The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equus Asinus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

Equus Asinus - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luna and Jules
horse people
in australia
yabba dabba do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:21 am

He paused at the door, thinking through what she'd said. "A kelpie cross? Interesting that it was abandoned, they're a farmer's best friend out here. Especially at eight weeks. Best thing to do is to start training them, get them used to sheep or cattle or both. Stockwhips and horses too. But if you've never had one, don't start with a kelpie. They're not a beginner's dog. Best find a stockman who needs a dog."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 am

"I don't know all I know is its skinny and in need of fattenin up cause there was nothing to eat in the ally that I found him. And whos gonna want to take on a half-staved pup from the city chick?" she asked running her hands through her blonde hair. She had heard the name that most locals called her and while it was true, it still made something harder to do or get info on.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 am

He gave a quiet sigh, reworking his plans for the morning. "Come back in the morning with the pup, I'll see what I can do," he told her. "Panicking tonight isn't going to do any good." He lifted the bowl of pasta. "Thanks for this, now if you'll excuse me." Not caring that he was probably being a bit rude, he went inside, shutting the door firmly behind him.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:32 am

Luna nodded when he told her to bring the pup around in the morning and she forced herself to take a few deep breaths to stop panicking. "Night Julian." she said as he shut the door. It had been a bit of an abrupt end but she understood. He had been out most likely all day bring the cattle in and then she had turned up in a panic on him when all he wanted to do was crash. Getting into her car she headed home for the night.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:38 am

Shoving the bowl into the fridge, Julian simply went straight to bed, wanting to sleep more than anything. it was a good night's sleep, and as usual he woke with the sun. IN a better mood now that he wasn't so tired, it wasn't long before he was outside collecting the chook eggs for his breakfast, and working out his plans for the day.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:46 am

Luna awoke early and headed out to the barn after giving the pup something to eat. She moved quickly through her morning chores and after a quick breakfast of cereal she was on her way over to Julians with the small pup on a towel on the passengers seat of her car. Pulling up she gathered the young pup up in her arms and climbed out patting the blue and tan boy as she headed towards the house.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:50 am

Hearing his dogs barking, Julian took his breakfast with him to the door, hungry still. "Ah, you've brought the pup. Let's have a looksee." Putting his plate on the stool that was on the verandah, he took the little dog, and put him down on the ground, watching him. "Kelpie cross, you said? Looks to be more kelpie than anything. Could be a good worker, could turn out awful, but you never know until you try. Could use some feeding, that's for sure, he's almost too young to be away from his mother." His dogs were still carrying on, and he huffed. "Cover your ears," he advised the girl, and let out an ear splitting whistle, shutting the dogs up. "Much better."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 am

Luna let Julian take the small pup from her arms and place him on the ground. The small dog stood up and looked at him with a tilted head as his brown eyes watched him with a wagging tail. "That's what the vet thinks. I just knew he was a workin dog breed." she told him, "I have some milk and soft food the vet told me to give him so he still gets all he needs." At his warning she covered her ears and she still flinched at the sharp whistle that sounded. Seeing the pup pressing himself to the ground she dropped down and rubbed his head soothingly. "What should I do with him for now?" she asked looking up at the man.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:29 am

He lifted an eyebrow at her. "Milk? He's too old for milk, honey. Eight weeks old, and they're on solids by now. Now wonder he's not feeling himself. Looks like he might have worms, his belly's big while he's still skinny. Thought the vet shoulda told you all this." Glancing down at the puppy, he sighed. "You've got no experience with working dogs, you won't know what to do. Best to find a stockman's home for him while he's still young."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 am

Luna lifted a shoulder slightly. "She gave him some shots and tablets yesterday and said milk to make sure that he can build up and missing calcium cause we don't know how many days hes been there. Then he has soft solids in small portions a few times a day." she replied, "Who should I ask that would be lookin for a pup?" Standing she brought the little pup with her, cuddling him to her body as she scratched his head gently.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:42 am

"Yeah, well. He can't digest milk, so I dunno which vet you were talking to." Stretching, he shrugged a bit. "By the looks of him, he was only abandoned a week ago max. he's too small to have survived any longer, especially in this heat without water." Scratching his jaw, he thought about who might be looking for a dog. "Dunno, mate. Wilson down the way was looking for one a few weeks back, he mighta got one by now. Best thing to do, put up a few posters, spread the word. We're a small town, the grapevine's not that long."
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Luna blinked feeling stupid as she dropped her gaze to the pup. "The receptionest saidthats what was on his file when she had up the box of stuff he needed for the next few days." she replied, "Maybe they thought it would be funny to say that for the sake of it?" When he told her to put up posters she nodded slowly and she wondered how long it would be before the little furball was gone if she did that. "Ill go get onto that then. Thanks Julian." she told him before walking back to her car with a wave and a smile.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:18 pm

"Nah, she probably misread." He waved off the issue, and picked up his breakfast when she'd left, finishing it off. Shaking his head over her constant excuses to come around, he put the plate in the sink, and went to finish his work with the cattle, moving them through the yards with minimal effort to drench them. They were all older cows, and knew what to do, so it was relatively easy for him. Letting them out into the small yard again, he got to work with the dun mare, hoping to be able to get her thoroughly comfortable with him.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Once she was home she chucked the milk out and gave the pup some clean water in the bowl. Heading out she grabbed Breaker and hitched him in the barn. She picked up a dandy brush and brushed the stallion down before tacking him up. Leading him into the yard she had set up for barrels she began to warm him up slowly and carefully so as to not cause him injury. Today she planned on getting the pair to canter around a barrel loosely so as to let them get used to the idea.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Work with the gelding was going well, and he was finally allowing the sack of potatoes on the saddle without kicking up too much of a fuss. Maybe a week after he'd taken the cattle back up to the top paddock, Julian brought out the saddle again, resting it on the railings of the round yard before catching the gelding. There was no need now for him to send the horse trotting around the outside, he'd become accustomed to the routine, and went straight into his smooth trot without being asked. Watching him critically, Julian kept him going to warm him up, working out his plan of attack. The saddle sores were completely healed up now, so there wouldn't be any pain for the horse from the saddle any more.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Luna soon finished with Breaker and moved onto Star when the mare suddenly skittered sideways before attacking something on the ground. However the movement sent her flying from the saddle to the ground where she was knocked out even with her wearing a helmet. The blood bay mare nudged her human softly and nickered worriedly when she got no response.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Like he'd done the previous days, Julian put the saddle blanket on the gelding, then the saddle, and sent him around the ring again. The horse accepted the pressure easily now, used to the feel of the saddle on his back. Judging that he was ready, Julian let him come back to him, and mounted in a smooth motion. Not giving the horse time to think, he nudged him straight into a trot around the yard, keeping to the routine, and letting him get used to the heavier weight than the sack of potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Nyx jumped the fence and looked into the yard with a nicker as Star stood over Luna as she lay on the ground. The Arabian mare was smart enough to know that something was wrong by the way their human didn't move and she turned tail bolting towards a place where she knew another human lived. The black mare was sweat soaked by the time she hit Julians farm and she called out seeking his location.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:41 pm

The gelding was moving well, and Julian was just about to end the session for the day, unwilling to let it go for long when he was being so good. Sliding off, he untacked the horse when he heard the unmistakable call belonging to Ghost, and rolled his eyes. Hearing hoofbeats, his eyes narrowed, and he left the gelding in the round yard, swearing when he saw the mare. Ghost was carrying on loudly, clearly scenting that the mare was in season. The fact that the mare called out herself was no help. Ignoring her for the moment, Julian grabbed the sturdy halter he used for the stallion and let himself into the paddock. The horse was showing off, trotting around and swishing his tail as he called to the mare, and it took Julian a good few minutes to catch and halter him. Tugging downwards, he settled the horse as much as he could before moving him to a paddock further away, near where Spotlight was peacefully grazing.
Still in a bad mood about being interrupted, Julian caught the mare, and tied her to the hitching post to keep her somewhat safe. A loose horse running around would no good for anyone. Ducking inside, he made a quick call to the horse's owner, and left a rather irritated message before getting back to working with the gelding. He was more excited now, and Julian gave a sigh, knowing that the rest of the day was just going to keep going downhill.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Nyx flicked her attention to the stallion only briefly before she trotted up to Julian and nudged him nickering as he caught her easily. However when he hitched her she became restless and the mare began to dance around the post. Seeing him getting back onto the gelding she shook her head and started to try getting free. She needed him to go to her human and fast. The black mare finding that she was unable to pull free cried out shaking her head before rearing up and striking the post solidly. She through her body around as she started to panic as if needed she could always free herself with her human if something went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Julian ignored the mare. She couldn't hurt herself the way he'd tethered her, and he had work to do. She'd just have to wait there until the girl came to pick her up. Cooling the gelding down, he gave the horse a sponging off, and turned him loose into the paddock before moving on to his next bit of work. His youngest dogs were in need of some work, and he'd brought a small flock of sheep up for just that purpose.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Nyx started to call out not noticing the replies of the other horses around as she continued to fight her confinement. Her ears flattened as she continued to strike out at the post and lead rope slowly undoing the rope until suddenly she free and the Arabian mare paused looking around for the man she had come to for help. Finding him in a paddock she trotted over and called out not attempting to jump over with the lead rope dangling from her halter.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Growing thoroughly more pissed off at the mare, he paused his lesson with the dogs, and caught her leadrope. "Blasted mares. Exotic mares, to boot. More trouble than they're fucking worth." Not taking any of her nonsense, he was firm with her and locked her in the round yard. The fences there were too tall for a horse to jump out, since he worked with all kinds of troublesome horses. She'd just have to stay put out of trouble until her idiot owner turned up. Ignoring any tantrum she decided to ahve, he got back to work, teaching the dogs how to work the sheep well.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Nyx pranced along side Julian as he lead her firmly into the round yard and let her go. She stood there watching him silently with flickering ears for a few minutes before she started to explore a bit. She didn't stop her movement and she would flicker her ears around as she inspected what she could see looking for food. Star stood beside Luna in a doze as there was no food or drink to get her attention and she often had been left like this in the past.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Finishing up with the dogs, Julian tossed a biscuit of hay into the round yard for the mare, making sure that she could get to the small water trough in there, and began the next thing on his list, which was the dun mare. Going in with a brush and hoof pick, he began by grooming her, letting her move away when she felt uncomfortable. Once she was groomed, he ran his hand down her leg, leaning against her to encourage her to pick it up. When she did, he praised her, and let her go, not going any further for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equus Asinus   Equus Asinus - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equus Asinus
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Human Roleplay-
Jump to: