The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 6 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Making his way down through the glacier, the young selkie tugged his coat closer to him and kept going, not really sure what exactly he was looking for, but at least he had some idea of what the girl looked like so that he could try and find her. Peering into each of the cells and finding them empty, the noise from the bird attracted his attention and he eyed it very warily, unsure if it was a trap or not. Still, it was worth a shot and he edged closer to peer into the room, spotting the girl that looked like the one they were trying to find. Smug that he’d won the bet this time, Angus tried the door and was only more suspicious when he discovered that it was unlocked. Flicking another glance at the raven who hadn’t raised any sort of alarm, he pushed the door open and went inside, carefully picking her up and trying not to bump any wounds she might have. He retracted his steps through the glacier once he had her secure, breathing a sigh of relief when it didn’t end up being a trap after all and made his way back to where Rose and he and landed, finding a suitable place to hide from the cold and wind while they waited for her to come back.

Watching her, he studied her wings curiously. “So they are, that’s unusual.” He hadn’t been expecting that, but he also hadn’t been sure how the remains of her silver poisoning would manifest. At least it was a mostly harmless way, and she appeared to be pain free and more energetic now, despite them both being exhausted. Giving her a quick cheeky grin, he got to his feet and headed for the door, guessing that she’d follow. “Now, if you want. We need food.” He’d stay for a while to teach her and help her get settled in, but he really didn’t want to stay any longer than necessary. If he did, then people would start wanting him back at court, and he really wasn’t ready for that, no one knew about his wings as yet, and he wanted to keep it that way until he was ready.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:34 pm

The raven hopped out of the way, perching elsewhere watching as the selkie collected the girl and left before it vanished back to its owner, once back with Jet who was sparring with ollie Azazel reached out to Bran to let him know that Angus and Renee were out of the glacier. Rose had found a couple of folders that had made the cut to be taken back with her when Bran let her know about the selkie and the girl the redhead headed out of the glacier feeling much happier once she was out of the environment that had been steadily melting around her. Looking over at the glacier over her shoulder, Rose wrestled with the temptation to melt the stinking place until it was a river, not a glacier, however that’d alert the occupants within and she couldn’t have that. Trudging back towards the point where she’d landed earlier that day, she moved quickly knowing they only had so much time before it was discovered that the girl was no longer where she was supposed to be. The files were stashed under one arm by the time she finally reached the agreed-upon meeting place, taking the files she offered them to Angus “Hold onto these for me” going over the girl carefully she located some puncture wounds in her arms that would have had her scratching her head if she hadn’t read the girls file that she’d brought along with her. Doubting the girl would come around until her transformation had taken place, Rose shifted into her dragon shape and lay down ‘Hop on curly’ she’d carry the girl gently in her paws for the flight back and they’d tend to her until she came around and was ready to go wherever Killian wanted her to go. Once she felt the weight on her back, the dragon collected the girl in a front paw and three-legged took off. When at her favourite cruising altitude her spare front paw moved to hold onto the girl more securely so she wouldn’t fall, much more careful with this flight than she had been with the one over the dragon ignored the tasty morsel birds trusting that Bran had already relayed the information that they had the girl and were now taking her back. Having refrained from telling bran about what had explicitly been done to Renee as she wanted to let Killian know face to face, quite determined that it was important enough to do so.

The idea of food was quite appealing to the newly born faerie, Sofia rose to her feet and followed Atrel quite closely, despite being exhausted and hungry this was the most energy she’d had for as long as she could remember. Pausing in one window to look outside and brightening visibly at the ability to look out and not be rocked with pain from the brightness, she could stand in the suns rays without her skin feeling like it was on fire. Realizing that Atrel had pulled ahead, Sofie turned and hurried after him, she knew very little about the diets of faeries and so was looking forward to learning about what would and wouldn’t work for her. As soon as she could she’d go visit Killian and let him know she was fine, feeling free of all of her spare baggage she perched herself up on the bench watching Atrel move around the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 pm

While waiting, he’d tried his best to remove the silver handcuffs on the girl, but that was not to be and so he eventually gave up. Perking up when he spotted Rose, Angus took the files curiously, but he was smart enough to not ask about them at the moment. Climbing onto her back, he held tightly to the spine in front of his, still doing his best to hold back the urge to brush his fingers over her scales to see what they felt like. He was mostly sure that she wouldn’t appreciate it. Once they were in the air, he relaxed a little, it seemed like they weren’t being followed after all. “Where are we going now?”

Following his nose, the young prince found where the honey was kept and brought out a sizable stash, passing Sofie some and joining her on the bench deciding to eat while he explained what she’d need to know. “We’re herbivores, as a general strict rule. I know of just the one faerie who can tolerate a bit of meat, and I think it’s because he’s a turned fae. But mostly meat and meat products just make us sick, we can’t digest them at all.” Finished with one pot of honey already, he got started on his next one, knowing that shadows needed more honey than a usual faerie. “Sugar is the main thing we survive on, we can’t actually live without it, we’ll die. Honey is the best source, but there are lots others if you want variety.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Beating her wings significantly more with the extra passenger, Rose glanced back at Angus briefly at the question ‘Back to the car and then on to a cottage where we’re dropping off the girl’ remaining a relatively smooth ride she added ‘if you’re good I might share the information in those files, I’d advise no peeking without permission’ snorting a large cloud of smoke to make her point quite clear she amused herself by humming to herself in her head. The female could be surprisingly musical when the time arose, usually it was when no one else was around to hear. Advising Bran to let Killian know of the change of plans as she was pretty certain it’d be better for him to meet them somewhere that was actually safe, angling her course to be more towards where the car was, she knew the way to Killians place by car as well and she was hesitant to leave some of the things in her car unprotected for very long.

Taking the honey and digging in quite merrily she finished it just after the other faerie and collected another jar to clean out, happily sucking her fingers clean once that pot was also empty, paying attention closely to the fact that she now depended on sugar which wasn’t something that new to her having once been a shadow master. Unsure if she could shift yet she kept the bit about meat eating to herself, she’d try her shape shifter form out the next morning after some rest and more food. “Alright, what other Faerie 101 things should I learn?” flicking him a smile she finished cleaning off her fingers and swung her legs back and forth a cheeky glint in her eyes “Your student is eager and willing to learn” He looked fairly exhausted however “Perhaps in the morning?” suggesting that they postpone to the morning wasn’t really ideal as she had so much to learn but there was no point when he looked half about to fall over
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 10:02 pm

He nodded at the response, not game enough to open the files anyway while they were in the air just in case the papers went flying as well. Unable to hold back any longer, he brushed his free hand over her scales very gently, so very curious about what they felt like. “Okay, sounds good to me.” He wasn’t entirely fussed about where they ended up, as long as they weren’t going to be hunted down for rescuing the poor girl. “Is she going to be alright?” Bran meanwhile had contacted Killian to let him know the change of plans, and made a soft sound at the pain that his shadow master was in. He’s only able to stay the night, he murmured to his Rose. He’ll meet us there when he can.

He considered her question, already on his third jar of honey. “Plenty, you’ll be busy for weeks with it all.” Still, he was exhausted, and he covered a yawn with a hand. “The morning is a good plan. This place will become yours so make yourself at home, it currently is in my name but I’ll change it when I can. All the servants here are yours to keep or not as you wish.” Guessing that she’d be rather self-sufficient he flicked her a glance as he hopped down. “I’d advise keeping a skeleton household, it saves you keeping up with the upkeep as well as your new duties.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 pm

As soon as Azazel had let her know that the girl was gone from the glacier, Jet abandoned Oliver and strode up to where she knew her mother was, opening the door and remaining calm and composed despite the scene that greeted her. “Mother, you still need him to work. Much more and he’ll be useless to you” meeting her mother's equally cold gaze without flinching, Ice finally nodded and left allowing Jet to walk over to where Killian was and untie him from the post her shadows bringing her a bowl of cool saline and a clean rag. Starting to wash the whip welts gently not saying anything as there was nothing to be said, tending to him until his back was as good as she could get it “Get going, I can buy you the night, but be back by seven am” straightening she left with the now bloodied bowl and blood-soaked rag the door closing behind her.

Feeling the hand brush over her scales Rose resisted the urge to respond, ‘The girl? Yeah. She’s unconscious, not dead Angus’ now that he’d brushed his hand quite close to one of her shoulders she added ‘if you’re that intent on touching what isn’t yours scratch my left shoulder for me’ sounding like her usual snarky self the dragon then made a noise that could only be described as a purr when he obliged. Touching down as lightly as she could, back feet first and then after transferring the girl to one paw, she set her right paw down, laying Renee down surprisingly gently, the scaled beast let Angus off before shifting with a yawn.  “chuck her in the back Gus” clapping him over the shoulder she collected the files and unlocked her car getting into the front and winding down the window to smirk “Hurry up buttercup!” with everyone strapped in she floored it intending on getting to Killians as soon as she possibly could quite concerned about him and wanting to share what she’d read in the files. “You don’t really remember much about your brother for someone who’s so desperate to find him” Rose started conversationally  “Ever think perhaps it's for the best?” she’d been there with her own brother, but from what the file said Angus was Killian's brother and she wasn’t sure how Killian would take it.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Somehow he’d managed to withdraw into his mind enough for the pain to be dulled, and it was Alkira leaning against his leg that made him stir when it was just them and Jet in the room again. Unmoving, he said nothing as she tended to his back, grateful that she could buy him the night, and just nodded once before she left. Utterly exhausted and in pain every time he moved, he managed to gather himself and his shadows and take himself to his home and find something that might help take the edge off the pain. Rose would be an hour or so with the distance she had to travel, and that was long enough for him to try and work out what was going to happen now.

Hesitating at her words, the selkie eventually obeyed and scratched her shoulder like she’d asked, highly amused at the purr that emanated from her when he did. Not speaking much more on the flight back, he gathered the girl into his arms again and settled her in the back of the car and hopped in the front, musing over everything that had happened and getting lost in his own thoughts again. Her voice startled him and he flicked a glance at her, shrugging a little at the question. “I was three,” he said simply. “There’s not much else I remember from then.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Rose clearly hesitated for a few long moments, her gaze shifting from the road to him before she reached back to pick up one of the folders, opening it on her lap she passed him a photo “Recognize anyone?” the photo was of two boys, that she recognized as Killian and Angus, the file had stated that they were infact siblings but whether Angus would recognize Killian in the photo or not would be the confirmation she needed before going to Killian with the news. She wasn’t even sure that she’d tell him right away with the fuss and drama of what had happened with Renee. If he did recognize Killian then she’d have to warn him to keep that information to himself until things had been sorted out, from what her gut said and what her raven had been doing she had the feeling that he wasn’t really in the right place for the revelation. After passing him the photograph she’d kept one eye on the road and one eye on him wanting to see his reaction, this could potentially be opening up a can of worms, but it’d prevent Angus from actually attempting to hunt Killian if he did manage to piece things together and realize that he was the shadow killer.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 11:07 pm

Curiosity piqued by her behaviour and questions, he turned his gaze to watch her, unsure what she was talking about as she passed him a photograph. Studying it, a frown creased his brow and he leaned forward to rummage through his belongings, searching for one book that was significantly more tattered than the rest. It fell open naturally at a page that was obviously the one looked at the most, a hand drawn image of what he remembered of his brother, and one that was very very similar to one of the boys in the photo he’d just been handed. “Why?” He wasn’t really sure what to think, yes he’d been searching for his brother, but he’d been operating under the assumption that he’d been dead for years, and hadn’t really expected to find anything despite it all.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Irritated when he answered her question with another question she sighed “That boy” she pointed at Killian “Is a friend of mine named Killian. I found that file within the stores with your name on it and a bunch of information from stuff like how much percentage of a selkie you are, to where you live. The person who forces him to work for her a cruel woman named ice, has been keeping tabs on you it seems” turning her gaze back to the road in time to swerve around a cat in the midst of darting across the road she continued “We’ll be at our destination soon. For now, I’d like to ask that you keep this just between us, when things are more settled, we can figure things out more. Hang onto the photo for now” she fell silent for the rest of the trip, every now and then glancing back at the unconscious girl in the backseat somewhat concerned for her, she knew next to nothing about how shadow masters were turned and until she’d read that file had had no idea it was even possible. Finally they got there, pulling over, shoving Angus’s folder under seat she held onto Renees and got out of the car “Bring her inside Gus, put her on one of the couches in the living room” stepping up to the door she knocked on it before entering.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 pm

He stayed silent for the rest of the trip, unsure what to think or say about what she’d told him. Slipping the photo into the book where the drawing was, he tucked the little book back away and resumed watching out the window, his thoughts jumbled and conflicted. Glad when they got to the small hidden cottage and he could have something to do, he picked up the girl and followed Rose to the door that swung open without apparently anyone needing to open it for them. He blinked at the serval that was in the doorway, but stuck close, settling Renee on the couch like Rose had said and moving back a little, wondering where the owner of the house was. Having been outside watching the stars and trying to ignore the pain from his back, Killian moved through the house slowly when Cricket alerted him, leaning on the doorway from the kitchen into the living room flicking a quick glance over the boy before settling his gaze on Rose. “Thank you.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Looking up when he walked in to lean on the doorway, Rose offered him a quick quiet smileAny time scruffy” getting up she picked up the file and walked over to him “Theres a couple of things about the girl you need to know now, Scruff. Lets sit outside” he’d probably be happier out there than in the small house with the way he was feeling. It was slightly more private too, once outside she shifted and found a patch of earth to stretch out on watching him quietly ‘Ice has turned her into a shadow master, from the notes she added some things to make the girl more aimed towards healing than anything else. She was planning to have you produce kids with her” indicating with her muzzle at the file with Renees name emblazoned on it that had been left on the ground so the dragon hadn’t set it on fire. Going quiet to let him digest everything perfectly aware that he wasn’t in his usual mindset, the dragon didn’t push him quite prepare to wait and offer support as it was wanted.

Renee remained unconscious for a while longer, a small bird materializing out of her chest, it perched on the couch looking around with bright intelligent eyes, watching Angus rather curiously it didn’t do anything else until Renee awoke with a sudden jump and gasp. Shooting straight up into a sitting position she stared around shaking slightly until she recognized the room she was in, quietly she turned to Angus able to see him in high relief thanks to her new eyes being designed for the dark. “Who are you? Where is he?” she wasn’t sure which he she meant herself in all honesty, she had been roughed up and abused a little by Oliver but he hadn’t had much time before ice had taken her off of him and from the background she’d come from it’d not really affected her too bad, very used to just going away inside and shutting everything else out. Studying the curly haired man closer she tilted her head to the side a little “Are you related to Killian? You look like him”she’d always been good at picking up things like that about people. Her other concern was to find Killian and apologize, since he'd probably arranged to get her back and it would have been a terrible inconvenience for him, anxiously starting to pick at the wound on her neck that had scabbed over.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Watching her go, Killian closed his eyes for a few moments, his tired mind taking a while to register what she’d said. When it finally did sink in, he straightened and made a slow way back outside again, not realising that blood was dripping from the hem of his coat onto the floor in a trail behind him. Grateful that she’d shifted, he sat with her and leaned into the warmth closing his eyes again. He was so tired, so sore, and he had the distinct feeling that he wasn’t going to be allowed sleep for another few days yet thanks to Ice, but he was just going to have to deal with it. He stayed silent for a long time, almost falling asleep, but he eventually moved, stirring slightly to pick up the file. “What was done to her?” He really wasn’t in his usual quick-thinking mindset, and things weren’t properly registering with him yet.

Watching the other man, Angus got the distinct impression that he wasn’t the brightest of fellows, but he kept those thoughts to himself, searching instead for something that he could use to unlock the cuffs around the girl’s wrists. Managing to get them off as she woke up, he scooted backwards until she appeared to see him properly, frowning a little at her questions. “I’m Angus. Um, the guy who lives here just went outside with Rose.” Her last question threw him a little, and he found a place to sit. “I don’t really know, Rose said keep that to ourselves for now. He doesn’t look in good shape.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm

At the mention that Killian didn’t look like he was in good shape, Renee went pale instant guilt washing over her face “I have to go apologize this is all my fault” it wasn’t helped that her now excellent night vision revealed that blood had been dripped onto the floor. Standing she followed it outside, spotting the dragon and then Killian she walked towards them only to stop in her tracks when the large to her dragon snarled at her, some of the dragon’s own personal feelings getting in the way of letting Renee close to the man. Swallowing hard she reminded herself what she’d been through, and at least if this dragon did kill her well it’d be a quicker death than many other fates. That gave her enough courage to take a few more steps forward “Killian… I’m so sorry” unable to help herself her eyes were welling with tears, the lump in her throat wouldn’t go away, but her temporary courage urged her to take a few steps forward and crouched down in front of him, still in the clothes she’d be rescued with. “This is all my fault, I should have hidden better or something, and after I promised I wouldn’t be a problem” her little bird had ridden with her on her shoulder and cheeped softly to try to comfort her. Guided by what he said to her, Renee hesitantly reached out and took one of his hands visibly flinching as she did so. Her newly born shadows billowed around her whispering to themselves before they wound around under his coat investigating the wounds there, several of them squeaking at the minute bits of silver that had been left behind. Doing their best to heal what they could they wound up mostly just masking the pain, rocking back and forth a little as she didn’t really understand what was going on, “I’m so sorry” she wanted to stay, she didn’t want to leave this place where she’d blossomed, but she’d caused so much pain and trouble she pulled back “I’ll leave so this doesn’t happen again” despite pulling back her shadows remained doing what they could doing her best not to cry openly she stood and moved away properly ignoring the glare from the dragon that wasn’t particularly convinced that she wasn’t harming him. The entire time she was crushed with guilt, she didn't deserve to be here and while dealing with Killian she'd followed the instincts that told her to move slowly around him.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 pm

He would have fallen asleep if not for the amount of pain in he was, still at least the heat from Rose was helping to some degree. Closed eyes and resting against her, Alkira’s growl and then Rose’s growl alerted him to something going on. Killian opened his eyes in time to see Renee crouch down and speak, the words still taking their time to actually register properly in his tired mind. Despite his lethargy, his shadows were quick enough still to hiss at the new ones, not particularly wanting them around in case they hurt him even more. In the end, it was Cricket that came outside, sitting beside the girl and placing a paw on her foot. Stay. The quiet serval kept her golden eyes focused on the girl, only letting her words be heard by Killian and Renee. You have much to learn, and it is safest for you here. Nothing is your fault.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Feeling the paw on her foot, Renee glanced down her arms having securely wrapped around herself in an attempt to comfort herself “If I wasn’t here it wouldn’t have happened” the dragon, however, was getting sick of the disruption and growled again ‘Fuck off. Go natter inside. You’re irritating me girl’ snapping at her after talking she watched with pleasure as the girl visibly flinched again and did as she was told. Laying her head back down she murmured ‘Rest scruffy’ she didn’t know how much time he’d have before he had to leave and work for ice again and so she wanted him to get the rest he so desperately needed. Once inside she walked through the house to her room and sat down on the bed lifting her hands to her face. She’d never wanted anyone else to get hurt because of her, she’d never wanted to bring him trouble either and now everything felt broken. She didn’t understand the black shadows that pooled around her and nor did she understand why the small male fantail remained with her, the guilt wouldn’t leave her alone slowly convincing her more that it was her fault all of it. To cry would be self-pity and that was something she couldn’t stand so she clenched her jaw and wiped at her watery eyes firmly trying to calm herself down by breathing slowly, resting her hands in her lap and closing her eyes she focused on breathing and becoming aware of everything around her in a type of mindfulness activity designed to stop her from getting into a complete flap. She had to be strong, she'd dealt with her life before now and she'd keep being strong, continuing to focus on her breathing, slowly in and out, focusing on keeping her breath long and slow. In doing so she became aware of where she was sore herself from Oliver, her shadows naturally picking up on it slipped up to brush around the bruises soothing them before healing them. They spent a little longer at her broken ribs before managing to heal those too, the guilt was still there but her emotions were under control again. She could control her emotions, she'd had to do that for such a long time, this panic and guilt would pass, she just had to hold on and keep going.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Flicking a cold look at Rose, Cricket stayed with the girl, following her back inside to her room and sitting near her to keep watching her. Nothing is your fault, she repeated gently, moving to rub against Renee’s legs gently. It is not your fault she owns him, nor is it yours that he decides to disobey her sometimes. We can teach you about the shadows, you should stay. It’s safe here while we’re around. The serval was determined to make the girl stay, she was Killian’s soulmate, they were supposed to be together, and nothing was going to get in the way of that if Cricket had anything to do with it. I will stay with you when he must leave again. You’ll stay safe.

Knowing that his serval would be doing her best to comfort the girl, Killian curled up close to Rose again, closing his eyes. There were so many things he knew he had to do before he returned to Ice, but he just couldn’t find the energy to move just yet. “Tell me what happened,” hr murmured. At least while he was settled here with her, he could try again to see if he understood what she’d been saying about Renee and what Ice had done to her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 pm

Hearing the voice in her head, blue eyes opened to focus on the owner of the voice that she suspected was the serval, the voice was firm but not unkind giving the impression that the owner of the voice was telling the truth. The serval seemed dedicated to getting her to stay, repeating itself several times if she really wanted her to stay then she would “Okay, I’ll stay” now that she’d calmed down tiredness pulled at her again as if she’d run a marathon “What is happening to me?” Renee asked quietly “I thought it was Killian that had shadows but now ones are following me and I’m connected to the bird” there was a burning hunger for something sugary in her stomach as well but she wasn’t particularly sure what it was she wanted, something sugary that was for sure. Perhaps for something like an apple crumble or some ice cream, too tired to be bothered moving for now. Remembering finally that the creatures name was Cricket, Renee also remembered her manners “Thank you” the words spoken by her had helped ease some of the guilt that had settled upon her shoulders.

Ignoring the cold look from Cricket, Rose snorted to herself releasing a cloud of smoke from her nostrils, the quiet request drew the dragons attention and so she repeated herself slower this time “Ice changed her into a shadow master” hopefully he’d have time to flick through the file before he left to go back to ices “Details are in the file. Basically she was going to breed new shadow masters, using you and the girl” true she was being a bit rude to gus by being out here, however Killian was family and that came before an apprentice she’d gotten drunk with. “More information in the file” he was a big boy and could keep himself entertained surely until Killian had left.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 12:12 am

Pleased, the serval moved to jump on the bed and curl up beside the girl, nudging her hand for pats hopefully. Good. The woman who kidnapped you is known for experimenting, she explained quietly. She’s turned you into what Killian is, a shadow master. The bird is your soul, like Alkira is to Killian. He is very much a part of you. Yawning, the long legged cat stretched and settled herself more comfortably again. Once Killian returns, he’ll be able to explain in more detail. Rose will had found out what she can about Ice’s plan and will be telling him now. Hopefully their shadow master would heal easily, but he was rather poor at healing, and any wounds he had ever received always healed so much slower than they should. Cricket wasn’t going to be surprised if the flogging was going to be paining them all for many weeks to come, especially if Ice was going to be making him work while he healed.

Absorbing the information a bit better the second time around, Killian nodded slightly and reached for the file, flinching as he did. The movement having opened what little closing of his wounds that had managed to happen. Ignoring that for now, he opened the file to see if he could register anything in there before he had to leave. “She finished turning her?” He knew that sometimes stopping the process of whatever Ice was doing fucked something up, so for once he was actually going to prefer it if Ice had been successful. It did seem like she’d been, Renee had had a small bird on her shoulder that felt like a soul shadow, but he knew he was very much out of it right now still, and he didn’t really trust anything that he was determining himself. If it was all true, he was going to have to try and teach Renee what he could about shadows in between his hunts – it just wouldn’t be fair on her to make her work it out all himself like he’d had to before Jet and Ice had taught him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 am

Slightly surprised at the nudge for pats, Renee nevertheless obliged the serval and began gently stroking her listening to what she had to say, thankful that Cricket was explaining things to her Renee nodded along to show she understood. “Okay” hesitating for a moment she continued “When I touched his hand, I felt his pain, his back” did Killian feel the same thing when he touched somebody? Wanting to find out more about what she’d be turned into and why things were happening the way they were, was what she felt normal or was she some kind of freak, “my ribs and bruises were hurting and they made it stop” stroking the serval was soothing and so she kept doing it liking the soft feel of the shadows fur. Assuming that Rose was the dragon that didn’t like her very much, she pushed that out of her mind letting herself truly focus on how the cat felt underneath her gentle hand, the shape of the cat’s body and the softness of the fur. Mindfulness was something she’d taught herself in order to cope, before Killian had found her it’d saved her from a beating a fair few times and now it helped her deal with the guilt and how overwhelming the news about her now being a ‘shadow master’ she’d always been plain old Renee that to be turned without her knowledge or permission was scary. Feeling the worry and the guilt return she focused on her slow breathing and felt relieved when the overwhelming feelings backed off again.

Yawning widely, tired after the flight since she was out of shape really having spent a long time in her human form blending in with the masses of humans ‘Yes, from what happened when she touched you. Ice was very successful in her goal’ her shoulder was itching again so the orange beast moved to itch it taking care not to disturb the man she had curled around, once he had gone back to Ice, she’d collect Angus and head off. Renee wasn’t any of her business and she intended to keep it that way, things were the way they were between herself and Killian and there was no point in thinking any different, it’d be easier once she had some alcohol in her system again shaking her head to snap her out of it she refocused on what she was going to train Angus on next, he’d probably have some questions about his brother that she’d have to answer and honestly she probably owed him those questions after dragging him into this mess.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Listening to the young woman’s words, the cat was purring gently at the pats while they conversed. I… am unsure what skills she decided to give you. It sounds like she’s made you a healer, but Killian will be able to tell you more. It didn’t sound like Ice to give someone useful skills, but perhaps she’d actually been thinking for once – maybe Renee’s healing would actually be helpful to Killian, but the old shadow wasn’t holding her breath about it. Nothing else had ever helped him heal faster. Your soul shadow will be a male, he will have a name that he’ll tell you when he’s ready. Soul shadows are highly important, what hurts you hurts them, and vice versa. If one of you dies, then so does the other. Looking up at the girl, she considered things. Am I going too fast for you?

He'd flicked through the file, but nothing whatsoever had sunk in so he closed the file again and leaned against the warm scales again, the warmth so far being the only thing that was helping. “That’s new,” he murmured. “What’s the time?” He wasn’t going to risk being back late, not now after she was still so furious with him. He wasn’t sure how long he was going to be away from his home this time, so he was planning on leaving a few shadows behind to keep an eye on the place. By the sounds of it, Cricket was determined to stay behind and help teach Renee, so he was going to let her. She was a good choice for the lessons. “You had no trouble getting her out?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 6:56 pm

Listening to the huge lump of information thrown her way, Renee took a few moments to digest it all, blinking when she realized she’d been asked a question she hastily shook her head “no no it’s fine” she’d have to take time to digest it all later, right now it was just filed away she wanted to learn as much as she could about what had been done to her. The idea of healing people was nice, all she wanted to do was help people after all, her gentle had continued to stroke the serval, glancing at the little fantail who perched so serenely on her shoulder in quiet awe that her soul was in the shape of the cutest little bird she’d ever seen. Thinking quietly to herself Renee questioned the serval softly “is there any way I can get books on the anatomy of people?” Surely that’d help advance her abilities, if she knew more about the human body then it’d be easier to fix it no? “oh, and creature too! I just want to help people, and if I can do that by healing then I want to learn everything I can” then if he came back hurt again she could fix it properly and help him like how he’d helped her. She wasn’t sure where she could get the books but trusted that Cricket probably would, she was far smarter than herself after all. Her gaze betrayed her by flicking in the direction where she knew Killian was, still feeling guilty and just wanting to make the pain stop for him, she owed him.

Rose flicked her tail ‘Three am, It was a cinch. Sent the selkie in since I was more likely to melt the whole place since you know I’m so hot’ speaking dryly the dragon itched her shoulder again dislodging a few scales where they were growing irregularly over her scarred skin. At least it seemed her warmth was helping him, closing her eyes as if she was about ready to go to sleep which in all honesty she was. Making a note to herself to get flying more and to carry the lump of lard with a head of curls around to build up her stamina and strength in her dragon shape, heavens knew her luck would be she’d need her dragon form against some sort of creature and she’d be out of shape and unable to defend herself.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 7:19 pm

The cat nodded contentedly. Despite what it looks like, the town is only a short walk away. We’ve just made this place very hidden for our safety. You’re welcome to go into town whenever you like, there is a bookstore there. Picking up on the gaze towards where the shadow master was. He does not blame you for anything, she said softly. Ice is cruel and strict, and he would have inadvertently disobeyed her regardless. It is his nature. The cat sniffed, clearly disapproving of that part of Killian, but there was nothing that would change it, it was just who he was, and they handled what was thrown at them as best they could. He will recover.

Taking a moment to register the time, Killian stirred, aware that he’d have to get moving fairly soon if he was to be back by seven. “I have to leave soon.” He wanted to do anything but, but he had no choice in the matter – his contract with Ice kept Mel and Sofie safe, and that was all that mattered. Despite his words, he made no move to get up, not enjoying the idea of moving and opening up the whip welts yet again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Closely listening, Renee nodded perking up at the idea of a bookstore, although she had no money but perhaps if she sold some of her drawings, she might get enough money together to be able to purchase a book or two. Glancing down at Cricket when the serval reiterated that he didn’t blame her, she shrugged a little sheepishly. Picking up on the disapproval she offered a gentle smile “That’s a type of bravery ” bolting upright as she remembered that there was someone else in the house she gave Cricket one more pat before heading back out into the living room bowing her head to the curly haired man “I’m so sorry! Please don’t misunderstand me as being rude, is there anything I can get for you? A hot drink? Something to eat perhaps?” how selfish of her to become so caught up in her own problems that she forgot that there was a guest that needed tending to. Her cheeks were flushed in shame at how rude and disrespectful she’d been, especially if she was right and he was Killians brother whom to her bore such a striking resemblance.

Distracted from her thoughts about retraining herself to be better and stronger, Rose grunted ‘Fuck her. I’ll go light her fancy little glacier ablaze and then the rest of her skulking lairs. For fucks sake mate she’s got more lairs than any other dragon that I know, including me’ mostly because her lair was her car since it was far more portable and useful, she had nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking care of ice. Grumbling to herself she moved her head to rest it on top of one of her front paws, the eye on that side of her head flicking around to look at Killian, she had nothing to lose but her life. In all honesty was that even something to lose? In all honesty? When she looked at who and what she was, it didn’t seem like a sacrifice, grinding her teeth together as she ruminated over it all. No one depended on her, No one needed her, it was tragically perfect, especially if she planned it right, hitting the places where Ice wasn’t until she only had one lair left and became a trapped rat in a trap. The thought she’d probably die didn’t even bother her, she’d long lost sight of what she actually lived for, stuck there with no booze or anything else to distract her, the dark thoughts that usually were kept at bay darkly started to dig their claws into her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Hmph. The shadow didn’t say anything else about Killian, choosing instead to follow the girl as she wandered out to the living room again. Glancing up from the book he’d found and where he was curled up on the couch reading it, Angus offered Renee a quick smile again. “It’s okay, there’s been a lot going on tonight. I hope you don’t mind I got myself a book to read in the meantime.” He indicated it then shook his head at the offer of anything to eat or drink. “I’m okay, thank you. Are you okay?”

Glancing up at her, he rested a hand on her nose, scratching the scales there gently. “You’d die or be captured and then I’d have to go avenge you or get you out,” he said simply. She still meant an awful lot to him despite or maybe because of all they’d gone through together, and he didn’t like the idea of her going on a suicide mission. Letting out a soft sigh, he leaned back against her very carefully, still wincing slightly as the movement caused him more pain despite his care. “When will you and the kid be leaving? There’s booze in the cupboard for you too.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next