The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Luna went bright red as Julian looked at her before speaking. "Scared? Nope more like petrified." she said with big eyes, "Normally don't see the buggers but I do know theres a chance." She kept her eyes on the way the brown had slithered off as he finished with Majors hose down and turned him loose. "Im sorry for jumpin onto ya." she said as he ran his fingers through his hair and she watched the strands run over his skin.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 pm

"Not to worry, mate. Everyone's afraid of something. Snakes at least are easy to keep an eye out for." With another sigh, Julian decided to head inside. "Fancy a cuppa? Or something cold, in this heat." He grinned, guessing that she might not be used to the heat. "Come in and have a yarn in the cool. Tell me 'bout yourself." He wandered inside, kicking off his boots, and hanging his hat on the hook before finding the bottle of water he kept in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:10 pm

She shyly nodded when he asked if she wanted a drink and she followed him up to his house. She kicked her boots off and pushed her sunnies to the top of her head. "Theres not much to say about me." she said softly leaning against the kitchen counter. "Im 21 years old, lived in south-east Queensland at Toowoomba before my grandparents passed away and left me both farms. Both my parents are mostly absent with work so they probably haven't even noticed I've moved down here yet. They brought me Nyx two years ago when I started to train in dressage and we have learnt together." She shrugged not know what else there was to tell him about her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:14 pm

"Ah, a queenslander. That explains it all." He gave her a gentle smirk, and pushed a glass of water over to her. "Not much experience in running a farm then? Wouldn't seem so." He leaned back against the bench, watching her over the rim of his glass. "So what made you move down here instead of leaving the work to the boys, as you call them."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Luna picked up the glass with a look of thanks and her head tilted slightly. "What do ya mean by me bein a queenslander explains it all?" she asked. At his question she shrugged slightly. "I have a certificate in business and Mark asked me to come take over the books for the farms. And an abusive ex doesn't help. Cant find me down here or I hope he cant." she whispered the last part softly with a slightly haunted look in her gray eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 pm

He laughed, gesturing to the land outside. Obviously she hadn't realised he was teasing her. "You're deep in New South Wales land here, sheila. Be prepared for plenty of good natured ribbing once the rest of us find out." He tilted his head, studying her. She was quite young to have a cert in business, he hadn't even bothered to do anything like that yet, quite content with working the farm. Of course, certain events had happened around the time he'd been about to start, and he'd just never picked it up again.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:56 pm

She chuckled when she realised that he was teasing her and she knew that she would get the ribbing when it finally came out. "Ok I get your point there." she said shaking her head slightly, "What?" She gazed back at him wondering why he was almost studying her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:58 pm

"Just curious," he responded. "Quite young for a cert in business, aren't you? Never got around to doing what I was planning, few things cropped up at the time." He ran his hand through his hair, his thoughts turning to the rest of the work he had to do for the day.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:03 pm

She shook her head slightly. "Not really I did a tafe cert 3 while in school and im workin on gettin my cert 4 currently around trainin Nyx, Star and Breaker." she explained before taking a drink from her glass. "You seem to have no need for a cert. You are a successful trainer and can do all your paperwork perfectly from what ive seen."
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:14 pm

"Trainer I may be, but it's still useful to have a cert. All I know I learnt from my father, so I'm sure there's something else out there that I can learn with regards to behaviour at least. I suppose I'll get around to it eventually. Keeping an eye on the neighbour's land, he's murmuring something about selling, so that would be nice to snag. Be able to expand a bit more then, which would be good." He refilled his glass, taking another mouthful.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Luna nodded seeing his point and she shifted her weight slightly. "More room is always nice." she said softly. "Would you run more cattle? Or expand on the horse side?" She finished her glass and moved up beside him to place it into the sink after rising it out. She turned to look up at him with her hip on the counter, close but still with a bit of distance between them.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:28 pm

He shrugged. "It's better land for cattle than this place. Probably move them over, keep the sheep here. Give me more room to fix up the horse yards, able to take on more clients. Probably expand the dog pens too, they're getting old." He caught himself before he rambled more, and gave a quick grin. "'Scuse my rambling."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Luna nodded and she giggled slightly at his rambling. "Don't worry. Its nice to see someone who is passionate about what they do. I hope you manage to get the property if he does sell, it would be a really good buy from the sounds of it." she told him, "Hows the mare comin along?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:55 pm

He just grinned, not at all ashamed of rambling. "It's all a waiting game in this town. Those plans will likely come about in ten or so years. There's no rush in this area." He put the glass in the sink, and tugged his hat back on. "She's going well. Happy enough to be brushed all over, working on picking up her hooves now. Still headshy, but that's being worked on slowly."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 10:02 pm

She shook her head in amazement that someone could take so long to do something. She was more accustomed to getting things done in a timely fashion and she followed him to the door as he put his hat on. "That's a long time. But I can see why there is no really rush down here, its a nice change from up north." she said pulling her sunnies off her head. "She looks much healthier and happier than she did when I first saw her. I will see you next time Julian. Thank you for the cold drink." Lightly squeezing his arm she walked to her car and left him to continue his day like he was planning on doing.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 10:15 pm

"Aye, she'll turn out alright." He followed her out, tugging his boots up in the process. Settling his hat, he over into the back garden where he grew his veggies. It had been a while since he'd last weeded them, and it reminded him of his mother. Pausing a few minutes in, he let the dogs off their chains, happy to let them run around while he tended to the garden.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

The next day Luna pulled into the saddlers to get Star and Breaker measured for their custom saddles for barrel comps and a proper saddle for practising. Unloading them she hitched them up to the side of the truck as the owner came out. Smiling she shook his hand and they began to measure the pair.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Up before the sun, Julian ate only a piece of toast for breakfast before he packed his lunch, and went out to saddle Ned. With his two most experienced dogs at his heels, the stockman was soon on his way to muster the cattle in the paddock furthest away from the house. They were the oldest cows he had, and were only in the paddock to keep the grass under control. It was high time they were brought back down for their check up and drenching. Humming quietly, he saddled the gelding, and set off for the top paddock, the dogs happily running at the horse's heels.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Luna soon was loading her horses back up with their saddles and matching bridles selected to fit them both perfectly and match their coats beautifully. She was about to leave when she saw a young dog hiding in the shadows and moving forward she was able to draw it out. Picking the young kelpie up she carried her to the truck and placed her on the seat looking for any identification that might tell her who this pup was or who owned her. Not finding anything or feeling a microchip she headed to the vet only to find that the pup was unidentifiable and they had no room to keep the pup at that time. She headed home and gave the 8 week old dog some puppy milk and soft food that the vet had given her. At a lose of what to do with a dog she decided to go see if Julian would be willing to take him on or at least give her some advice as all the boys were out the back and wouldn't be back for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Knowing that he wouldn't be back until dark, Julian had packed what he needed for the day, and soon found the cattle. Only counting half of them, he sent the dogs through the scrub searching for the rest of them. Stopping for a lunch break near the dam, he let the animals rest and drink while he ate his lunch, content with working in the bush. He loved his land, and days like this were appreciated. it wasn't too hot, but it was a gorgeous day with clear blue skies. Finishing his lunch and tossing the scraps to the patiently waiting dogs, he was soon on Ned again, and slowly moving the cattle back towards home.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 11:53 pm

It was late before Luna was able to head over to Julians and she settled the horses into their paddocks with a few biscuits of hay, and refilled their water troughs. It had been an amazing day that had allowed them to work a little longer than she normally would but she had finally start her new pair cantering between barrels so it had been a good day. After checking on the pup she left with a large bowl of creamy chicken pasta heading to Julians. Pulling up she saw him herding cattle into a paddock near the house and she got out with the bowl in hand and waited for him to finish up.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 am

Tired from the work, he didn't register that he had a visitor, working the cattle wearily into the cattle yards. he'd finish them up in the morning, then take them back out the day after. Once the gate was closed, the dogs flopped onto the ground, panting heavily. Julian simply patted Ned's neck and guided him over to the hitching post before sliding off. Heaving a sigh as he stood on his own feet for the first time in hours, he got to work untacking the patient gelding, sponging him off before turning him loose with some hay. Next were the dogs, who were fed, and chained again, and finally he registered that someone was watching.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:11 am

Luna watched silently and admiringly as Julian took care of his animals not seeming to notice she was there. When he did she moved closer with a soft smile and held the cover bowl out. "I have a peace offering." she told him shyly.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:14 am

He really wasn't in the mood to deal with people, but he pushed that aside, taking the bowl. "Peace offering? Really not necessary, sheila." He managed to offer a weary smile, and began to walk to the house, thoroughly ready for bed. "What are you asking for now, then?"
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 am

Luna shrugged a shoulder sheepishly with a small smile. "I feel bad for always buggin ya and you look dog tired right now." she said falling into step beside him, "What do you do with an eight-week old dog? He has no identification and the vet said he looks like a kelpie cross. I found him abandoned. Ive never had a dog much less a pup and the boys are out checkin the back fences and wont be back for a few days and I know you have dogs so I thought you might be able to help." she said with panic seeping into her tone when she spoke of the dog because she was afraid of stuffing up and causing the dog harm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: