The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Cicadas cry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

The year is 2011, the past year on the fourth of September there was a 7.1 earthquake that shocked the south Island of New Zealand. Thankfully no one was killed but some serious damage was done, it is February of 2011 now and unbeknownst to anyone the clock is ticking down on the quake that will change it all. Meet our characters, they end up being thrown together after the quake and find that they begin having flash backs of another life and another time when they are around each other. Will the small band of heroes survive the apocalyptic conditions or will they succumb to the death, everything will be revealed when the Cicadas cry

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:18 am

Rose smirked a little "I am not so pathetic as to follow some guy I barely know around, other females mayhap but not I" she remembered how the day before his fingers had brushed hers when he had handed her her change. It was after that contact that these infernal memories had begun plaguing her. She stared at the water transfixed by its beauty

Haytham soon became transfixed in his work, sketching quickly he now moved to the detail with more careful strokes direct kind eyes appeared on the paper. Lips quirked up in a shy but kind smile and folded arms over his chest with layered clothing became apparent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:28 am

Joshua Harrison, Various, 23, Single / Park / With: Rose
Joshua laughed sitting next to her, facing the opposite way so that his feet were out of the water. "I wasn't suggesting that you were." He glanced over at her, shrugging, "However, I do feel we'd actually get along pretty well, if only bonding over Supernatural." He grinned a bit before looking ahead. He had a bit of a headache, honestly, he didn't know why. He also didn't know why he'd gone out of his way to come and speak with her.

Thomas Keits, Student, 22, Single / Park / With: Haytham
Thomas watched him more as he worked. The concentration was interesting to watch, how wrapped he was in his work. He breathed quietly, but that was really the only motion he gave.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / Park / With: --
Alex sighed, glancing around. Rose had wandered off, Thomas was, oddly, being sketched by the man he'd brought along, even the attractive male with the guitar had gone somewhere. He pulled out his phone, texting Rose, 'Going back to the flat. I'll check if the neighbor want to do the dinner thing.' He headed off towards home after sending it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 am

Finishing the sketch haytham handed it to Thomas recoiling slightly as the other mans hand brushed against his own.'he avoided Thomas's gaze saying gruffly "you can keep it if you want it"

On phone will give better reply soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Thomas blinked as the hand brushed his own. A pain shot through his head briefly. He could see Haytham but... he was wearing an outfit like in the Assassin's Creed games. They were standing in an alleyway, it was snowing. They seemed happy, talking about something. 'Tomaz'. It rang in his head. It faded, and he realized he'd frozen, unbreathing as the sight passed before his eyes. He took the sketch gently, resuming his breathing, blinking as he looked down at it. He smiled, "It's very good." His eyes went back to Haytham.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Haytham nodded slightly lookin distracted, an ancient rage was flowing through him, the man beside him was tied to an x and looked like he had under gone torture. His arm muscles clenched and a shiny blade slid out from it's hiding place to sink eagerly into the torturers neck he jerked back to the here and now with a frown "did uh did you feel that?"

Rose glanced over at him with a raised eyebrow "I guess" she bit her tongue to stop herself from arranging a supernatural marathon with him. That was not something you arranged with strangers and this man was a stranger, albeit one who she was oddly comfortable around getting the text she sent back 'alright, we'll have bacon butties for dinner'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Joshua smiled at her, sighing slightly. He glanced down at his watch and frowned a bit. He had work a bit later that day, then rehearsal after that. Briefly, he debated taking up skateboarding. He decided against it. Running his fingers through his hair, lightly, he looked back over at her from where his gaze had drifted. "Should hang out some time... when we aren't randomly running into each other. And, I'd like to meet this Alex you mentioned." Anyone who would go to a supposedly 'serious movie' to laugh at it was okay in his books.

Thomas frowned a bit, noting a slight reaction in the other man before his question. "I... don't know. There was something. A pain in my head..." He handed the sketch back and rubbed his temples, closing his eyes, "God, I feel like I was just hallucinating..." He didn't feel like it so much as he actually had just hallucinated.

Alex pulled his phone out to look at the response before sliding it back into his pocket. He really hated exercise, why was he walking anywhere?He made it back to where their flat was and let himself regain his composure from the fact he hated walking. Once done, he moved to the neighbor's door, knocking more gently than before. He wasn't filled with rage this time, that helped.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Rose glanced at him "oi vey put your number into my phone and we can arrange something" she handed him her old beaten up Nokia with a hint of pride. She loved her old beaten up piece of crap as it was so affectionately named. It was reliable and for that she was happy.

Haytham refused to take the sketch back "keep it, it is the best way I can give you my thanks for letting me stay at your place" he smiled his old gray beanie newel slipping into his eyes he always wore it no matter the weather.

At the gentle rapping on his door tobeis frowned why was someone at his door? No one knew that he lived here except the lundburger chap. Taking a few breaths to calm himself he got up from the couch and gingerly opened the door a crack "can I help you?" He whispered, what he really meant was I don't care what your predicament is to away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Joshua took the phone, his hand shaking a bit as it touched hers. Another one of the damned flashes. Pain shot through his leg and he resisted the urge to grab it as he felt it break. He didn't see anything vision wise... just the pain of his knee dislocating and his lower leg snapping in half, the skin tearing violently. His hand tightened as he clenched his teeth a moment before the pain faded. Despite the brief show of pain, he acted as if it hadn't happened, adding in his number and handing it back to her.

Thomas smiled gently. He flexed his left hand a little, as if something was wrong with it. It felt a little stiff and sore. He gave a bit of a sigh, watching the other man, "You never said if you were going to take up my offer of a second night or not."

Alex tilted his head a little, curiously. "Greetings." His hello wasn't the most normal, he didn't care. He smiled a bit, hands clasped behind his back, just barely keeping himself from rocking back and forth on his feet. "We were wondering if you would come to dinner. It would be just at our place, bacon and such. Thought it'd be nice to, at least, be a little familiar with each other. We're neighbors, after all." He beamed at the man in his typical, slightly goofy way.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Rose frowned "you alright? you look like something just tore off your-" she got cut off with her own surge of pain. her right hand went to her left elbow and she shook with pain as the memory of having her arm sawed off made her rock back a little.

Haytham glanced up at him "I couldn't it would enroach on your home i thank you for the offer" he took out his canvas and began continuing his sketch from the other day. His eyebrows coming down over his eyes in a frown as his fingers began sketching a ship.

Tobias stared at him through the crack, why would he want to do such a thing? the offer of food was tempting but the idea of social interaction balanced it out. His eye that was shown through the crack was anxious and unsure of what to do. The pressure of making a choice made his palms quickly grow sweaty and he resisted the urge to rub them down the sides of his legs in an effort to dry them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Joshua touched her shoulder gently, steadying her. "I'm fine, brief random pain. Looks like you just got one, too..." He frowned a bit, sighing. He moved his hand away and sighed. He didn't know what was going on with this. The pain in his leg, his dreams last night. He could remember this girl pushing him out of the way of a bullet, taking it int her own arm. He could remember removing it for her. He actually knew how to patch up a wound, now. His dream had that much detail to it.

Thomas chuckled lightly, smiling at him, "Do you really think I'd offer if it would be encroaching?" He held the sketch gently as he watched the hat-wearing male, "I'm more than happy to let you stay." His words were sincere. It wouldn't be the first time he'd offered for someone to stay more than one night but, normally the offer was given to people he'd known longer. However, he trusted Haytham... it sort of felt like he had known him longer.

Alex smiled at him, "Come on, you really can't say no to bacon. It is bacon, after all." He shrugged a bit, no longer holding back his slight rocking motion, "We aren't evil, promise. Even if I did get a bit pissed over that game." He gave an apologetic smile, "I tend to rage a bit with games."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Rose frowned a little rubbing her am "what the hell is going on" she muttered to herself, naturally flinching away at his light touch on her shoulder she expected pain but suprisingly she got none for that she was grateful. She watched him with slightly accusing green eyes "if both of us are feeling this then it can't be something i ate"

Haytham looked shocked before he nodded "you have my thanks, i gladly accept" he nodded smiling, he really was suprised at how kind the blue eyed man was.

Tobe frowned he wanted to he really did but he found himself blurting out "i i don't like people" he closed the door behind him his back sliding up against it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Joshua sighed, his fingers going through his hair, "I don't know. But, I can say the feeling my leg snap in two places when nothing is actually wrong with it is not normal." He looked over at her, "It always has to do with you, though. I don't know why." He almost mentioned that it was when he was around her or thinking about her. That would be a creepy thing to say. 'Oh, yes, I dreamed about you last night,' because that would go over so very well.

Thomas smiled at him, "It's my pleasure. I like helping." In truth, it was something he actually wished he could do professionally, just take people in, give them a roof and food, even if only for a couple of nights. "I'll probably make something for dinner." He was running over what he had in his kitchen that would work. He settled on a bit of steak, probably a side of green beans. He had those things, yes.

Alex blinked a bit as the man blurted out the words and suddenly shut the door. He heard a small thud against the other side, suggesting the man had put his back against it. He tilted his head in confusion, slowly knocking on the door again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Rose sighed with annoyance "well its either a sign to stay away from each other or to hang out with each other what one of the two do you think is more likley?" she asked him. She was already planning on listening to some of her music when she got home, mmmm you're gonna go far kid that was gonna be fun.

Haytham smiled happily saying "if you want i could help, i hope you dont expect me to stay but not help out around the place" he smiled splashing some of his hard earned paint onto his painting and used a battered old brush to begin swirling it over the canvas.

Tobe frowned lightly oh god what was he going to do? he was going to think that hewas an old shut in who had like thirty cats. he was a shut in but he wasnt old and he didn't own any cats. He slowly opened the door properly grippin gthe doorknob tightly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Joshua shrugged, "Well, we've already started it... Does it happened every time that I touch you? I don't feel pain every time." He wording was a bit awkward. He sighed, chewing his lip briefly, "I say we keep poking at it. It's made me curious. The random pain, the flashes of what appears to be memory..." He trailed off at that, not having meant to have said it. "Well, anyway, it's got my attention."

Thomas still sat there, watching him paint, "Well, you can certainly help if you want to." His hand had stopped bugging him by now, which he was glad of. He figured they'd just stay here, let Haytham paint. When he was done, they'd head back and he'd cook.

Alex smiled as the door opened once more, pleased with the fact that it had opened fully. He studied the man a little. Well, then, he really did have nice eyes. "Nice to fully see you." He had a happy tone to his voice as he untilted his head. "We aren't people. Well, I mean, we are in the physical sense..." He shrugged a bit, not really knowing where he'd been going with that train of thought. "I'm Alex, by the way. Alex Lundburg."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Rose nodded not looking at him instead she was focusing on the water, "you touched my shoulder before, yet i felt no pain then" she chewed on her lip frowning slightly "It is all very weird, i had this weird one where i was lying on the ground you were doin gsomething i can't remember what but it had hurt me and then i saw someone about to kill you and ended up saving your life" she flushed red slightly "it is all rather maddening"

Tobe watched this person who called himself Alex through clouded gray eyes, they were set above a slightly wonky nose and scruff. Anxiety was written all over his face, being 5'11 he looked gawky and uncomfortable in his own skin, he said in a shockingly soft and quiet tone for a man "Tobias Flint" his words were a quiet whispering mumble. He wanted to slam his door shut and hide under his bed, gripping the door Knob tighter his tongue darted out to moisten his lips before it vanished again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Joshua raised an eyebrow at her, "You must have made a habit of that, my dream last night was you taking a bullet for me and then I patched you up." He glanced down at his watch again, sighing. It was really time he got going. He reached into his pocket, fishing a flyer for an event at some bar out. He held it out to her, "Here, I'm going to be there tomorrow night. Little bit more serious of a gig than what you saw earlier. Only playing a song or two. We could talk after. Bring people, come alone, doesn't matter to me." He smiled at her, "I've got to get going, I have rehearsal soon."

Alex had lifted his thumb up to his mouth to chew on it. He caught himself doing so and quickly dropped his hand back to his side, "Tobias, like the Animorphs." He smiled a bit, remembering the boy who'd gotten himself trapped as a Red-Tailed Hawk. He realized how geeky he sounded at that and made a face at his own behavior. His smiled returned at the anxious look on the other man's face, "Oh, I don't bite. My bark is worse, trust me." His head tilted a little, much like a dog's would, "We would enjoy it if you came to dinner, though. I like to think we're pretty nice people."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Rose nodded tucking the flyer into her pocket "alright, see you then there" she moved from her seat on the lip of the fountain pulling out a classic Ipod tucking the ear buds into her ears she played a song and walked off humming along to it.

Tobe blinked and shook his head "im um im fine t-thanks" he whispered even quieter now, he wanted nothing more than to close the door and have no more human interaction until he picked up his groceries tomorrow. He began closing the door, his hands sweaty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Joshua smiled a bit before standing and adjusting his guitar case. He wandered off, muttering lines under his breath in a rather comedic way, doing a few motions and facial expressions, as well, rehearsing as he walked. "Here's neither bush nor shrub, to bear off any weather at all, and another storm brewing; I hear it sing i' the wind: yond same black cloud, yond huge one, looks like a foul bombard that would shed his liquor. If it should thunder as it did before, I know not where to hide my head: yond same cloud cannot choose but fall by pailfuls." He was smiling as he recited them.

Alex frowned at that, "Am I doing something wrong?" He really didn't want this man to dislike him or be afraid of him or any of that. Alex normally found it pretty easy to talk to people, even if he was just babbling. He didn't understand how someone could dislike people this much. His head remained tilted. He looked confused and had a look of thinking he actually had done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Lana had gone to work and was working in the bar her short hair cropped to just below her jaw bone, she ignored the various pick up attempts and sighed feeling like some kind of object for men to ogle at. She hated this job but it was the best one to pick up information for the police, at least they paid her decently. Lana had nearly been raped several times at this bar but the mens behaviour was always excused as she was 'asking for it' or 'they were drunk' for that she had become filled with loathing for the owners of the bar. One of the owners had even been one of her attempted rapists.

Tobe cringed and hid behind the door more "n-no i j-just um don't like social s-stuff" his tongue flicked out to moisten his dry lips again. He hated stuff like this, he couldn't understand the look on the other mans face, he could usually only understand anger and happiness the rest of the emotions were like the bloody enigma and everyone else seemed to have the code book aaprt from him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Alex sighed a bit, raising his thumb to chew on it again rather awkwardly. "Maybe it could help? Just having a couple of people to talk to?" He shrugged a bit, looking down at his feet for a second before his eyes went back up to meet Tobias'. "I added you on Steam... maybe we could try just talking on there? Would that be more... comfortable? We could talk on there a bit and then you could decide about dinner?" He knew he was being a bit pushy about the dinner thing but, this guy really looked like he could use it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Tobias thought about it then murmured "alright..." he quickly closed the door and stood there shaking slightly his hands sweaty and his head dizzy. He licked his lips again shaking his head repeatedly as he tried to clear his head of the fuzz that seemed to grow within whenever he was faced with social activity.

Serving drinks to a man who was basically talking to her chest she rolled her eyes, she had refused point blank to wear the normal slutty uniform and instead wore the mens uniform. The owners had been annoyed at that but hardly anyone else would work here so they had to deal with it, speaking of the owners she hadn't seen Ralph around and that made her wary. The man was big hulking and more cunning that he appeared to be, sighing as they ran out of ice she turned to head out the back. As she entered the store room a hand shot out and grabbed her hair yanking her back into the sweaty alcohol ridden grasp of Ralph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Bar / With:Lana
Liam, still in his uniform, gave a sigh as he entered the bar. The sight of a cop, on duty or not, tended to quiet things down. He moved to the bar, lifting an eyebrow at the person there, "Lana?" He was pointed in the direction she'd gone. He headed towards the back, where the store rooms were.

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex sighed a little as the door was shut. He headed into he and Rose's flat and then up to his room. Grabbing his laptop, he flopped back on his bed, turning it on and opening Steam, sending just a simple, 'Hello.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Lana Stiffened her elbows jamming into the mans stomach, he grunted slightly before pulling her Deeper into the freezer, a sudden memory of being tortured and her legs flayed as well as an eye removed caused her to scream in pain her body tensing against Ralph who slammed his fist into the side of his face muttering "be quiet bitch" his hand was over her mouth muffling her scream. 

Moving up into his room where he kept the wifi modem he sat on his dark bed sighing at the comfortableness of it he leant his back against the wall and blinked as a hello came through. He heistated chewing on his lip anxiously before blinking as warm liquid dripped down his lip from biting on it. Wiping it away he sent back eventually a tentative Hello 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Liam Talbot, Police, 32, Divorced / Bar / With:Lana
Liam caught the sound of the scream. One advantage to being unable to feel was that it heightened his other senses, such as hearing, he was able to follow the sound once it was muffled. He pulled his gun from it's holster, heading towards the sound. It was definitely Lana he'd heard. He turned around a corner, gun aimed, as he saw the man, "Police. Release her."

Alex Lundburg, Student, 21, Single / His Room / With: --
Alex sighed as he waited for a response, it took a bit but, finally, there came the hello. He smiled a bit, typing and sending another message, 'I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to.'
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:55 pm

He smirked coldly "I didn't hurt her" he let her drop and she fell with a thunk gasping with the ghost like pain around her thighs and eye. Such pain had not been bestowed on her in years, one hand made its way up to her eye while the other one clasped her thigh, short gasps of air drawn into her lungs.

It is fine, i am just not used to people he typed back his fingers dancing over the keyboard he pulled up a game he was coding and returned to doing that the little chatbox up in the corner of his screen, choosing names for his characters and the like his brilliant gray eyes were focused on his work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Cicadas cry   When the Cicadas cry - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Cicadas cry
Page 4 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: