The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A world in colour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

A world in colour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

A world in colour - Page 4 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Atrel x Connor
Teenager Connor is stuck on the camp his parents sent him to to 'fix' what's wrong with him. Atrel winds up in a mushroom ring very close to the camp and the young human comes across him seeking to escape the camp even for a little while.
Kat x Kit
With her brother in line for the throne, Kat feels more comfortable wandering around the human world on her own. On one of her trips she finds Kit sketching more treehouses
Nero x Vi
Deciding that he's in need of an assistant, the royal healer Nero takes a trip to the warehouse to see what's on offer and finds Vi.

Last edited by Raven on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 11:06 pm

It was a relief that he nodded a little, realizing that he was sitting on the window sill looking out at the garden she smiled a little “Come on, it’s a lovely day and the garden is a safer place to practice.” Turning she headed out and passed through the kitchen to get more honey for him aware that this was going to tire him and the shadows out. Once they were in the garden she nodded towards him “Pick a spot then” once he had she wandered over there and sat down with him, trying to figure out how she was going to do the teaching. “I’m sure by now you’ve figured out that shadows are alive sentient little things, once you have made contact with them you strengthen the bond until they want to do things for you and then you build on their strength so they have the ability to do what you need them to do, if that makes sense?” setting the large jar of honey down within reach of him she focused for a moment and summoned her shadows. Appearing, they slipped over to her to pool around her rather comfortably, the first thing to do was to install a line of contact between the faerie and his shadows, and she’d do her best to help him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 11:12 pm

He watched her leave the room and stayed where he was for a moment thinking it over before hopping off and following her. She didn’t seem to want to do him any harm, she likely would have done that already, and Conrad had said that he’d got in touch with someone who would be able to help. Feeling more free in the open with the garden, the faerie brushed his fingers over the plants as he followed her. They felt so happy and well cared for here, which helped him relax just a little bit. If he had to, he’d use up his precious stores of energy to use the plants and protect himself, there was no iron around after all so there was nothing to prevent him from using his magic. Choosing a spot under a huge old tree, the faerie listened closely to what she was saying trying to figure out what she meant. The shadows did indeed move around under his skin, and it didn’t hurt, but he hadn’t been able to figure out what made them move or why. “Yes.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 10:47 am

Going quiet she thought over how best to help him, “Those shadows feel connected to you, so the best way to communicate is to focus on what you want them to be, if you want wings visualize them down to the last detail. Show them what it is you want, let them feel what you want” deciding to give him a demonstration she focused on a picture in her mind, her shadows swirled around her hand forming themselves into a small song bird that flicked its wings and sung a soft song. “You can do it, I’ve got enough honey here to sustain you while you try” the bird spread its wings and flew up into the tree they were sitting underneath before she allowed the shape to dissipate. He already knew that she was a healer as she’d healed his wounds a few days after getting him home, he hadn’t complained about them so she had assumed until now that they were doing alright “How are your wounds?” ideally she would have liked to get a look at them to see how they were doing but she was hesitant to push too far.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 am

He could understand what she wanted him to do, it was almost similar in a way to how the fae helped plants grow if they needed it. The only problem that he could see so far was he didn’t want to try for wings. He’d accepted that he wasn’t going to fly again, there was no point in his mind to try just to fail and be disappointed again. He watched the songbird quietly as it flew around and then faded back into the shadow shapes, then just shrugged slightly at her question, picking length of grass to keep his fingers busy. “They’re fine.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 am

Hesitant to push him, Renee nodded and went quiet, leaning back against the rough bark of the tree she was doing her best to ignore the side of her that wanted to implement some tough love on him. “I understand that im probably not someone you want to talk to, but you’re going to have to talk to somebody or whats happened to you will keep eating you from within. I get that you’ve been through trauma, really I do, but you’ve just been surviving, not living” she knew exactly what it was like to be shut down, to have unspeakable things happen, but she had long learned that surviving wasn’t enough and didn’t make you happy. One had to talk about their trauma to someone safe and start the journey to move past it “Surviving wont make you happy, you’ll remain stuck like this, wondering what the point of living is” hopefully what she had said might sink in and wasn’t too harsh “It doesn’t have to be me you talk to, but someone” her gaze flicked from him to the sky watching the clouds as they rolled past.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 am

The faerie didn’t respond to her, looking for all the world like he hadn’t even heard her. He was focused on the grass at the moment, weaving the blades that he’d picked into a small figure of a cern. He had to get a message to his sister somehow, something more than just a feeling that he was okay, and this was the easiest way that he could do it. What Renee was saying was true, he knew that, but he also didn’t particularly want to talk to anyone but Kat right now. Finishing the cern with his usual flourish on the antlers that would let his twin know exactly who it was from and who had made it, he brushed a finger along its back to wake it. He let it wander around them for a few moments before sending it off on its mission, hoping that it would ease Kat’s worries even just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 12:18 pm

When she didn’t get a response she went quiet for a while, after half an hour or so she got up, excused herself and went about her business. The little cern made of grass did its best to reach Atrels twin as quickly as it could, however being so small it was about a month before it reached a portal and a couple of weeks to find where she was. Katherine was sitting out in the gardens looking somewhat pale and underweight, she’d stopped talking to everyone else after the excruciating pain had gone through her and it had only been for her mothers sake that she’d eaten anything, certain he was dead she’d just wanted to die so she could be with him although things had picked up a little when he began to share some sensations of being safe. Spotting the tiny creature when it crawled onto her shoe, she picked it up and studied it, recognizing the horns as her brothers work, instantly her instincts told her she needed to go to him, so she packed a small bag of necessities and let her mother know where she was going. Heading out into the human world she folded her wings underneath her clothes in an attempt to make it harder for poachers to come after her, wandering until she found the right place. Slipping into the garden, immediately feeling at home in it due to how happy all of the plants in it were, finally there he was “Trelly” somewhat hoarse thanks to everything she felt, Kat moved over to him feeling horror at the clear lack of wings on his back.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 2:45 pm

He spent most of his time in the garden after that, sometimes asking quiet questions of Renee about the plants and why she’d planted what she had. Most of the time he still stayed quiet, unwilling to talk about what had been done to him, and who he’d lost yet again. It didn’t take long for him to discover that working in the garden helped soothe his mind as well, and he ended up offering his help to the shadow mistress, her words dancing around his head. They hadn’t fallen on deaf ears, he’d taken them in and was thinking about it, he just still was unsure about making wings, and wasn’t too certain if there was anything else that he could do to help bond with the little creatures. He’d settled for a mild compromise and was working on guiding them in various patterns over his arms and shoulders instead, slowly figuring out what she’d been meaning. She’d helped with that once she’d figured out what he was doing, and that had moved things along a bit with causing patterns and vine-like shapes under his skin. Hoping that his little cern had managed to get to his sister, he was settled in the sun when he sensed his twin turning up and turned to greet her, wrapping his arms around her tightly and burying his face in her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Hugging him tightly when his arms wrapped around her she hid her face in his hair, fighting back the tears that wanted to fall, what had been done to him was so horrific and she only knew that his wings were gone she didn’t know the rest of it just yet. “What happened?” was the only sentence she was able to put together so overwhelmed with emotion at being reunited with her twin. Filled with pain, love and an unstoppable rage at whoever had done this to her brother, Katherine just wanted to get her brother home into the faerie world where he would be safe until he had healed up and could decide what he wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm

He just shook his head in response, still unwilling to talk about what had happened yet. He simply buried his face in her shoulder having missed her so so much over the past year or so, guilt filling him that he hadn’t been able to keep everything from her. “It’s safe here.” The prince eventually was able to get some words out, finally pulling away. “The cern found you?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm

If he said it was safe here then she would trust his judgment,  “Yes, I told mother I was leaving and came right away, I’m so pleased to see you” even though he wasn’t in the best of health. Shifting a little so she could dump her small bag to the side she “We were all worried about you, father in particular, I’m glad you’re somewhere safe” looking him from where she had been hiding her face in him, Katherine glanced around the garden feeling her curiosity get the better of her. It was a well-maintained garden and all of the plants were thriving singing their praises of the woman who tended to them “Whos garden is this? It's wonderful” compared to the lands around it, it felt like an oasis for plants of a greater variety than just pine forest and some open meadows.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 pm

He nodded, letting go of her so that she could put her bag down and have a look around. “It’s a lovely garden, they’re all so happy here.” The garden had given him a great deal of comfort and help with his mental health, and he was very grateful to Renee for letting him tinker about with the plants. “Her name is Renee, she and her husband rescued me.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:33 pm

Taking a hold of his hand she glanced back at him in surprise when he mentioned the familiar name, quite sure that it was just a coincidence she nodded “She has quite the gift with plants, I’d almost think this was a faeries garden” leaning her head against his shoulder the princess closed her eyes and sighed. “I’m so relieved you’re alive, mother was happy to hear it and likely told father, will you be coming home with me today or staying here for a while longer?” she didn’t want to leave him here so she would stay too if he wanted her to. She would make something out of the grass and send it to Titania if that was the case, if not she would return home and make sure to visit him regularly until he was ready to leave, either option was okay so long as he was okay with it too.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Twining his fingers with hers, Atrel let out a soft sigh, feeling a bit more settled now that his twin was here with him. “I think it is Renee, Kat.” He’d toyed with the realisation for quite a while now, but it was the only thing that made sense, her eyes were the exact same colour, and she looked similar, the name and the gift with plants had only solidified his suspicion of who she was. “I can’t go back yet Kat, I’m sorry.” He didn’t want to deal with court, or any other faerie, not with his wings gone and him still not quite come to grips with what it all meant completely.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Glancing at him, Kat didn’t bother trying to hide her surprise when he mentioned that he thought that it was the faerie, wondering now how many faeries were reborn as humans Katherine made a mental note to do some digging on that train of thought later on. When he confirmed that he wasn’t ready to head back with her, she just nodded “Okay, Do you want me to stay with you?” she wasn’t opposed to leaving court for a while to wander with her twin so that he wasn’t alone if he wanted her company. If he didn’t want her company she would just have to figure out what she was going to do with herself while he was gone, He was her twin and she cared about him so damn much, his hurt was her hurt and vice versa if she had a magic wand she’d wave it to fix everything so he could come home with her but she wasn’t about to rush him. Deciding to change the subject a little she murmured quietly "its amazing that she was also reincarnated if you're correct in your assumptions, I wonder if there is a reason why"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 pm

“I don’t know.” Murmuring the words, he sighed slightly and just shrugged at her next words. He wasn’t entirely sure why Renee and her son would have been reincarnated, perhaps that meant that Leif also had been and was out in the world wandering somewhere. Choosing to try and enjoy his sisters company while she was there, she eventually ended up heading back home again while he stayed at the shadow master’s house for another while, still learning how to work with the shadows that had been given to him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Throughout it all, Renee had remained friendly and supportive, welcoming the help in the garden from someone who was experienced with plants and had taken the opportunity to learn what she could from him while trying not to be too overwhelming. It’d been about three months since his sister had left, and she had watched the faeries mental state improve vastly with his twin's presence, now she felt comfortable in bringing up his wings again. Wandering outside with her usual straw brimmed hat, gardening gloves, and a couple of simple tools, she worked away ripping out weeds waiting for the wingless faerie to show up. Once he did she waited a while before going over to him not wanting to seem like she’d been lying in wait “Good afternoon, How are you today?” starting to work next to him she didn’t say much more working on getting out a particularly annoying weed that was refusing to come out of the earth. “I was thinking, you’ve bonded enough with the shadows to ask them to take the shape of wings, they’re likely strong enough to hold that shape for a while and I believe eventually will be able to do it without you having to think about it” looking down at the weed as she finally managed to extract it, the shadow mistress looked rather pleased to get it out.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:17 pm

He'd been recovering slowly since Kat had left, keeping in touch with her as best he could while they were separated. Settled down in one of his favourite corners of the garden Atrel had been helping a few of the plants grow stronger roots when Renee came over to start pulling weeds next to him. Glancing at her, he managed a slight smile in response to her greeting, comfortable enough with her now to know that she didn’t mean any harm to him and was only trying to help. Still, he focused on the plants again more intently when she brought up the topic of his wings, highly uncertain about it all and whether it would be a good idea to try and potentially bring his hopes up if it wasn’t going to work. “I don’t know if it will work.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:35 pm

She could understand that he likely didn’t wish to get his hopes up “If you don’t try you wont know, shadows are extraordinary beings, put your trust in them and believe in them, your wounds have long healed, you can do it.” Sighing she studied the ground she was working with “Those shadows have the potential to be wings or Ice would not have put them there. It may not work at first, shadows are a skill after all, but if you have the willpower and put the time in it will happen. I know it. Killian once explained shadows to me as, the only thing that limits them is your imagination, they can do anything, be anything, watch” seeming to focus for a few moments, some of her shadows flicked over and attached themselves to her back arranging themselves as a very familiar pair of wings. Albeit black instead of their original colour, the pattern of them and the pattern of veins in them was unmistakable, they were her previous self’s wings. Flicking her gaze to him, she let the wings flare for a few moments before relaxing them, her point was that if she could do it so could he.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 pm

The prince listened quietly as he always did, flicking glance at her as she worked with her shadows to create such a familiar pair of wings. Swallowing hard at that, he looked down once they were gone, watching quietly as his shadows twined under his skin seemingly eager to do something more than just create pretty patterns. He supposed it was worth a shot, if he didn’t get his hopes up too much then maybe he wouldn’t end up being too disappointed if it didn’t work. “How then?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Relieved that he was willing to give it a go, Renee hastened to explain “You have to want it, to will it to feel it, remember what they looked like and how they felt, see them in your minds eye” that was her best way of explaining it all. She had no idea that the wings she visualised and had gained through her shadows were the ones she’d had in a previous life, indeed she had no idea that she was reborn at all. Brushing her hair back out of her face and rocking back shifting the weight from her knees to her feet, Renee watched the garden wary of putting too much pressure on him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 6:03 pm

He nodded slowly, thinking over what she was saying and doing his best to conjure up the feeling of having his wings again. Quite hesitant about all of this, he nevertheless focused on what his wings had once looked like. The shadows vanished from his arms, apparently congregating on his back to do what they could, and eventually they formed a brief tiny version of wings, struggling to extend far from his skin at the moment. Tiring quickly from the effort, Atrel let go of the attempt and closed his eyes, hungry for honey but not mentioning that at the moment. He’d help himself to something from the kitchen later, since Renee had made it quite clear that he was welcome to make himself at home there.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Watching as he focused, her features lit up watching as the wings did their best they soon vanished “Well done! That was fantastic for your first go! There were wings there” aware that he’d be wanting some honey after that effort, Renee nodded “Go get something to eat and keep practicing, if you work at it you’ll wind up with wings again I’m now completely sure of it” thrilled that the idea had worked even if it was only a little bit, she was convinced that he would eventually be able to have wings constantly on his back whenever he wanted them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 6:39 pm

It was nice to hear that there had been some wings there, perhaps she was right and this would work after all. Just nodding at the suggestion of getting something to eat he got to his feet and headed into the kitchen to find something to eat. The next few weeks saw the faerie practicing quietly with the wings, taking his time with the shadows having learned from watching Killian and Renee that they were quite sentient and little creatures of their own. He didn’t want to push them into doing something they couldn’t, especially when he was going to be depending on them to create his wings. Eventually feeling like he couldn’t impose on the couple for much longer, he went in search of Renee to say goodbye and thank her for everything she’d done.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Sitting in the lowest branches of the old oak tree, she was sitting leaning against the trunk of the tree with her fantail soul shadow perched on a branch nearby. The other branches seemed to be covered in inky black shadows small black blobs each with a different coloured pair of eyes attached to it, spotting Atrel supposedly looking for their mistress they called out to him the younger ones squeaking while the older ones created a tentacle to beckon him over. Opening her eyes disrupted from her thoughts at their noises, a warm smile settled on her lips “Oh good morning, is there anything I can do to help you?” she had long become quite fond of him and saw him as a friend, although she could see that there was something different this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A world in colour   A world in colour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A world in colour
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next