The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 7 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Sighing with relief she moved to pick up her sketchbook where she’d hidden it before Oliver got into the house and sat down on the couch with it “yeah I am thank you, it’s just been a lot to take in. Last thing I knew I was just a human and now I’m something called a shadow master” setting her book down on her lap and flipping through it until she found a clean unused page Renee pulled her pencil out of the rings that bound the pages together and started to idly sketch not really paying much attention to anything using the chance to digest what she’d learned from Cricket while a picture slowly started to form on the page. “What’s your name? Where are you from?” she’d never heard an accent like the mans before and she was curious as usual, glancing down at her pad and blinking seeing the framework for a dragon that Renee suspected was for the big one outside that had growled at her the girl could only sigh and commit herself to the work carefully drawing outlines of wings, the scales were going to be fiddly but they’d look nice when she was done. All the while she kept her ears open listening to what the tall man had to say.

Going cross-eyed trying to look at the hand on her nose, Rose huffed releasing a few clouds of black smoke, ‘Hell would freeze over before I’d be caught by that bitch’ the dragon retorted grumpily the tip of her tail twitching not unlike a cats tail when a cat was being irritated. ‘After Dawn. No point sticking around to babysit the girl she’s got enough of that and I’m already on babysitting duty with Angus’ although the twitching of her tail stopped as soon as he mentioned her vice. Fully intending to drink his entire stock dry she wriggled slightly to get more comfortable on the earth ‘Try to heal well scruffy’ she had no idea what he’d been hit with so she wasn’t sure if there was still silver in his wounds or not but she remembered him always being horrendous to heal for some reason he'd never really told her why she’d just had to deal with it and do her best to help him. Although if this Renee girl could actually heal him then perhaps the girl was actually worth rescuing.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Closing the book but keeping his finger in the page he’d been up to, Angus relaxed a little as well at her news. It was good to hear that she seemed ok after everything that had happened. “Angus. I’m from Ireland, but I tend to travel around a lot.” He honestly didn’t even remember where he and his brother had grown up before he’d been given to his foster parents, and he didn’t really consider that a home anyway. His home was his Irish bookstore, and it always had been so it was a no brainer that that was going to be his answer. He’d not heard of a shadow master before this whole debacle, and made a mental note to do some research when he could to try and find out more. “You live here with Killian then?”

Content enough that she didn’t seem to be planning a raid on Ice, Killian closed his eyes again trying to settle enough to rest for a couple more hours. “Can’t promise that,” he murmured. He was just going to have to take his healing as it came, and hope that any jobs he was sent to do wouldn’t aggravate the wounds any more than they needed to be. Able to rest for a while, he eventually knew that he had to move and stirred again, getting to his feet very carefully and picking up the file. Hopefully the welts had at least started to scab over by now, but he pushed that out of his mind for now, scratching an itchy spot for her. “Thank you, hedgehog. I’m sure I’ll be seeing you around sometime.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Ireland, she’d never been there before, but from what she knew it was a fairly dismal place weather-wise but charming in other respects Yes I do. I keep the place clean” it sounded better than admitting that she basically had board and food for free. Tucking some hair behind one of her ears to keep it out of the way she queried “What do you do as a job?” perhaps that was being a bit too nosy but for him to turn up here with a dragon for a companion it had to be something interesting. Pursing her lips when she made a mistake in her work, she scrubbed the mistake out with her eraser and continued, wishing she could see more colours already to be able to use coloured pencils in her art was a private dream of hers, although she could see some shades that according to the names of colors of her pencils was called green. Currently, she was just using a plain old graphite pencil, glancing up to peer out the window at the dragon to refresh her memory she smiled to herself and started work on the details of the dragon’s face.

Growling to herself at the claim that he couldn’t promise that, she softened again when he itched her itchy spot ‘Going so soon?’ wriggling slightly at the scratching, when he stopped, she concentrated and changed to be human again and folded her arms. “Don’t call me a hedgehog you dick normally she might have elbowed him but she was wise enough to not bother this time. So instead she reached up and very roughly patted his cheek “Try not to piss off your mistress, the aftermath affects everyone” and with that she headed towards the house with every intention of finding his alcohol supply and perhaps if she was feeling generous sharing some with Angus. If she was lucky there’d be enough for her to make some bad decisions, since she was going to be infront of others again she started to mentally wind herself up into the right frame of mind for dealing with others and so by the time she entered the house she had her hardy grin back on her face and some life in her gaze, inhaling and detecting the strong whiff of what she was searching for the dragon followed her nose.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 9:46 pm

“I’ve got a bookstore near the sea, not too big but it’s nice enough. If you ever want to visit you’ll be more than welcome.” He was already warming up to the timid girl, and he figured it’d be a nice change of scenery for her if she ever wanted to. Looking up as first Rose, then Killian entered, Angus couldn’t help studying the other man, trying to figure out if Rose was actually right and they were related or not. He had no idea what to think if it was true, it seemed like all his efforts were going to be wasted with the situation Killian was in now.

He sighed. “That’s why I’m leaving - I have to be back by seven, she’s not going to be letting me far for a while.” Ruffling her hair, he followed her more slowly and rested his gaze on Renee, trying to order his thoughts before he spoke. “I have to return, Cricket and a few others will stay with you if you want to stay.” He had no idea when he’d be allowed back here, but he could just let her know via the shadows that stayed when he was told. It wasn’t ideal circumstances what with her only just been turned into a shadow master, but he really had no choice in the matter if he wanted to keep living.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Her features lit up at the offer “Oh yes please! I’d love that” she’d never been to the beach before and the fact that there was a bookstore there too was an added bonus, unsure how she’d get there she supposed she could maybe get a bus or something. At footsteps, she tore her gaze from Angus and blinked at the stranger unsure where she’d come from, however noticing there was no more dragon outside she supposed that the stranger must have changed from the dragon. Seeing Killian up and walking, she rose to her feet fiddling with the hem of her sleeve a little anxiously watching his eyes, as ever amazed at the sight of the colours she saw there “if I’m allowed to”seeming to remember she questioned softly “Can I visit Angus and his bookstore and the beach there? I’ve never been to a beach before” looking quite hopeful, she pressed her hands together hoping that she’d be allowed to visit. It didn’t occur to her that she might have a choice in the matter, Killian owned the house and she owed him much for him bringing her to this safe place and thus she must ask politely if she wanted a treat like getting to go to the bookstore by the sea. Rose meanwhile had found the booze and wandered back into the room tossing a bottle to gus with a look that told him to be grateful she was sharing even that much
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Smiling at her reaction to his offer, Angus was pleased that he’d done it, it seemed like something she’d always wanted to do and he was happy to open his home to her if she was going to visit. He looked over as Rose came in, catching the bottle happily and inspecting it to see what it was as Killian also came into the room, still looking very much worse for wear. He leaned against the doorframe again, wanting only to find a warm dark place to curl up and sleep, yet knowing he was unable to. Her question and words took a while to register still, and he was silent for a while, trying to work out what she was asking and why. Finally forming a response, he only just stopped himself from lifting a shoulder in response. “It’s not up to me what you can and can’t do. You do what you want.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Watching him she just wanted to reach out and stop it from hurting, her heart ached knowing exactly how much pain he was going through thanks to what had happened “okay, look after yourself okay? You can’t look after people if you’re not taking care of yourself.” Speaking quietly, her features creased into genuine worry for him. Rose watched from the corner she’d parked herself in, unscrewing the cap off one bottle of whiskey with her teeth, ignoring the slightly sour feeling in more happier pursuits like seeing if Killian had gotten the whiskey that could let her get completely shit faced. Summoning what confidence she had, Renee took a step forward and very gently touched her hand to his cheek “I mean it” for that moment she didn’t care if the jackal growled at her or not. Her shadows wanted to try to heal him again but she barely managed to hold them back not wanting them to interrupt, despite how much or how little he cared about her, she felt connected to him somehow and home. The touch and the look lasted for a few moments, brushing her thumb over his cheek briefly she lowered her arm and backed off, going to go sit on the couch again drawing her knees up to her chest and going quiet.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Ignoring most of what she said, he let her come closer, just too tired to summon the energy to make her move away. His jackal traded a glance with the serval that was sprawled in front of the fireplace and just sat quietly, moving her golden gaze to the girl again to watch her closely. “I have to leave,” he told her again quietly, thoroughly ignoring the kid hunter that was currently sitting on his couch. There was little to no interest in the curly kid, and he had rather more pressing things on his mind. Leaving Cricket with Renee, and a few of his other older shadows so they could help her learn and wander where she wanted, Killian returned himself to Ice’s lair where he knew that Jet at least would be waiting for him at the entrance. Not in the mood to speak, and disliking that he was going to have to be awake during the day, he walked with her silently to wherever she was planning on taking him this time.

With Killian gone now, Angus has the feeling that he and Rose would be leaving fairly soon as well. Closing the book properly, he slipped it back in the bookshelf where he’d found it and scouted out his pockets for a piece of paper and a pen he knew was in there somewhere. Scrawling his number and address on the page, he passed it to Renee. “Let me know what you want to visit and I’ll make sure I’m home,” he told her quietly and gave her a warm smile again before keeping the bottle that Rose had tossed him and following the short hunter back outside.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Heading out the door and putting her booze safely in the car, she waited for Angus before driving off, searching for a place to get drunk that wasn't covered in shadows. After a couple of hours drive she found a quiet spot and pulled over at a motel collecting her booze and marching inside to perch on the dining table in their room after paying for it and helping herself. Very happy when it was discovered that it was the type that let her get shit faced, Rose's mood improved dramatically "Be thankful I shared curly" the dragon announced when he walked in "its extra powerful, good for dragons that find it hard to get shitfaced" and after the bullshit that had happened with Killian a relief from the inside of her head would be well worth it. She dimly remembered Angus being able to keep up with her very well, so she might hav eto share more than just one bottle considering she owed him some for winning the bet. Taking a long swig and sighing happily she kicked off her boots and wriggled her toes quite content with herself and her collection.

Jet offered the barest of smiles and walked with him back to his room "You have a couple of hours to prepare and then you are to go finish that job. Bring the target to ice and then place it in one of the cages and I'll have your next job ready to go. I've talked her into giving you regular breaks as if you dont' heal you'll be useless to her. So after the second job you'll have 12 hours to do as you wish within the facility. Good Luck" she had no idea what it was that ice was sending him to capture and didn't particularly care keeping him alive and functioning was the only thing that mattered. He'd raised Dani and now she had a life outside of Ice, one day her goal was to make sure he had a life outside ice without having to serve her and being beaten by her. She'd figure it out, for now he had to grit his teeth and hold on.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Sprawling himself on the bed with the bottle that she’d given him, Angus tugged the top off and took a good mouthful, quirking an eyebrow at her. “Should hope you’re sharing, you owe me a night’s worth.” He did have many questions about what had occurred over the course of the night, but he figured those could wait and come later after they’d had their fun drinking the morning, day and night away now that they actually could.

As he’d expected, he wasn’t going to be going home for a while, but he could handle that. Taking in the orders, he just nodded quietly, grateful that at least all he had to do was go pick up his target. He’d already done all the legwork and knew where the creature was living. Touching her shoulder in silent thanks, he moved off to get some sort of rest before he had to get going again. Finding the kelpie fairly easily and capturing him just as easily, it wasn’t long before Killian deposited the cuffed creature in the small cage that was ready for it. Going in search of Jet having left the kelpie locked up and the key where it was required, he shifted his shoulders slightly to try and resettle his coat, wincing at the pain shooting through his back at the movement.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Rose scoffed “I’m aware curly, finish what you got first its potent stuff” supposing he had multitudes of questions she spoke “You get five questions right now and the rest tomorrow” she still had his file on hand in the car, hopping up she walked out and returned with it offering the file to him. Inside it had a record of everything about him, from his blood type, to blood tests from when he was sick, schooling records and a good deal of information on him about his selkie seal side too, at the back of the file were a bunch of comments written down by Ice about him. Evidently she’d had a shadow following him around for a long time Rose assumed to herself, it was the best explanation she could come up with the one that made the most sense, taking another swig and finding herself draining her bottle of whiskey she walked over to the crate she’d set down on the table and picked out another bottle. About to toss another at Angus she realized he was looking down at the file and so walked over to set the bottle down on his lap, proceeding to drain her new bottle as fast as she could seeing relief from some of the darker thoughts in the alcohol.

Jet was in one of the training rooms, her shadows billowing around her like a thick black cloud before she pulled her two guns out of their holsters, specific shadows flowed into the guns loading them with special bullets. Targets were moving around, instead of watching them, Jet closed her eyes and pointed, focusing on where she knew where the targets were and fired, destroying each one, opening her eyes when she sensed Killian there she slipped her two weapons back into their holsters. “You’re back. Your next assignment file is in your room on the table, eat and try to get some rest.” Watching him leave, Jet sighed to herself frustrated, but still there was nothing she could do about it and so she had little choice but to do what she could, she spent the next few days working on her own projects until she was sent down by her mother into the cells to interrogate one of those trapped down there. Stalking down the steps she passed cell after cell, not paying much attention to who she was going past until a brief flash of colour caught her eye, stopping and backing up a couple of steps Jet stared rather intently at the man sat huddled in a corner. His hair wasn’t black, white or grey it was brown, the same browns that she saw in colour around her whenever she went outside. It was achingly familiar as were the curls, the name of the owner of those curls took a few moments to return to her memory before she spoke quietly “Keenan?” could it truly be him? She’d been so cold for so long she’d nearly forgotten and she wondered if he would remember her. Quickly she closed up, it didn’t matter if he did, and it didn’t matter if he had colours, such things would only end up with her getting hurt, her hands around the bars of the cell tightened.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Sipping at the drink, Angus took the file curiously and opened it to go through it, unsure if he should be worried about the amount of information that he found was inside there. Finding another photo of him and his brother he went silent and just studied it, trying to reconcile that image with the fuzzy one that he could remember. “What is he?” he finally said softly, not really sure what he wanted to ask for once. he didn’t know what he remembered any more, and he dind’t know if he wanted to pry into this can of worms now. The long night had opened up so many potential questions that he didn’t really know where to start.

He hadn’t really tried to get free, it wasn’t like he’d know the way out anyway, and there were still the brass cuffs that he’d have to work out how to get rid of too. Resigned for now to just being stuck wherever he was, Keenan had made himself as comfortable as he could in the cell curled up in the corner. Mulling over everything and wondering what Eri would think about the situation absently, he didn’t move at the footsteps that went past. There had been some going back and forth periodically ever since he’d been locked up here, so he took no notice until a quiet voice said his name and he glanced up at whoever it was. Blinking at the bright colour that had become a favourite to use in his pottery since she’d left, he wasn’t quite sure what to say – Eri had said she wasn’t going to be coming back so he’d given up on maybe seeing her again.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 pm

He murmured a question staring at a photograph “He is the shadow killer you’ve been hunting. According to the file, you’re his brother by blood, half brother that is and he is a shadow master.” Rose provided calmly halfway through her bottle, setting it down and belching impressively she folded her arms and sighed “The Theory is that Shadow masters and Vampires were once the same thing and they split off into their own separate trees a long time ago, the earliest recording of a Shadow master is before the pyramids were built. Their shadows are alive and have personality, they do as their master bids, take Bran the Raven. He’s a shadow of Killians that bonded with me and that’s why he follows me around.” The intoxicating booze loosened her tongue, usually quite reserved on telling others about shadow masters her somewhat tipsy mind was of the opinion that he’d already seen Killian and Renee being shadow masters so knowledge on what his brother was might help the man come to grips with it all. Picking up her bottle she wandered over to sit down next to him, every now and then taking a gulp of booze, in so many ways Angus was just a kid when it came to hunting. He at least showed a willingness to learn and a quick mind which would make it all the easier for him to learn off of her, the fact that she finally had a drinking buddy was a definite plus as well.

He was older than when she’d seen him last, but he still had a look of naivety to his features, so different to her who’d learned that naivety was something that got in the way. She’d gotten older, jaded, distant and cold, to the point where most of the time she didn’t feel any emotion, she’d been beaten by her mother for failing missions and had gone through a grueling training process that had lead her to become a honed hard killer and she’d taught those lessons to Killian until he was just as good as she was. The man in front of her represented a time when she’d been not what she was now, ice had had a falling out with the dragon that owned him and wasn’t allowed to go to the crater again, leaning her face against the cool bars she didn’t say anything for a few moments, just thinking. Was this worth it? Was getting involved really going to be worth it? She wasn’t entirely sure, and that sense of unsureness made her uneasy, taking a deep breath she opted to talk to him to see if she could make up her mind on whether to get involved or not. About to ask how he’d ended up here she scolded herself internally for being about to ask such a stupid question, Ice had found him, gotten Killian to bring him here and dumped him in a cell until she decided what tests she’d like to do to him. “Didn’t expect to find you here, you know” finally she was able to come up with something useful to say.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Listening, Angus kept his gaze on the file, flicking through it all to try and wrap his head around it all. “Well that explains why the murders were very human,” he murmured, draining the bottle and setting it down somewhere to pick up the other one she’d given him. He wasn’t entirely sure what to think about it all, he’d never really given much thought to what he’d do when or if he found his brother, and it seemed as though Killian didn’t recognise him in the slightest, though it had been many many years since they’d last been together. “He didn’t seem like he connected the dots together when he saw me.” It was the most tactful way he could think of saying what he thought, he truly had little idea of what his brother was currently going through and was only basing his impressions on what he’d seen that night.

He was sore and cold, but he said nothing about that, he remembered that she’d had to do what her mother said and he just assumed that it was the same now. She wasn’t giving him any indication that she was here to do or give anything to him, and Eri had taught him that the quieter he stayed, the quicker it would be over, so he was just automatically doing what he usually did. “I wasn’t expecting to find myself here either.” He took a breath and let it out in a soft sigh, continuing to watch her quietly. He didn’t know what he was going to go through, or what he was here for, but part of him was scared, and part of him was already resigned to whatever it was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Snorting at the comment about Killian, Rose elbowed him “So would you if your back had been beaten with an ore you’re weak too” she’d been able to smell the blood when he’d been with her and from the way he’d walked had suggested to her that it was his back he was having problems with. Still it would be unfair to expect the selkie to magically know what she’d figured out “Silver burns” leaning back to take a hearty swig of her drink she sighed “Give him a few months, maybe a few years” he needed time to heal and get his shit straight before he was bothered again with familial drama. She threw herself into getting as drunk as possible after that, it wasn’t until sunlight peeped through a crack in the curtains that hit her face that the dragon came around. Yawning and scowling to herself at the brightness of the light, she heaved the covers up over her head and resumed snuggling into the warm body she attempted to go back to sleep, quite comfortable where she was and without any pressing matters she was content. An arm was slung around him and her head quite comfortably resting on him, she wasn’t usually one to sleep with the same person twice as she wasn’t that keen on winding up accidentally attached to someone. She’d been burned enough times, but if she was stuck with him learning off her for a while some sort of attachment would happen so she’d angle for friends with benefits if this kept happening, not interested in puzzling it all out she pushed the thoughts away and managed to enter a light doze.

The comment caused her to smile subtly “A wonderous surprise for us both then” he looked relatively unharmed so evidently her mother had not done anything to him just yet, tapping a finger against one of the bars the only outward sign that she wasn’t her usual calm controlled self she was intently battling conflict over what to do. Yes she saw colour on him and she was being a complete hypocrite by not going for it like she’d told Killian to do, she couldn’t let her mother know she knew him or the sadistic bitch would make her do everything with him. It’d have to be kept a secret, and secrets with ice were always a little risky “How’d you end up caught? Ice can’t get into the crater” keeping her voice quiet she wrestled with herself unsuccessfully and so the finger kept tapping betraying her. She didn’t even know if he saw colour with her, from what she knew that could happen and she didn’t have the best luck in the world, as demonstrated by her current predicament, and yet there was no real subtle or proper way to announce or ask when it came to colours. Internally kicking herself for what she was about to say she added: “It’s been a while” the comment was almost awkward for her although she went with her usual skill of making out like it wasn’t a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 pm

The selkie absorbed what he could before ending up pushing it away and diving into his drinking with Rose. It was a lot to take in, and it would be better to let it all sink in and try to understand it slowly. Grumbling softly the next morning as her movements woke him somewhat, he burrowed under the covers as much as he could and attempted to go back to sleep, already feeling some of a hangover and intending on finding something else to drink to deal with it. Stirring enough just to get more comfortable, he ended up nuzzling his nose into her short hair and was soon enough back fast asleep, ignoring everything else that was going on as best that he could.

He watched her closely, picking up on the small movement of her finger and deducing that she wasn’t in her favourite calm mood. He’d become very good at reading body language while living in the crater, Eri after all was notorious as not telling him things, and it’d been better to keep his questions to when the dragon was in better moods than normal. He gave a slight shrug at the question, he shifted slightly to lean more against the wall trying to be more comfortable as best he could. “I haven’t lived at the crater for a couple of years now.” He didn’t see the need for saying anything else, a habit he’d unconsciously picked up from his father figure and just kept watching her, waiting for her response.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 8:33 pm

She refused to move for most of the day, finally needing the bathroom had her wriggling free, coming back from the bathroom she wandered over and found a single bottle of whiskey left, unscrewing the top she took a large gulp and lowered it wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Hair messy and all over the place and feeling very in need of a shower she glanced over at Angus not entirely trusting him to not guzzle the final bottle that’d be instrumental in helping to get over the pounding in her head. Unable to decide she went  ‘fuck it’ and after collecting clean clothes brought the bottle into the bathroom with her. Turning on the shower she reached out with her hand after turning on the shower to measure how cool the water was, stepping in she closed her eyes and felt the cold water wash over her face sighing softly, in a decent mood for her with a hangover she remained in the shower for a long time. Finally turning it off and stepping out she dried off and pulled on the clean clothed neatly folded on the floor, reclaiming her bottle she poured half into a large glass for Angus when he finally pulled himself out of bed and pulled open the curtains before flopping into a chair and working on emptying the half of whiskey that was left in the bottle.

“The dragon kicked you out then, I see” Lucky sod. If only she could be half so lucky and have Ice dump her and want nothing more from her, how dare he turn up here and make her feel conflicted just by his presence. Inhaling deeply and slowly letting it out she managed to collect herself together still she felt paralyzed like there was nothing she could do, leaning into the cold metal bars some more her eyes closed. There was no point asking about colours, things were the way they were, and she wasn’t going to get him out, she couldn’t she had Killian to look after and someone had to keep an eye on Oliver. “Where about did you get taken from then” making out like it was mere idle curiosity and nothing else she decided that going there was something she could do to think things over and truly decide what she was going to do. Not having a clear cut plan made her uneasy and an uneasy person made mistakes, she couldn’t just go with it and see what happened, blue eye snapped back open seeming to burn with intent before her usual calm composure settled over her, now she had a plan it was easier, she had a way forward, it’d be alright.

Last edited by Raven on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Angus grumbled softly when she moved again, not enjoying the disruption to his sleep. As she left, he buried himself further under the blankets, not emerging until he heard the noise of a bottle being opened and a glass poured. Poking his head out from under the covers, he yawned and looked around the room for her, blinking when it seemed that her hair was on fire. Unsure what to do, he watched her for a while, noticing that yes her eyes were coloured too now when she looked at him. Deciding that a shower and more drinking was definitely in order he scrubbed a hand over his face and made his way into the shower now that she was done. “Did you leave any water left scaley?” He felt like drowning himself if he was being honest, this hangover was one of the worse ones he’d had in a while without having the moon to deal with as well. Very finally emerging he stole what was left of the bottle and sprawled on the ground with his notebook and the file on himself, sipping at the glass as he tried to piece things together all over again.

He shook his head slightly, looking down at the annoying itchy cuffs around his wrists that were keeping him human shaped. Not that his kelpie shape would be helpful, there wasn’t any water around that he could swim in, let alone swim away in. “Not really, I chose to leave since he was done with his tests.” It wasn’t being kicked out in his opinion, he still went back to the crater to search Eri’s library and have visits, though he knew th dragon wasn’t overly caring about being visited or not. “Made home on a green island, it feels like me.” He’d always gone by feel, and the rainy dreary island was something that had called to him, so he’d stayed. Unable to resist, he looked back at her again, watching the vivid shade of her eyes that he’d missed after she’d not come back.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Grinning at the look on his face she retorted “Aye, I only used cold” while he was in the shower, something caught her attention, drawing her eyes away from her glass a familiar colour caught her attention making her stiffen. The cover of his book he’d been scribbling, it was a blue-green one she recognized as being found in the sea, “oh no. no. no this is not happening” about to jump out of her chair and bolt then and there, Angus reappeared wet hair extra curly after collecting the glass with his whiskey in it he sat down with the notebook that had put dread in her. Not again, whatever god there was had to be taking the piss, looking away and resisting the urge to curl up into a ball she drained the bottle and stood “Going to get more booze” muttering loud enough for the man to hear she walked out the door slamming it behind her. “Bran!” She couldn’t cope with this again, not now, all she wanted to do was run, run far away and stay away, it was supposed to be rare that only one person saw colour and now it’d happened a third fucking time. Clenching her fists and ignoring the fact that they were shaking she stomped down to the local liquor store gritting her teeth so hard her jaw muscles ached along with the pounding behind her eyes, taking a deep breath she entered the refreshingly cool room and made her way over to the Baileys. She disliked vodka and sweet alcoholic drinks, and the smooth taste of her second favourite drink sounded quite good, buying the entire shelf she carried them back in bags, stopping at her car and sitting on the ground, drawing her knees up to her face and hugging them. She hadn’t expected to hurt like this again, she hadn’t expected to see colour again and going by her past record, it’d be onesided once again and she’d watch the colours appear and then fade, just wanting it all to stop the easiest thing to do was to just shut down for a bit in order to try and wrestle with her conflicting desires, her survival hunters instinct telling her to run. The only reason she hadn’t was because she’d told him she’d teach him about creatures, and she disliked going back on her word to anyone, and that he was Killians brother he needed someone to keep an eye on him so Ice didn’t get grabby.

Snorting to herself Jet ignored the urge to shake his head, however when he told her where he was taken from, she rolled her eyes heavenward “really? You’re such an air head. No wonder you didn’t last long, you’re lucky it wasn’t a hunter” ‘feels like me’ how could anyone make decisions based on something untrustworthy as feelings. “Still making things out of Clay?” That’d been the one thing he could do that had always surprised her, how he’d made many things out of squishy clay, she’d never been creative like that and had never given it a go, far too afraid of failure or not doing well enough and the consequences of that. It’d been so calming to watch him work with the slimy substance, how many hours had she wasted watching him work instead of going straight home and had to lie to her mothers face repeatedly that Erisidr had taken his time responding. Tearing her gaze away from his coloured gaze to check carefully that nobody else was coming, satisfied that it was alright she was safe, the ever-vigilant woman returned his gaze to the kelpies face, wondering at the plain colour that had become the definition of beauty, because of how much his eye colour changed in the light she’d been blessed with a subtle range of colours. Part of her, the smart part insisted this was a dangerous habit to indulge in, she couldn’t shouldn’t risk this and for once she was ignoring the smart part, since he was useless with telling her where he was taken from she suppose she’d have to bother Killian to find out under the guise of obeying Ice’s commands.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Glancing up as she left suddenly, he frowned, not quite understanding the sudden change in her mood. Shrugging it off and intending on asking her when she got back, he barely noticed the raven flying after her, getting stuck into re-reading the file again to try and understand it. The raven in question landed on Rose’s shoulder with a soft caw, ignoring the looks they got as he came with her into the store. Moving to one of her knees when she sat down, the bird touched her arm with his beak gently. Rant at me, grumbleguts. It was a brisk order from the bird in his usual fashion, he was just like the dragon and saw very little point in sugarcoating his words, even with her. Bottling things up for ages only works with booze.

A very quick fleeting grin crossed his face at her response. “I’m a kelpie first and human second,” he said quietly. “Creatures follow instincts.” And he’d followed his to make his home where he had. Eri had never told him where he’d come from exactly, but he’d always been given the indication that his instincts were good to follow, and they’d rarely point him the wrong way. Hearing her second question, Keenan nodded. “I sell them now.” He did his best with decorating them, he didn’t have the widest range of colour to work with at the moment, but one girl in the village had found her soulmate, so she often helped him with colour choices in return for lessons, and it seemed to be working out for them alright for now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Glancing up at him Rose spoke softly “I Saw it again. Colour. I can’t do it again, I really can’t Bran” moving a hand to gently brush it over him “I just want to leave and get far away” the raven was always good to talk to which was why she’d called for him. He never sugar-coated things which she valued it meant she could always trust him to tell her the truth. “Scared Bran” she didn’t even want to drink the alcohol she’d bought now and felt a little sick to be honest. A part of her wondered if she was blowing it out of proportion before it was quickly told to shut up, she’d been through more than most and had every right to be apprehensive, starting to fidget she ended up pacing around the car with her arms around her trying not to end up feeling any more sicker than she already did. Her bird knew that she’d seen colour twice before and knew very well how it all ended “I don’t know what to do. I promised I’d teach him and I don’t go back on promises lightly” still far too proud to let herself whimper she pursed her lips and tried to get angry which didn’t happen, the scared feeling remained.

Narrowing her gaze at the fleeting grin she rolled her eyes again at the comment “And that’s how creatures wind up on the black market, dead or in places like this. The only good instincts are honed ones along with good training” supposing that she should get going she postponed bringing up the fact that she saw colour because of him, instead she released the bar and took a step backwards “I should be going” it wouldn’t do to be caught here talking to him but she’d make sure he was fed properly at least. Not wanting to drag her eyes from his she sniffed turned and left without a goodbye, finishing her errand she headed back up to Killians quarters avoiding the route that went past Keenans cell, knocking on the door twice with a specific pause so he knew who it was before entering she closed the door behind her studying him. “Ice wants something of the kelpies, whereabouts did you take him from? She doesn’t want to waste you on such a Trivial task apparently” managing a slight sneer directed at her mother, Jet folded her arms and leaned back against the wall waiting.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Fluffing out his feathers, the bird calmly began preening himself, musing over her words and deciding what best to say. Third time’s the charm some say, he finally said, tilting his head to the side and watching her out of one beady black eye. He jumped onto her shoulder as she began to pace, ending up running his beak through her hair to preen her gently. The kid might see colour on you. He was staring at you for a long time before he had a shower just now. Although he didn’t want to raise her hopes up after everything she’d been through already, perhaps it was going to be third time lucky and this irish kid might be the one who actually saw colour on her. He asks too many questions for this to be kept back if he does see colour. Chances are he’ll blurt it out and then you’ll know if you’re gonna need to run or not.

He just shrugged at her comment and watched her go, ending up curled back in the corner trying futilely to tug the cuffs off his wrists. Killian was studying the file that had been left on his desk, having finally been able to get a few hours of sleep between jobs. He didn’t move at the knock, knowing who it was, and only glanced up from the desk when she closed the door behind her. It wasn’t often that they had a private talk in his room, and he was curious. It however was only the kelpie he’d had to catch and he shrugged slightly, wincing as the movement broke open the fresh scabs on his back yet again. “Eastern Ireland, near a town’s main river. He ran a bed and breakfast place on the outskirts of town.” Pulling out the map he’d used, he indicated where the town in question was. “Do you know how long she’ll be keeping me confined yet?” He hated being cooped up, and so far he was still being locked in his quarters when he wasn’t training with Jet or having to leave to complete a hunt for Ice.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:05 pm

Snorting to himself at his first comment, the familiar preening of his beak through her short hair was enough to settle her a little enough to actually listen to him. Wrinkling her nose at the idea of the kid seeing colour on her she was rather disbelieving, however, what he mentioned about Angus being unable to keep his trap shut made some sense “Alright. He gets a month, still nothing I’m gone” moving back to the bags she picked them up and walked back to their room, opening the door and striding in she set the bags down on the table “Consider the bet debt paid curly” wandering over she studied his notebook “Best be careful Angus. Creatures don’t like lore about themselves written down.” She spoke calmly but there was a definite word of warning in her tone, she’d seen some creatures kill a hunter or a lore writer it was why she used her memory to her advantage and kept most of her information there apart from her simple leather-bound notebook that was filled to bursting with photos and hastily scrawled notes. Depending on what he said she’d get her notebook and let him flick through it, if he could read her scrawl and shorthand, sitting down on the unmade bed and rubbing her head idly she read over his shoulder.

Listening Jet didn’t show any of her reactions to the younger shadow master "She’s rather angry with you, Likely six months to a year. Behave and work hard and it may be less, you’re aware of how fickle she can be” the bonus meant that he’d have plenty of time to do nothing and that’d help his back heal. Not asking about the girl as it was no longer her business, he knew her opinion and wouldn’t want to hear it repeated. Leaving him there and concentrating she appeared on the outskirts of the town mentioned and frowned slightly at the heavy rain, who on earth would want to live in such a dismal place? Walking along until she found the little quaint sign notifying her of the b&b, walking up to the house she stopped studying it, it some how suited Keenan and she could understand why he had picked this place for himself. Exploring she came across the hut out back behind the house and pushed open the door, looking over the various creations she reached up and brushed her fingers over some of the baked finished ones, none of it helped her decide what she wanted to do with him, at the noise of hurrying footsteps or perhaps paw steps Jet stepped out of the hut and closed the door behind her a hand going to her hidden weapon under her coat.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Not saying anything else, the raven perched back on her shoulder again in his favoured spot, going back to the motel room with her and eyeing off the grey-eyed black haired boy. The old shadow could certainly see why Rose hadn’t been able to tell she could see colour until the notebook had shown up, the boy was an unfortunate mix of colours that wouldn’t change from their black and white world. Angus was still quite happily sprawled on the bed noting down things, and flicked a glance up at her with a movement that made his curls fall into his face. Huffing, he pushed them out of his way and just shrugged. “I’m a creature myself.” It wasn’t like he was going to be showing his notes to everyone, his bookstore had a very well secured and hidden place that he kept all his lore just in case. “It all stays at home anyway under lock and key.”

Perching on his desk and swinging his feet slightly, Killian nodded with a sigh, wanting only to be able to go back to his home and rest and heal there. When she was gone he studied the papers strewn across his desk and ignored them in favour for reaching out to his serval to let her know he’d not be back for a few months yet. She’d be able to tell Renee and that would probably help settle the young woman knowing what was going to be happening.
Having been left to his own devices while his master was gone, the oversized pup had taken it upon himself to keep patrolling the land and it wasn’t long before he came upon the new scent. Following it closely, the irish wolfhound uttered a soft bark as he came closer, his tail wagging slowly out of uncertainty. He wasn’t sure what to do now that he’d found the intruder.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Rose snorted “You bring up a valid point” the fact that it was under lock and key was a good idea, getting up she walked out and returned with her notebook very unhelpfully dropping it down onto the page of his and sitting back down on the bed with a wide yawn. The leather-bound book was full to bursting, and the home-made latch of an elastic band and a pair of buttons that had been sewn on were almost groaning from the stress of keeping it closed. There was a bit of everything in there and most of it rarer information she didn’t particularly trust to keep just in her mind, she’d have to find a new job now which sometimes meant skimming papers for jobs. For now however her head hurt too much, so she lay back on the bed and curled up a bit deciding that sleep might help, she was still scared, of getting hurt, of getting attached, of caring about yet another person who could be used to hurt her. Pulling the blankets over herself until only her hair was poking out and a small hole for air, Rose tried with all her might to just go back to sleep and escape having to think for a while.

Renee currently was in the middle of baking with some help from the youngest shadows, giggling away at having been covered in flour when one baby had gotten some up its nose (Wherever that was she had no idea) and sneezed it everywhere. Reassured that she was allowed to stay and quite enjoying her time with Cricket and had taken to spoiling the serval where possible, her own baby shadows were learning from his baby shadows and were doing their best to copy and do what they did.

Seeing the dog, Jets face lit up with joy, not afraid in the slightest at the soft unsure bark, Jet lowered herself down so she was more on his level and less of a threat “Hello Beautiful” offering an open hand for the dog to sniff she eagerly awaited his response. Having adored dogs from a young age due to their loyalty, soft fur and the love that they had to share, seeing the dog reminded her of the small pottery dog that Keenan had made her which she still had, a little chipped and hidden away in her room. Remembering some of the conversations she’d had about dogs with Keenan as kids as that had been one of the few things to break the training, she had which demanded she remained cool and collected. ‘When I was little all I wanted was to be free of ice and to have many dogs, then I’ll never be cold or lonely ever again’ she’d eagerly proclaimed that once, oh how simple-minded she’d been then, now she knew it wasn’t possible, she’d never be free of ice, she had to do what she could to look after Killian and keep him on the right path. Out in the real world, her long coat had become a fashionable normal length leather jacket with dark blue stretchy skinny jeans with a pair of boots and her long hair was tied back in a plait to keep it out of the way. The dog was an Irish Wolfhound from the look of him, due to her love of dogs as a child she’d gone out of her way to memorize every breed, and he was just wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next