The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everythings Alright

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Everythings Alright - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 9:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

When he tapped her nose she laughed quietly, the question causing her to think carefully "The elephants" she told him instantly having long decided that they were her favourite. Walking she soon polished off her Ice cream and her hand was once again back in his hand, she had a slight bounce to her step and she released him as soon as they got close enough for her to see the grey beasts. Moving over to watch them she sat down on a bench and began sketching soon looking lost in her own wee world
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:55 pm

He tightened his grip on her hand in response, pleased that she was happy to sit and do nothing with him a while. “Hmm, that one.” He indicated one of the trees in Ned’s paddock, knowing that the gentle gelding would come over to investigate and then just leave them alone. Ghost for now had been put in the orchard with a few mares in the paddocks next to him, seeing who was teasing and who was ignoring him. Opening the gate and waiting for Mel to come through, Julian made his way over to the huge tree and settled down, leaning back against the trunk with a soft sigh.

Nodding at her name, Killian kept an arm around Renee, keeping her close. “Alright, Daniella. You’re welcome here as long as you wish.” Watching as his serval stalked up to sniff at the girl, he tilted his head a little at the soft chirp she made. It was unusually gentle for the long legged cat, and he turned his sharp gaze back to the girl. “Come this way, we have a spare room for you for tonight at least.” Reluctantly letting go of Renee, he beckoned to the child and led her to the spare room, standing to the side. “I’m Killian,” he told her quietly, unsure if she would know of him if she’d been around Ice. “If you wish, I can teach you the shadows. I’m sure Ice was using unnecessary pain on you all.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Glancing at the tree he indicated, Melissa nodded “Very well” walking with him into the paddock she waited as he closed the gate behind her then wandered along with him to the tree. Observing him sit down, she tilted her head briefly to the side studying him, there was just something about him that felt right, that clicked, some how some way he’d become an important part of her and when she was away on hunts or helping her brother a part of her was missing as it belonged to him. Sitting down next to him she leaned against his side, grateful that he was himself and never changed, yet she couldn’t put those thoughts into words. Every time she tried a lump formed in her throat, and her mouth went dry, words were so difficult, people could say one thing and mean another and she’d have no idea. She just wanted to tell him how she felt, yet for some reason she had a hesitation, a quiet worry that she’d be brushed off, so she kept her silence, the olive skinned woman closing her brown eyes and giving a soft quiet sigh. One day maybe she’d be able to get it out, and try to explain the funny feeling in the pit of her stomach and the warm almost fuzzy feeling that spread through her body. She could liken him to the sun, his warmth and light was everything that she needed, the thoughts were so confusing and strange, yet she found she could describe them in her head, getting them out was another story however.

The girl with her pale blue eyes and blonde hair stood there with one hand on the head of her Hyena pup, watching as the serval stalked forward and sniffed her with a chirp a brow raised in question. However she wasn’t given an answer so she followed the tall man silently, taking everything that was new in, coming to a halt outside the room that was spare, the girl showed little interest in his name. A name could be changed, they didn’t mean much to her, her smirk that always curled up one side of her face returned as he offered to teach her about shadows, she needed no tutelage from an artificial shadow master. Sure there had been pain, but it had bonded her with her shadows, it was them against the world, when it was just her she was friendly with them as they were her companions, her friends. Daniella was well aware of the rules of shadows, to keep away from silver, and that only ones imagination restricted the strange little things, although in a childs body the glint in her gaze revealed she was aged beyond her years. However it appeared that the mismatched eyed male wanted a response, “I was trained to be a shadow agent, Ice taught me how to use my shadows personally. We are strong now” her shadows returned from scoping out the house a few twining through her fingers while others hid themselves in the shadow she cast upon the floor. She could create weapons out of shadows, and had been taught how to use bow, dagger and more, a dark creature it was difficult to assess whether she’d be able to be saved from the darkness Ice had imparted to her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Watching the horses absently, the stockman slipped his arm around Mel when she leaned against him, tucking her closer to him out of instinct, and then rested his head on hers. "What're you thinking?" he murmured, amused as some of the yearlings decided to annoy the older gelding he had in with them to teach them manners. Utterly content with her, he could sense that she was thinking about something, she had a different distant feel about her, and he wanted to know if there was anything he could help her with. He'd never found it hard to reword what he meant when talking to her so that she understood better, and maybe it was just a case of her spilling her thoughts again and them both working out the puzzle. He knew exactly what he felt for her, had known for a while now in fact, but he was in no rush to say it out loud. It was enough for now that she considered this place her home and wanted to stay always with him.

Studying her quietly, Killian just nodded. He wasn't sure how much he could help her, not if I've had been the one training her, but he'd offer regardless. "Stay as long as you want," he eventually said simply, and wandered off. Noticing a few of his babies sticking around her out of curiosity, he called them away from her, not wanting them hurt if she decided it would be an interesting idea. Finding Renee, he snuck up behind her and slipped his arms around her as he nuzzled into her neck gently. "Told you I'd be quick," he murmured. "Destroyed most of the records there, saved a few of the more interesting bits to look through later. You're okay?" She had to be okay, they'd gone through so much already that he wasn't sure he could bear for her not to be okay. "And Henry?" He had no doubt that she would keep the baby safe, and they were both safe, hidden away in the house tucked in the trees where few knew of where it was.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Yawning briefly when she was tucked closer to him and he rested his head against hers, Melissas dark brown eyes closed for a few moments before opening somewhat, sighing without realizing it the assassin tried to figure out how to say what she felt “You are safe, and I wish to stay with you always, you are home” her voice was quiet, almost hesitant giving away just how unsure she was when it came to saying such things outloud. Nestling into him, and closing her eyes, Melissa was silent as she figured things out in her head “sitting like this with you is nice, and” she hesitated, it was ridiculous the notion that something could make her feel warm and fluffy, that wasn’t something she could say. Surely there were better words than that for her to use, however to her dismay there wasn’t, and so she battled with it for several long moments before finally the assassin was able to get out the words that she found so silly and rather stupid. How could someone make you feel warm and fuzzy? Or the feeling of wings fluttering in her chest or stomach and sometimes both, turning her face into him hiding it for a few moments, Melissa soon sighed and gave in murmuring quietly “You make me whole, when I am away I am missing a part of myself that is left here with you” it was all rather sketchy, how could she leave a part of herself behind with him, that was stupid and rather illogical “it sounds very stupid when I say it aloud but it is the least stupid explanation that I could put together” logic told her he wouldn’t brush her off, he never had, but there was the small fear in her gut that unnerved her slightly. She didn’t feel fear, she didn’t worry, she was immovable and resolute, a deadly killer who had no remorse, and yet here she was scared that she’d be rejected or brushed off which went against all she knew.

The girl tilted her head, watching as he left she retreated into the abode that had been named as hers and quietly talked with Zali, the pair of them finally agreeing that it’d make sense to learn what the stranger had to teach. There were many lessons in the world that she had to learn and the best way to learn them would be off someone who was experienced in the world. Satisfied with that she poked about the room, rather curious as to what on earth this strange thing in the middle of the room was. It was longer than she was tall and upon sitting on it she discovered that it was soft and comfortable and covered in blankets. Soon heading outside, she stood there and stared about with wide pale blue eyes, there was so much that she didn’t know it seemed, Ice had been holding back after all the cold woman had told her that the facility was all that was important in the world, and that she needed to obey her. Standing barefoot on the grass that tickled the undersides of her feet, Daniella looked down at her Hyena with a slight smile, suddenly eager to learn about the world.

Humming to herself, Renee jumped when arms slipped about her and some one nuzzled into her, recognizing him easily enough, Renee leant into him and smiled at him affectionately “You did” listening as he explained that he’d destroyed the records. Understanding that as a good thing so people couldn’t hurt others like ice had been hurting them, the young mother nodded, her love for the shadow master was achingly abundant in her blue eyes he was her world. “Yes, Henry and I are fine, he’s fast asleep” studying him, Renee sighed softly “You look tired, dearest, you should sleep” it was important that they all slept when they could as the baby hardly ever slept through the night. However, renee was doing her best, it was her first time raising one of her kids after all, managing to kiss his cheek, Renee spoke softly “Who is the girl?” yes he’d told her that he’d rescued her from Ices stronghold but apart from that and her name she didn’t know anything about her. Of course she’d treat the girl with respect and love, like she would any of her own children, internally the behaviour the blonde girl had shown worried her a little yet there was nothing that could be done as of this very moment.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Hugging her close to him, Julian brushed gentle fingers through her hair, teasing out the braid that she usually kept her hair in. He was listening quietly to her, understanding what she meant, and trying to work out how he wanted to respond so that she understood what he meant also. “Yes,” he finally murmured, dropping a very light kiss to the top of her head. “Like there are butterflies in your stomach.” He was never able to sleep well when she was gone, often getting up multiple times in the night to wander outside and watch the stars. “When you’re gone it’s hard to sleep. I miss you.” Tightening his hug around her shoulders, he resumed watching the horses, pondering what she’d revealed, and what he wanted to say next. “I’m glad you stay,” he finally said, hoping that she was able to understand that he felt the same about her that she did about him. “And make this your home with me. You’re my home too now.” Surely that would make sense to her, but he had no qualms about trying to reword for her so that she did understand.

He'd closed his eyes as she spoke, pleased that she was still safe and okay. Nuzzling into her again, he brushed a kiss over her cheek in return. “Mmm, I’ll sleep in a moment,” he murmured, unsure whether he’d still be able to stay in his preferred nocturnal state with the baby and now Daniella. “A shadow master, only fairly young. But Ice was training her to be an agent for her.” He stepped away to lean on the table while she continued what she was doing. “I don’t know how much darkness is in her, or how much of her can be saved, but I couldn’t leave her there. She was trapped in a pit with nothing else. If she wants, I’ll teach her as best I can, but I don’t know how she’ll behave.” Sighing, he rubbed his hand through his short hair, trying to work out just how he wanted to do things. There were all the documents to go through, and maybe inside them was a way to make Renee a shadow master without all the pain if she wanted to. He didn’t want to lose her, but of course it would all be up to her. He was aware of where the child was, and her reaction to being outside wasn’t really surprising him. “I’d say she’s eight or nine, but Ice has… aged her, in a way. She’s older in how she carries herself. Hopefully I’ll be able to get through to her a little, considering what she’s gone through and what I have, but I honestly can’t say for certain. Ice was training her differently. She’s not an assassin like me and Melly.” he’d just have to be careful with the girl, and definitely not treat her like a child. She’d only react badly to that, he reckoned, and that was the last thing he wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 2:21 pm

he gentle fingers through her hair soothed her, enough that she didn’t protest him undoing her braid, waiting for him to respond she felt strangely short of breath when he agreed with a simple word. He then after dropping a gentle tender kiss to the top of her head went on to describe butterflies in ones stomach, nodding in response to that as that was indeed what she felt and she felt reassured that he felt the same way. However Julian had not finished speaking yet, he went on to explain that when she was away on hunts that it was hard to sleep and he missed her, this made so much sense as she also didn’t sleep as well when he wasn’t there. So used to sleeping next to him, it felt so alien to not have him there, brown eyes watched Ned quietly when it was silent once more. Comfortable there with him she’d started to drift off to sleep when he spoke again, murmuring that she had chosen to stay and that she’d made this place home. Feeling very safe and reassured, Melissa leant into him more with a soft sigh and closed her dark eyes “I understand, I distantly recall talking to brother about what I felt. He said it was called being in love” the assassins voice was soft and relaxed, being away from home she was always tense and wary, so it was quite the relief to be able to come home and relax knowing she was safe here. Not really understanding why the word ‘love’ suddenly fit so well with what she felt for Julian and for what he felt for her, Melissa had a subtle smile stretched over her face without realizing it, she knew so many words and yet there were never enough that she could put together with the man, yet the simple 4 letter word said everything and more.

Giggling when his scruff tickled her, the gentle young mother reached up and touched her hand to Killians cheek, listening carefully as he explained what the girl was, renee drew her own conclusions about what was going on. At least the girl was out of Ices grip, but the fact was that she’d spent quite some time belonging to the cold cruel woman, she wouldn’t force herself upon the girl but nor would she avoid her, it would be best to treat her how she’d treat anyone else. Wanting nothing more than to cuddle with him for a while, Renee affectionately studied him more than aware that he needed to sleep and she needed to tend to their son. Hearing him start to complain from another room, the young mother turned and headed down to where she’d set the child in his cot, lifting him up and cuddling him, Renee sat down and began to feed the child singing a soft lullaby about the sea.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Tightening his hug around her as she leaned into him, Julian continued to watch the horses in the paddock, liking the peace. Brushing his fingers through her hair gently, a soft smile crossed his face at her words, pleased that he’d been able to work it out for herself. Unable to resist, he kissed the top of her head again. “Yes,” he murmured. “I love you.” It had been a slow and steady falling for each other, but I’d been a nice way to do it, and he was glad that he’d met her. Content where he was, the stockman rested his head on hers and closed his eyes, listening out for any horses coming near them, but thoroughly content to just sit here and doze the afternoon away.

Leaning into her touch affectionately, Killian kissed her cheek as she moved off. He was exhausted enough that he was nearly asleep where he stood, but he needed something to eat before he crashed. Snooping about in the kitchen, he soon found some brownies that he scoffed, and then wandered in search of Renee. He found that she was in the baby’s room, singing softly, so he leaned against the doorframe silently, listening to her. She meant everything to him, and he would do anything to protect her and their children. And while the girl was here, that protection extended to her as well. Especially since she was Sofie’s child. He missed Sofie so much, Cricket being the only shadow that even remembered her. They occasionally spent long hours talking about her, but it wasn’t often. The memories were painful for both of them. Smothering a yawn, the killer moved into the room and brushed his hand over his love’s hair gently. “I need to sleep,” he murmured. “Most likely for a couple of days. But wake me if you need me, okay?” He wouldn’t mind being woken, not by her even if it wasn’t an emergency. Kissing her head, he wandered off to their room, barely getting his coat and shoes off before he curled in the bed, fast asleep.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 pm

She'd had about ten minutes to soak in the warmth of him around him and the words that had added to the warmth, her brown eyes had closed, as melissa had fully intended to spend the warm afternoon with Julian half asleep, feeling comforted and safe. Keen ears nearly missed the cat soft footsteps, brown eyes flicked opened sharply and regarded the woman who was crouching near them, she didn't know who this was but there was something about her cunning grin that faintly was familiar. Before she had a chance to speak, the brunette hushed her with a finger to her lips "Shh huntress, find your kin and give him this" drawing a heavy envelope out of her shirt and passing it to Melissa the strange woman stood and lightly walked off almost smugly. Watching her warily until the other female had left, Melissa looked down at the envelope and studied the writing on the front that had her brothers name in a familiar font, a little confused now she turned it over to discover a wax seal in the familiar shape and colour that had her up on her feet instantly attempting to rationalize how this could possibly be so. Whomever this was must have stolen the little item that created the mark in the wax, looking up again now intent on catching the strange woman, Melissa thrust the heavy envelope into julians lap and took off after her only to find that there was little trace of the intruder. Turning and returning empty handed to her human, Melissa took the envelope from him silently turning it over and over in her hands, was this stranger a successor or merely someone who was taking an opportunistic gamble? She couldn't be sure, she didn't know and because she didn't know she was uneasy, aware that she owed the stockman some kind of verbal explanation she touched a hand to the long cooled wax "This is ices mark, however she is dead" with her usual knack for stating the obvious, Melissa was drawn and a little pale trying to make sense of the perplexing encounter.

Looking up affectionately as a hand brushed over her hair gently, Renee listened and nodded quietly as he told her that he needed sleep, she could have seen that from the rings under his eyes. Watching him leave, her attention returned to their son, he was so small still and yet he'd grown so much in the time he'd graced this earth. She loved him so much, once the child was fed and had been burped, she spent time with him, letting him have a kick on the floor while she talked to him softly taking care not to wake Killian. Going about her day as per usual, the baby got another feed before being put down to sleep for the night, well as much of a night as she was going to get, feeding herself something small and non descript renee had a quick shower and snuggled into bed with the father of her child. Wriggling close to him, taking comfort in his presence, Renee realized just how worn out she was, this was the first child she'd ever been able to raise herself and the effort was taxing but worth it in her opinion.It was good to have him home, the bed felt so big so empty without him curled next to her, while drifting to sleep her mind idly reminisced about all the things that'd happened since they'd met and their years together. She'd been so scared of him at first, and now she trusted him beyond belief, loved him, despite all the trials and suffering they'd endured they were safe, Ice was dead and no one would take them away from each other again. Sleepily watching his asleep features and finding some quiet delight at how gentle and almost innocent he looked as he slept, she very gently touched her lips to his before joining him fast asleep under the covers o fthe bed they shared.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 9:22 pm

He'd pretty much fallen asleep when she moved, so Julian toppled to the ground before he caught himself, confused to why Mel had moved so fast. Catching the envelope, he studied the name and handwriting curiously, recognising it as addressed to her brother, but there was nothing else identifiable on the heavy envelope. Handing it back to her, he leaned up against the tree as he looked at her, hoping she’d have some idea of what was going on. “Who was that? Someone you know?” The fact that the seal was from the woman she’d only killed a few weeks ago confused him, and he reached for the envelope again, wanting a closer look at it. “You need to go give it to him I think. He might know what’s going on?” He got to his feet with a sigh, handing it back once again after another closer look. There was nothing on it that he could see out of the ordinary. “Want me to come or are you going to head off alone?” Like always, it didn’t bother him what she did, it wasn’t like this trip was going to be a hunt, so he wasn’t expecting her to be gone long. “Where does your brother live, anyway?” Julian didn’t actually know, and he wasn’t even sure if he’d be told, the dark male seemed to be quite a recluse and secretive from the few brief meetings he’d had with him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am

Ruffled and unnerved, Melissa wasn't her usual self, distracted and all over the place, the familiar calm voice of Julian soothed her a little. "I do not know that person, I have never met them in my life" letting him have the envelope again and listening patiently as Julian commented what she already knew Melissa shrugged sharply. Taking it back with a sigh Melissa answered "yes, i agree wholeheartedly" his question about if he should come with her or not caused her to frown a little more and consider her options. She wanted him to come with her, however logically there was little reason for him to, "I don't know Julian, I do want you to come with me, yet it isn't logical" if the letter meant Killian had to go away, perhaps it'd be useful to bring Julian as he could spend time with her brothers partner and keep her company. That sounded like a good plan, from what she had heard, babies were hard work, Julian was good with kids so maybe he could help, "Come with me, please" taking his hand, Melissa kept a firm hold on the heavy envelope still rather unnerved by it, she felt a little more secure with him there, he was safe. Once he was ready she took him to her brothers home, they ended up out in the garden it was just after six thirty pm, a full 28 hours since Killian had gone to bed.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Listening, Julian nodded easily, taking her hand and heading back to the house. “Alright, let me just make a couple of calls so the horses are looked after.” Once that was done, he went with her to the secluded house, looking around curiously. It certainly seemed to fit Mel’s brother, so it was curious to him that he had a partner here. “Did you let him know we were coming. Since he’s often out and about, he might not know we’re here.” Not bothered by just appearing in the garden, the gentle stockman wandered forward to knock on the door. He was well aware Mel would likely just walk in, but it was better to be polite, and hopefully not disturb the small family too much if they didn’t have to. Feeling something watching him, he looked around, startled to see a bit spotted cat sitting on part of the garden fence, watching them both out of golden eyes. A little unnerved by it, Julian decided not to try his luck with the cat, staying where he was for now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Happy that he'd come with her, Melissa walked back into the house with him, so he could make a couple of calls, they didn't know how long they'd be and it was very important that the horses were well cared for. Watching as Julian knocked on the door, Melissa walked over to the door and was about to open it when Julian turned around and stared at the serval whom she recognized as Cricket. Nodding in greeting to the cat, melissa reached for the door handle again when it opened revealing Renee, "Greetings, Where is my brother?" she could guess that he was probably asleep and had no qualms about going into the room where he was asleep and waking him up. Ignoring renee's quiet response, Melissa moved past her heading to where her brother was, leaving Julian to talk to Renee the assassin walked past the baby to knock on the bedroom door then opened it "Brother, awaken, there is something dastardly afoot" to her this was something incredibly important.

Having heard the knock Renee had gotten up and left her son on the sheepskin as he was playing with a couple of toys. Opening the door she was greeted by the sight of Melissa and Julian, smiling and about to greet them, Melissa demanded to know where Killian was and then moved past her and into the house. Just sighing and shaking her head, used to Melissas antics and understanding the close bond the other woman had with the one she loved, offering Julian a smile she stepped to the side inviting him to come in "Come on in Julian, would you like a bite to eat or a cup of tea?" once he was inside she lead him to the living room and gently picked up Henry nuzzling him and kissing his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 2:40 pm

With the door open and Mel moving inside, the serval leaped off the fence lightly and padded after the woman. Something was very odd if Mel was here and wanting to wake the master. Pushing past the woman as she opened the bedroom door, the long legged cat sat on the bed, ignoring Killian’s grumbling as he woke. “What?” He was tired, and he wanted to sleep more so that he could get back on track with his hunts and being with Renee. Yawning, he was soon up and watching Mel waiting for her answer. Something had unnerved her, and that was hard to do in the first place. “What is it?” He wasn’t sure where Dani was, but that was dismissed for later, the girl could very likely take care of herself after what Ice had been teaching her.

Giving Renee an apologetic smile, Julian followed the young woman inside. “Sorry for barging in, tea would be lovely actually. How is everything going with you all?” They looked happy, and it was nice to see that the baby was healthy and still with them after all the trouble that they’d gone to to get the boy back. Sitting down, he obliged a couple of baby shadows who seemed interested in him, not bothered by the little things now. They were cute, and mostly harmless, so he entertained them while he talked to Renee.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Watching her brother intently, Melissa was silent, passing him the envelope without a word, there was nothing to say, she wasn't sure she wanted to know whatever was inside that envelope. If it hadn't had her brothers name on it she would have burnt it without regrets, unable to keep still she paced around the room her hands clasping together behind her back. What if it was ice, but no it couldn't be, but what if it was, again the two thoughts were circling around in her head, making the aching in her head worse as they wouldn't go away. She'd hoped everything would have ended with ices death and yet it seemed that this was not the case, sitting down one moment then up the next she ended up closing the bedroom door wanting to keep whatever this was between them. However that didn't last long as the door soon opened and a girl that melissa didn't know walked in and neatly shut the door behind her, the girl was blonde with pale blue eyes, Melissa knew those eyes and grew very suspicious and wary as soon as she saw them. They were Ices eyes. The girl spared Melissa a glance, smirked at her and wandered over to Killian interested in the envelope that he had in his hands, not bothering to speak and with the hyena pup at her side, daniella awaited whatever was to happen next.

It was good to see Julian, she was fond of the man, they usually got along quite well and so she felt safe enough to offer Henry to him, for him to hold while she made his tea. Once he was secure in the stockmans arms, Renee excused herself to put the kettle on, returning to the living room with her usual sweet smile on her face still she finally responded to his question. "Yes everythings alright. Henry is doing really well and Killian brought a young girl home whos related to someone he lost a long time ago. How have things been with you and Melissa?" hearing the whistling of the kettle she got up again and within a few moments returned with a cup of tea. Setting it down on the coffee table, she sat down next to Julian with a sigh, looking contented and happy, she loved it here, it was so peaceful and quiet yet not far from Skyes which was where she had gotten the tea from.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Frowning as she passed him the envelope, Killian studied the handwriting with a frown, not understanding. It looked like Ice’s handwriting, but she’d never addressed him by name. Glancing up as the door opened and closed again, he rubbed his face with a sigh, still halfway asleep. He didn’t like this, Ice was thoroughly dead, and it couldn’t be her to start with. So whoever had sent it had forged her handwriting, which he still didn’t like. “Where’d you get it?” he eventually asked wearily, just wanting to go back to sleep. He’d had such a lack of it over the past few months, and he’d been hoping that killing Ice would have settled that problem. It was annoying that it hadn’t. Knowing the presence of Daniella would be making Mel uneasy, he chose to ignore that for now. He could tell her about it later, when the girl wasn’t around. For now, the envelope was his priority. Tracing his fingers over the wax seal, he didn’t break it yet, wanting to know who it was from first.

He took the baby without a murmur, holding the boy comfortably while Renee wandered into the kitchen. He was a sweet little boy, and seemed quite happy to be held by a total stranger. Studying the baby, Jules looked up when she came back into the room. “That’s good to hear, you two have been through a lot recently, aye. She and I are going well, I’m thinking of getting her to start training the horses for me, she’s very good with them.” Passing the baby back to her so he could drink his tea without fear of spilling it on the child, he continued the conversation. “Have you thought any more about selling your art? I remember someone mentioning it a fair while ago.” He’d got an idea about it a few nights ago, and he was interested to see if she’d want to do it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Considering her options the girl scrambled up onto the bed reaching out to brush her fingers over the envelope curiously, despite her age and what she had gone through she wanted to know what was going on. The wax seal particularly gained her interest, touching her fingers over it a few seconds after Killian had, it felt strange. Continuing to ignore the brunette who was also in the room, dani however was still very aware that she was making the woman uncomfortable but didn't particularly care far more interested in what was going on. Warily watching the girl, Melissa sighed "A stranger gave it to me, said i should bring it to you" she hoped that she'd done the right thing by bringing the letter to him and that it wasn't some form of trap, still wanting nothing to do with it however she backed off to the door eyeing both the girl and the envelope untrustingly.

Agreeing with him when Julian mentioned it was good that everything was going well, it was great that he and Melissa were doing really well and that he was going to start teaching her how to train the horses as she was very good with them. Accepting her son back so that Julian could drink his tea, she pressed a gentle kiss to his head, still marvelled that she really had a child that wouldn't be taken from her. "it'd be good to sort of have a bit of direction in my art, money dosent really bother me" killian took care of that, she was safe with him and he looked after her. However it seemed that Julian had an idea or two to do with her art which she was keen on, she'd not really had much to draw apart form her son which she'd done quite a bit recently.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:45 pm

“What did they look like?” It wasn’t odd that it might be someone they didn’t know, after all they hadn’t known everyone who worked for Ice. Glancing at Dani he lifted an eyebrow at her, curious. “What do you think, kid?” Yawning, he got to his feet with a sigh, hoping that the envelope wasn’t going to bring trouble for his family again. “You okay, Melly?” She was more on edge than he’d seen her in a while, and he couldn’t work out if it was the girl or the envelope, or both that was making her uneasy. Breaking the seal, he pulled out the letter that was inside, unfolding it to read it curiously. It seemed like someone wanted him to go on another hunt, but he wasn’t sure about it. Nothing was adding up, and he wasn’t liking it yet.

Sipping at the tea, Julian nodded. “I had a thought a few days ago, thought you might be interested. I’ve got some yearlings and two year olds that I’ll need to move on soon, I thought that offering a drawing with the would be nice, if you want to join in.” He was firmly of the opinion that she should be able to do what she wanted in life too, though it looked like she was thoroughly content staying at home. This was merely an offer if she wanted to have something else to draw and do when her partner wasn’t around.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Unable to draw her eyes away from the child with Ices eyes, it took Melissa a few moments to absorb what her brother had said "About five foot five, green eyes, brown hair to her jaw, green shirt and black pants that hugged her form and finished mid way down her calf, shoes with a slight heel but quiet like a cat. She did not deign to give me her name" leaning against the door she continued to watch Dani very carefully not trusting her. Jerking her attention to her brother when he asked if she was okay, Melissa just shook her head not saying anything else, why did he have one of ices relatives here? As far as she was concerned they all should be killed, it was far too likely in her opinion that they'd follow their cold relative's path in life and end up causing her and those she loved a whole lot of pain. Dani smiled slyly and didn't say anything, instead watching him remove the letter from the envelope, taking the envelope from him she studied the seal very interested in the entire goings on, once she'd satisfied her curiosity with the envelope she wriggled off the bed and attempted to read the letter.

Listening as Julian spoke about the idea he'd had, her blue eyes lit up with interest "yes of course! That'd be wonderful, and it'd be good to visit you and melissa more often too" she'd always gotten along with the stockman and the idea that she might be able to help him out and draw more horses was extremely compelling. Horses were so complicated to draw, and they'd present an interesting challenge "Of cours eyou could just send me photos of them and a description of what poses and that" she covered just incase he didn't want her to impose on his property lots after all she was certain that he had all kinds of work to do that she'd just get in the way of. Still she was excited to have a sort of job and things to do other than keeping the house clean, doing the garden and looking after her son.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Listening to the description, Killian went pale, trying to work it out. The letter in his hands was forgotten for the moment, and he stared at Mel. That couldn’t be true, it sounded like she’d seen Sofie. But Sofie was dead, he’d watched her die. Folding the letter once he noticed Dani trying to read it, he slipped it back into the envelope, needing time to think about it more. “Can’t be,” he murmured. “She’s dead.” Very uneasy now, he ignored the serval’s movements, since she’d perked up at the description, her short tail flicking eagerly from side to side. None of the other shadows appeared to recognise it, but that was what he’d expected. Only Cricket remembered Sofie, and they both missed her terribly. “Will you be staying for dinner?” It didn’t look like he’d be getting sleep for a while, but at least the day was nearly over. He needed to read the letter again, trying to understand everything that was going on, and talk to Renee about it, see if she could help any.

Pleased that she seemed eager to do it, Julian nodded once, drinking more of his tea. Amused as she seemed to think he wouldn’t like her visiting, he patted her arm gently. “Don’t be silly. You’re family, you’re welcome to the farm any time you want. Might be times I can’t be around, but you’re always welcome.” It’d be nice to have her around too, and as the baby grew perhaps he’d learn to like it as well. “How’s Killian?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Blinking as her brother went pale, Melissa stepped forward towards him and touched her hand to his shoulder "Cannot be who? Who's she?" her uneasyness grew ten fold when she saw how uneasy he'd become all of a sudden. Studying him quietly when he asked if she'd be staying for dinner "Yes" she couldn't leave him there without someone to talk to about this. Noticing the servals behaviour, Melissa's frown grew, whatever was going on even though it was something to do with ice without a doubt she'd stand by him. "Brother... What is it, who matches that description that has made you react this way?" her concern for him had completely erased Dani from her mind for now. He was far more important than some spawn of Ice's, her hand remained on his shoulder concern for him mixing with the rest of the other emotions showing on her features.

Smiling as he patted her hand and told her not to be silly, renee couldn't help but relax again, it was so nice to hear that he considered her family, "He's tired and should be sleeping" glancing back towards their bedroom and seeing the door was still closed her features creased. He needed time to rest he'd not gotten much sleep recently, gently keeping her son close to her, she resigned herself to the fact that it' was more than likely that he wouldn't be getting any for quite some time. She needed to put something on for dinner too, she'd gotten mince out so it'd probably be something like lasagna or spaghetti bolagnase, whatever she could be bothered doing "i should start getting dinner on" the thought was absent and slipped out without her really noticing her blue gaze flicking towards the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm

He shook his head slightly, unwilling to bring up the topic of Sofie with her daughter around. “Later.” he had no doubt that the girl would spy using her shadows, but that was a problem for a later time. Right now he just wanted to try and come to terms that Sofie might actually be alive. Tucking the envelope into a pocket, shadows opened the door for them and he shooed everyone out of his room. Staying there on his own for a bit, he stroked Cricket gently, trying to comfort her as well. He’d been so sure that Sofie was dead, he’d watched her die after all. Closing his eyes, he didn’t move as the cat headbutted him gently before wandering out to see what was going on.

Sighing, Julian finished off his tea. “Sorry for waking him. Mel was rather unnerved about that envelope. The seal is Ice’s.” He didn’t see the harm in telling her, it was good that she knew what was going on as well. Picking up his cup as she mentioned making dinner, he stood up with her. “Want some help with dinner then? I don’t mind, and it gives those two some time alone still.” Giving the serval another curious look as she padded out, Julian still decided not to question the wild animals in the house, knowing for the most part that it was something to do with Killian. Mel had explained it to him at some point already.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Julian apologized for waking Killian, moving on to explain that Melissa was very unnerved by an envelope, a seal on it had belonged to Ice. That was indeed perplexing, but there were definitely options that were available, it being used didn't mean that Ice was back, dead was dead as far as she knew after all. Brightening up when he offered to help her out with dinner, it would make the entire proceedings much easier, "Yes please, that'd be fantastic" noticing Melissa enter the room and hesitate by the door frame her blue eyes gentled "Hi Melissa, Julian here tells me you've been doing good and has been kind enough to offer to help me with dinner" standing up with the baby in her arms she walked over to the assassin and gently set her in the other womans arms gently manipulating her arms to support her young son's head and neck. "Please hold onto him while we sort dinner? Thank you" once she'd made sure that Melissa was okay, and deciding that despite looking a little shell shocked would be able to look after Henry. With a quick smile at Julian she headed for the kitchen to prepare dinner not minding if he opted to not help and instead stay with his partner.

Leaving the room when she was ushered out, Dani sighed and returned to her room the Hyena following at her heels, sitting on the floor and smiling a little when the little pup scrambled over and clambered into her lap. Petting the spotted creature, that had been named Zali, the young girl closed her eyes and allowed her shadows to spread throughout the house becoming her eyes and ears. Hesitating in the doorway for a few moments, Melissa walked down the hall to where Renee and Julian were, pausing she observed them both, content that Julian seemed okay here too. Hesitating when renee looked over and smiled at her, Melissa listened to Renee making what she recognized as small talk and nodded she was well and so was julian what renee had said was truth. However she went stiff as a board when a child was placed in her arms, she didn't know how to look after children, she didnt' do babies she was a murdereous assassin not some baby sitter. However she didn't resist when gentle hands manipulated her arms so she held the baby correctly, throwing a slightly uneasy look at Julian not quite sure what to do apart from stand there her brown gaze was dragged down to watch the happy boy her features softened a little.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Slightly amused at Mel’s reaction to holding the baby, Julian lingered with her a little, kissing his partner’s cheek as she interacted with her nephew. “You’re okay with him. Come sit in the kitchen with him if you want. I’ll help Renee with dinner.” Giving the cute baby a gentle smile, he followed after the young mother. “What can I do, Renee?” It was likely a good thing that he was around at the moment, see if he could give the tiny close knit family a sense of normalcy while they tried to figure out what was going on.

With everyone out of his room, Killian pulled out the letter again, trying to work out why he’d be wanted to kill this person. He didn’t recognise the handwriting, but that didn’t really bother him. He’d had lots of jobs from people he hadn’t known. Reading through more thoroughly for the details and knowing that Dani’s shadows couldn’t get into his rooms, he took in the information, pleased that he had a couple of weeks before the recommended days to do the kill. At least he’d be able to catch up on sleep before he had to go out again. Folding the letter and pictures and other information, he moved into his office to place it all on his desk before wandering out to join the rest in the kitchen, still tired, but finding some amusement in how uncomfortable his sister seemed with the baby. Not offering to take the boy, the killer simply sat on the kitchen table to see what else was going on in the world.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Looking at him when he kissed her cheek, Melissa's features became beseeching having little idea of how to deal with this kid that had been put in her arms. Frowning when he didn't take Henry from her arms, Melissa was about to follow him into the kitchen when she spotted her brother. Wandering over to him and hoping that he might take the baby, finding again that he wouldn't help her either, the olive skinned female huffed and decided to continue to stand next to Killian while her gaze flicked from Julian down to the child again. He was sort of cute she supposed, in a fleshy drooly sort of way, the little boy reached up towards her with a happy gummy grin gurgling up at her. He was warm and soft in her arms, not realizing that she was softening towards him. Dimly she could hear the sounds of the kitchen, but most of her attention was firmly focused on Henry, his black hair was all fuzzy and his eyes were a bright blue that were his mothers copied onto his small face. A smile slowly grew over her face to match the babies.

Humming to herself, renees usual warm smile was directed at Julian when he headed into the kitchen "Could you start on the mince please? Thank you" she herself was putting a pot on the stove and was searching in the pantry for the spaghetti which she soon found. Pleased that at least what she had planned for dinner would be a breeze with Julians help, once she had the spaghetti on she began working on something for dessert.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Happy to help her, Julian got to work with the mince, humming to himself in the warm comfortable kitchen. It was nice to be having dinner with them, and he didn’t mind helping out. Glancing over when more people entered the kitchen, he hid a smile over the fact that Mel was still holding the boy. At least she seemed to be getting more comfortable with the child, and that was good to see. With the boy’s father sitting on the table nearby, there didn’t seem to be much point in hovering over the child, so he continued on what he was doing to help Renee. It was likely that she needed the help, children were hard work after all, even with a partner to help.

Looking at his sister when she stood next to him, Killian was similarly amused at her reaction to her nephew. Letting her grow comfortable with his son for a few minutes longer, he eventually spoke quietly to her, explaining what had been in the letter she’d brought to him. He was still confused to why someone similar to Sofie had given the envelope to her, so he omitted that for now, very unwilling to be hurt again if she wasn’t actually alive, even though the serval appeared to be hopeful about it. Cricket had always been very close to Sofie, and he knew it would be painful should it be proven it was all just false hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everythings Alright   Everythings Alright - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everythings Alright
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Land of Role Play :: Role Play :: Shadow Master Rp-
Jump to: