The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 3 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:16 pm

SHe remained a couple of meters back from the fence not understanding how touching the horses face was in the air. That didn't make any kind of logical sense, but she stayed silent, simply watching not understanding why he stopped with his hand on the horses neck. This was confusing, but staying silent was best, ending up growing disinterested watching the flighty horse her gaze landed on Julian watching him intently wondering why this one of all people was coloured. She would have been fine never finding her coloured, she and her brother were going to have to take care of Ice if things went further

Sending him a sly grin now she shrugged and leaned back in her seat again, "you got the eyes wrong by the way, he has two different shades of grey eyes. Probably because one is a different colour, you share the same shade grey though" however the sly look changed when her shadow that was hidden in her pocket so she wouldn't hurt it squeaked and stuck a tentacle out wanting to tell her that Killians shadows had briefly visited. Where she was willing to put herself in danger she was not in any mind going to put the small one in the same danger. "Well I suppose i've bothered you enough, enjoy your fruitless search sweetpea" standing she headed over to the bar to pay for her drinks then escaped into the fresh night air. How she hated that she couldn't touch the shadow without gloves "Come on then little one, we might as well go visit him then"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Content with the progress he’d made with the colt, he took him back to the paddock, beckoning to her. “You’re a quiet one, aren’t you. Come on, let’s get you on Ned again. Since you’re here.” He had no idea of what was going through her mind, but he wasn’t going to try and make her speak. He’d just let her stay around if she wanted to. Looking at her, he studied her eyes again, still fascinated with the deep colour that they were. He’d never even imagined a colour like that. “Do you remember how to get on bareback?”

He stared after her as she left, thoroughly confused. How did she know about the eyes, and why would she tell him something like that and then just leave? Pulling the pad out again, he studied the half done image before shaking his head. There was no point in hoping any more, it had been too long. His brother had to be dead by now. Paying for his meal, he retreated to the motel room he’d booked and sprawled over the bed, chewing on a pencil as he tried to connect the dots in some sort of pattern.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Melissa was quiet then spoke "To speak without reason is folly, one learns more from observing" following him closely she kept a close eye on things as if waiting for something to attack them. Noticing he was staring at her she felt unusually uncomfortable, not understanding why she ignored it and instead used the moment to inspect the two toned eyes, they really were nice. Finding she liked them she blinked and looked away deciding to answer his question now "I am unsure" she admitted glancing back at him again. She would stay, if only to be around the horses and keep her brother happy, however the man in the hat didn't seem to want to make her talk or do anything it was a change.

Sofia turned up inside Killians house, having let herself in through a window, "Well well well Killi, you have a pet girl who can bake" happily chewing on one of Renees biscuits she leaned against a wall in his study watching him cheekily enough. He seemed well enough, not dead anyway, "you mighth want to be careful theres a hunter sniffing around" she advised him
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:42 pm

“Wise words,” he murmured, handing Ned’s halter to her. “Alright then, catch him for me. Giving her a quick rundown of how to use the halter, he then headed off to get an old mare of his. It would be easier to ride her and keep an eye on Mel than if he was riding Ghost. Coming back with the gentle thing, he soon had her bridled, and waited for the woman to come over, Ned’s bridle in his hand.

“Everyone’s popping out of the woodworks now, are they?” Frowning at her slightly, half his mind still on his next prey, he stole what was left of her biscuit and finished it off. Leaning back in his chair, he propped his feet on the desk, watching her. “A hunter? Well that makes it all the more fun. They won’t be able to find me. I’ve made sure of that.” He tilted his head, watching her. “What’s brought you into town?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Taking the halter she listened intently then moved over to the gelding, feeling relaxed in his company she offered a hand to sniff before stroking the bay boys neck. Figuring out the halter and slipping it over the animals head she lead him silently back to where Julian was, her eyes being drawn back to Ned she spoke "He is such a bright color" she didn't know what Julian could see in color was it as much as she could? Mels problem was that she didn't really have any personal effects, she had nothing that could identify her, she didn't have a satchel, a jackal or a hat. She had nothing. Not letting herself focus on that she studied neds side working through logical ways to get on.

Sofia shrugged "the usual, theivery" the sick woman grinned at him, she'd never let him know how much silver had been pumped into her or how unwell it made her. "Catch me up on your latest" she told him flopping down onto a chair contentedly. Not bothering to make a fuss when he stole the last of her snack, there were plenty on the plate she could steal more if she really needed to
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:57 pm

“Good. He likes you.” He rubbed the old gelding’s neck fondly. “Right, this is how you put his bridle on him. You should be good to get on him without a leg up, you’re tall, he’s on the small side.” He showed her, and then blinked. “You can see his colour?” Wistfulness was evident in his voice before he sighed. Maybe one day he’d be able to see what colours his horses were. For now, he just contented himself with the various shades of grey.
Once she was on the gelding, he indicated the round yard. “In there. Don’t want you to fall off before you remember how to ride.” He’d left the gate open for just this purpose.

“Oh of course.” He grinned back at her, relaxing in her company as Alkira trotted over to say hello as well. It had been a while since they’d last been in contact. “Not much has happened. Been having fun with this town though. So much prey, I could stay for a long time.” He went quiet, wondering whether he could tell her about the girl, and then decided not to. There wasn’t anything she could do about it. “How close is the hunter to working it out?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Watching intently as he showed her how to put the bridle on she documented the knowledge in her vast memory banks. A single nod was her response to his question about the animals color "He is beautiful" she murmured quietly before managing her way up onto the horses back. With the naturally straight posture that had been beaten into her from a young age she guided Ned in, unbalanced but quickly figuring out the best way to keep herself balanced and secure on the geldings back. Once in the pen she looked back at Julian questionningly, wanting to know what he wanted her to do next, the animal was warm and solid beneath her and the more she sat there the better she figured out what worked and what didnt
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Getting on the mare easily, he followed her into the yard, not bothering to close the gate. Ned wouldn’t try to leave. “Keep him going, work yourself out. He’s got an easy gait, smooth to sit in. He’ll respond to the way you shift your body, so if you lean forward, he’ll think you want to go faster. He mouth is soft, don’t pull on the reins too much.” Pausing, he studied her critically. “And relax a little. It’s easy, riding him.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Focusing on the horse she nodded her head simply instead of replying outloud, taking a long deep breath she allowed herself to relax as much as she knew how. Her legs that had gripped the horses side a little harshly relaxed and became gentle against his sides. At his probing she gave Ned more rein until they were slack, urging him forward with his feet so he followed the walls of the round pen. Keeping herself from leaning forward instead she did the opposite and kept her shoulders back her gaze flicking from ned to the man on the mare. The bright color of the gelding was amazing and kept drawing her back to it.

The thief shrugged to herself after catching Killian up on the interesting things she'd been up to these past couple of years on her own. Planning to head back out again the young looking woman stretched "Don't worry about the hunter, i have nothing better to do than screw with him" keeping the halfl formed drawing the hunter had drawn to herself she stood up and held back a yawn rubbing at her eyes that ached. No she couldn't sleep now, she could cat nap but proper sleep was not a good idea, sleep always caused her to endure all of the pain all over again. "Take care of yourself killi" she told him with a grin and a wink before slipping out
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Julian watched her carefully, correcting her quietly when he needed to, but it appeared that she remembered quite a bit from when he’d taught her before. Nudging the mare out the gate, he glanced over his shoulder. “You coming? We’re going for a wander over the property. Been a while since I last did it for no reason, good time to do it now.” He couldn’t help but wonder what the next thing he’d see in colour would be. He so wanted to see the world in colour, see what his horses looked like, what his dogs look like. Sometimes it was hard breeding them.

“Be careful Sofie,” he warned her, sighing when she slipped out. He worried about her, knowing that she was more sick than she let on, but there was nothing he could really do about it. She refused to tell him much, and he respected that. He really wished that she’d stay longer, perhaps even have a good rest, but he knew better than to ask. Spinning on his chair only a little childishly, he got back to his work, frowning at the notes he was making for the next hunt.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Watching him nudge the mare out the gate she steered Ned after him, nudging the horse forward until they were walking instep. Remaining silent, her gaze flicking from the brightly colored horse to the dull in comparison, she'd never really wondered what colors the world was as she'd never believed that she would ever see it. Wondering how her beloved brother was doing, she sent his shadow an inquiring thought via her own, "you live here.... on your own?" she finally asked julian, the solitude of such a lifestyle was oddly compelling with nothing but animals to keep one company. Although she'd feel better if there weren't dogs involved, she'd always been taught to not trust dogs that weren't alkira who was a jackal in the first place.

Renee sat quietly staring at the pencils that were lit up with color, she was safe from her family, but she wasn't sure if this was any better. Constantly scared that they would turn up and hurt her, or that the man would suddenly change his tune and hurt her. With the black wispy things, he could probably hurt her more, picking a pencil she began doodling one of the shadows she'd seen hanging around. It was a little cold, but that was okay, she'd had worse, endured worse, the healing bones from the week before ached, but that was okay she'd had worse. She just had to endure and survive, to be good.

Having Located the hunter Sofia slipped into the bar, looking around she located the hunter by the smell of the weapons. Gunpowder had its own distinct smell after all, he had quite a few research items scattered around the table he was using. The lights hurt her eyes, so she kept away from them and joined him "Mind if I join you?" sitting down anyway with her back to the brightest lights of the bar, her green eyes flicked over him taking him in, taking in the state of the items around him. He was interesting alright, and not bad looking either, to bad he was a hunter, she'd do her best to put him on the wrong track or at the very least take the pressure off of Killian
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm

He let the reins go slack on the mare, allowing her to wander at her own pace. At the question, he looked over at his guest. “Yeah, just me. But I foster kids. They come and go, usually staying about a year, but I’ve had a few stay much longer.” He gave a quiet laugh. “It’s peaceful with just the animals, and I like my space.” He nudged the mare to a track that went through the paddocks, and glanced at Melissa again. “You travel a lot? Not a fan of dogs, I see.”

Growing bored with his work for now, he emerged from his room, hungry. Prowling around the kitchen, he found something to eat, then remembered that the girl would still be around. Heading for the doorway, he tilted his head at her. “Hungry? Come eat.” The shadows were telling him that she was hurt and cold, but he’d address that after she’d eaten.

He glanced up as she sat down, shrugging slightly. She seemed to know something about what he was hunting, so he wouldn’t ask her to leave just yet. “Sure, join. Since you’ve already sat yourself down.” He’d been talking to his foster parents recently, and it showed in his accent, it being stronger than usual. It always was stronger after talking to them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:41 pm

She wasn't quite sure what a foster was, but didn't delve into more questions about that. Instead she looked away taking in the vast out doors that seemed to go on forever, discovering that this was nice. His mention about dogs brought her attention back to him, meeting his coloured eyes squarely she spoke "Dogs are not to be trusted, they protect the targets and get in the way of kills" looking down at the bay stock horse again she added "Apart from Alkira, brothers jackal, we were taught they were all bad" it was strange how the practically stranger was able to draw out the thoughts and feelings that were often kept sealed away. "I travel plenty with work" she added, remembering his words

Jumping a little when she heard a voice she twisted herself to glance at him quietly, obeying the order she set her sketch pad tot he side and got up. Walking over to where he was she continued to act submissively, constantly worried and wondering what was going to happen to her next. Taking a breath she risked a question "What is.... um, your name sir" she whispered quietly unable to help but tense and lean away subtly as if expecting a blow which she was. It was just hard to continue to live a life of being trapped if she didn't even know her captors name.

How quaint, the irish accent was if anything endearing, however she wasn't foolish enough to lower any guards around him. A hunter was still a hunter no matter what kind of package they presented themselves as, "How kind, What brings a hunter here? Surely not the string of mysterious deaths?" well what was the use of beating about the bush it was better to dive on in. She wanted to know how much he did know but coudl guess he wouldn't want to tell her,
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 2:20 am

“Well, these dogs are aren’t guard dogs. They’ll sooner lick you to pieces than bite you.” Happy with the way the mare was ambling along, he looked over at her again, settled easily into the horse’s movements. “A jackal? Interesting sort of pet. Wouldn’t have thought they’d be too easy to tame.” Pausing to open a gate, he gestured for her to guide the gelding through first, then he followed, closing the gate behind them. “So you’d have seen quite a bit of the world then. Must have been interesting. I tend to travel more around here, though there are some places that ask me to fly over. Hard on the horses, though.”

Having pushed some food in front of her, he tilted his head, recognising the signs of fear. “You’re afraid I’ll hit you, aren’t you?” He knew the feeling well enough, so did his sister. It was half the reason why he’d taken the girl from where she’d been living. Wrinkling his nose at her question, he answered it nevertheless. “Killian.” He pulled apart the piece of bread he’d found, making a small mountain of bits of bread. His thoughts were elsewhere, reshuffling how he had to work now that there was another person around.

She’d earned herself a sharp look, and he studied her more closely, trying to work out why she wanted to know. And how had she known he was a hunter? It was all rather suspicious, and something was telling him that she might know a few things. “I’m interested in the deaths,” he finally replied, almost cagily. “Why do you ask?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:20 pm

She wasn't exactly convinced that they wouldn't hurt her, but he seemed to be the type of person who wouldn't lie to her. However retraining herself to see dogs as not a threat, that sounded hard like something that would take her a long while. Well the jackal wasn't a normal jackal it was her brothers soul, but that was a little difficult to explain coherently, quietly asking the horse through the gate and waited for Julian to rejoin her. Nudging Ned forward when Julian caught up, she supposed he was right, she had seen quite a fair bit of the world but there had never been much time to do any sight seeing. There had always been hunts to do, not that she would have sightseen anyway, she knew how to work and that was about it.

Taking the food she couldn't keep eye contact, staring down at the food she began to quietly eat it not voicing any complaints. Shaking when he brought up her fears, she managed to nod, glancing up at him from underneath her lashes. The wrinkled nose wasn't missed, and more fear rose, she'd risked alot to ask a question and he seemed angry, however all he said was 'killian' oh okay, she didn't think she'd told him her name. Swallowing she murmured "u-um I'm u-um Renee" devouring the bread like it was the best thing she'd had in years, it was more food than she'd had in one meal in months. The plate soon empty she murmured "Thank you for the food" before she got up and returned to the couch, picking up her sketch pad and fiddling with the pencil not drawing just yet.

Glancing over the various sheets of paper and books with interest, the cunning woman smiled a little. "They are quite interesting, I've been waiting for someone to attempt to solve them" flashing him a smile Sofia leant back in her seat thinking over what to say or do next. He was definitely suspicious of her, which was fine by her, she half wanted him to chase her, to hunt her. It sounded like fun, in a dangerous kind of way, he was kinda cute in a puppy kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Julian didn’t mind the quiet, letting silence fall between them. He guided the mare along a new track, heading downwards to a paddock he thought she might like. He’d had a few foals born in the last couple of weeks, and they needed the handling anyway. “This way, there’s a small job that needs to be done.”

“So you’ve said,” he answered, his voice mild. Taking her plate and his, he simply dumped them in the sink to wash up later, and leaned on the doorway between the rooms, watching her. “I won’t hit you, if that’s what you’re scared of now,” he finally said. He wasn’t really sure what he was going to do with her, but he wouldn’t hurt her. He knew that much at least. Reminded, he moved forward to sit in the other chair again, still watching her. His shadows gathered around him, still very curious about the girl and wondering what she was here for. “Where’s the pain?”

He tilted his head slightly, narrowing his eyes a little. “You didn’t think of solving them yourself?” That was more than suspicious, and it seemed like he was going to have to keep an eye on her. He was doodling absently, not paying attention to the piece of paper, and once again the face was appearing under his pen. Finally realising, he glanced down at it, and sighed. He needed to get that man off his mind. It was useless trying to find him when he didn’t even know what he looked like any more.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

She didn't exactly understand why she saw the horse in colour, nor why she'd begun to see the males eyes in colour either, they'd just happened and as much as she was loathe to do it she had little choice but to go where it lead her. Normally she preferred to be as incharge of her life as she could be, knowing everything that was going on and planning everything out carefully, just nodding when Julian announced that he had a job to do, Melissa carefully guided ned after him. What would the rest of the world look like when it was no longer in shades of black white and grey, she couldn't be sure but it would prove to be interesting, soon loosing herself in thought of what her brother and his jackal would look like in colour. Melissa was surprised once they arrived in the paddock and there were many small long legged horses staggering around balanced precariously on matchstick like legs. Staring at them in confusion she asked the first thing that came into her head “What kind of horse are those? They do not look very efficient” what could one even have them do? They looked quite useless, remaining mounted ontop of ned, she split her stare between the weird horses that stuck close to several normal sized horses and Julian.

Going red, she looked down carefully fiddling with a fraying hem of her shirt, she'd forgotten that she'd told him likely in all of her anxiety that had been steadily building up. She wisely stayed quiet when the dark haired man announced that he wouldn't hurt her, she was stupid but not stupid enough to believe that, she'd heard that before. She would make a mistake and he would end up hurting her and it would be her fault, everything bad was always her fault, shifting a little under the stare she could feel still being directed her way she focused more on the hem trying to stop her hands from shaking. Swallowing hard she tried to keep breathing evenly, in through her nose, out through her mouth, slowly, and repeat, tensing up a little when she heard footsteps. Renee glanced up from under her lashes intime to see him move and sit in the other seat, relaxing ever so slightly now it seemed he wasn't going to come over to her completely it took her several moments to realize she'd actually been asked a question the anxiety in her chest and head had over shouted his words. Biting her chapped lip anxiously she prepared herself for a hiding and spoke “I beg your pardon mister? I-I did-didn't hear um hear you” her fiddling with the piece of threat intensified, her quick peeks at him from underneath her lashes trying to figure out if she was in trouble or not.

Brows rose “Now why would I want to go to all that trouble when there are people like you in the world who make it your mission to find out and take care of the problem mm?” honestly, hunters and their sense of chivalry and honour, they lost it as soon as they found out you weren't human and then wanted to destroy you. Even if you were as innocent as a cherub, perhaps she wasn't that innocent but she'd never killed anybody, if she had to appear to have done so to keep Killian safer she was willing to do so. Especially when he had that girl with him too, observing him closely and noting the half drawn face again, a quiet hum left her. The face was familiar, now where had she seen a face similar to that, it'd been several years however since she'd seen that version of the face, what she was focused on now was that this was a hunter hunting her friend. Settling back in her seat she smirked openly at him, more than used to her black and white world there had never been any hint to her that she'd ever seen the world in colour. She had a long time ago for a very brief time, she could remember the various colours and sometimes wondered if the various shades of grey were that colour underneath it all. It'd been over ten years since everythign had become black and white again, when what happiness she'd had had been stolen from her, her unborn child, her life, her love. She'd been brought back and rescued by her mentor, and had gone back to search for the boy she remembered only to find him grown up and with an adopted sister of sorts. She'd been dead a long time before she'd been revived, her first thing had been to help them get out. Sighing quietly she shook her head and kept the smirk on her face hiding everything.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Grinning at her reaction, he slipped off the mare, tethering her to the fence for now. He ducked through the fence and whistled gently to the mares and foals. They came over, the babies gambolling around in the way of their parents. “They're babies,” he explained, looking over his shoulder at her. “They are a bit inefficient, but they're only a few months old. They're still growing into their legs.” Gesturing at her to dismount and join him, he offered some of the carrot in his pockets to the mares, checking them over to make sure they were still healthy and okay. Laughing at the way the foals nibbled at his shirt and hat, and then bounded away when he reached out to pat them. “Come in, they're not going to hurt you. They're friendly little things.”

Killian studied her a moment, watching her reactions. When she asked him to repeat the question, he did so patiently. “Where does it hurt?” Making sure to keep any trace of annoyance or anger out of his voice. He was still a little tired from his disrupted sleep, but that was pushed to the side for now. “I'm not going to hurt you more, mouse,” he told her gently, Alkira nosing to lie on his lap again. Maybe her being there would help calm the girl a bit more. His shadows settled around him, eager to heal the girl, but waiting for his say so before they moved. They didn't want to scare her any more than she already was. After all, she was going to be living her for a while, and if she was terrified of them and him, it was just going to make it difficult. Still watching her to try and get a glimpse of the deep rich colour her eyes were, Killian leaned back in his chair, waiting quietly for her answer so that he could finally heal her.

Angus blinked at her statement, trying to pick through it. He was getting confused, though he knew that she was baiting him. He just couldn't work out why. “Then why would you be so interested in the shadow killer?” It didn't make sense to him, and it was almost like she knew who the killer was. Frowning, he followed her gaze down to the piece of paper, and gave a sigh. Ignoring who he'd drawn, he just pushed the page away, tucking his pen behind his ear. It immediately got swamped by his thick curly hair, but it didn't bother him. He'd find the pen later, once he'd forgotten where he'd put it and had a long search for it. Deciding to play the game, at least for a little while, he spoke again. “So what do you know, then?” For now, he didn't question her on how she knew about him and the other hunters. That could wait until maybe she trusted him a little bit more and had relaxed her guard around him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Watching the strange horses run up along side the normal horses she nodded slowly as Julian informed her that the weird things were indeed baby horses. She'd never seen them before and was quite intrigued with them, wary of getting off Ned, when he asked her Melissa slowly slid off and tethered him to the fence like Julian had done with his mare. Ducking through the fence and eyeing the animals warily opting to stick close to the man who knew what he was doing, Melissa openly stared as a few of the babies sidled around to investigate her too. Holding still when one decided to sample the end of her braid, the assassin could feel the baby horse chewing on her hair, she spoke "What are they called?" surely there was a term used instead of people saying baby horse all the time however she had no idea what it would be. A startled smile briefly appeared on her face when a foal tried to eat her shirt then moved to sniff her fingers the gentle warm breath, soft whiskers and velvety skin a surprise.

Quietly pleased when he didn't get angry when she asked him to repeat the question, Renee took a deep breath and spoke "My arms, my back, and my legs" they were all places where blows had been struck, still unsure that this place would be a safe haven for her. Renee risked a glance up at the mismatched eyes that were coloured, he informed her that he wasn't going to hurt her and she managed a deft nod "o-okay" watching the black cloudy things settle around Killian, the timid girl swallowed hard trying to not let herself get upset. Getting worried or scared well more than she already was would just get her into trouble, watching the jackal as it nosed its way into the mans lap for a snooze her shoulders relaxed and a soft exhale left her. Wanting to draw the animal she kept her hands still in her lap, she'd give it a go later when he was out doing something and wouldn't get mad at her for drawing something that was clearly so personal to him.

Instantly she looked amused at his question "Why would i want to answer a hunters questions? Could get a girl into trouble no? I simply wanted to know how much you know and it appears very little" humming a moment she decided to answer his first one "Its a very personal matter" pushing the matter that this young hunter resembled Killian closely, Sofia stood with a stretch "Ah well thank you for the talk, but I must be off I'm sure you understand" knowing fully well that she was starting to land herself in hot water, Sofia headed out. She'd borrow some of Killians shadows to make a distraction in order to implicate herself more, however she'd wait a little so as to make it not seem too overly suspicious. After figuring out where the hunter was staying she made herself at home in her hideaway, a very innocent looking apartment that was safe, secure and had no lightbulbs.  
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Keeping an eye on the woman just in case, Julian checked over the mares, making sure that they were all still happy with the foals. “Foals,” he told her absently, giving a quick grin when he spotted the babies nibbling at her. Running his hands over the one closest to him, he distracted the little thing enough to make it turn its attention to him, nibbling at the brim of his hat. Speaking softly to the foal, he checked it over before sending it off to its mother and doing the same with the rest of them. “You like them? They’re cheeky little things, but they’re smart. They’ll end up being good workers.” He tilted his head a bit, watching her. Her eye colour was so fascinating. He wanted to know what the next thing of hers would be that would blossom into colour, now that he could see her hairtie and her boots.

He gave a slow nod, keeping her eyes on her. At her response, his shadows had perked up, edging closer to the girl to try and heal her hurts. Letting them go forward this time, he spoke almost gently. “The shadows won’t hurt you. Just keep still for them, and it’ll be done quickly.” The shadows moved over to her, keeping quiet and gentle as they healed her hurts before returning to him. Once they were done, Killian tilted his head a little. “You can do what you want here,” he told her, feeling that it would be a good idea to clarify for her. “Just don’t touch my coat, and don’t touch my knives, okay? Do that, and you’ll be safe here.” Her eyes were such a rich colour, he didn’t think that he’d ever tire of looking at them. It was such a change from his normal black and white world that he’d long become used to. “I’m mostly awake at night, I sleep during the day. I’d prefer to not be disturbed, but if you can’t help it, don’t worry about it. I won’t get angry at you.”

Suspicious about the woman, Angus frowned as he watched her go. Strange that she was baiting him then moving away. He wasn’t stupid, but he was getting curious about her and her motives. It was interesting that his hunt was of a personal nature. All he could assume was that it had been one of her family that had been targeted. Pondering it a while, he did a bit more digging through his books before packing up and heading back to his motel. He had no idea that the woman was keeping an eye on him, though he was intending to keep an eye on her. His gut was saying there was something different about her, so he’d make sure to keep an eye out for it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Foals okay, she'd remember that, watching closely as he ran his hands over the foal and murmured to it quietly. "Yes I do like them, they are odd creatures but inspire gentleness in me" carefully observing the foal heading back to its mother and ducking its head underneath the mares flank for a drink. Noticing him observing, her brown eyes met his green-gold gaze studying the colour intently, blinking a moment she took a step towards him and hesintantly reached out to touch some of the strands of hair that had become coloured, most of his hair was still the dark colour, however some of them were now brown. Inspecting the colour carefully, she eventually dropped her hand and moved away from him thinking over it all quite intently.

Squeezing her eyes shut as the shadows billowed towards her, the blue eyes soon reopened once she found her hurts had faded. Staring at his mismatched eyes, Renee quietly nodded as he explained the rules and what she was and was not allowed to do. She'd keep quiet during the day, she could be as quiet as a mouse after all, feeling that it'd probably smart to reply to his words, renee took a deep breath and spoke "Yes Mister, I understand" her voice was soft and very quiet, she'd be a good girl and do as she was told. The single storm green eye was such an interesting colour, "Thank you, For taking me away from there" she added after a few moments of studying him carefully, normally she would have had no eye contact at all but the colour of his eyes drew her forward to meet his gaze.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 pm

He stayed still as she came forward, unconsciously treating her almost like a yearling horse. She was unsure of what his boundaries were, and wanted to know, so he let her do what she was intending for now. Tilting his head while she played with his hair, he pushed it out of his face when she was done, still studying her. “Everything okay, sheila?” he asked quietly. She was almost timid about seeing colours, and he still wanted to know why, but he wasn’t going to push that question yet. Not until she was more comfortable with him.

“Killian,” he corrected her. “I’m not mister, alright? I’m not going to hurt you if you disturb me.” He studied her as she studied him, still so curious about her eye colour, and what else he might end up seeing. “You’re welcome,” he murmured, preferring not to go into more detail about why he’d taken her away. Running his fingers gently through the shadows, he murmured gently to them in their shared language, gaze flicking to Alkira when the jackal trotted in. Her muzzle was stained, so he knew that she’d gone hunting for her dinner.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Glancing up when he asked if everything was okay, Melissa nodded "Yes, some strands of hair have changed colour" Colour was so new, so strange it was hard to comprehend and understand. She still didn't quite get why she was starting to see colour, part of her wanted to go find her brother and speak with him he always explained things for her when she failed to understand. Wandering back to the bright coloured Ned that was easy to pick out from the country side, she pulled herself back up onto the gelding and looked back at Julian wondering where they'd be going next. It was turning out to be a warm day, looking up at the grey but cloudless sky Melissa sighed softly, she liked it here but she would have to leave soon and preform some hunts. Surprised at how reluctant she was to leave this place one hand edged forward to stroke the horses neck absently

Still unsure about using his name, she felt shy at the intense studying look as he looked into her eyes. Her own gaze flicked down when his looked over at his jackal, fiddling with the hem of her skirt, colour she saw colour she knew what that meant, she'd heard the stories. Seeing colour on someone meant that they were your true soul mate and she'd never really believed that she'd be able to see it on someone. She wanted to know about him, but was too wary to ask, questions could be risky things, so she kept her words to herself, it wouldn't do to make trouble. Perhaps later she'd try out the kitchen once he'd gone to sleep, she hadn't seen any recipe books but she knew several off by heart, surely something she knew how to make would serve as a proper thank you for what he'd done for her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

He studied her, curious. "Really?" He wanted to know what colours she could see, but there was no real way of explaining what they looked like. Watching as she swung onto Ned again, he tilted his head at her. "Want to explore again, do you? That's okay, I'll show you the billabongs round the bottom of the place if you'd like." Moving over to a younger horse, he haltered and then slipped onto the two year old gelding. "This way, then. Let's see what else we can find on a wander."

Seeing that she seemed to be happy with the answers he'd given so far, Killian got to his feet, rubbing his hand over Alkira's muzzle to try and get some of the blood off her fur. "Amuse yourself, I don't really care what you do. Knock on my door if you need anything." He wandered back to his office, closing the door to start doing some work now that the sun was nearly setting and he was awake enough to continue his research. He'd managed to convince Sofie that the hunter was of no issue, so he wasn't sure where she'd headed off to. But at least she wasn't in danger now, so he wasn't worried.

Glad that the strange woman was no longer hanging around. Angus had kind of set up camp in the back corner of the pub to do his research. Mostly ignoring the noise of the other patrons in the bar, he concentrated on the book he was poring over, still trying to work out who the mysterious shadow killer was. There hadn't been any kills since he'd come around, and he felt like he was running out of leads. He didn't know who else to talk to for help, either.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Listening to him Melissa gave a nod of affirmation to his questions, however confusion clouded her facial features with a frown when he mentioned a word she'd never heard before "That sounds made up, Julian" she informed him quite calmly despite the confusion etched ever so clearly onto her pretty features. Interested that he'd grabbed another horse and gotten up onto it instead of the horse that he'd rode here on, she didn't comment quite happy to keep riding ned. She liked the horse, he was beautiful, and that wasn't a compliment that she often thought, continuing to stroke his neck until Julian began moving she urged the gelding after him.

Waiting until he'd gone she wandered into the kitchen and poked around, finding some ingredients she threw them together and ended up with chocolate chip muffins that were carefully iced  when cooled down. Getting into the creativity of it she added different shades of chocolate icing as well as adding sprinkles, once they were official works of art they were placed in the fridge to remain nice and cool, settling down she soon fell asleep on the couch hugging her satchel to herself. A peaceful look on her face, she was surprisingly comfortable on the couch having slept worse places before.

Entering the pub in a foul mood, Rose grumbled to herself in her native tongue, Killian and his fucking shadows, hes going to get hunters after him. Dumbass and dumber shadows for fucks sake very pissed she brought a drink and sat down at the bar very determinedly draining it and buying another. As she was in the middle of europe and Gaelic was a dying tongue she didn't think that anyone in there would be able to understand her bad tempered words
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next