The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a Matter of Magic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 12:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Faolan is a 900 year old witch who's been quite happy to wander Ireland and the world for a while. Having found a trace of strange magic in a pub, he's working on finding the witch to make sure that they're not untrained, and therefore dangerous.

Saoirse is a young selkie-witch with no real knowledge of her witch heritage. Having sold her home after her father died, she's just roaming the country busking for money, unaware that she's leaving a breadcrumb trail of magic that Faolan can follow.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 am

He just laughed. "Didn't mean the knitting. Gee, that'd be a sight. The old grump knitting." He was highly amused by the image, and put another log on the fire. "Makes sense that he brought you here, this town has most of the selkie lore in these parts. Course, most of it is in my shop." He grinned at her. "You can't read? What's the issue with it? Usually if you've been with him a couple of weeks, you've got the basics down already." Wondering why she was so clammed up, he tilted his head at her. "You haven't told him much, huh? Why are you scared to talk about being a selkie then?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:17 pm

The idea of Faolan knitting made her giggle along with the other selkie, watching as he set another log on the fire, listening carefully as he explained that Faolan had brought her here most likely because of all of the selkie lore that was housed in his shop. Looking down at her knitting when Angus questioned her about reading, Saoirse didn't say anything, nor did she say anything about the fact that no she hadn't told her mentor much. Fiddling with the end of a needle she finally sighed softly and explained "I've tried and tried, I just can't, the letters warp and shift on the page, its okay if its one letter on its own most of the time, but a whole lot on one page they mirror and switch around with each other" sighing softly and tuckiing her hair back behind her ears she responded "its the rules, No going to the beach on a full moon, no going to the beach during storms, don't talk to anyone about being a selkie unless they are one" her voice was quiet and she spoke quite quickly. She didn't say who made up the rules instead Saoirse focused overly on her knitting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:30 pm

He rolled onto his back, watching her somewhat upside down as he heard the storm beginning. Pushing away the longing to play in the wild waters, he focused on the girl. “The letters move? One of my schoolfriends had that, called dyslexia. It takes a bit longer to learn to read, but it’s not impossible.” Giving her a quick, almost cheeky grin, he tilted his head at her rules. “You got some strong rules there, sweetheart. But you’re not entirely wrong, especially about the full moon one.” Finally rolling over he propped himself up on his elbows, enjoying the warmth of the fire. “What do you know about selkies, then? Once the storm is over, and the full moon’s passed, I’ll teach you what you don’t know. That’ll be half the reason witchy brought you here anyway.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am

As the storm started to hit, the female was instantly distracted her gaze turning toward the oceans direction hearing the surf become rough and wild. Imagining what it'd be like to swim in such turbulent seas, Saoirse reined herself in and forced herself to think about keeping the wall up while she knitted, "Dyslexia? I've never heard of it, would you be so kind as to go into some detail?" speaking more proper because of her trying to resist the sea. his words about the rules she'd always lived her life by gathered her attention, "They've kept me safe" her words were soft and quiet, it was true if it hadn't been for the rules she might have never come back to care for her ailing father. Angus rolled over and propped himself up on his elbows, the question made her think "a little, I can change into a seal" she'd only ever done that once her father hadn't been pleased and it'd taken her ages to shift back agian. "I want to learn all i can about being one" pale eyes that were disturbingly similar to roses in colour were bright and eager to learn
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Studying her, Angus took in the strangely similar eye colour to his Rose’s and wondered if they were related in any way. Deciding that they more than likely weren’t, since his girl was scots, he abandoned that like on thinking. “It’s where the letters of words get all mixed up and move about like ants. Makes it much harder to learn written stuff, but it’s not impossible.” Struggling against the storm’s pull, he shook his head a little, concentrating back on the girl. “Rules can be a good thing. Too many of them annoy a playful selkie. So you only know that you can change? Nothing of the lore or other abilities?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Well the description matched what happened to her, nodding a little "that matches what happens to me right down to a T" her fingers continued to work the needles and wool creating the scarf she'd only started a couple of days ago now. The next question made her think carefully to herself "Bronze, Bronze isn't okay, pure selkies have coats and without them they can't change and are mute"and that was about as much that she knew. Which was next to nothing feeling a little frustrated with how little she knew, the girl sighed "Could you please teach me about what I am?" there was a desire to know more about what she was, what it meant to be what she was. Interested enough to sit her craft to the side she leaned forward watching the other selkie intently, her burning desire to learn as much as she could reflected on her features.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm

He nodded. “Tell Faolan that’s what’s wrong then. I’m sure he’ll have a fix for you to help.” Giving a yawn, he got to his feet and paced to the big windows opposite the front door. They overlooked the sheltered cove and beach, and he often watched the sunrise from there. Yearning to go play in the storm, he watched the riled up waves for a few moments before returning back to the girl. “Bronze is more than not okay,” he told her gently. “It stops us shifting at all.” Knowing that the bronze issue was one of the more important things to know, he settled down to explain completely. “The highest quality bronze that is brand new and hasn’t touched the sea is the worst. It burns our skin, and completely shuts off the call of the sea. Older bronze, low quality bronze, or bronze that’s going green with age or being in the sea affects us less.” He paused for a moment, watching her face to make sure that she was understanding. “As a young selkie, any bronze will stop you shifting. Older selkies need newer and purer bronze, since they’re more powerful. Make sense?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:36 pm

It was the second night of being there, throughout the storm she'd spent time with Angus learning a bit more about what she was. The night of the full moon had arrived and it was taking everything she had not to drop everything and run to the place that was calling to her, she could see it in her minds eye a cove that was singing calling to her. Huddled in a corner with her teeth dug into her lip and trying to focus as hard as she could on her knitting she soon gave up and ended up on a chair with a hot chocolate in her hands. Jerking as the door slammed open and a short haired, stout woman walked in, drenched from the heavy rain of the storm that was pounding down she had a thick heavy over coat on and pale eyes searched the area for angus. Seeing him and closing the door behind her she moved over "Lucky charms i'm home" her scottish accent was thick and different to the irish Saoirse was used to. Confused at the term lucky charms she kept quiet guessing this was the selkies partner. "i brought your favourite" Rose added slyly, she'd rushed the last of her hunt in order to be back intime for the full moon.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Angus had known he’d likely be alone for the full moon, Rose had called earlier in the week to let him know that she wouldn’t be making it. Restless, he alternated between pacing the tiny apartment above the bookstore, and standing at the windows to stare out at the sea. His hands curled into fists whenever he shoved them into his pockets. He had to stay on land, he couldn’t abandon Rose, nor the young selkie who seemed to be having a bit more trouble than he was. Having installed her in a chair with a drink, he kept an eye on her, and jerked when the door slammed open. The so familiar voice was a surprise, but that didn’t stop him crossing the room to wrap his arms around her and bury his face in her shoulder. “Missed you.” It was muffled, and he eventually pulled back, not letting go. “You said you weren’t going to make it back?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Hugging him tightly she responded quietly "missed you too bookworm" her voice was the warm tone that only he received. Looking up at him when he queried about her making it back,
Rose shrugged "You needed me" which meant she'd taken a few stupid risks in order to get back on time. Kissing him affectionately she didn't care that her oilskin was dripping water onto the floor,
and only broke the kiss when she felt eyes on her. Looking around and spotting the pretty girl on the chair her eyes narrowed and she shot angus a look that meant 'explain.now' she'd been jealous as a human and was even more so as a demon. Very possessive over the only good thing in her life, she was wary to let anyonne else the chance to try and take him from her, the fact that the girl looked similar to herself except quite good looking didn't help matters. Saoirse had watched the interaction and at the look the shorter woman had given her was now very intently inspecting her drink as if expecting islands to form in its sweet liquid
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm

He kept his arms around her, enjoying the kiss, and held her close when she finally noticed Saoirse. “Leave the girl alone. She’s with your favourite witch, and she’s a selkie, so you doubly leave her alone tonight.” Tugging on her oil skin, he dumped the heavy coat on the floor, and ran his hand gently through Rose’s hair. “My favourite?” he prodded, deciding it would be best to distract her from the young selkie. “Where? Please?” It was storming, and it was a full moon, and he just wanted to curl in front of the fire and get drunk with her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Grumbling but deciding to go along with it she let him tug off the heavy coat. Her gaze gentling again when his hand ran through her short cropped hair, "You sound like an addict craving his next fix" guessing what he wanted she wandered over to the fire and pulled him with her. Sitting down and pulling the large bottle out of the thick jacket she had been wearing underneath, the demon offered it to him not bothering to drink any herself as she couldn't get drunk anymore. Wanting to do nothing more than to get him drunk and distract him from the call of the sea amplified by the sea and the moon, Rose scowled "You haven't been shaving again, Monkey-face" she scolded him running her hand along his jaw. He knew that she hated the sensation of whiskers brushing against her skin, warm kisses or smooth jaw were much preferred. Tucking herself in next to him and resting her head on his shoulder rose sighed quietly listening to the rain on the roof. They'd been through so much, she wasn't going to let him leave, then she'd be alone, truly alone and she wasn't sure what she'd do, probably go dark and get his brother to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Grinning at her observation, he just followed her to the couch, sitting beside her and taking a mouthful straight out of the bottle. There was no use in getting a glass, he wasn’t going to share it with her. “Got distracted,” he responded, kissing her again. “I’ll do it tomorrow, grumpyguts.” Tossing another log onto the fire, he snuggled close to her, intent upon getting drunk. It was the way that worked for him to get through the full moon, plus he had his Rose. He was determined never to leave her, she was his grounding, and what kept him from just leaving the land and never coming back. The selkie girl would figure out a way to get through the long nights eventually.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Snorting at his response she let him snuggle into her, rose pecked a kiss to his head affectionately. Hugging him tightly so he couldn't go even if he tried she was silently thankful that the lights weren't flickering tonight, nothing fucked her off more than the damned lights flickering which happened all the more often now that she was a demon. Nuzzling into him, she idly fiddled with his wavy hair that became curly when he got it wet, "mm you smell nice" Rose told him unashamedly,she liked her partners smelling good. He smelt of books, of the sea, wood from putting logs on the fire and just him, becoming happier again she paid zero attention to the selkie girl as she got up and slipped out of the room.

Saoirse watching them carefully had decided they'd probably be happier without her there, finishing her drink she put the cup in the kitchen and slipped down into the book shop and then a floor lower into the basement. Having brought her knitting with her as an attempt at distraction from the sea she managed to find Faolan and sat down near him starting her needles up again "Angus thinks i have dyslexia" she murmured quietly, looking up at the other witch after a moment she added "You knew I was a selkie, or suspected I was one didn't you?" a little surprised he hadn't said anything and instead had brought her here instead she was seeking a way to distract herself from the moon the storm and the sea
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Hearing the soft footsteps, the witch looked up from his books, watching his student. He’d been holed up in the basement since they’d got there, wanting to get through as many books as he could before it was time to leave again. Flicking his fingers at the light, he turned it one, guessing that if she’d brought her knitting, she’d want more light than the single one he had on the book-covered desk he was sitting at. “Dyslexia? Thought so, figured he’d know with more certainty.” Reaching across the table, he picked up the pair of glasses sitting there, and handed them to her, along with a book. “Try reading with those on,” he told her. While she did so, he answered her question. “Yes, I guessed. Angus is better to teach you than I am. He’s explained a fair bit then?” Tilting his head, he studied her. “He’s drunk and his partner is back, right? Would make sense, she keeps him grounded here.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Taking the glasses when they were passed to her and putting them on, she picked up the book and guessing he wanted her to try and see if they helped flicked to a random page. Staring at the words she didn't yet know her features brightened suddenly "i can see the letters! They're not going all over the place!" looking up at faolan there was an unmistakable look of gratitude on her face "Thank you" now she could finally learn and catch up on all the years she'd missed out on. Pushing them up onto her forehead to keep them out of the way, nodding in response to the question if she'd been told a bit by him. Saoirse tilted her head in return when she was studied "Yeah, he is and she is" fidgeting without realizing it some part of the young selkie was constantly moving distracted by the sea and she didn't have anything to securely ground her. So far her witchblood and instruments had been enough to keep her on land although she'd never been this close to the sea on a full moon or during a storm often heading deep inland to escape the tempting song. Unable to shift freely going into the water as a person would likely be a death sentance with the sea the way it was at the moment yet it still called for her relentlessly and it was becoming harder and harder to resist
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Giving her a wry smile at the news that the older selkie was likely drunk, Faolan wasn’t surprised at all. “He’ll be fine by morning, if it’s not still storming.” Glad that the glasses helped, he turned the page of the old book carefully, studying the new spell there. Brightening when he discovered that it could be interesting, he stole a bit of her wool to put a bookmark in it, and looked at her again. “He’ll tell you a bit of witch lore too, if you ask him. We’ll be staying here maybe a month, maybe a bit more. Depends how long he needs to teach you about being a selkie.” He also knew that the selkie had bit of jade and rowan lying around the place, and Saoirse needed to know about them as well. Deciding to keep her distracted, he put the old book away, and pulled out the pad of paper again. “Put those glasses back on, let’s try and distract you from the storm and the moon, aye? Don’t worry about the wall on your magic, I’ll keep an eye on it. Just don’t blow up Angus’s shop, he won’t be happy for losing all the books.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 am

Happy for the distraction that was her mentor talking, Saoirse listened carefully making a mental note to ask the older selkie about witch lore as well as selkie lore, since she was here she might as well make full use and learn everything she could from Angus. Tilting her head a little when Faolan set the old book down that was written in a language she couldn't decipher his suggestion of distracting her brightened her features. Flipping her glasses down onto her nose and dragging her chair closer so she was right beside him, looking down at the note pad where they'd written down the alphabet the change in her confidence to do with reading was obvious. Still pointing to each letter as she read it out she was more certain of what letter was what now they weren't moving around or flipping themselves backwards on her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 am

Content with how she was reading, and with the sun nearly rising, Faolan ended the lesson on a good note, tucking the pad and book they'd been using away. Finding the shell bracelet in the bag, he tugged it out. "Hold out your hand, youngster." Once she had, he dropped the item into it, watching her. "I found this a few years back on a beach. Felt like a selkie had been shifting there, so I had a feeling it was theirs, but they haven't come for it." Studying her for a few more moments, he spoke again. "I have a feeling the beach was where you first shifted? The bracelet's yours, it will help you when Angus starts to teach you. Keep it safe."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 11:27 am

Taking off the glasses and sipping them into a pocket she rubbed her eyes feeling a little tired, when told to hold out her hand she did so. Blinking when something was placed in her hand, the warm response her body and soul had to it was something she'd never experienced, inspecting it and realizing it was a bracelet she looked wordlessly at Faolan as if he'd given her the world. Listening carefully as he explained how he'd found it she didn't put it on until he said it was hers, "It feels right" she murmured tracing her fingers over the shells "Thank you Faolan" quite entranced with it she liked the way it felt against her skin like it was meant to be there. Wondering what the time was she yawned and stretched luxuriously feeling her stomach complain, the redhead wondered idly what would be for breakfast
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 am

Watching her, and feeling as her magic settled a bit more, the old witch gave a satisfied nod. It was as he'd thought - the bracelet was her equivalent of a coat. That should make it much easier for Angus to teach her about herself and the selkies. Putting away the books, he stood up, leaving his staff leaning against the wall. "Come on, sun's rising, sounds like the storm's blown itself out. Angus should be stirring soon, and you're probably hungry." He glanced over his shoulder at her, then headed up the stairs. Glad that the selkie had ended up putting internal stairs from the main bookstore into his flat rather than using the outdoor ones, he went up those as well, making more noise than normal just to piss off the most likely still drunk selkie. Spotting Angus still curled up on the couch with his demon, the witch merely rolled his eyes and moved into the kitchen, hungry.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Feeling more complete with the simple bracelet around her wrist she found she also liked the gentle noise it made whenever she moved. Following him as she was indeed hungry, Saoirse climbed the stairs and wandered up the steps up through the bookshop a little intrigued that her mentor was making much more noise than needed. Giggling softly when she figured out why she silently moved into the kitchen and poked around until she found ingredients to make toast, soon sitting down with peanut butter on toast she tucked into it contentedly eating no more than two pieces of bread more than used to not living on much.

Awake as demons didn't sleep either apparently, rose snorted softly, brushing back her selkies hair out of his face. Her thoughts resumed to what she'd been thinking about the entire night, she was sick of being a demon despite the power, she wanted to be able to get drunk again, sleep again not worry that she'd loose the fight to be good and go dark again
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Amused at Saoirse’s laughter, Faolan found himself some breakfast as well ebfore indicating the obviously somewhat hungover selkie. “Once he’s not so dead to the world, I think he’ll be taking you to the beach.” He didn’t bother to keep his voice down, and smirked when the loudness made the selkie stir. Angus grumbled softly, snuggling closer to Rose before he yawned and gave a sigh. Cursing the witch in gaelic, he stumbled his way to the shower and stood there for a while, half contemplating drowning himself. At least he’d got through the full moon though. Finally finished, he came out looking much more alive. The witch merely smirked again at the cold glare he received, and wandered back downstairs. He’d come join them on the beach when Angus let him know that he was needed.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Letting him go when he wandered off, his cursing just made the short redhead snicker, ignoring the pair of witches she got up and stretched before wandering down and out of the bookshop. Squinting up at the sun she wandered off to find something to do with herself while Angus was busy with the witch girl, ending up flicking through some of the lore she'd dug up she focused intently on the part about turning demons human. Soon becoming very engrossed despite the boring way the text was written its content was enough to keep her reading.

Picking up a couple of new words that were apparently insults, she kept her smile to herself, eager to set off for the beach she waited surprisingly paitently for Angus to show up after his shower. Up on her feet and ignoring the cold glare that got sent towards the witch Saoirse watched the older selkie quietly
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Knowing that Rose was around now, Angus was more relaxed than he had been the previous two nights. Rummaging around for some toast, he pushed his wet hair out of his face and glanced at the girl. He’d already pocketed some rowan and some jade, though he wasn’t going to touch bronze. Faolan was going to have to show her that one. “Come on then, kid.” Still waking up, his accent was quite thick, and he tilted his head towards the door. “Beach is that way.” If the others wanted to come down, then they would eventually. He had a selkie to teach first though. Leading the way, he had his own coat over his arm. With the storm gone, the sea would be fun to play in, if the girl could learn how to control it. “You said you knew how to shift? How’d you learn?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a Matter of Magic   Just a Matter of Magic - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a Matter of Magic
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next