The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A world in colour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

A world in colour - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

A world in colour - Page 13 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Atrel x Connor
Teenager Connor is stuck on the camp his parents sent him to to 'fix' what's wrong with him. Atrel winds up in a mushroom ring very close to the camp and the young human comes across him seeking to escape the camp even for a little while.
Kat x Kit
With her brother in line for the throne, Kat feels more comfortable wandering around the human world on her own. On one of her trips she finds Kit sketching more treehouses
Nero x Vi
Deciding that he's in need of an assistant, the royal healer Nero takes a trip to the warehouse to see what's on offer and finds Vi.

Last edited by Raven on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 7:47 pm

He’d let Con have a few weeks to settle himself in without asking much of him, hoping to let him feel safer and more comfortable before broaching any new boundaries that the boy hadn’t had before. Knowing that he was often to be found in the library, Atrel abandoned his work and headed that way himself, following the faint tug of the pet’s collar to where he was curled up at a window seat. It didn’t really surprise him that he liked those spots the best, he and Conrad had often spent hours curled up together reading separate or the same book. Making sure that he wasn’t sneaking up on the young human, the king wandered over to stop a suitable distance away from Con in front of the window. “I thought I might find you here. It’s a comforting spot.”

He wasn’t quite sure how they’d managed to get inside but he wasn’t questioning it. He’d wanted for so long to get inside the old castle to see the beautiful bones of the place. “I don’t know, I haven’t been able to find much of the history of it beyond its belonged privately to the same family for years.” He drifted his fingers over some particularly intricate stonework, appreciating the artistry. “Such a shame, she has good bones.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2022 9:24 pm

Becoming aware he was being watched, he gave up on the book and closed it with a slight sigh not understanding why the book was so familiar and he was finding it so boring. "It's a nice spot" giving a half smile he sat up and set it next to him. Unsure of what it was the king wanted from him, Connor quirked a brow he was slowly starting to feel more comfortable around the faerie. It helped that he was so familiar and there was some kind of bond there that had been there pre-Rita. Considering things he moved over so that there was enough room for the faerie to sit down as well and gestured "If you want" not meaning to come off quite as awkward as he did, he resisted the urge to shove his palm into his face however he wasn't able to help the slight flush of embarrassment at his awkwardness and flicked his eyes away not really wanting to see the reaction.

She was quite thankful that he hadn't really asked too many questions about how easy it'd been to get access once she'd been given the humans name. Tucking some of her hair back behind an ear she moved through one of the passageways, memories that somehow still hurt slightly flickering through her mind. "yes she does, doesn't she? She was beautiful once, a home where people lived" her voice was sad, her true feelings seeping through into it. The longer they walked into the derelict building the more she wanted to do something about it, she couldn't leave it like this, wondering what the state of her old room would be she started heading towards it, sometimes having to study things a little more carefully so she wouldn't get lost, finally finding it she checked to make sure Kit was still following along, it wouldn't do to let him get lost. The door fell to pieces when she opened it, coughing at the cloud dust and sawdust that flew up into her face, once it settled she stepped over it and was distracted instantly by the old painting, it had several layers of grime on it but somehow it'd survived all this time.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 pm

Taking the invitation as a sign that Con wouldn’t be bothered by him sitting there, the faerie settled in the chair, curling up as he often did to take up not much space. “It’s always been a favourite of mine.” Reading the title of the book upside down from his position he nodded at it slightly. “Poetry interests you?” He wasn’t sure if the answer should be yes or no, Conrad had enjoyed his poetry and had often written bits and pieces for the prince, but Connor was his own person despite the bits of him that were so clearly the faerie.

“Wonder if there’s a way to get her restored again.” Musing to himself, he followed his companion through the hallways, he was jerked from his thoughts at the sound of the collapsing door. Coughing himself at the dust, he waved it away from his face to step over the pieces. “Wow.” It would have been an elegant room once, with a beautiful view of the gardens from what little he could see out the windows. “What’ve you found?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 8:07 pm

That made sense, the library was like its own unique world away from everything else that was at the palace. Going somewhat red considering the poetry book was a romance, he very nearly dropped it like one would hot embers. "yes and no I guess. I get pulled to poetry then I open it and its familiar but utterly boring" shrugging helplessly before he realized he'd shrugged. Connor tensed up for a few moments waiting to see if there would be a reprimand, Rita had hated shrugging, but when there was no response he slowly relaxed again. "I really like fiction, you can escape the real world and live through someone else for a while" it was a relief. To get away from all the conflicting emotions and thoughts that went around his head daily, there was so much he didn't understand about himself and that he wasn't sure how to open up about. He could trust Atrel, he was the only one he could trust, in one of the hardest parts of his life as a child, he had been there, and for that he was fiercely loyal. yet it felt like there were other reasons why he felt so strongly about the faerie and he didn't think they were the result of faerie manipulation. Setting the book down he chewed on the inside of his cheek, before he finally decided to trust the faerie, "Did you want to talk to me about something?" he'd wait and see what it was he wanted, then he'd ask if they could go outside away from any prying ears.

The state of her once home broke her heart, but even that was set to the side as she studied the painting. Worlds away until a voice behind her brought her back to the moment, "A painting, an old one" murmuring quietly she closed her eyes. Those memories were worthless now, all they would do is hurt, shoving them back in their box and visualizing heavy chains around that box so it wouldn't open she brushed her hair back behind her ears and didn't say anything else. If her companion had eyes in his head he'd notice how similar she looked to the one in the painting and she'd have to come up with something to explain it away, wanting nothing more than to leave this place. She would have to find a way to get it returned to the way it was, even if it meant using her faerie gifts for personal gain.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 8:29 pm

The title of the book hadn’t escaped him, but he didn’t mention it. Nor did he mention that it was very familiar to him. The king ignored the shrug, more focused on what Con was saying. “Well there’s plenty of fiction if you manage to get away from the poetry.” He moved his gaze back to watching out the window, musing over the thoughts in his head. It did seem like Con was in a better headspace, so perhaps now was a goodtime to broach a few subjects he’d been holding off on. “If you have some time spare.”

That intrigued him, and he wandered closer to inspect the painting she’d found. “What’s it of?” He blinked as he managed to work out what was under the dust and grime, trying to make sense of it. “Got a doppelganger have you?” It was a slight attempt at a gentle joke to lighten the atmosphere, and he had no idea how close to the truth he really was.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 8:43 pm

He didn't understand the feelings that drew him to the poetry books, "I have the time to spare" he glanced about the library seemingly trying to make up his mind about something "if its something important, perhaps out in the gardens where there wont be anybody to listen" he still was fairly anxious that Rita would turn up from time to time. That faerie terrified and disgusted him all at once, "I like being outside" he hesitated and looked down at his hands starting to fidget "its safer" the murmured words slipped out without him realizing it. He was fairly certain that the king was aware that he hardly ever slept inside, most of the time he took a blanket from his room and curled up outside, where the walls couldnt' shrink in and where others were less likely to hear his night terrors. He'd tried a couple of times to follow instinct and go through some of the short cuts he somehow knew, but most of them were cramped narrow corridors and it had been too much to bear.

The gentle joke made her smile fondly at him, "In a way yes, you could say I'm related to the family that has owned this place for years." She mused over what she should say and what she wanted to say, he was her colour so she didn't want to lie to him much even if it was for his benefit. "Theres a story behind that painting, that I've read about, about the two people in it." her gaze was on the painting remembering everything and struggling with the emotions as she went through them all again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm

The gardens would work, and Atrel nodded, uncurling from his spot at the window seat to walk with his pet towards the royal gardens. There would be no one there, his parents were at the beach palace now, and Kat was in the human world with the boy she’d found. Thinking of his twin, the king was distracted by the strength of her emotions for a moment before she obviously hid them away from him again as she usually did. He suspected that the human was the one she saw colour on, but she hadn’t spoken to him about it yet and so he wasn’t going to pry until she was ready. Choosing not to go his usual hidden routes, having become aware that Con needed space at the moment, the king headed towards the main entrance to the gardens before speaking again. “I wanted to make sure you knew you can contact your sister whenever you’d like.”

She seemed to be struggling with something and he touched her shoulder gently for a minute, wanting to help her if he could without intruding too much. “What’s the story?” Perhaps it would be enough to distract her, although she’d probably need some time to digest whatever was going on in her mind right now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 9:45 pm

Once they got outside it was rather noticeable that the pet relaxed, taking a big breath he started to wander towards his favourite spot. Grateful that he'd be allowed to stay in contact with his sister and rather relieved he managed to thank him, once they got to his favourite spot he sat down absently picking bits of grass. "I'm going to have to talk about Rita at some stage, aren't I?" it was likely the only way to move through what had happened to him, however he was ever the coward and was afraid of talking about it. What if it made him relive everything all over again, shivering at that he wrapped his arms around himself as if he was trying to hold himself together so he wouldn't fall apart. His brain made a hop skip and a jump that lead him to continue "Why did you visit me when I was younger? Why didn't you take me as a pet then? Why do i have so many memories here that don't fit me and why am I so attached to you despite you having done very little to manipulate me. Is this all in my head? Am I going crazy from too much time locked in the freezer?" the words were bordering on desperate when they burst forth from his lips. Looking horrified at the fact that he'd said something about Rita had done to him he shut up and closed his eyes, thinking of wide-open spaces, and sunlight, not the cold dark cramped freezer that felt like a coffin, unaware that he was rocking back and forth in a self soothing movement.

Grateful for the touch she touched her hand to his for a moment before sighing "it's a bit of a downer so I'll keep it concise, Essentially they were Shakespeare's inspiration for Romeo and Juliet. Complete with killing themselves to be together, although they knew each other for far longer than the week that occurred in Romeo and Juliet." taking a deep breath she lifted her gaze to the portrait wanting nothing more than to burn it and yet wanting to restore it. "Theres lore in some parts of Europe that say when two people in love end their lives together they are reincarnated as twin faeries. one of mother natures crueler pranks don't you think" although she was adept at hiding things, it was strangely hard to keep everything hidden from this particular human and so a subtle tinge of bitterness crept into her tone when talking about reborn humans. "Do you think such a thing is possible?" alright fine this was pretty much throwing herself wide open to being caught by hunters and sold off, but back in this room with all of the complicated memories she'd reached the stage of fuck it.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 5:54 pm

He let his fingers brush over the plants as they walked along the pathways, listening quietly to Con as the words seemed to spill out from him. Choosing to keep his attention on the plants once Con sat, the king glanced over, studying him, at the question. “When you’re ready to.” It seemed like now was that time, or perhaps things just couldn’t be held back any longer. Debating with what the best thing to do was, Trelly dithered for a moment and then moved over to Con, resting a hand on his shoulder. “If anyone is crazy, it is her.”

Kit studied the painting as she spoke, ending up reaching over to gently brush some of the dirt and grime off the surface. “Oh.” That was a sad ending to what looked like a happy young couple, but things had been different then. Although he would have loved to know what drove them to deciding suicide was the option, he chose not to broach that topic just yet, simply shrugging at the question of reincarnation. “I dunno, I’ve never experienced it myself that I know of. I guess it could be possible though?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 8:20 pm

The words were of some comfort, looking up at him, Connor struggled with what was going through him. The touch was warm and reassuring, it helped with the thorny tangle that filled him, standing a little shakily he enveloped the faerie in a hug, resting his face in the crook of his neck. He never would have dared to do this before, but the hand to his shoulder had given him the confidence that he wouldn't be turned back, when arms were wrapped about him in turn he started quietly crying, feeling far more broken than he'd thought he was. Once the tears had finally stopped he didn't let go, the touch helped and he didn't understand why. However, right now he didn't care, he just wanted to feel safe, eventually he started speaking "When i didn't behave she'd lock me into a freezer, she seemed to know I didn't like the cold. It was dark and freezing in there, I'd... hallucinate or something, i'd think i was in a forest and it was so cold it burnt and i was going numb and distantly could hear someone calling for me" his voice was quiet and slightly hoarse. "I'd struggle and try to get out, bang bang bang on the lid of the freezer until my hands were numb and bleeding, some times I was in there for hours, sometimes days, it felt like years" the more he said the more broken he felt as if the only thing keeping him together were the faeries arms. It was confusing, he'd been taught all his life that this was wrong, yet he didn't want to let go ever "I'm majorly fucked up" he finally murmured, squeezing his eyes shut.

Wanting to escape this place and half feeling like it was a mistake to have ever come back to this stupid town in the first place, Katherine abruptly turned and left the room making her way outside into the drizzle. Inhaling the fresh air she internally scolded herself, there was no time to be weak and pathetic, there were things that needed to be done. Realizing she'd abandoned Kit in the building, she turned to face it, he'd be able to get out on hs own she just couldn't stand being in there anymore. This was stupid, she was stupid, part of her was aware that this reaction was brought on by old memories and emotions that were no longer valid, if she could have gone back in time and never retrieved her old memories she would do it without regrets. When Kit reappeared she apologized and made an excuse that it had been awfully stuffy in there and she couldn't stand it any longer, swallowing hard she rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand "I need a drink" Faeries couldn't tolerate human alcohol well, so they usually brewed their own kind that wouldn't be found in the human world, so she was going to have to substitute with a strong tea or something. Was she being over-dramatic for wanting to burn that painting? Probably, but she didn't feel like talking to anyone about it, faintly envious of humans that were able to drink themselves into a stupor, she turned her face to the sky and closed her eyes enjoying the sensation of the fine drizzle landing on her face.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Quite aware that he hadn’t answered the questions Con had asked about why they’d met so many years ago, Atrel was quietly hoping that the boy wouldn’t remember that for a little while yet. He didn’t think that Con was quite ready for that conversation just yet. He slipped his arms around the pet when he was hugged, holding his closely and tightly and letting him hide away from the world while he cried. There wasn’t anything he could do right now except hold him tight, hoping that would be enough of a promise that for now he was safe. The words that continued to pill out made him furious but he kept that also from Con. He'd harness that fury later to deal with Rita, as long as Con would be alright repeating it all so that he could write it down as evidence. “You can heal.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 pm

Dimly aware of warm arms wrapping around him, turning to lean into the hug he wrapped his arms around the faerie, shaking still. He didn't understand so much, and what Rita had done to him made him feel like he was stuck at that camp again, trapped. Out in the cold, which was why the warmth of the faerie was so reassuring, he stayed there not wanting to move, eventually tiring himself out and falling asleep. Curled up into Atrel as much as he could, his breathing slowed as he finally gave in to the weariness and slept. It was a ew hours later when a familiar dark red she wolf padded up, watching the two she tilted her head slightly in a silent question before speaking 'it's past dinner time, you should probably both eat' while she had no child of her own, there was something vulnerable about the other pet that awoke the need to nurture and look after, especially now he looked so tiny despite being far taller than their faerie. How a man could look like a child she didn't particularly get, but she assumed that something probably happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 pm

He held him as long as was needed, eventually gently urging him to settle down and sit so that they could both be more comfortable. Keeping his arms around the pet as he fell asleep, Trelly couldn’t resist gently stroking his fingers through the black hair, aching at how familiar the motions were and yet it was such a different boy. He wasn’t really surprised when Maple came looking for them, and he reached out to brush a hand over her. She’d blossomed with him in the year since his coronation where she’d been given to him, and had become quite comfortable in her role with him. “Thank you my darling. Have you eaten?” He was hungry, but he was reluctant to wake Con after everything. The boy needed his rest after all.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 12:40 pm

The she wolf gave a wag of her tail at the touch, 'Yes I have, it was good. I can bring you some food if you like' looking down at the other pet that was fast asleep curled up into the faerie. It seemed that he'd managed to get some of what was troubling him out, May really hoped so, shaking herself out, she waited to hear the answer from the faerie. Connor curled up tighter, finally feeling safe enough to properly rest, his dreams were confused and felt real.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 5:33 pm

Unsure if she was alright, Kit took one last look at the strange painting and then followed her out. “You alright?” He just nodded at the response she gave him, and followed her gaze up to the big old castle. “I’ve got some hot drinks back at home if you’re not wanting anything stronger. Otherwise the pub is probably open.” It was drizzling and starting to get cold, so they’d be aiming to get inside sooner rather than later so that neither of them got drenched.

Glancing down at the boy in his lap, the faerie sighed slightly, shaking his head. “No, it’s alright. We should be moving inside before it gets too cold anyway. Thank you.” Although he was reluctant to disturb Connor now that he felt comfortable enough to sleep properly, Atrel knew that neither of them could stay out for much longer so he gently shook the boy’s shoulder. “Con, we’d best move inside before it gets cold. And possibly have something to eat.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 6:08 pm

He was very sweet, "I'm not one for alcohol, a hot drink at your place sounds like a good idea" the weather matched her mood, dull. Still she needed to hide that, her past life was just that, the past and she needed to get over it and herself,  "lets go" offering him a half smile she headed back to his place with him and once they were inside out of the wet shed her coat that her wings were folded neatly beneath. Somewhat cold now she hung her coat up to dry and headed for the kitchen, knowing where the rooms in the house were by now, leaning against one of the counters she sighed to herself "Well. That was an adventure of sorts" speaking dryly she made mental plans to destroy that damned painting when she next had the time.

The she wolf nodded and walked away heading inside once more, it took little to make Connor awake with a gasp and a start. His heart thumping so loudly in his chest he was sure the faerie would be able to hear it, however upon realizing that he was safe he settled and listened to what Atrel had to say.  "I don't like the cold" the foolish words slipped out, and it was too late to regret them so he got up stiffly and once the faerie was up wandered inside with him. Once inside he filled his plate and sat down hungrily eating, May had already vanished into her room to read, once he was full and warm he yawned again feeling somehow lighter from getting everything out that had been marching around his head on repeat. "i have strange dreams and visions here" murmuring quietly he furrowed his brows, his mind feeling clearer and more able to focus on things.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 9:31 pm

Waiting patiently while Con figured out where he was, the faerie got up and headed inside with him. He got something to eat after making sure that Con had sufficient, and curled up on his usual chair. “I’m not surprised.” Reminded, he got up again to pick up an envelope, passing it over to the pet. “From your sister.” It was clearly unopened, reading his pets letters was something he’d never done and he wasn’t planning on starting now. “Have you been able to sleep alright?” He could talk to Nero about something to help if he had to about that.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 10:56 am

Accepting the letter, he was quietly thrilled to find out that it was from his sister, and fairly surprised that it was clearly unopened. He'd assumed that Atrel would want to read everything, feeling like he was trusted by the faerie that had done so much for him created a warm feeling in his chest. Almost missing the comment about not being surprised, he glanced up, questions in his gaze about the comment, his gaze dropped again when asked about his sleep. Weighing up whether or not he should lie or not, he decided that he couldn't, he owed Atrel everything for getting him away from Rita, he had to be good, had to behave "not very well no" he often got nightmares or would wake up and find himself somewhere within the palace and had to find his way back to Atrels rooms before anybody found out.  "Um" he started and stopped fidgeting with the letter, wrestling with choices before continuing  "What do you mean you're not surprised?" anxiety pushed his heart rate up, continuing to fiddle anxiously with the letter that he'd been passed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 9:42 pm

“Tea is just as easy.” Putting up the umbrella, he covered them both with it as they headed back to his small place, shaking it off and setting it beside the front door as she let herself in. She was quite comfortable in the house now, so it didn’t bother him that she headed for the kitchen. “Cold? I can turn the heater on, or try the fireplace.” He sent said fireplace a narrow look, he hadn’t lit it yet this year so he wasn’t sure how cooperative it was going to be if she opted for that choice. While he waited for the response, he flicked the kettle on, moving around easily to make them both something hot to drink.

The faerie nodded a little at the response, making a mental note to have a chat with Nero about something to help the youngster sleep. Picking at his meal, he pondered over the response he needed to give to the question. It was unclear yet just how much the boy remembered, and the king didn’t want to overload him just yet. “Fae magic does odd things to dreams.” It wasn’t a complete lie, and yet it wasn’t the complete truth. He had a feeling that telling the boy he was the reincarnated human of his lover wasn’t a good thing to tell before he knew about colour, but he hadn’t worked out a good way to broach that topic either. He knew that Con saw colour on him, it was just a case of revealing that the faerie saw colour on him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 8:18 pm

Tea sounded like a genuinely good idea, although her favorite hot drink was most definitely a strong hot chocolate with fluffy marshmallows. Especially on rainy days like this, she'd make a nest with a blanket, near a fireplace and settle down with her drink and a book, in her rooms with the door locked so she wouldn't be bothered. She wasn't as sensitive to the cold as her brother, smiling slightly when she noticed his furtive glance towards the fireplace "The heater would be nice, it has gotten rather cold with the rain" there was still an unsettled feeling in her gut at the painting, she didn't want to remember anymore, just wanted to look towards the future. Looking pensive while mulling over things, she took the teacup when it was offered, her smile returning, giving him a quiet word of thanks she absently turned the cup about in her hands.

He supposed he'd been expecting too much of any faerie to expect a straight answer to a straightforward question. Folding his arms he tapped the fingers of his right hand on his left arm, narrowing his gaze slightly, suspecting that he hadn't been told the entire truth. "What a faerie-like answer, your majesty," he said the first thing that came into his mind, unaware of how similar to Conrad he was being in that moment. "I suppose I will have to speak with Maple and find out if the same thing happens to her," the suspicion that he wasn't being told everything so he pushed away the anxiety into a corner of his mind. The letter remained in his left hand, who he was now and who he used to be felt like such different people that he felt torn on what to do next. When he'd led the church and had had more confidence in himself, he would have pushed for more, but Ritas damage had left its mark and unearthed the trauma he'd experienced growing him, the trauma he'd long tucked away, too shameful to talk about. Scowling at himself he turned and headed into his room, closing the door for the first time and sitting on the floor, setting the letter next to him and putting his face in his hands. He was so stupid, he was safe now, he just needed to get over it, in the end, he wrangled himself enough to open the letter and read through it.

Rereading through the letter several times he lay back on the floor, stretching his legs out, thinking to himself. Connor spent most of the night awake thinking over everything, what his sister had said, what he'd been through and where he was going to go from here. The contents of the letter helped him make his choice, there was a reason that Atrel had turned up at the camp, and again when he was an adult and why he'd rescued him from Rita. He was going to have to do what he'd always done with him and open up, it was easier to trust him despite the anxiety that still was in his brain. By his very nature he was a coward, but, perhaps with Atrel he could learn to be brave, the sounds of Maple and Atrel moving about in the main rooms revealed he'd been up all night lost in his head. His stomach rumbled, so he obeyed it and got up, folding the letter up and shoving it into his pocket, Connor walked out into the main rooms that were filled with morning light. The windows were open as were the doors to the balcony, able to hear the sounds of the birds outside, in this moment he was just happy to be here, alive and safe. Picking out eggs and some toast, once he was sat down with his meal he looked over at the king "I would like to write back to my sister" he bit back the urge to ask and instead worded his desire a little more confidently than he felt.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 8:19 pm

He nodded and passed her the teacup, moving to turn the heater on. “It’ll get the room nice and warm fairly quick at least. Even if it’s not as nice to look at.” Settling down in another chair with a cup of his own, he studied her quietly. “Everything ok? You’ve been a bit off since we found that painting.”

The faerie went slightly pale at the words, hearing for a moment his old friend instead of the reincarnation. The only difference was his title, and that slight difference was enough to bring him back to the present and compose himself. “If you wish.” Not bothered that the boy retreated to his room, and instead he was more pleased that Con closed his door. It meant that he felt safe enough to set his own boundaries which would be the starting place of healing. Moving around the next morning, he’d knocked lightly on Con’s door but with no response had just assumed he was still asleep and so left him there. He wasn’t going to wake the boy if he wasn’t up yet, it was too early in their relationship just yet. He was settled on a chair on the balcony with some fruit by the time Con joined him, and he glanced over at the boy when he spoke. “Feel free, there’s paper and pens over at that desk.” He waved a lazy hand towards the desk in question, not bothering to get up, and not restricting him in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 pm

Taking a seat she was relieved when the heater started to warm up the room, feeling his gaze she met it just as quietly. At his question she sighed and looked down at her cup trying to figure out how to explain it, "I'm related to the woman in the painting, seeing that original painting really made it all feel really real, her story" lifting the cup and taking a sip she didn't continue, torn about how much to say. Tucking her hair back behind her ears, Katherine was a little scared of opening up too much, she couldn't tell him she was a faerie, he wouldn't believe her. She didn't even know if he saw colour, so she pushed that away and instead spoke "I wish i could restore the castle to what it was, for them. if that doesn't sound completely stupid" chewing on her bottom lip she continued her ruminating.

Connor nodded and collected some paper and pens, sitting next to Maple who had her back to Atrel he was reminded of the conversation from the night before. Guessing that the goody two shoes wouldn't say anything if he mentioned their faeries name, Connor devised a small white lie to get the truth out of her. "Say, Maple. I was in the library recently and overheard a couple of pets discussing something their faerie claimed, that fae magic affects pet dreams and wondered if you had any experience on the matter?" speaking smoothly while organizing the paper into a stack, he began writing to his sister, looking a lot more relaxed than how intently curious he was on the inside. Confusion coloured Maples face  "um No, I've never experienced that or read about it, but i don't know everything, why dont' you ask Atrel?" doing his best to keep a slight smirk off of his face he shrugged  "I suppose I could, didn't really occur to me" he continued writing spending a couple of hours penning everything that'd happened to him down. He left out how he was feeling, expecting that the faerie would expect to read it before it was mailed off to the human world where his sister was. Standing and shuffling the paper together, he glanced about and realized that both Maple and Atrel had gone out somewhere, impatiently wanting to get the letter off to Tess as soon as possible he changed into clean clothes and made himself look more presentable before searching for Atrel.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 7:23 pm

That made sense and he nodded, sipping at his drink. “Well they could be open to offers, I think it was for sale about a year ago and it didn’t sell.” He’d personally love to see the castle restored to her fine glory, it would be such an undertaking but it would probably reveal a great deal about the history of both the building and the land and town surrounding it. “We could go have a look I suppose?”

Pleased that Con seemed settled enough to be left alone, Atrel left soon after he’d finished breakfast. He had to finalise a few things while he had the spare time, and by the time that Con came in search of him, he was speaking with Nero. He’d managed to get some of the sleeping potion that he’d wanted and was just chatting with his cousin when Con found them, and easily broke off to study the pet. “Finished your letter?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:10 am

That information made Katherine visibly perk up and very nearly spilled her tea all over herself, cursing quietly to herself, relieved that she didn't spill the hot liquid in her lap. She dove into the topic of the castle being available for sale "do you think they'd sell it now? I'd have to do some research of how much the castle would be worth, but I'd be very interested in purchasing it" lighting up at the idea of owning the castle again, she smiled down at her cup, obviously rather thrilled with the whole idea. "Do you think it is worth looking into today?" she wanted it now, but she was aware that this sort of thing took time" Trelly always said she could be rather impulsive, although as she'd grown older she'd gotten better control of that side of herself, but the castle was close to her heart, and the idea of restoring it to what it had been, with Kits help would be hard work but fun.

The faerie who was dressed in silk with as much gaudy jewelry as possible flicked his violet eyes over to the pet, interest lighting his features."Well, well, well" he almost purred studying the pet who was clearly Conrad reborn. otherwise his dearest cousin would get displeased and while it was fun to occasionally wind him up. He knew better than to get involved with the King's partner, there was no doubt in his mind that the pair would wind up together. "I'm Nero". Connor glanced up at the strange-looking faerie who had some kind of unnerving aura around him. "The kings cousin, Good morning sir" he offered a polite smile before turning to his faerie "Yes Sir" he had the papers in his and and silently offered them to Atrel expecting that he'd want to read them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 7:34 pm

The near loss of the tea made him smile a little, and he shrugged slightly at the question. “I’m not sure. They could have decided it’s not worth it to list it again, or they might be waiting for a better market. No harm in asking the old agent I suppose. It shouldn’t be too hard to look up” It’d be nice working on such a grand old lady, and he got to his feet to go get his laptop, bringing it back to the kitchen table. “Well you can start by looking up the old sales ad, I don’t know if the value’s gone up or down though.”

He gave his cousin a slightly narrowed look, very aware that Nero would recognise Con, and not wanting anything given away at all just yet. Thankfully the healer didn’t say anything else, and Atrel turned his attention to the sheets of paper in his pets hands. Although he could guess what on actually meant, he chose to take it differently, not reaching out to take the letter. “Envelopes are in the top drawer on the left of that desk.” Someone would collect the letter later to get it sent on the way to Con’s sister, and that was all he really wanted to know. He could have easily read the letter and learned a great deal more about the boy but that wasn’t how he wanted to do this, he wanted to let Con open up to him in his own time without being forced. “I won’t take up any more of your time Nero, I’m sure you’re busy.” Bidding his cousin farewell, the king headed off down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A world in colour
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next