The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost at sea, time and space

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killian and Skye got their hands on an ancient magical doohickey that suddenly carked into life and sent him down the worm hole of time and space and after at some point during this slip saw a TARDIS and a couple of OOD ended up finding himself in a comfortable enough apartment heavily influenced by a love f the sea. Claire has been working at the FBI for a number of years now after escaping Ices rule, coming home late one night she finds the pirate that she knows exceedingly well despite never having met him before. Finally poor innocent flower crown lamb hearted baby nathan got himself sent back in time because of the ancient magical doohickey and landed face first on skyes ship with his only belongings being what he had in his pack at the time and the clothes on his back. With the doohickey broken and in killians possession for now Ices shadows have picked up on what happened and are now searching for him and the magical doohickey.
Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 B997213d5bc01eab9d9521198e166690
^ said ancient magical doohickey
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 pm

He leaned on the saddle horn while he waited, thinking through the bird's words. Hearing the footsteps, he looked over, and lifted his eyebrows at the woman. "I assume you're the bird, then." With Claire as a foster child, he'd long gotten used to strange things happening around her. This was just another odd occasion. "Found what you were looking for?" Studying her, he considered how they were going to get back, and gave a sigh, sliding off the horse. They could walk back, it wasn't too hard going down.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Nodding she replied to his words with a nod per question, holding the cold metal object in her hand tightly. Wearing out dated clothes and navigating the terrain with a surprising experienced look, she didn't say much. Now she had it back perhaps she could get her brother to leave, perhaps part of it all was the fear of being left alone. He was all she had. The rest of it was a desire to keep him safe from pain and distress, once they got to the farmhouse however she stopped. There was an unwillingness to disturb the peace her brother had temporarily found, sighing she sat down on the porch and set the orb down beside her. She wanted him happy and the girl made him happy, but she could see that it would break him a little to leave her behind, sore from the forced shift the woman sighed and closed her eyes unsure and disliking the fact that she was unsure
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:15 pm

He kept quiet on the way back, tending to the horse and letting him loose in the paddock again before heading over to the woman, his hands slipped into his pockets. Sitting nearby, he studied her a moment. "Are you okay, sheila? Is there anything I can do to help you?" She seemed somewhat upset, though at least she didn't appear stuck as a bird any more. That would probably be helping. Wondering how Claire was going, he glanced at the door a moment, and then turned his attention back to the woman in front of him. Claire could fend for herself for now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:41 pm

At the voice she changed, the slight air of unhappiness leaving her and her aura becoming calm nothingness like she was taught. "I am absolutely fine there is nothing to concern yourself with Julian." Studying him with difficult to read brown eyes, Melissa observed him silently a little more wary of him now. It would be best to keep to herself from now on, not that she was worried of becoming attached. She didn't form bonds with people after all, she was more wary of him getting in her way. As a human again she suddenly had a lot more interest in the horses, she'd had interest in them back in her own time but had never had much to do with them. Here everything she'd learnt from watching Julian when it came to horses suddenly felt a lot more interesting and important
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:51 pm

He didn't believe her, but said nothing about it. "Well, if there is, I'm always happy to listen to you. Hungry?" He leaned back in the chair, content with watching the sun setting, and the animals moving about comfortably. He propped his feet on the small table there, giving a quiet sigh. "He's good for Claire," he finally murmured. "I've not seen her this relaxed unless she's with the horses."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 pm

There was nothing to talk to him about, picking up the orb and looking at it she appeared not to hear when he mentioned Claire. She didn't care about the girl at all, she cared about her brother and that was about it. Fiddling with the strange thing, musing to herself that Julian was foolish if he expected her to magically care about the impact her brother had on the girl, Melissa tucked the heavy orb away and closed her eyes. She was hungry enough but not enough to warrant summoning the energy to get up and find something to eat, the forced change had left her tired.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Hanging around for the vet, the man finally arrived, much to Julian's relief. He'd roped Killian into sticking around, since he seemed to know the mare well and she seemed to trust him. "Dave, good to see you. Mare's in the stallion yards. We managed to get the bridle and some of the harnessing off her, but she's too skittish to let us get anything else off her." He wasn't sure what Claire's plans for the morning were, but that was fine. She'd probably be dealing with her gelding anyway. Unsure of what was wanted from him regarding Rose, Killian resigned himself to stick around, eyeing the newcomer warily.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

A vet that had come over from britain he'd been working in the area for about fourty years, greeting Julian with a smile the older man listened carefully before nodding. He'd have to sedate her from the sounds of it, she'd need her teeth done so he'd need that equipment as well. Picking out what he'd need from the car some of it was handed to Julian to hold onto, an avid hunter the vets dart hit the mare in the rear on his first go. Waiting for her to go down he was soon working quickly over her "Do her feet while i do her teeth, then get the rest of that crap off of her" he ordered firmly beginning to rasp the mares teeth as best heh could with her lying on her side. Melissa had wandered out to watch reservedly, features not giving away what she thought about it all
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Julian didn't answer, already getting to work on the mare's feet. Killian hesitated, then crouched on the other side of the mare beginning to work at the buckles and straps to get the harness off. He knew that she wouldn't want to be down any longer than she had to be. Julian was soon finished with her feet, hoof raspings scattered through the grass, and got to work on her dreadlocked tail, cutting as many dreadlocks as he could out while leaving her enough of a tail to keep flicking the flies away.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Finishing the mares teeth he moved to the hobbles at her pasterns, removing them and wincing in sympathy at the raw wounds underneath he carefully flushed them with water before applying a topical ointment that would help it heal and hopefully reduce infection. "Try and clean them at least once a day, if she won't let you close using a hose will do" he advised pushing the simple glasses up his nose with a finger "going by her teeth id say she's about eight or nine" once the black haired young man had finished removing the old crusty tack he reversed the anaesthesia and left the paddock heading over to Claire's mount to do his teeth. Chatting away to her, remembering her from when she was little and finding out she'd quit her job he suggested trying out what it was like to be a vet. She clearly loved horses and becoming an equine vet although a daunting task could be very rewarding. Finishing the gelding with little worries he packed up his things knowing to put the cost into Julian's account with them. "Good luck with the mare, looks like you'll need it" with a slight smile the man was soon gone leaving rose coming too and scrambling up into her feet with several rude descriptive words for the lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Killian listened in silence, amused at the man's guess at how old Rose was. Saying nothing about it, he stayed in the paddock to watch her, making sure that she'd be okay. Seeing that the red mare would be okay, Julian headed over to lean on the gelding's fence, half listening to the conversation between Claire and the older vet. He liked the idea, it would be good for her. She'd be able to travel like she enjoyed doing, and still have her horses and her home here if she wanted. Nodding to the vet as he left, Julian looked at Claire again. "Anything he said catch your attention, bear?" he asked. he wasn't worried about the red mare now, Killian was in the paddock with her, and seemed to be trusted a little. The man in question only grinned at Rose's comments, leaning on her fence. "Stop complaining, you got the hobbles and harness off now."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Standing with the doped up gelding Claire nodded, the idea of being a vet was a good one and one she'd have to follow up after this whole debarkal was sorted. "I liked the suggestion of being a vet" although there were plenty of oppurtunites to choose from she half wanted to give them all a go. Feelng like she had options and wasn't cornered she was able to relax and tug some food out of the horses mouth. He needed to wait until the drugs wore off, not wanting to risk the silly thing choking, stroking him quietly she glanced over at the red mare a little questionningly

The mare just snorted why don't you get tranqued and assualted she grumbled a little wobbly on her feet she wandered to the far end of the yards to lean against the fence. She didn't like ths feeling that the drugs gave her, it was almost like she couldn't quite breathe properly, keepng her thoughts to herself she focused on breathing slowly and carefully struggling against the panic
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Julian nodded, tipping his head back. "You'd be good at that. You've got the years to study and try what you like, at least." He personally reckoned she'd be best at being a trainer, but if she wanted to be a vet he wasn't going to hold her back. As long as she found something she enjoyed doing, he didn't care what it was. Spotting her gaze at the red mare, he followed it, watching at she wobbled around. "Here's hoping she'll settle a bit more now," he murmured.

Killian grinned, making his way over to her and scratching her shoulder gently where she liked it. "The shadows could help drive the last of it away," he murmured. "If you want them to." She was so much more skittish than when he'd last seen her, he was scared to know what happened to her in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Claire smiled shyly "I kinda want to try everything to do with horses" nodding at his murmured words about the chestnut thing, "Hopefully" her gaze drifted to Killian lingering on the male for a few moments before she hastily refocused her attention on her gelding. Despite her efforts her mind kept wandering, silently remprimanding herself she began grooming the gelding trying to focus.

Jerking her head up as he came over she watched him warily relaxing slightly when he scratched her shoulder That'd help, the green eyed chit was staring at you, got something you'd like to confess dimwit? the mare asked still using the fence to help keep her upright
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Julian tugged on her braid. "You're a good one with the horses, you'll do well." Noticing her gaze drifting over to Killian, he grinned again. "Getting distracted, bear?" He leaned on the fence, amused at how suddenly shy she was.

He frowned at the mare, shadows carefully helping to drive away the after effects of the drugs. "What about your back feet? Want them to heal those or not this time?" He kept scratching her, knowing that she enjoyed it, and glanced over at Claire when she was mentioned. "I don't know what you're on about, grumpyguts."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Claire just shot him an innocent look as a shadow nipped him, cheating a little and letting her shadows burn off the last of the drug in the gelding she spoke "Well I have chores to do, no time to sit about shooting the breeze" wandering off with her hands slipped into her pockets she whistled lightly a soft tune that had the gelding perking his ears at her curiously.

As the drug was burnt off she stood properly and stretched contentedly tossing her head up a little enjoying the scratching although still keeping an eye on him. Finally moving away from him having had enough of people being near her for one day she took a large mouthful of grass and watched him chewing contentedly Probably later there was only so much she could handle at the moment. Ears perked forward watching Julian curiously the mare swished what was left of her tail, with the display she'd put on she'd not expected anyone but kill-buyers to want her so she didn't understand the males motives
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 pm

He just snorted, offering the gelding his hand to sniff before heading off. He wanted to start work with red mare today, and hopefully she'd be okay with it. Slipping into the paddock, he watched her a moment, wondering how she'd go. Killian had nodded at her words, his shadows melting away to leave her alone, and he glanced at the stockman. "She wants to be alone," he said simply, and went off to find his sister. he wanted to make up with her so she wasn't annoyed with him any more. Julian sighed, but went to the mare. "Feeling better now, ginger?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Grumbling to herself, she stretched around to itch her side before watching as the stockman made his leisurely way over. Becoming a little more wary as he got closer she shifted her weight and twitched her ears back a little defensively, yes enough that she wouldn't attack him right off the bat although she still was considering it. what do you want of me then? she asked a little reservedly as well as resigned. If he wanted to do something there wasn't much she could really do about it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:58 pm

He shrugged, offering her a bit of the carrot he'd stashed in his pockets. "Just checking on you, see if you wanted to do any work, or keep resting." He didn't move from where he'd stopped, letting her make the choice to take the carrot or not. "Not gonna force you to work here, you're okay." He studied her, eyeing her pasterns and wincing when he saw how bad they were. "There's nothing for you to pull either. You won't be asked to do that again."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Loosing some of her wariness at the treat she stepped forward carefully and took the treat quickly like it was going to be snatched away. backing up a couple of steps and crunching it happily she considered his words I'm used to working and being busy, suppose it depends what kinda work you got in mind, Kangaroo Jackshe finally replied with a flick of her ears the closest she could get to shrugging her shoulders. A fly landed on a pastern and isntead of flicking her tail she simply lashed out with a back leg without warning, itchy again she turned her head and agitatedly scratched that spot before resuming watching him intently
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 pm

He offered her another piece of carrot, not bothered about her snatching just yet. They could work on that later, once she was more comfortable with him being around her. "Depends what work you want to do," he responded. "It'd be easy to start with, get you back into shape while letting those wounds heal and your coat grow back to a proper length. Then you can test things and see what you like." He gave a little shrug, keeping out of reach of her back hooves. "Itchy?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Eyeing the new bit of carrot the same thing happened, crunching on the tasty vegetable she considered it Never been rode that looked like a new experience that could lead to good work. Keeping out of reach still uncertain about letting anyone very close for long she licked her lips thoughtfully. She liked working hard, it was something she'd gotten used to, despite having horrible tack she'd still enjoyed the physical labour, tired muscles meant she could sleep and not worry.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:21 pm

He considered it, fishing out another piece of carrot for her. "I can teach you that. It'd be bareback and with a neck rope to start with while your mouth heals from the bits. I can't image you want anything around your head, either." It would make for an interesting training, with her being able to tell him exactly what was going on so that he could help her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Snatching the carrot and crunching it, the ginger mare nodded Head is off limits she confirmed swallowing the piece and looking at him for more, standing a little closer than she had been before. The animals fear was battled with the ever present hunger, stretching her head out to sniff at him in an attempt to pick up the scent of more carrot she shifted her weight a little torn between keeping out of reach and sticking her nose in his pockets to hoover up any remaining pieces of carrot.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 pm

He chuckled a little, finding another piece and offering it to her. "Like carrot, do you? Good to know. I'll keep away from your head, don't worry. Unless it's unavoidable, but I'll try not to let that happen." He still hadn't moved much, his only movements were taking the carrot out and offering it too her, keeping himself predictable so she could learn to relax. "It'll have to wait until your pasterns are healed regardless, so a bit more lazing around in a paddock for you for now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost at sea, time and space   Lost at sea, time and space - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at sea, time and space
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next