up or rung the farm in about three months causing Julian to worry and Killian to grow antsy and restless. When contact is made it sounds as if she has been carefully manipulated something very had to do to claire. After that drama she decides that she's giving up on finding someone and decides to throw herself into er horses and her studies
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Julian had beat Claire home, and was already working on dinner when she wandered in. Glancing up, he grinned at her a little. “Looks like you need a shower, bear. How’re the horses, still working well?” Turning away from the island in the kitchen to wash the potatoes, he was soon back facing her, pushing his hair absently out of the way. “Killian accept the bit again this afternoon? He seemed to be standing well in the crossties when I went past. Looks like he just needed a refresher on what they meant.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:56 pm

She had a simple pack over her shoulder knowing her shadows could bring her more things if needed, wandering along the dock searching for the right boat she finally found it. Quite cold and aloof, she ran a discerning gaze over the place that'd be her home for the next couple of months, noting the male who matched the description that her father had given her, she mentally prepared herself feeling rather wary around the stranger already. Oliver had truly wrecked her social wise, very defensive and shut off she forced herself over to him and spoke "Alexander grace yes? I'm Claire Beaumont, my father Julian got in contact with you" not caring that she was behaving very similarly to her fathers partner. Claire didn't offer a hand to shake instead she studied him coming off quite cold and almost arrogant, the arrogance wasn't somethign she felt or meant to show it just happened without her knowledge
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 5:34 pm

In the middle of tugging his shirt on, Alex glanced up at the cool voice, giving the young woman a friendly grin. “Nice to meet you, you’re right on time.” Offering a hand to shake, he yelled a few directions over his shoulder at the two people still on the boat, and then jerked his thumb over his shoulder at the vessel. “Your dad said you’d be a good one to come, hope you enjoy yourself then. I’ll introduce you to the others in the team once we’re going. Few more things to load up first, but make yourself at home on the boat.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Listening carefully she accepted the hand shake grasping his hand firmly but only briefly. Nodding in response to his words she walked up onto the boat and after being shown to her quarters by one of the crew members dumped her bag on the floor and sat on the bed closing her eyes and sighing softly. She missed her horse and her father, the dragon that'd been hiding in the shadows appeared next to her ready to vanish again if someone entered the room. Unsure if this had been the best idea she fiddled with the hem of her shirt waiting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Getting back to what he was doing, it wasn't long before Alex had everything finally packed. Kicking his shoes off once he was aboard for the last time, he and the other two team members kicked off to the boat, and he guided it slowly out of the port. Once they were out in the open water, he let Rachel take over the wheel and headed over to where the newcomer's quarters were. He knocked sharply on the door before pushing it open to lean on the doorway. “We're in open water now, come on up. You don't get seasick, do you?” Giving her a friendly smile, he studied her, trying to work out why Julian had asked for her to be on board this time.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

River eventually hid hrself sensing someone coming, it gave Claire the chance to compose herself and wall her self behind an icy cold wall. Watching as the door opened and the owner of the boat leaned in the door way, she shook her head "No I don't" being out in the open air would be pleasant anyway. Standing and brushing herself off out of habit she noticed him studying her and simply rose her brows in silent question of what it was he wanted. Stepping past him invested in the cold facade that'd keep her safe, Claire headed up onto the deck and leaned against the railing thinking idly, several of her shadows eagerly swimming through the water, they loved the sea the same as her and when dolphins eventually showed up she gave the shadows the goahead to join them as slightly darker ones.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Amused at her coldness, especially from the little he knew about Julian from a quick google search, Alex just followed her up, veering off to check at his instruments. “We'll be on site in three days,” he called over his shoulder at Claire. “It's a breeding site for lionfish.” Happy with all the readings, he wandered back out in time to see the dolphins, and leaned over the railing to watch them. The sea always fascinated him, and no matter how many times he saw the sleek creatures, he never got tired of watching them. Remembering what else he'd been going to say to Claire, he turned to look at her. “We'll be there about two weeks, then we'll go on to another spot, and stay there for one week. Then it's back home for a rest and working out the data.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Remaining stoically silent, Claire listened to the man while listening to the silent excited shadows, three days would be easily spent on the boat. She could stand at the railing watching the sea for hours upon hours on end, knowing a little bit about Lionfish the idea of visiting one of their breeding sites was quite interesting. None of this of course showed on her face, ignoring the mans look as he finished speaking she observed the water and the dolphins still. Eventually just giving a single nod of her head to show she'd heard him and had paid attention. It wasn't a long journey, at least she'd be back home with her stallion soon enough, despite the fact that she'd forced herself to change her emotions about the animal from romantic to loving him as a brother she cared strongly about him and his wife. She'd finally learned her lesson, unlike Her father, Killian and Angus she was better off on her own, she had the shadows and her small family, she didn't need anyone and was sick of being hurt.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Not minding when she didn't answer, Alex pointed out a few things for her. “Galley's there. Hope you're okay with cooking, we take it in turns. Ted likes to man the main electronic instruments, Rachel likes doing the paperwork stuff.” He flashed her a grin. “You and I get to play in the water. Best job.” Thinking he tried to remember what else there was. “OH yep. There's a satellite phone, feel free to use it whenever you need to.” Giving her a nod, he wandered off to duck into the tiny room they'd turned into the office for them all, having a chat with Ted while Rachel kept guiding the boat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Listening carefully as he pointed out the galley she didn't tell him that she was used to cooking as it was often what she did for her father after he'd had a long day. Putting the names and what the people did together in her mind to be remembered for later, Claire silently thanked Julian when she found ot she'd be working in the water which she had to agree with Alexander that it was definitely the best job. Still not saying anything and watching as he left she kept to herself, even that evening when eating with the others she kept quiet and didn't say much even when talked to. It was just safer not to get invested in people so there was no point in carrying conversation, afterwards she tended to her plate and found the satellite phone, retreating somewhere quiet she dialed the familiar number and waited for the familiar voice to answer
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Alex hadn’t been worried about Claire being quiet. After all it was a new place, with new people, and she was likely just getting used to things on the boat. Introducing her properly to Ted and Rach at dinner, the meal was mostly quiet before they all dispersed to various places around the boat.
Hoping that his Claire was doing okay on the boat, Julian had admittedly been waiting for a call from her. When the phone rang, he picked it up and answered with his usual greeting, hoping it was his bear. “G’day, Julian speaking.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Hearing the familiar voice, Claire sighed with relief "Hi Dad, Its me" she murmured into the phone, very thankful that there was a way she could talk to him and hear his voice "Hows Killi? and the horses, has mel gone on that hunt yet?" she hoped not, she didn't like it when Julian was stuck on the farm by himself. Holding the phone quite firmly she got up and began pacing, a habit she'd picked up from her horse when he'd been human, she hadn't expected to miss the big black bastard but she did. He was so important to her these days, both her father and the horse made her feel safe after everything that had happened to do with oliver. Swallowing she didn't let herself dwell on the man who'd ruined things for her, chewing on the inside of her lip as she paced, the green eyed girl waited anxiously for word
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Glad the hear from her, Julian tucked the phone between his shoulder and ear, busy with his paperwork regarding the recent client horses he’d taken on. “Hey, kiddo. How is it all? Sounds like you found him alright if you’re not calling in a panic. Mel’s leaving in a few days. Your horse is fine, not letting me near him, of course, but he’d fine. Still eating, not fence walking quite so much this time.” Frowning at the papers in front of him, he muttered something and crossed it out, rewording the letter about the horse that had yet to arrive and apparently already had. “How long is this trip going to be? I’ll let him know and hopefully he’ll settle down much more. Everything’s alright, bear?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Shrugging and then remembering he couldn't see her shrug she waited until he'd finished speaking before starting "Everythings alright yeah, I have my own space which is nice. Theres not too many people either, He reckoned about three weeks or so" Pacing around the cabin she had been given as her own she hummed to herself a moment thinking about it all quite carefully. "Tell him I miss him" Claire told Julian quietly "I miss you too, and Renee. Rose not so much" she'd never really gotten along with the ginger mare that only seemed to like julian and Angus. Fiddling with the end of her plait she let her hair out and sat down brushing it, it was always a soothing motion for her, as it reminded her of her father brushing his fingers and the brush through her hair when she was younger.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:52 pm

He nodded to himself, glad that she was alright. “Good. What’s your job with him then? Get to play in the water any?” Giving a quiet snort at her admission about Rose, he softened his voice a little. “I’ll let them know, bear. Don’t worry. We’re all safe here. You just have some fun, and don’t worry about us too much. Snuggle with River, ease up on your worrying.” Glancing at the calendar, he worked out when she’d be home, and marked it off. “I’ll keep bitting your boy? Or do you want me to leave him alone til you come back?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Continuing to pace she replied "Yeah I work with him in the water" have fun? that'd be difficult, she didn't smile that often still and laughed even less. Broken, tainted, pathetic, keeping her feelings out of her voice Claire spoke "Keep bitting the horse, it'll keep him out of your roses, Use renee if you need to if hes a shit, she always is able to make him behave" finally sitting down on the bed and crossing her legs the movements of the boat in the water was pleasant not unlike being rocked to sleep. Her dragon appeared from underneath the bed and curled up around her, "Tell him I also said be good or he will never taste apple ever again" she suggested as well settling back and starting to relax the conversation with her father helping ease the tension that had tightened her shoulders. Petting river with her free hand she held back a yawn not wanting to stop talking to Julian just yet "How's Ghost and Zahara?" the two horses had been turned into humans w hen she'd been in her late teens, they and ned however preferred their horse forms and very rarely shifted if ever.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm

“Alright, will do. He won’t like it, but I’ll do what I can for you.” Reminded when she mentioned Renee, he gave a soft laugh. “Speaking of Renee, I have a feeling she might be in foal again. She’s stopped kicking out at him when he goes near her.” Glancing out the window at the peacefully grazing horses, he made a slight face at the tantrum the black stallion would give when he tried bitting him. Oh well, he needed to learn manners again, and bitting him was the best way. “They’re fine, still being lovebirds. Readying Ghost for a campdraft in a couple of weeks.” Well aware that the conversation with him would be easing her stress, he didn’t try to tell her to get to bed and have some sleep. He just wanted her to be settled and happy, even if it was only with her horse.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Claire grinned "I bet you she's not, she wanted to do some serious dressage campaigns in the next year or so, can't do that if shes preggy. Check him for bites if hes got a doozy then she told him that shes not having any of it" The mare and stallion had both become more her horses over the past years meanwhile Rose was very much Julians horse the ginger mare not allowing anyone else to ride her. "He'll enjoy that, are you going to take rose or ned with him?" the ginger red mare had never tolerated any of the stallions shit often making him toe the line with vim and vigor. Remembering the first and only time Ghost had ever entered the notoriously grumpy Roses's paddock with a grin on her face, Claire snuggled down and sighed feeling happier. Glancing at the time and pulling a face knowing she'd need to end the call soon to get some sleep, she continued to brush her fingers through her thick black hair.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:35 pm

He just laughed. “I dunno about that. Depends how often you’re away on the boat. You know she’ll put you first.” Finished with the paperwork, he shuffled the papers and put it all away, beginning to start on a rather late dinner. “Probably Ned. He needs the calming influence rather than being nipped and bitten.” Happy to hear her content sigh, he winced a little as he dropped a frying pan, and gave a sigh of his own. He was more tired than he thought apparently. Picking it up, he put Claire on speakerphone and put the phone on the bench. “Alex is friendly enough? Seemed pretty friendly while I chatted to him on the phone, if a bit scatterbrained. Word is that he’s diligent when it comes to working though. One track mind I believe was the phrase.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Wincing when the sound of something loud being dropped came to her through the phone she tsked "You sound like you need to get into bed Jules, Make mel help you" she ordered imperiously, sure he was reliable but was prone to pushing himself a bit to hard him and Killian both. "Yeah He's okay, very friendly and scatterbrained, the other two crew members are okay as well, Rachel and Ted" replaiting her hair for the night she got up and stretched "I'll let you go then, Goodnight Dad, Bye" ending the call she replaced the satillite phone where she'd found it and returned to her cabin. Clambering into bed and snuggling into the warm dragon, Claire slept well enough waking just before the sun peeped over the horizon, dressing herself she headed up onto the main deck and leaned against the railing watching the suns gradual ascent above the horizon. River slipped up and dove into the water heading away to find something to eat. Staring out at the sea her features slipped into a relaxed content smile, it was nice up here with the morning breeze stirring the waves a little and nothing but water to see for miles around. Sharp eared her relaxed state changed when footsteps sounded, quickly she was cold, cool and distant once agian.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:00 pm

“I’m fine, kiddo,” he told her, ignoring what she’d said about Mel. His partner was busy, he wasn’t going to interrupt her right now. Bidding her goodnight, he hung up the phone as well, and carried on with the rest of his plans.

Waking early like he tended to do, Alex wandered out into the rising morning sunshine, barefoot and tugging a shirt on. Spotting Claire leaning on the railing, he wandered over to join her, not missing the way her posture changed to be wary again. Wondering what had happened to make her so wary, he didn’t ask, keeping his questions to himself for now. They could wait until they knew each other better. “Sleep well?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Glancing over at him cooly, Claire nodded "Yes, as it so happens I did. Yourself?" glad that she'd gotten up as early as she had so that River had had time to disappear into the depths surrounding them she studied Alexander quite closely. She was a little wary as to why Jules had picked this out of plenty of other things she could do, but there was no point in guessing so she just turned her gaze back out to the horizon again. Listening to Riveer tell her everything else that was going on underneath the water a slight smile appearing again as she found various types of fish and other sea creatures.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Ignoring her coolness, Alex leaned over the railing, watching the fish and the water. “Yep! The sea makes a good lullaby when I’m overthinking.” Looking at her, he pushed his hair out of his eyes, not really bothered by the sea breeze that could almost be called cold. He was used to the changing weather now, and barely noticed. “What do you know of diving? You’ve got a license and everything? Probably should have checked before we set off, but I forgot.” Giving a friendly grin, he shrugged. “I can be kinda scatterbrained, but you’ll get used to it, I guess. If you can’t dive, that’s alright too. Rach has got a license, she’ll join me instead.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 11:32 pm

At his query of diving she turned to him and nodded "Yes I do" she'd gotten hers about four or five years back as part of a course she was doing. Claire loved learning and wanted to learn as much as she could about her passions, silently agreeing with him that he certainly was very scatter brained the young woman glanced out again wondering if she'd see River under the waves and hoping not with the man around. Giving a very quiet sigh she spoke "I am ready to work and to learn everything that can be learned here" the words were quiet but filled with purpose. She wasn't afraid of hard work after all she'd grown up with Jules as a father figure, there was almost a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction in tired aching muscles.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 12:25 am

It had been a good few weeks, and he’d enjoyed working with the newcomer. Finding that she was just as eager as him to learn about the sea, it excited him, and he wanted to ask her back to join them on the ship. Relieving Rachel from guiding the boat home, he closed his eyes a little, enjoying the breeze. They’d collected a lot of data on the lionfish over the two weeks they’d stayed there, and he couldn’t wait to get back to work on it. Spotting something in the distance, he cut the boats engine and moved to the bow of the boat, leaning over the railing excitedly. “Claire!” He threw the name over his shoulder, wanting to share the special sight of the manta migration path with her. “Get your ass up here. You’ll really enjoy this!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after all is said and done   after all is said and done - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after all is said and done
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Miscellaneous Rp-
Jump to: