The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 8 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm

Angus perked up at the new book and carefully opened it to start going through it. Ending up very deep into the information and trying to decode the shorthand and scrawls, he barely noticed Rose returning to bed, though he surfaced eventually when she roused herself again, having been thinking over some things. “If you’ve got no other hunts going on, do you want to come crash at mine? It’ll be a sight more comfortable than a motel bed, and cheaper too.”

Relieved that she’d had some news from their shadow master, Cricket wandered into the kitchen, watching Killian’s babies scatter in front of her as they scrambled to get out of her way. It was somewhat amusing but her focus was on Renee this time, and the shadow leapt neatly up onto the counter inspecting what was going on. I’m afraid Killian won’t be able to return for some months. He says you are welcome to stay as long as you wish however. Eyeing Renee’s baby shadows, the spotted cat’s short tail waved slightly as she thought. I can begin teaching you some basics if you wish as well.

The pup very obviously wasn’t sure what to do, but as soon as the stranger crouched down his whole stance changed and he bounded forward, his tail wagging madly as he jumped up to lick at her face and gambol all around her. He’d been lonely with his master gone, and though the young woman had been coming to check on him, he still wanted his master back. Hearing more footsteps up the path the dog turned and barked softly before waggling his tail again and bouncing forward as he recognised the newcomer. The girl in question greeted the dog then paused looking at Jet. “Hello, can I help you with anything?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Managing to doze she eventually gave up and appeared again, at the comment she nodded without even needing to think about it “yeah alright. We might as well get going now then.” Getting up she stretched and picked up her notebook to tuck it away having decided that she was probably sober enough to drive. Collecting the booze left in the bags she set them in the back of the car to be drunk at a later date. “you’re in charge of navigating Curly” while driving she listened to the directions and altered her driving accordingly. Finally, they ended up in the little village that Angus called home, parking outside the small shop. Getting out and wandering over to stare out at the sea, Rose inhaled the salty air, it’d been a long time since she’d stayed close to the ocean like this. It reminded her of home, missing her island home as she always did when she was away the redhead turned to look over at Angus waiting to see what he would do, it was his home and so she’d follow his lead and behave herself…. Mostly.

Looking up from what she was doing Renee nodded not bothering to hide her concern and disappointment at the news that the man wouldn’t be able to come back for a while, - “I’d really like to stay” she felt safe here and the company of the shadow was lovely - “Yes please, I want to learn as much as I can so I can do what I can to help. I want to heal” she could feel the power over the shadows flowing through her, making her itch to help and heal adding to her own natural desire to look after others. Adding some baking powder and chocolate chips she resumed mixing the mixture in the bowl with a wooden spoon, her little bird was neatly perched on her shoulder, occasionally chirping at the baby shadows that attempted to muscle in on its perching space. He’d named himself Tawera and had quite the personality, his wings were neatly stowed and his dark beady eyes were watching the baby shadows not afraid to keep them in line.

Letting him lick her face and bounce around her, Jet practically fawned over the dog speaking to him quietly, informing him what a good dog he was, at the footsteps however she let her face return to its usual cold mask. Straightening up she studied her “I’m just looking around” unsure if this girl was with Keenan or not she quirked a brow doing her best to squash the feeling of jealousy that panged in her gut. That was not acceptable she didn’t feel such irresponsible feelings, even if he was dating the girl it was none of her business because she didn’t care about that, she didn’t give a shit about his personal life or him. He was just someone that she’d known as a child, slightly frostier due to trying to ignore the feelings.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Happy that they were going home again, he directed her easily towards Ireland, parking them around the back of his shop as the sun was setting. For once it wasn’t raining and so the sunset was rather spectacular over the sea. Eventually wandering inside, the selkie made sure that nothing had been disturbed while he’d been gone then beckoned Rose in. “Come on, flat is upstairs. Just don’t burn my books please.” He headed up the outside stairs for once, jiggling the door that apparently had swollen with the wet air yet again and finally managing to get it open. As usual, there were books piled everywhere on every flat surface that there was, but at least the couch was clear and the fireplace had been left set and ready to go. “Come in.”

Picking up on the girl’s concern, the serval brushed against Renee gently. He must obey his mistress. He’ll be home when he’s allowed, she murmured, flicking her whiskers in a gentle greeting at the fantail. Would you like to head to the bookstore later then? We can see if there are any anatomy books for you to start reading. It would be good for her to start learning, and the serval would be happy to help find injured wildlife as well for her to start practicing on.

Coming across as friendly like the rest of the locals in the town, Sally just nodded with a friendly smile, telling the dog to sit and patted him when he did. “Okay. Keenan’s not here at the moment I’m afraid, but there’s another place on the other side of town to stay in if you need a bed.” It was curious watching the woman, she had the same colour eyes that the potter enjoyed using the most in his pots. “Were you looking for him?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Following him up the stairs she stopped at the entrance to his flat and didn’t move any further taking in the stacks of books that filled the rooms to the point where it was difficult to discern where furniture was, backing up a step she shrugged nonchalantly and sniffed “It’s a bit nerdy in your den, I’ll rough it outside” speaking as scornfully as possible as it wasn’t like she got cold, turning she walked down the steps and reached into her car to pull out the notebook that had been spelled to be flameproof. A useful addition she’d paid a witch to do for her, wandering over to the cliff she sat down and watched the sunset with her legs hanging over the lip of the cliff not exactly that bothered by the height. She doubted that the fall would do more than break some bones, the bonus of being a dragon was how resilient she was even in this weaker shape, flicking through the notebook she found a spare page which had become quite the rarity and began to write a few things down in her usual shorthand not that bothered about sleeping outside. It’d give her space from the selkie and time to think, finishing the notes, she fished about in her pockets for the scrap of charcoal she usually kept with her, on the small area left without words she began absently using the charcoal to etch a familiar crow onto the paper. Not one for artistry she was prone to doodling sigils and little crows, not that she often had space for them, blowing off the excess from her small artwork she admired the crow “Not bad this time Bran, I’m getting better” not that it mattered, but the annoying bird was important to her and thus was something that ended up being doodled during quieter moments.

Her worried look vanished at the mention of the bookstore “yes please!” she wanted to learn so she could help and do something more than just being a useless figurehead. She’d been one of those for an awfully long time, most of her life, her only worth being who she could marry and then to produce children for them which hadn’t happened with her husband yet. The ring that had marked her as his had ‘vanished’ very quickly once she’d discovered she was safe from him on this property, standing up she glanced around the house and for the first time picked up on small bits and pieces that suggested to her that the house was in gross need of renovating. Having watched plenty of country, garden and renovating shows her mind instantly jumped on the idea and her imagination took over allowing her to envision ideas of just how this place could be improved, the top two ideas were redoing the kitchen and changing the attic of the house into an art studio/bedroom for her with skylights and the smell of paints, she’d never been able to own or do anything with paints just what she’d managed to scrape by with pencils. However her sense of reality made the girl shake her head to herself, dreams were free but one had to remember that not every dream came true, moving into her room she reappeared with her sketchbook and settled down again unable to sleep now her mind was alive with ideas.

It was hard not to be what she’d been trained to be, cold, distant, steely, Keenan belonged to memories of what she’d been like when she was younger before Ice had done such a good job of turning her into a mini ice. Now she’d tortured, killed, hunted, done many of the dirtiest jobs for her mother and the idea that she could find a way to warm the hollow space in her chest where once a heart had been was a painful one. Yet when she’d found him again it was like a breath of fresh air and brought all sorts of memories she’d thought she’d forgotten back to the surface, pursing her lips slightly at the question the woman shook her head “I’m not here looking for a place to sleep. I suppose you could say I am seeking information on him” she was here now so she might as well find out what was going on and if this stranger was his partner or not, steadfastly ignoring the part of her that replaced partner with potential competition she knew better than to feed such thoughts. It didn’t matter whether they were or not, nothing would happen between them because it could not, her mother would use him against her like how she used Melissa against Killian, knowing her she’d make her torture Keenan and Jet knew she’d do it, she had to or Killian would be forced to. Feeling the almost storm of feelings start to cloud her judgment, training kicked in, clearing her mind and packing the emotions and thoughts into their allocated boxes and draws within her head she brought her focus back to the here and now instead of musing over what could not be and why. Mulling was a waste of time, this whole thing was a waste of time another part argued but here she was nonetheless, a question that popped up was, would she even be here if she didn’t see colour on Keenan, the fact that she didn’t know the answer was troubling, she shouldn’t be entertaining this but here she was. Rather than go around in circles which was useless and a waste of her time, cold eyes dropped down to the dog and some of the cold weight lifted off of her shoulders and her heart, wanting nothing more than to just nestle her face into the animals shaggy fur for a while, training prevented herself from giving in to such a desire.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 10:47 pm

Having checked that everything was still as it should be, the selkie eventually reappeared outside, coming to join her on the cliff and swung his legs over the ledge as well. “If it’s setting things on fire you’re bothered about, everything’s flameproof.” He said it absently, leaning back on his hands to watch the stars. “I figured better be safe than sorry with three fireplaces in the place. Unless you wanna sleep outside, I don’t care.” He eyed the raven somewhat warily, still unsure what he thought about it, and Bran stared right back at him, clacking his beak suddenly to make the selkie jump. Cackling to himself, Bran settled down on Rose’s shoulder and closed his eyes, musing over what was happening in their lives now. Are you gonna tell Killian about the kid being his kid brother?

That was interesting, but Sally was friendly, as were all the locals that lived in the small town. “Sure. Come in and sit down. I’ll answer what I can, but he’s still only new to town so there might be stuff I don’t know the answer to.” Heading inside after unlocking the door, she let the dog bounce inside and over to his water bowl then waved Jet into the kitchen, inviting her to sit there. “Tea or coffee or anything?” She was admittedly curious about the woman, but kept those questions to herself, it wasn’t polite to intrude on other people’s privacy, and for all she knew, the woman was Keenan’s partner that he kept talking about when she helped him.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 11:23 pm

Considering shoving him off the cliff and dealing with her problems that way, Rose briefly toyed with the idea before tossing it, listening to what he had to say the dragon sniffed “I’m allergic to nerd bullshit I don’t care if I set some stupid books on fire” grinning when the selkie jumped one of her hands lifted to stroke Bran gently. “Still a bed is comfier than the grass I suppose” the familiar voice sounded in her head making her shrug slightly “Don’t know bird brain, probably not for a while, He needs to survive her and then heal and settle back into his routine. So it seems we’ll be stuck with the kid brother for a while” moving to elbow the selkie sharply the dragon tipped her head back to look up at the stars finding the constellations taught to her by her parents when she and her brother had been hatchlings mostly different dragons that had lived and their stories. Who knew where her brother had ended up, after the death of their parents they’d grown distant from one another, loosing her easy smile at the thought of Lachlan she frowned a little to herself well aware that he’d always been a little darker than she had. Perhaps it was a good thing that they were no longer in contact, scratching her shoulder more out of habit by now than anything else the dragon shifted slightly, feeling weary.

Following her quietly Jet stayed silent until they were inside, choosing to lean back against the bench instead of sitting down tapping her fingers against the bench for a few moments whilst deciding what to say “No matter, just tell me what you know then” although she did drink tea sometimes, lemonade was her preferred drink so she just shook her head at the offer. She wasn’t here to break bread and get all cosy with some overly friendly woman she didn’t know, information was why she was here, and once she had that she’d be leaving with no intention of coming back. Settled into what she knew, for now it froze all of the other emotions enough that she could deal with everything and stay safe, distracted by the dog she shifted her hands to reach out and lower her hand to petting level a slight smile breaking through the cold mask she usually wore as Birn trotted over. Stroking him and ending up finding an itchy spot Jet was very aware that if the woman hadn’t been there she would have devoted herself to snuggling with the large hairy beast.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 pm

He just shrugged, then grumbled as she elbowed him. “Elbow sharp,” he muttered, scooting sideways just enough to get out of her rather short range. Amusing himself with that thought, he listened to her as she apparently had a conversation with herself. “Talking to yourself?” He still really wasn’t quite sure whether to believe that the bird could talk. He’d never heard him after all, but in retrospect, that didn’t mean much. He had plenty of books that detailed other things most people wouldn’t believe in that he knew were real after all. Ending up lying back on the grass, he began humming a quite selkie song to himself, not minding the peace and quiet for now. he was still steadfastly not thinking about his brother – Angus really didn’t know what to think about the revelations that had been revealed to him, and he didn’t know what he was going to do about it either.

Following the girl to the couch, Cricket perched on the back of the lounge to watch her draw. After a while of that, the long legged cat finally spoke, somewhat amused at what she’d been seeing and guessing at what was going on in Renee’s head. I can hear you thinking little one. What’s got you so excited? It was going to be interesting taking care of the woman while Killian was gone, but hopefully Ice or Ollie wouldn’t be coming around any time soon. The bookstore would be open the next day, and Cricket would make sure to take Renee there since she’d shown such interest in it. Plus it wasn’t fair to keep her cooped up in the house however safe it was.

Shrugging at the shaken head at the offer of a drink, Sally made herself a tea, quite comfortable in the kitchen now after all her time helping Keenan with his work and the B&B. “Wat sort of stuff were you wanting to know?” She glanced at the other woman again, taking in everything, but mostly once again noting the sharp bright colour of her eyes. It definitely was what Keenan liked to use the most, so this had to be the woman he’d mentioned as his colour. She just wasn’t sure whether it was reciprocated – that would be most unfortunate. However if she’d shown up wanting to know more, then maybe she also saw colour on Keenan, in which case Sally was going to be quite happy in divulging information about the young potter.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 12:14 am

Snorting at the muttered complaint, the next words out of his mouth made her grin “Nah, the bird talks. Named Bran, he’s a shadow” it didn’t particularly bother her if he believed her or not. It was peaceful out here, the wind brought all sorts of scents on it “So. Do Selkies have their own constellations like us dragons do or no?” From what she knew, plenty of species of creatures had their own lore and so surely there would be a various range of different constellations, “Your brother quite likes the stars” now that It’d been confirmed that yes they were siblings she was content to occasionally drop some information about Killian. Leaning back on her hands studying the skies that she so enjoyed soaring in, the red head was quiet for a bit, not entirely sure where abouts in Ireland they were, Rose wondered just how far it was to her home from here, perhaps a day trip could be arranged she could visit the faerie pools and other various places of her island that she’d grown up with.

Looking up from her sketching, Renee blushed “Oh I was just thinking about the house. I used to watch a lot of day time tv about renovations and gardens when my husband was at work and I was doing house work or having a break for lunch. So I’d draw a lot of how I’d do up the houses and gardens that they showed on tv so um well I’m in the habit of doing it a lot in my head and I guess I came up with some ideas for this place. It’s just stupid ideas, it’s a nice house as it is and everything” ending up babbling as she didn’t want to offend the serval that she liked and respected.

Dogs truly were her weakness, they had such good hearts and were loyal, not nearly as fickle as her mother could be. “Any information is still information and thus useful if not always in the ways that one might expect it to be” used to having to make eye contact with Ice whenever she spoke. Ice blue eyes flicked up from the dog to meet Sally’s gaze squarely whilst she spoke. Her shadows were quite happily nosing through the B&B letting her know all sorts of things, however things that she found important were often vastly different from what her shadows found important, and various colours were that as she couldn’t see all things in colour so they merely disregarded such things in their logical minds.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 4:11 pm

He really wasn’t sure what to think about the raven talking so he left it alone for now, instead watching the stars again. “Yeah,” he said softly, picking out his favourites. “My ma taught them to me, she was a selkie.” He still missed his parents, but he knew that they would want him to be happy so he did his best. Unsure what to think about regarding the information about his brother, the selkie stayed quiet, turning over what he knew and what he’d found out only recently about Killian.

A soft laugh came from the serval as Renee trailed off into babbling, and the cat just rubbed against her affectionately. It is an awful house, and needs a lot of work that Killian can’t be bothered doing. Sitting again, she curled her short tail around her feet and studied the young shadow master closely. We can help you if you wish to do anything, your shadows can also help. It will be good for them to learn the basics this way. Remembering what they’d discussed before, the cat yawned and blinked slowly. And we can go to the bookstore whenever you wish.

She was definitely an interesting woman, but Sally wasn’t all that surprised – Keenan was an interesting man. Making herself a cup of tea, she sat down with Jet happy to divulge some information about the young potter. “Well he’s only been here a couple years, there’s not really much known about him before he came here. He sells pottery in between the B&B bookings, I help him out where I can.” Rubbing Brin’s head as he wandered past, a small smile crossed the girl’s face when the puppy plonked his head in Jet’s lap, tail wagging slowly. “He wants attention.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 pm

It wasn’t right of her to feel this way about Sally, it wasn’t like she herself had been loyal to Keenan over the years, her features clouded ever so slightly as she thought of Raiden. She’d seen colour on him too and could still remember his bright green eyes, she’d been relatively young and open, he’d given her her daughter that she’d had to give away to keep her safe and after that, she’d promised herself that she wouldn’t open again. She’d become colder, darker, more ruthless, her daughter was grown and had been for a while and had nothing to do with her, Julian the man who’d raised her had done a good job and for that she was thankful and considered a debt owed to him although she’d never had words with him. Realistically she never would have been a good mother anyhow, she was too like Ice, bitter, cold and twisted up inside, lost in her thoughts the warmth of the dogs head in her lap broke through to her. Softening all most instantly she stroked the dogs head, if Jet had been on her own she’d be cuddling the dog, but there was another in the room and so she controlled herself just like she always did, she had to be the good perfect daughter lest her mother's wrath be unleashed. Part of her hated that she cared about Killian, Dani, and Claire, they just got her hurt all the more, she was so fucking foolish for caring about the two girls they had nothing to do with her and loved others, Claire loved Killian and Julian while Dani loved Killian. Nobody was left that loved her aside from Killian, it shouldn’t still hurt but it did and she loved and hated the feeling at the same time. Hating how it hurt but loving the feeling of pain as it meant she wasn’t a complete robot like she sometimes felt like. A warm tongue brushed over her hands dragging her back to the moment, swallowing all of it and once again organizing everything back into the neat compartments where they’d escaped from, icy blue eyes lifted from the dog to study Sally. Sick of dancing around questions Jet took in a deep breath and let it out quietly deciding it was time to be blunt, in order to know if it was worth pursuing or even thinking about pursuing something with Keenan “You see colour then” a hand gently rested atop the canids head not really expecting to be told anything other than the girl being partnered up with him, where once a million dreams had been at her fingertips the shadow master was now dismally aware of how limited she was, her wings were clipped, this was it, this was as good life for her would get.

Her big mouth nearly blurted ‘selkies are immortal usually aren’t they’ but she had the sense to keep it to herself, instead she lifted her hands and blew some gentle flame onto them watching the fire dance over her skin while she thought. “you sure your nerd nest is flameproof? I’m particularly gifted with pyrotechnics” which was Rose shorthand for when she got pissed off her control over her fire powers decreased quite surprisingly. Reminding herself to take a flight back home sometime soon, Rose leaned back to stare up at the stars without making her neck hurt “you didn’t exactly get a good introduction but, Killians a good man in his own way. He’s family to me. We hunted together for quite a while” he was slightly wary of overloading him with information so decided it’d be good to shut her trap now. Feeling a sea breeze rustle her hair and the grass as it came off the waves up the cliff and over her Rose closed her eyes quite enjoying how wild and yet peaceful this place was, she’d always been drawn to cliffs indeed that’d been how she’d learned how to fly, gliding off of the cliffs at home.

Shutting up when Cricket rubbed up against her, the newly turned shadow masters face lit up with excitement “really!? I have so many Ideas is it really alright?” it was hard not to get her hopes up for she truly had so many ideas for this place. Namely an art studio slash room for her in the attic of the house after some upgrades, she could draw everything out too so the serval could look it over and make sure that it’d be alright with Killian since it was his house. The mention of the bookstore added to her excitement as she could get more ideas from there as well, shifting her weight now too eager to sit still, in the end, she had to get up and stretch, reaching her arms up to the ceiling and yawning while doing so she felt a little better “Can we go now?” why wait if they could go now? A good walk would be good at getting some of the pent up excited energy out of her system so by the time they reached town she could act like a sensible grown-up and not the excited little girl that was bouncing around on the inside. Perhaps she could get some art supplies too, she wanted to do some painting, quite eager to paint the green that she’d discovered in Killian's gaze, not entirely sure into what yet but she could figure that out once she had a canvas in front of her and some paints next to her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 8:48 pm

It was obvious that the stranger was thinking over a few things, so Sally let her be, watching as the puppy who’d appeared to take a big liking to the woman snuggled into her lap when he got the attention that he wanted. Hearing the question, the girl nodded and finished off her tea to start making another while they continued to chat. “Mmhm, Blake and I live down the lane a ways. I help Keenan with his colours for his pots since he can only see a couple of colours.” She glanced over her shoulder at Jet curiously, taking in her eye colour again. “He likes the colour that matches your eyes the best, it’s his favourite.” She could only assume that they were a pair after all that Keenan had said, and had no idea of the impact her words would have on the cold visitor.

Watching the fire, he nearly missed her question, but he ended up nodding once he worked out what she’d asked. “Yeah, I’ve got three fireplaces in the house so I got it fireproofed a while ago.” The selkie moved his gaze to the sea, watching the stars being reflected off it while she spoke about his brother. Despite the time that had passed since the revelations, he still wasn’t really sure what to do now, or what to think about it all. “What’s he like?” he asked softly, trying to dredge up his own memories of his brother. There weren’t many, but he had a few that he’d been trying so hard not to forget just in case he discovered his brother actually had bene killed like he’d been mostly expecting the whole time he’d been searching.

It was almost heartbreaking how eager the girl got when she was allowed to do what she wanted, and the serval became even more determined to make sure that she blossomed while she lived with Killian. Of course it’s alright, and of course we can go whenever you are ready. The cat stood and stretched before jumping onto the ground and flicked her short tail gently. Do not worry about money, we have that sorted. Hopefully it would help the young woman relax a bit more if she didn’t have to worry about how she was going to be paying for things.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Listening to Sally as she chattered away, she glanced up at her briefly when the woman mentioned that she and some man named Blake lived down the lane and that she just helped Keenan with his pots. Hiding her surprise when it was mentioned that he could see some colours and that he liked the colour of her eyes the most, unsure of what to say Jet just looked down and stroked the dog. She’d have to take time to think about all of this. The dog was nice and she enjoyed the animal's company and honestly she was quite tempted just to take the dog and leave, sighing she leaned back into her seat and mused over things a part of her already knowing what action she’d take. She’d found out what she wanted to know and now she’d make her actions based on that information, standing after giving the shaggy beast one more stroke Jet spoke calmly “Thank you for your time, however I must be going” being as brief as she could be the shadow master excused herself and left. Vanishing as soon as she stepped outside, Jet ruminated on various things for a few hours before finally showing up outside of Keenans cell with folded arms, leaning against the cold bars she scowled slightly “I like your dog” muttering just loud enough for him to hear her.

At the question, Rose’s gaze flicked onto him, considering him a moment she finally replied “He’s tactical and serious, although he has a good sense of humour. Loyal to his family and those he cares about and is one of the few people that will take up my challenge when it comes to drinking. Reliable too, he’s in forced service to Ice, she turned him into a shadow master and if he doesn’t obey her she’ll go after his adopted sister, she tried to go after me once when he disobeyed. Once” a feral grin stretched her features revealing teeth “She hasn’t tried again” yawning widely the dragon brushed her fingers through the long wild grass “He’s rebellious when it comes to her, no matter the personal cost. Anything else you wanna know?” wondering what it must be like for Angus, she continued to watch him waiting for his reply, naturally, she had no intention of telling him or anybody about the details of several things that she knew but shouldn’t. The colour of his eyes and more, that was something painful kept locked away that she desperately wanted to forget, flicking her gaze up to the stars she sighed and sat up wanting to do something, the restlessness was nothing new, wanting to fly she poked Angus with a foot “I’m going for a flight, want to come?” she didn’t usually offer people flights but he’d already had a ride so it wasn’t too much of a big deal.

A look of pure happiness washed over Renees face when Cricket mentioned that it was alright and they could go now, reaching out to gently stroke the serval in a silent way of saying thank you she made sure the fantail on her shoulder was alright before heading out. First stop was naturally the local arts and crafts store, eyeing the various paints hopefully it took a little encouragement to reassure her she could get what she wanted with no negative repercussions, she ended up with a couple of baskets filled with supplies and once they were paid for and taken home by helpful shadows including some of hers that demanded to help, Renee and Cricket headed for some other stores to get supplies for redoing the help. Finally home by about six that night she sat down on the couch with a sigh, her feet ached from standing on them all day but it’d been worth it, deciding that they could start actual work the next day she picked up her sketch pad and started drawing out her ideas for various rooms in the house not bothering with his room or his study feeling like those places weren’t hers to redo. The first place would be her room and then the kitchen or maybe the kitchen and then her room it was difficult for her to decide which should be first, once done she offered the pages to cricket wanting the servals opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Just nodding as the woman made her excuses, Sally watched her go, very curious, but there was nothing more she could do except take care of Brín for Keenan until he returned. Back at Ice’s stronghold, Keenan had still been very much left alone and ignored, and he was dreading what was going to happen when Ice actually decided to do something with him. Hearing the footsteps, he didn’t bother to glance up until he heard her voice, studying her quietly before registering what she’d said. “I got him cos of you,” he told her, amused at her expression and how she obviously didn’t like that she liked his dog. “He’s ok?”

Listening closely to what she said, most of it meshed with what little he could remember. Unsure what to say for now, the selkie brushed his hands through the grass, letting memories of his brother float and bubble to the surface for the first time in a long while. Glancing at her when she poked him, he considered the offer then nodded. “Sure. It’ll be nice to see the island from above for once.” They weren’t all that far from Scotland either, so he could guess that she was going to head over there to visit her homeland for a while at some point, not that it bothered him.

The cat trotted along beside the young woman as they wandered through town, she knew that she was enough of a common sight that no one would be bothered by her. Plus she made sure that she was always on her very best behaviour so that there was no reason to fear her or Alkira on the rare times the jackal ventured into town. Reassuring Renee whenever Cricket felt that she needed it, it turned out to be a long day shopping, but it was a good one. Equally as tired as Renee was, she sprawled over the couch with her, her long legs spilling over the edge of the cushions and tempting some of the baby shadows to play with her fee.t thankfully it only took one glare and growl for them to scatter and she settled down comfortably again, resting her head on Renee’s lap where she could watch and still be out of the way. They look good. She studied the drawings closely, interested in the ideas that the girl had. Which will you do first?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 11:00 am

Surprised when the kelpie informed her that he’d only gotten his dog because of her there was the sharp pain of guilt like she’d just been stabbed with a razor-sharp blade. “He seems to be, very friendly”refraining from telling him that the dog was wonderful she leaned her face against the cold metal bars “Why would you get a dog just because of me? You make no sense” sure as a child she’d told him how much she’d adored dogs but to get one just because she’d liked them was very strange from her standing point. He saw colour just as she did, she should do something, however, her instincts were against it, if Ice found out she’d make both of their lives a misery, she’d have to influence someone else to get him out it’d take some time, thought and doing but potentially it was possible. Was it worth talking about colours now? There was so much indecision and that scared her, very used to being decisive and determined feeling queasy the shadow master swallowed hard and made herself meet his gaze. The fact that he saw colour changed many things, but there were many mental road blocks in her mind, Raiden, Claire, consequences, they blocked the way forward changing it into a thorny tangle that wouldn’t let her make a clear decision.

To do her room first would be selfish, but she really really wanted to do it, deciding to go with her heart Renee replied “I’d really like to turn the attic into my room and art studio” the sketch depicted skylights to let in the light of the sun as well as the moon and the stars with a wooden floor and a few artsy rugs on it. A loft bed situated under a skylight with a desk underneath while there was also a comfortable couch for sketching on, art easel’s, cupboards for storing art supplies and more, brushing her fingers over the room that was her ideal dream room she couldn’t help but smile thinking about how it was all going to look and how nice it’d be to sleep there. Just thinking about it got her excited, it’d be so wonderful, and then they could do the kitchen and the rest of the house changing it from a house that needed redoing to a warm cozy home, not to mention the ideas for a fruit orchard and veggie garden and then normal gardens filled with wonderful flowers and plants.

Stretching luxuriously before shifting it wasn’t long before her dragon form stood in front of him, leathery bat-like wings folded neatly against her sides ‘Be honoured, I never give people rides’ once he had seated himself on her back the dragon walked to the edge of the cliff and jumped off. Snapping her wings out and catching herself just before they hit the water she rode the currents of air that moved over the waves, much happier instantly. Opening her jaws to let out a happy almost playful roar the orange scaled beast blew a plume of orange fire, this was when she felt the freest, turning she started flying upwards aiming for the stars, once they were as high as they could go she hung in the air looking down at the landscape beneath them. After making a decision she turned and glided down to cruising height and rode the air currents to the island that was her home, it didn’t take too long and honestly, she’d half-forgotten the selkie on her back more focused on what she felt. Landing surprisingly neatly near where she’d grown up, the wings of the dragon folded, glaring at the abandoned home Rose turned and walked towards one of the faerie pools lowering her head to drink the clear clean water.
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:04 pm

He just shrugged, making himself as comfortable as he could in the cold uncomfortable cell. “You wanted five or six.” He wasn’t entirely sure of the reasoning behind him getting Brín, and so he wasn’t exactly sure how he could explain that to her. He’d always just done things based on his gut and his instincts, but she did things differently. Meeting her gaze, he studied her closely, noting things that were different from last time. “You would have met Sal then.” He could guess that his helper would be looking after the place, she was a lovely woman who also adored his dog and helping him with the pottery.

That sounds wonderful. The cat went silent for a few minutes, concentrating, and the shadows of Killian’s that were left gathered together and slowly built up a 3D model of what the sketch looked like so that Renee could have a better look. Something like this? If you concentrate with your shadows, they’ll be able to follow your thoughts to form it as well. Give it a try. It would be good for the girl to start learning how to use her shadows on purpose instead of just through instinct, and the cat was well versed in teaching. She’d had to teach Killian as well after all.

Angus stayed where he was as she stretched and shifted, watching the sea for a few more moment before turning to look at her and blinking. Some of her scales were so very bright he was distracted for a few seconds. Eventually he registered what she’d said and got up to climb carefully onto her back. Once again he was unable to resist brushing his fingers over her scales, touching the brightly coloured ones and scratching her shoulder where he guessed that she’d be itchy like last time. He hadn’t been expecting to see the brightness of her scales, he’d only just been starting to see her hair and eyes after all.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Musing over what to say she didn’t say anything for close to ten minutes before she finally spoke “She told me you paint the pots the same colour as my eyes” her gaze flicked away from his face when she spoke the movement subtly highlighting that she didn’t feel very comfortable nor confident speaking about this topic. Her folded arms tightened slightly and her fingers dug into her arms, she felt strangely fragile like she could just fall to pieces and she didn’t like that feeling focusing on taking long deep breaths and doing her best to fight off the guilt that was telling her she’d betrayed the person who saw her colours. It was strange that she hadn’t realized just how fractured everything was until he’d shown up again, so many things had happened, she’d done so many awful things, tortured, killed and enjoyed it. She’d enjoyed hurting others, taking out all of the frustrations she had from her mother hurting her, as each day turned to night she could feel her ties to people getting weaker and weaker leaving her out on her own. The raven on her shoulder ruffled his feathers and cawed softly to her, gently tweaking her ear with its beak allowing her to come to herself a little, turning her head away from Keenan and closing her eyes tightly. She was rooted to the spot unable to escape or go anywhere, where else was there to go? Terrified, it’d been a long time since she’d felt like this, the last time had been when she’d discovered she was pregnant with Claire, ah there was the familiar sensation of her chest being stabbed with an ice pick, it always happened when she thought about her daughter and the pain helped ground her enough to be able to breathe and continued her façade of not caring.

Starting slightly with surprise when the shadows bunched together and created a 3D model of what she’d been intending to do to her room “yes! That’s perfect” honestly surprised when Cricket mentioned that she’d be able to do it too, Renee looked down at the page where she’d drawn her room and furrowed her brows in concentration. Her shadows grouped together but it took them a while to figure out what she wanted before they started trying to form the room she’d sketched down onto the paper “Wow!” amazed when her shadows finally managed to do it, the woman praised them and let them relax again seeing they were trembling with the effort of projecting themselves as what she wanted. Flipping the page to the kitchen without needing to be prompted she asked her shadows again and praised them once more when they were able to figure out what they needed to do in order to follow her wishes. Having gone most of her life without praise she recognized just how important it was to be praised for things you did well “The kitchens going to be wonderful! A nice big window to let in lots of natural light” she was quite fond of natural light it was just so much softer than the harsh lighting she was used to.

Lifting her head from the water when she felt him scratch her shoulder, the dragon moved her head around to watch him through a single blue-green eye, a cheeky sparkle glinting in the dragons gaze before she sprayed Angus with water. Cackling with laughter she flared out her wings briefly to stretch them, they were somewhat sore after so much flying when she hadn’t done much in a long time, now that she was somewhere safe and on the land that had once been home the dragon had grown rather playful. Reaching around to snag a tooth through the scruff of his shirt she lifted him around and deposited him on the ground, if what Bran said was true then he could see colour on her and while that didn’t men she was going ot just open herself up like a fool it did mean that she was going to tolerate him a lot more than she’d planned to. Splashing into the water she shoved her muzzle under the water continuing to drink until finally she was satisfied, eyeing Angus she seemed to smirk and used her tail to flick him into the water which made her laugh again.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 2:17 pm

It didn’t surprise him what Sal had told Jet, the whole town was full of friendly folks, it was another reason why he’d liked it there. “Mmhm!” It was a cheerful noise, the kelpie not really thinking much of it, and he continued to watch her closely, reading her the way he’d learned with Eri, and deducing much from her subtle body language. She wasn’t happy, he didn’t quite get why, but there were many reasons he supposed. Shrugging it off, he went quiet again to just watch her, there wasn’t much else he could do and he didn’t know what to say now. Easier to just keep quiet, less chance of getting in trouble for something obscure maybe.

Purring as Renee got the hang of it, Cricket offered a few tips to the shadows when they started on forming the kitchen. You have clever shadows, this is good. They’ll pick up on what you want quickly. Peering at the sketch of the kitchen and then at the shadows, she flicked her tail slightly. More windows. Killian is claustrophobic, the less closed in he feels the better. One day perhaps they’d have a nice big house with lots of light and room, but for now they had the small house, and Cricket was already planning on bullying Killian into expanding his office more, it was too small for everything he had in it.

Having being soaked, the selkie shook his head to get rid of some of the water in his thick hair, curls already starting to tighten from being wet. “Really?” Still it didn’t bother him, he was a water creature after all, and he waded into the water to brush his hands through it. It felt different to the sea, of course, but it was still a friend, and he could feel a slight tug to shift and play. Ignoring it, he turned to watch the dragon again, still not used to just how bright her scales her. Without thinking, the words came from his mouth absently, almost as if he was unaware of what he was saying. “Your scales are very bright.”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am

The cheerful noise surprised her, how he managed to make such a noise in such a place as this, she took only a few more moments to decide what she needed to do. She’d get him out, despite the guilt she felt about Claire and Claire’s father, this sliver of hope at having happiness, true happiness had to be enough for her, so she’d get in contact with the dragon and get him to act. If she was smart and cunning enough, she’d be able to show up every now and then, it was a desperate last ditch attempt at finding something to keep her world from going completely dark so she’d throw everything she had at it. “Have you eaten recently?” she could find something else for him to eat if that was the case, she wasn’t aware that despite her best efforts some of what she was feeling was showing through her cold façade. Loneliness, despair, desperation and a small quiet battered feeling of hope that was what hurt more than anything else, one of her hands held onto one of the bars at the front of his cell in an attempt to ground herself. Wanting to reach between the bars and ask for touch she couldn’t quite allow herself to do something so weak and pathetic, it’d been centuries since she’d had touch that was warm and kind, many times she’d cursed herself for not being able to just forget what that felt like, making her unable to completely move on. She was stuck and as much as she didn’t’ want to admit it she needed help, his help, pale blue eyes remained squarely fixed on his face watching the colour of his eyes, they were strange eyes often appearing many different colours depending on the light meaning she’d had a fair range of colours ever since she’d met him.

Smiling happily at the praise, Renee nodded at the suggestion and after some concentration the shadows fit in some more windows, “natural light is the best kind” but still for at times when the blinds would be done she added in some nice lights that would shine a nice pale yellow light. White lights were too harsh for her tastes, a few bar stools appeared on one side of the bench and a fair few house plants were added, she was quite fond of house plants as her opinion was they made a house a home, as for the art on the walls she decided that to save money she’d make the art. She wanted to have a go at painting cricket and alkira together after all but that was kept to herself in case it didn’t’ go very well, adding the modifications to her sketch that she’d carefully crafted, Renee looked at the serval waiting to hear if there was anything else she needed to add to the house to make it more up to scratch with what Killian wanted. He owned the house and it was his money, so she was quite anxious about making sure it was just right, it had to be just right, reminded she flicked back to the page she’d drawn her room on and added some more skylights. A nice deck would also be rather nice, and she was looking forward to working on making a big wonderful garden, perhaps the shadows would help her create one, the idea of being able to grow her own fruits and vegetables was rather exciting too, it was something she’d always wanted to do instead of just buying her fruits and vegetables from the supermarkets.

The dragons merry cackling turned into a choking noise at the comment, shaking her head to attempt to fix the problem, when she could finally breathe again, she threw him a dirty look like it was his fault and pushed him over with her muzzle. ‘Great, Bran was right, I’ll never hear the end of it now’ snorting when the selkie resurfaced she looked away unsure of what to do or say now, she’d never actually met someone who truly saw colour on her. After a few moments of thought her shape changed back to a human, it’d be easier to hide what she felt as a dragon, but this was something that needed to be talked out. Her arms were folded and she appeared slightly on the defensive, bright red hair moving about not like unlike fire in the cool wind that whistled through the trees “Can you actually see it or are you trying to be funny” if he was just trying to be funny she’d beat the ever loving shit out of him, but she had to be sure. Not a great one for hiding what she felt, her body language gave away what she was feeling, unsure, defensive, distrusting, and surprisingly a great degree of pain. He still seemed to be in black and white, which didn’t particularly help but she had seen the book of his in bright colour, perhaps he was just irritating colours that blended into the black and white world. She wanted to believe that he was telling the truth from the way he’d been acting when he mentioned her scales, like it’d just slipped out by mistake, but with her track record it was very difficult to simply accept what he was saying without making sure first, she had to make sure for her own sake.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Watching her, he picked up a great deal of information on what she was thinking and feeling, and shook his head at her question. It didn’t bother him all that much, Eri had often left him to fend for himself food wise and missing a couple of meals wasn’t going to kill him after all. “Two or three days ago.” Shifting in place slightly to try and get even a little bit more comfortable, he kept watching her, meeting the bright colour of her eyes that hadn’t ever faded for him. Despite Eri saying that they wouldn’t meet again, he’d held on to a teeny bit of hope that they would, otherwise logic stated that the colour would have faded. The annoyance of the cuffs were now something that he’d gotten reluctantly used to, but he’d still been mostly ignored or forgotten in this cell, and he couldn’t work out why exactly he was even here. He didn’t really want to think about it either, that potentially Ice would do something worse than what Eri had used to do to him.

The serval watched the shadows quietly, adding her input about what their shadow master would be comfortable with. Finally the cat nodded and yawned. That plan looks good to me. It will be fun finally redoing this dump. It was a nice cottage, but definitely needed some renovations, so it was nice that Renee was eager to do them, and Cricket was going to help her make the house much more of a home that she was firmly of the opinion that they all needed. It would be good for Killian to have a place that felt safe, as well as being actually safe for them all. It will give us all something to do while he is gone.

Angus hadn’t quite expected that reaction from her, and the selkie retreated a little more into the water just in case she was thinking about setting him on fire for some reason. Watching as she shifted, he shrugged little, hugging his coat closer to him out of habit. “Why would I lie?” He wasn’t quite sure what to do now really, he hadn’t meant to say anything since he didn’t know if she saw colour, but it was too late to take back his words now. they were just going to have to see what was going to happen next. As he waited, Bran flew over to land on his dragon’s shoulder, fairly smug about it all. Told you so, scaley. As usual, he made sure that the curly haired kid couldn’t hear him, not a particular fan of anyone but Rose know that he could talk more than they had to know. Can’t keep his mouth shut to save his life.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Remaining there for a while just watching his eyes she stiffened hearing footsteps and left, not showing up again for a few weeks when she finally did return it was with some food. Having had nothing better to do she’d offered to feed the various prisoners, wandering up with some fish in hand she stopped at the sight of the kelpie. Some how the cage had been spelled to be an aquarium of sorts and in there was a creature that was bright and dark shades of green, her mouth parted a little in surprise the colours stood out starkly from the rest of the black, white and grey world that surrounded him. Recovering a little she stepped forward and reached between the bars, finding that she could push her hand into the water as if it were a bubble of sorts, assuming that was how she fed him she pushed the several fish into the bubble of water that the kelpie was trapped within. Not having anything to say she just stood and studied him, spellbound before she pulled herself together, giving herself a firm talking to about keeping her emotions hidden behind the icy wall she’d built within herself the woman sniffed to herself. “I have a way to get you out, without Ice finding out about colour. I can assure you she’d use it against us both. It may take some time to put into motion however” once the fish were gone she pushed her hand into the water, liking how nice and warm the water was and how it felt. The water always reminded her of Claire, she’d heard irregular reports of what she was up to through Killian, as far as Claire knew Jet worked for Ice willingly and thought of her as one of Ice’s goons, it was safer for her that way although it still hurt. That hurt was always kept to herself, and the familiar pain that went through her made the bird upon her shoulder clack his beak and very gently tweak her ear in reminder.

Nodding in agreement when Cricket mentioned that it’d give them all something to do while Killian was gone, Renee smiled warmly “Alright, it’s a bit late to start now, so lets start first thing in the morning!” it was almost dinner time and she wanted to spend some time just sketching for a bit. Giggling a little to herself when the earlier words of cricket calling the place a dump sunk in she continued “its hardly a dump, its got an old charm about it” she intended to give the place a rustic safe homey feel and in all honesty was eager to get started on the veggie garden and an orchard of fruit trees and bushes. “oh! Does this place have a radio?” it’d be good to turn the radio up and sing while working. There were so many ideas churning around in her head now she knew it was okay to dream and to share her ideas of her vision for this old place, standing up and stretching the picture her shadows had created vanished as they returned to their usual shapes and darted around sharing in her excitement. Offering a smile to Cricket she turned and headed into the kitchen going through the fridge while deciding what they were going to have to eat for dinner, intending to make something for the serval as well.

Putting her hands on her hips and narrowing her eyes at the bird she finally returned her gaze to Angus “Because some people lie about colours. People have lied about colours, luckily for you I believe you” it wasn’t anything he’d said, more what Bran had said but what he said was private between the pair of them the selkie didn’t need to know much about the bird. Inhaling she focused on relaxing and letting go of the tension that so often built up in her small frame, holding onto it now wouldn’t do anyone any favours, stepping forward she studied the stones at the bottom of the faerie pool before reaching down and picking one up studying it wishing she could see the colours there. She’d read stories when she was little about how beautiful these places were to those that could see colour, straightening and eyeing the water she moved and threw the stone watching it skip across the quiet water a few times before sinking. Slipping her hands into her pockets she refused to let herself mull over the past, there were other times for that, right now she should be thankful that the person she saw colour around saw colour on her too, there was a chance, she had a chance for once… and, naturally, she had no idea what to say next and after a few moments something finally came to mind “I don’t see colour on your hair or your eyes, they still look black and grey. I saw your notebook though” the words were almost absent while she watched the water appearing rather lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 8:52 pm

She hadn’t come back for a few weeks, but eventually Ice seemed to remember that he was there trapped in a cell. Enduring the torture for longer that was probably anticipated, the pain eventually forced the kelpie to shift and he was returned back to his cell, thankfully full of water now. Exhausted and in pain, the creature curled at the base of the cell, no longer cuffed, but instead had a tight brass collar on preventing him from shifting back. Not that he would, even as a kelpie he’d drown in his human form in the water. Stirring when she spoke, he moved enough to look at her from where he was curled up, fronds waving gently in the water and revealing nicks and holes where Ice had taken samples. He wasn’t hungry, he was never hungry after being hurt, so he ignored the fish, keeping his gaze on her instead. He listened to what she said and nodded slightly, stretching and rearranging himself into a more comfortable ball in the water. Okay. He didn’t question not mentioning the colours, it made sense to him, and he definitely didn’t want to give Ice any more fuel to hurt him with.

Cricket nodded, jumping down and following the girl into the kitchen. That sounds like a good idea, and it is too a dump. She sniffed, having rather high standards for where she liked to live that had come from her original shadow master. I don’t believe so, Killian doesn’t really listen to music or anything. We can pick one up in town if you’d like, the general store is next to the bookstore. The cat jumped up onto the bench and sat, keeping quite out of the way of whatever Renee was going to be making.

Sitting in the water, the selkie shrugged slightly, watching the stones that she was skipping. Hearing what she said about his colours, he gave her a slightly sheepish smile. “Ma said that would happen.” He leaned back in the water, looking up at the sky. “She said I have grey eyes and black hair. And a grey coat.” It would have made it rather difficult for anyone to see his actual colours, and he was just glad that she seemed to have been able to see something else of his in colour to prove to her that they were apparently soulmates. Going quiet again, he closed his eyes to take in the quiet around them, enjoying not having anything to do for once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Watching the fish float in the water a brief moment, it seemed that the kelpie wasn’t interested in eating, picking up on all of the notches that were taken out of his various fronds without a word. He didn’t question the idea that they keep their colour a secret between them which was quite nice, she didn’t have to argue or explain further, she hadn’t had time to go back and see his dog so this would just have to do. Considering things she reached further into the water, offering a hand to the Kelpie, well aware that she was just asking to get bitten, the movement was one of trust for the large creature. Her shadows were keeping tabs on the area around them so she would be well warned if anyone was coming their way,  “I’m going to get in contact with Erisidr, tip him off to where you are. I just need to get given a job where I can get in contact with him” it’d be difficult to go to him in person, but she was fairly certain he didn’t have a letter box she could simply post a letter to. No figuring out the how was going to be the hardest part of her mission but she’d get it sorted, she’d done far more impossible things before after all, during her next job she’d see if she could swing past his home and meet the puppy again.

Giggling to herself when she heard the servals sniff, Renee set about making something for herself for dinner and after rummaging around found some fresh meat for the serval and fried it in the nonstick frying pan she’d managed to get her hands on earlier during their shopping. After dinner and washing all of the dishes, she made herself a tea and curled up on the couch sketching, absently planning out how she was going to do the painting of the two shadowy creatures. Her fantail was neatly nestled on her shoulder which had become its favourite spot, the quiet creatures dark eyes watching the blank paper come to life underneath its mistresses pencil. After a few attempts, she settled on a pose of the two appearing to walk along the paper with Cricket leading which she’d done as Cricket felt much older than any of the other shadows. To Renee it made sense then that cricket would be leading, editing it a little so it appeared that the serval was glancing back towards the Jackal as if making sure it could follow, the symbolism of the work was quite pleasing to her, once she was satisfied with the two creatures that were the centerpiece of the work she started adding the background, it hadn’t taken much thought to put them in their animals natural environment Africa. The ground beneath their paws was treacherous which was perhaps why the serval was glancing back towards the younger jackal, occasionally pausing to sip at her tea, the young woman continued to bring it to life.

Looking over at the selkie, Rose studied him silently now that he was looking elsewhere, he was oddly peaceful and for the moment that was nice. Wondering who in the universe decided what soul belonged with who, Rose’s gaze also turned to the sky, if there was such a person she’d like to find them and beat the ever-loving shit out of them for having put her through so much bullshit only to find it was some quirky selkie with a basement filled with dangerous books. Snorting to herself the dragon moved to perch on a large rock taking the time to enjoy being home there had always been something magical about this island, that continued to draw her back to it, at least the selkie’s place wasn’t too long of a flight from the island. After a while she got up when her stomach started growling “Bit of a walk away there's a pub that does decent dinners” when her family could afford it they’d go there for a celebration like a birthday, they’d been dirt poor growing up but it had never felt like they’d missed out on things. While her father had been Scottish and his family had been on the island for generations her mother had been a welsh dragon which had always amused Rose as she was fairly certain she’d gotten her fiery attitude from her mother not her father. Poking the selkie she gestured “Come on selkie” offering him a hand up, she’d decided to give the man a chance, what would one more betrayal of colour be after all? Bran had never lied to her so this was an honest chance for herself and Angus, the irony of it all still irked her but that was put to the side for now.

Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Watching her, the sore kelpie closed his eyes after a while just listening to her plan. He didn’t really think that Eri would come after him, he couldn’t think of a reason why. The dragon had never shown much of a paternal side, despite Keenan viewing him as a father figure. Still, it was the only shot they had so maybe something would happen. When she stopped talking, he opened his eyes again and resumed watching her, studying how she pushed her hand into the water her was trapped in. taking a few long moments to decide, the now rather big kelpie moved through the water, moving quietly enough that there was barely a ripple through the liquid, and brushed his nose up against her hand gently. He hadn’t shown her his kelpie shape ever before, the only one that he could remember knowing about his kelpie shape was Eri, and he wasn’t entirely sure what she was going to do about it. He was scared about what Ice was going to do to him, and that moved him to ask about it. Do you know what Ice is going to do with me?

Intrigued by the smell of the meat, Cricket kept herself very close to the young woman, her golden eyes focused intently on the treat that was being cooked up for her. Refusing to share it, she scoffed the hot meat and growled softly at the shadows who dared to try and steal some, reaffirming her space and position as top of the shadows complicated hierarchy. Deciding that she wasn’t going to hover over Renee as she drew this time, the spotted cat settled in her favourite spot over the back of Killian’s chair and closed her eyes, relaxing. It was good that Renee was feeling comfortable here, and renovating gave her something to do while Killian was gone, as well as hopefully stopped her from worrying about him quite so much. There was no telling when or in what state he’d be back, so they were just going to have to wait and be prepared for the worst at some point.

The idea of food sounded wonderful, and he opened his eyes in time to see her offering a hand to him. Angus took it and let her tug him up. “A walk won’t bother me. It’s a lovely place here.” It reminded him of his home, and he could definitely see why someone would often be homesick to come back here. “You planning on staying here long?” It seemed like she hadn’t been here for a long time, and he wasn’t going to push for them to leave if that was the case Wandering along beside her, the selkie mused over everything that had happened, unaware that Bran was talking with the dragon quietly as they did so. His mother was right, he’s stupidly coloured. The raven gave a fairly good sniff, eyeing the selkie. Grey coat and eyes and black hair.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Smiling a little when he brushed his nose against her hand, gently stroking him she mused to herself “it’s hard to know with her, I’ll do some digging and find out for you. From the looks of the samples she’s taken from you, for now she’s wanting to fill out a page in her bestiary on Kelpies. I’ll make sure you get out” promising him it without realizing she had, Jet continued to stroke his nose gently unsure why she felt rather happy to be patting him. If the kelpie had been in his human form she wouldn’t be touching him at all, there was no point ruminating over it now, there would be plenty of time to do that later so instead she spoke quietly “You’ve got so many different types of green on you, you know” he was easier to talk to in this shape it seemed, so she didn’t question it for now instead she did her best to focus on there here and now not worry about the future. Shadows dispersed around her moving to keep watch so she could leave suddenly, watching him quite visibly less walled up now that he wasn’t shaped like a person it seemed that there was potentially some of the Christie left underneath that had met him when he was young. Seeming to realize that she'd melted around him a little she quite clearly nearly pulled her hand away, instead however she picked a point on the floor to study until she felt more like hereslf again.

Dropping his hand once he was standing, not entirely subscribed to the idea of this fish breath being her apparent soulmate, part of her theory was to just see how it went. “mm? I have no idea, I don’t really plan ahead unless its for hunts” coming off a little more offhand than she’d meant to she flicked him a glance before focusing on what her raven was saying while he rode upon her shoulder. Snorting rose muttered to him “that shouldn’t be a thing then its confusing” honestly talk about having the worst fucking luck known to man, creature or beast. Slipping her hands into her pockets she covered the ground easily, taking the most direct route rather than the easiest, soon enough they made it to the biggest settlement on the island, Portree. Following some of the roads around until they came to the pub she pushed open the door and entered the quiet establishment, going up to the bar and ordering fries and scotch whiskey she ignored the dirty look that was eyed at her bird from the man tending the bar. From the looks of things he needed patrons so couldn’t really claim the bird was having any ill affect on his bar, if he opened his gob rose would sort him out, it wouldn’t be the first time she’d cross swords with disgruntled building owners who didn’t like her bird.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 pm

Settling quietly as she stroked his nose, Keenan let the rest of his body rest on the floor of the tank, too tired to try and keep afloat in the water at the moment. She was different, but he wasn’t planning on saying anything about that, he suspected that it would only make her clam up again. Stirring as she looked at the ground and ceased patting him, he nudged her to keep going, finding that he was liking the attention. I’ve never known what colour I am, he murmured, curling his tail around himself and looking more and more like a mat of seaweed floating in the water. I don’t know if Eri will want to do anything.

Finally able to come home, Killian turned up at some stupid time in the morning, thinner than when he’d last been seen. Ending up curled up on the couch, he was fast asleep by the time Renee was awake. He hadn’t taken in the changes she’d done to the place but his shadows had in the meantime, having been very thorough in their inspection of the place. He was after all not much of a fan of things changing after everything he’d been through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next