The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Bar / With:Lana
Liam kept the gun aimed at the man, moving over to Lana and helping her up, "Intent is just as bad. I could easily book you on attempted rape." He motioned to the door with his gun, "Out. Now."

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex had a game of solitaire going, now. He didn't know why, just an impulse, he guessed. As the message appeared, he responded, 'People aren't so bad, if you find the right ones.' With that, he switched back to the game, flicking cards into their spots.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Lana laughed sourly as the man left "that won't get him anywhere and he knows it, he'll just say that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing" she pulled out of Liams grip instinctivley her hands had folded over her chest. The intense pain in her eye and thighs had faded but she was still wary of it, the intense pain was like nothing she had ever experienced before.

I am bad with all people, it is easier over the computer, less anxiety he continued coding the game adding in a few hard bosses along the way. It was an idea he had come up with some time ago, the dragon war in skyrim. he ignored the dripping of his lip as he worked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Liam sighed, "Yeah, well, that excuse only works so many times per person." He looked over at her, frowning a bit, "Are you all right?" He had learned to continue going through any of the visions, most were only sight. A leopard attack. It swiped at him a few times, rending his flesh. He grabbed it's head as it struggled, snapping it's neck. With it dead, he sewed his own wounds shut. He carried it easily, coming to a ship. Lana was sitting there, she spoke and then collapsed. Blood was everywhere.

Alex frowned a bit at the response, sighing. Tobias must have had a very bad childhood to dislike people so greatly. He nibbled on his thumb as he typed one handed, 'Maybe I can help?'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:24 pm

"yeah, just had a random ghost pain" she ran a hand through her hair hiding her tiredness, the visions took their toll on her as plenty of them were painful. She raised her hand up to rub the eye that moments before it had felt like it was being cut out, she blinked. Wait a minute, she remembered the torturers face, it looked like Ralph. She focused on blanking out her face, she did not want Liam inside her head.

no matter who it is i get anxious he replied shortly before returning to the game chewing on his opened lip as he coded in some of the dragon language.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Liam noted the motion towards her eye. He knew it now. It was impossible but, so was his being able to feel her. Now was as good a time as any to speak about it, "You've been having the visions..."

Alex frowned a little, still chewing his finger, 'Could take it slow? Little bit at a time. Like starting with talking on here.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:37 pm

She blinked at him "ah hah so i was right, you were having dreams also, my visions as you call them have only started in the past week" she got a text and pulled out her phone reading the threat from Ralph without a flicker of emotion on her face she didn't bother texting back instead she just tucked it away and watched him "I am a woman Liam talbot, no matter what jury there is or judge he will always be cleared of any charges as i am 'asking for it' as the saying goes. He can say that i lead him on and plenty other things with many people to back him up whilst i only have myself and i don't get paid enough to hire a lawyer"

He spoke to himself in the dragon language in the microphone rescrambling the pitch and such so it sounded more like alduin before he replied i guess, i have no social skills at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Liam sighed, "I say visions as they happen in the day, as well. At least, for me." He moved a bit away, surveying her. "An eye was missing, skin had been stripped from the thighs, hot oil had been poured over the wounds, there was a wound on your lower abdomen where your uterus had been removed." He looked back up at her, meeting her gaze.

Alex smiled a bit at the response. An 'I guess' was good enough for him. 'Eh, we'll get along fine, so long as we don't try a game.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Lana narrowed her eyes "Ralph is going to go.... missing i think, he was the one who did it all to me, a little taste of revenge never hurt anyone and i doubt that anyone would miss him especially the girls he harasses" her voice was low and cold.

Rose had gotten home and had promptly forgotten about everything else as she jammed along to a song "and i sayyyy have a nice daaaaaaay" she sang strumming an air guitar. She leapt up onto the coffee table head banging, she had changed her earbuds to proper headphones some time ago.

Tobe replied you could always try out this game im coding he offered before he frowned slightly heshouldn't have done that Alex would think it was horrible oh god why had he offered that? he really was an idiot might as well go and ship himself off to somewhere that there was no human life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Alex smiled a bit. This was definitely progress! He could her Rose downstairs and paused to turn his head towards the door, perking an eyebrow in amusement. His attention turned back to Steam, 'I'd be happy to try it out.'

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Home / With: Haytham
Thomas pulled out his keys, unlocking the door and opening it, letting he and Haytham in. He closed the door behind them, relocking it. Setting a couple of things down, he moved down the hallway into his room, taking out his wallet and phone, setting them down. He still had the sketch. That he set on his dresser for the moment. He left his room, closing the door behind him. The flat was second story, corner. It had what should have been two bedrooms, though he had converted one into an exercise room, a hall bathroom, a living room and a kitchen. The living room and kitchen were fairly connected. He moved into the kitchen, now, and began pulling things out to make dinner with, "Hoping you aren't a vegetarian or have any food allergies."

Liam motioned to the uniform, "You're saying this around a cop."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 pm

if you're sure i mean you do not have to, its probaly pretty shit, it revolves around the dragon war in skyrim that liberated the people he saved his progress and moved it into a folder. Biting his knuckles anxiously he sent it over to Alex and sat there waiting ignoring the hungry gurgling of his stomach.

Haytham smiled quietly "I am homeless, i hardly ever get good food so im definatly not picky" he rubbed the back of his head laughing awkwardly.

Getting into the next song that played rose air guitared her way up the stairs and somehow got herself up onto the roof. Air guitaring she sang along her eyes closed she thoroughly enjoyed herself
"
Show me how to lie, youre getting better all the time
And turning all against the one is an art thats hard to teach
Another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd
And as you step back in the line a mob jumps to their feet"
Moving to the music she laughed slightly enjoying herself not caring who saw her as she properly jammed out. Falling to one knee she threw her head around enjoying the feeling of the wind pulling through her short hair that was down to her earlobes.
"Now dance, fucker, dance, man, he never had a chance
And no one even knew, it was really only you

And now you steal away
Take him out today
Nice work you did
You're gonna go far, kid

With a thousand lies and a good disguise
Hit em right between the eyes, hit em right between the eyes
When you walk away, nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes, see em running for their lives"
Dancing contentedly on the roof she allowed herself be consumed with the fevor that the music could pull over her. A vision of sword fighting and killing came through blurring her vision, falling backward off the roof she landed on her trampoline bouncing up into the air she continued with her jamming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Alex raised an eyebrow at the highly self-conscious message and then opened what was sent, testing it out. It's was pretty good, he had to admit.

Thomas gave his normal light chuckle, "Oh, you'd be surprised. One girl I brought in told me that she was strict vegan. That was... a nightmare." He rolled his eyes a bit, "I'm pretty certain the only reason she was homeless was because she spent all of her money on pot." He had pulled out a couple of steaks as soon as he'd gotten into the kitchen, letting them thaw on the counter.

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Street / With: Rose
Joshua was leaning his shoulder against a tree, watching her with obvious amusement, grinning, arms crossed. The motion had caught his eyes on the way home from his rather brief rehearsal. He'd only been needed for a couple of scenes. He'd flinched slightly when she'd fallen but, after noting the trampoline, he'd relaxed, returning to enjoying the... performance.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Haytham raised his eyebrows "i don't touch the stuff, prefer to spend my money on food and paint as well as new pencils" he sighed slightly running a hand through his hair he walked over and watched with intrest "did you like the sketch? it wasn't one of my best works, once i had egg whites and i was able to paint a picture that looked almost like apicture" he smiled remembering that picture

Lana raised her eyebrows "you and i both know that he is a repeat rapist but that noone has ever managed to get proof against him" she watched him remembering how he had found out that he could feel her. She had been dragged into the station and had stopped slamming her head back into hish nose and a suprised owe had come from him.

"Slowly outta line and drifting closer in your sights
So play it out Im wide awake, its a scene about me
Theres something in your way and now someone is gonna pay
And if you cant get what you want, well, its all because of me

Now dance, fucker, dance, man, I never had a chance
And no one even knew, it was really only you"
she continued bouncing up onto her feet a massive grin on her face as she enjoyed the music, landing on her knees she moved her head up and down making the wind whistle through her gingery locks. Air guitaring before she got up again and began bouncing around in a circle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:55 pm

A message returned from Alex after a few minutes, 'It's great!'

Thomas smiled, "Well, that's good. I know it has all sorts of benefits and such but, I don't really understand the use of drugs." One drug, in particular, made him mad. Steroids. As a well-muscled athlete, he'd actually been accused of steroid use before. He took the steaks out, beating them a small bit with a sort of mallet to get them more tender. He looked over at Haytham, "I know, you aren't picky but, today you get to be. How would you like yours cooked? I refuse to go any pinker than Medium." He, personally, preferred there to be as little pink to his meat as possible.

Joshua's grin spread until it actually hurt his face. He reached up to cover his mouth as he laughed, eyes twinkling with just how much he was enjoying this. He wondered if she knew people could see her. Well, no matter if she could or not, this was the best thing he'd seen all day.

Liam shrugged, "Then we plant bugs. Bait him. It's fairly simple if one puts their mind to it. He can't go missing, though, I am a police officer, I do have some form of moral code."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Are you sure? don't praise it up just to try and make me feel better came the anxious message several minutes later. He chewed on his fingers tearing the top layers of skin off them, he shivered the lonliness inside this house was usually comforting but today it was just eerie.

Finishing her song she fell onto her back, her Trampoline was in her back yard and well used, spreading out her arms she closed her eyes with a comfortable sigh. With that out of her system she just felt so loose and relaxed, unknowing or uncaring of Joshuas snooping.

Lana smirked softly "he is much more cunning than that James" she tilted her head to the side "oh he won't go missing, he will just take a permenant vacation" her eyes sparkled with innocence. Her thick brown curls moving as she tilted her head, she had a slight bruise forming on the side of her face from where the man had gripped her tightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Alex spun around in his chair for a couple of minutes as he waited for a response. When it finally came, he read it, smiling. He had to admit, this guy's shyness was a little adorable. 'No, I mean it. It's great. ^^' He hit send and pushed away from the computer again, resuming his spinning.

Joshua had pulled over something to stand on. As she finished, Josh stood on it, peering over the fence, and began clapping. He was still grinning widely as he called, "Brava, mon chéri! Encore!" He leaned on the fence slightly, "The fall off the roof was particularly impressive. Looked a little like a bad suicide attempt but, I give it an 8.5."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 pm

thank you very much then, its no where near finished yet though, i plan to have Alduin speak in full dragon the response came back, Tobe placed his laptop on his double bed standing with a sigh. He moved over to the small robotic creature he was creating and began fiddling with it.

Rose turned her head at the sound and flushed red, reaching down over the side of the trampoline her hand curled around the red bucket that had been left there from the last residents and threw it at him "Creeper!" she yelled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Alex smiled at the response, 'Feeling any better about talking to me?' He hoped this was helping, getting the man a little more out of his shell. It would be kind of nice to have him over, actually.

Joshua ducked the bucket, laughing. He grinned at her, "Oh, come on, now. You were... pretty damn noticeable. How was I supposed to know there was a trampoline to break your fall?" He stuck his tongue out at her. Her little fall had actually made him concerned for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 pm

"please i wouldn't go out to a song like that, my dying song would be Thnks fr th Mrmrs" she told him her face a pale blush that was the hardest that the female could ever blush. She had already planned out her funeral, it went something along the lines of being cremated then her ashes being stuffed in a coffin filled with glitter and then being detonated over the guests while thnks fr the mrmrs was playing.

The ding that told him that a message had arrived caused him to jump and jam his finger, hopping around sucking on his finger he typed back one handedly it is easier than speaking face to face before he returned to hopping around painfully
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Alex sighed a bit, propping his cheek on his hand, elbow on the desk. He made a bit of a face. 'Think that you could warm up to me in person?' He did really want to help this guy. He considered this his new project, getting this guy out and about a little more. It was the toughest case he had faced yet but, he was determined to succeed.

Joshua grinned at her, "You listen to the strangest things." He shook his head a small bit, smiling. He looked at his watch, almost dinner time. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go order Chinese take-out and marathon superhero movies." He winked at her before ducking down.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Roses mouth opened slightly to retort before she realised that she had nothing and grumbled throwing herself back down onto the trampoline. IF he had been Alex or Thomas she would have determindly gone after him but he was some guy that she had been having weird as hell dreams about.

Haytham rubbed the back of hsi head "Properly cooked, no pink if thats ok" he smiled he was guilty of the odd newzealand taste of having next to no meat in his steak. he watched Thomas move about the kitchen with besotted eyes.

Reading the message his eyes widened and he slipped over landing with a thud, he curled onto his side cradling the back of his head before he reached up and messily typed i do not know, when i am around people he back spaced and said this is the most social interaction i have ever had
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Alex chewed on his thumb a moment as he waited on a response. As he received the message, his head tilted, 'Good, guess that means we're making progress. It's something!'

Thomas chuckled as he placed the steaks on to cook, "That is more than okay." He knelt down, rummaging through a cabinet full of pots he pulled out a couple of smaller ones and put them on the stove, reaching into a higher cabinet for a can of green beans and one of corn. He pulled out a can opener and popped both open, dumping the contents into the pots and turning them on at a relatively low temperature, for the moment. He rinsed out the cans before tossing them into a blue recycling bag.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Haytham listened to the cicadas chirping outside in the flax bushes before he sat down on one of the bar stools and watched him cook with interest. Picking up his sketch pad from where he had placed it he began drawing on the back of a peice of the paper that he had already used, his tongue stuck out the corner of his mouth as he began to sketch

i get the feeling i am some project came the reply eventually, he close his eyes as his stomach growled in hunger. Sitting up he made his way down to rummage through his cupboards and eventually found a sack of old potatoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Alex chewed his thumb some more, frowning. '...Maybe.' He added to it, 'I really do just want to help, though. I could be a friend! Friends are always good!' He gave a bit of a sigh before folding his arms on the desk and laying his head down on them.

Thomas wandered over as he let things cook, watching him sketch. He debated framing the one Haytham had done of him. After a minute or so, he began wandering around the flat, putting things away as he went. He did this until the timer on the oven went off. He moved over to it, pulling the steaks out to let them cool a tad. He grabbed some Worcestershire Sauce and A1 and set them on the bar.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Rose moved into the flat muttering something about getting chinese and watching movies by herself, she mimed strangling the life out of the cocky asshole before she yelled up the stairs "Is the boy next door coming over for dinner or not Alex?"

tobe was down in the kitchen peeling the potatoes that he had found, chopping them up he put them in a pot of water and let it boil. Setting his jug on he found an old packet of gravy and mixed that up before he tramped upstairs and frowned seeing the message there friend? i have never had one of those, mostly people pretended to be one so they could make fun of me

Haytham had sketched a war zone, astonishingly accurate from WW2, he had had a nightmare about it the night before, there was a trench and a young German Shepard was there with the words MAX carved into a leather collar that was about its neck. The dog leant forward to take the crust from a gloved hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Alex, now aware of the male on the other side of the wall, got up from his chair and opened the door to call down a little more quietly, "I don't know. I'm working on it. It's possibly a no, though." He left the door open as he heard Steam make a sound. Moving over, he frowned at what he read. 'Well, I'm not like them.'

Thomas put the steaks on plates, adding the two vegetables in portions before grabbing forks and steak knifes from the drawer. He carried both over and set them down, glancing at the drawing. WWII had always been a particularly interesting topic for him. He didn't know why, he just found it fascinating. He grabbed a couple of glasses, filling them with water. Those, too, he brought over before sitting down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: