The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
The Land of Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colour of the soul

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Raven
Main account
Raven

Colour of the soul - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Colour of the soul - Page 10 21ogk
In a world where everything is black and white, color is known to take hold when one meets their soulmate. Still this does not make the hunt for the 'one' any easier, the key is they eyes they are known to be the first hint of the truth.
Renee x Killian
Rose x Angus
Dani x Jory
Jet x Keenan

Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 pm

He leaned against the kitchen bench watching her while she spoke, mulling over their options. “Stay a while then. You can have one of the rooms. There’s no one else here at the moment, it’s the down season.” His gut was telling him that she needed a safe place to retreat to, and so he offered that to her. It didn’t really bother the kelpie how long she’d taken to come back, she’d managed it finally and she was still in colour, which fascinated him. “Want a tea?” It would likely be better than drinking alcohol, but he wasn’t going to tell her what to do. With Ice as her mother, she definitely got enough of that as it was.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 2:36 pm

So very grateful that he just seemed to accept her as she was, the offer of a bed was a welcome one “Sleep sounds pretty good right now” finishing the rest of the drink, Jet stood feeling exhausted just wanting to sleep “What room?” when he told her she turned and walked into the room and curled up under the blankets tightly. She didn’t reappear for a couple of days, bone-tired and at the end of her rope, finally turning up one afternoon the smell of fresh bread made her stomach growl. As ever she was well-groomed, one of the few things she’d been able to control in her life had been her looks and thus she took great care to look the way she wanted to. Her hair was braided back to stay out of her face and her long jacket had morphed to be a normal-looking leather jacket, “Smells good” not having used her voice for a couple of days it sounded fairly thick and drowsy still when Keenan's dog showed up her face properly lit up for the first time in months, crouching down she allowed the dog to lick her face while she playfully ruffled his fur by brushing her fingers through it forgetting that Keenan could probably see everything she was doing. The softness she had for dogs and the way they affected her was something she saw as a weakness, not something easily shown around others, she couldn’t be weak.

He didn’t protest and signed the contract without question, his next question made her narrow her eyes a little seriously considering his request instead of just brushing it off “Very well. I will allow it, if she is not progressing how I want she will have to live here” every now and then he was given small things he wanted and since he’d behaved so far it was a minor reward for him. Taking the contract from him and rolling it up, the woman stored it in the cabinet that only she could open “Come along” she walked out of the room beckoning him to follow, her black wolf that had her pale blue eyes glaring at the man and his shadow until they followed. Walking down the corridors she stopped at a door and touched her hand to the middle of the door, at her touch it lanced one of her fingers and tested her blood, accepting her blood the door slid down revealing the room with the six-month-old baby girl in a cot. The male had already been claimed by Kelly, or Ice would have killed him herself, she stepped to the side gesturing to the cot indicating he could take the girl “Daniella” was the only thing she said and once Killian had picked up the girl she left having no real interest in raising a baby.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 pm

Showing her to the lone room that was on the ground floor, he left her alone until she emerged a few days later. With the bread for dinner just out of the oven, Keenan was tidying up the mess of flour that breadmaking always left him with and turned to give her a brief smile. “Welcome back to the living. Hungry? The bread’s just come out of the oven.” As he could have predicted, his dog was soon bouncing around the corner at the sound of her voice, having become quite attached to the woman over the past year or so that she’d been visiting the B&B even while Keenan hadn’t been there. “You look better after a sleep.”

Thankful for that tiny victory, Killian followed her to the room and studied the baby for a brief second. The envelope that she’d given him before had been tucked away by his shadows with what information he’d been given about the girl, and he picked up the baby before they poofed them both back home. Remembering what Renee had said about making dinner for them while he was gone, he headed inside the house they shared. “Renee?” Hopefully she wouldn’t ask too many questions, he wasn’t sure how he was going to answer them. His new contract bound him tightly with no loopholes so there was very little information he could even give her as much as he wanted to explain what he could.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 10:01 pm

The smile was something she wasn't all that used to, it almost felt like there could be a place here for her, she had nowhere else. "Starving actually" straightening back up once the dog had finished greeting her. "I feel a bit more like someone that's alive" there was a half smile on her face, taking a seat she rested her elbow on the bench and rested her chin in her hand inhaling the smell of the freshly baked bread looking rather content. This place felt safe enough to lower some of the cold walls she kept up to keep herself safe. It probably helped that she saw colour in him, but she was also determined that no one else found out about him. She wouldn't survive well if she lost her colour once more, Ice couldn't find out, she simply could not find out. "how long was I asleep for?" the question slipped out and she looked a little frustrated with herself that she'd asked a stupid question.

The house smelled of the dinner that Renee had been putting together, the table was set and ready for him. In the kitchen working on making some brownies that he could have for dessert, she perked up hearing his voice. "I'm in the kitchen my love!" she was happy that he was going to be home for a meal as it didn't always happen that often. Leaving the kitchen to go find him, her hands were covered in flour and she was wearing her favourite apron. Seeing the small bundle in his arms she blinked and looked up at his face looking admittedly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 7:10 pm

Giving a slight nod when she said she was hungry, he adjusted the last bits of the dinner he was making so that it would be enough for two people. “Three days, give or take a few hours.” She definitely looked better and more rested. Dinner wasn’t too long in coming and he set the bowls of hearty soup on the table before slicing the bread and setting that down as well. “Help yourself. Plenty more soup if you want it.” He had to step over the now decent sized wolfhound who had sprawled on the floor in the way as per usual, but at least Brín didn’t get up while he was midstride. That had happened before and usually resulted in a tumble and a dog in his lap.

He managed a faint smile for her, determined for the time being not to tell her the cost of bringing home the baby girl. He was just hoping that he’d be able to base his hunts from home still, the contract he’d signed hadn’t forbidden it so he was going to be taking advantage of that as much as he could. Ice had closed nearly every other loophole he’d had after all, he was tightly controlled while Dani was under his care. “She needs a mother.” It was all he could come up with at the moment, though he’d answer her questions as best he could when she asked them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 5:30 pm

Quite happy when the soup was ready, she moved to the table and murmured a quiet thank you for the food. Dumping the bread into the soup she wound up eating two bowls of soup and a fair amount of bread when she was finally satisfied she leaned back in her chair with a sigh. "that was good" it was an understatement but she wasn't really one for blathering away about things. It was nice to have a place safe where she could rest, realizing it was dark outside, after she helped wash up the dishes she wandered outside to watch the stars. They had always enthralled her after all she hadn't seen them until she was a teenager, her entire childhood had been stuck inside training.

Her features softened at his simple words, she reached out and took the child into her arms an affectionate smile slipping up her lips. "She's beautiful, whats her name?" she didn't ask where the child had come from or why he had it, or even if she was his. That didn't matter, what mattered was looking after the infant. "I'll need to get some baby formula and clothes, she'll be hungry and wanting a drink soon" speaking with more authority than she normally would her gaze left the baby's face and rested on Killians. She had every intention of treating the child as her own.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 5:56 pm

Pleased that she ate something and seemed to enjoy it too, he tidied up with her help and fed the dog before following her outside. “Anything you want to talk about?” He did care for her now, and she really did seem to need a safe place where she could relax and let go of things.

As he’d suspected, Renee took the baby as her own almost immediately. Tired after dealing with Ice and hiding it for the most part he rubbed his face and sat down. “Daniella.” Dinner at least smelt good and it distracted him from the lingering pain he was in. “Get whatever you need, Cricket can help with that if you don’t want to leave the house.” It would be easy for the shadows to steal things, and he could easily come home with other supplies as well, though he knew that she’d grown quite comfortable wandering the small town that his home was on the edge of.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 6:12 pm

Looking over at him she managed a smile "nothing that can be changed, thank you for letting me stay, having a safe place to stay helps more than you know" she knew that by now she had feelings for him, after all she'd gone and rescued him that wasn't something that she did often at all even for her own daughter. However, she didn't know how to do feelings anymore, how to word things or express things.

Nodding at the childs name, she commented "Dani for short then" kissing the baby's head she very reluctantly settled the baby on her bed as they didn't have anything else for now. Putting dinner out on the table she let Killian serve himself "Getting formula for her to drink is something that can't wait until tomorrow, if the shadows wouldn't mind getting some of that tonight that'd be good and some bottles." Tomorrow she could go out with Cricket and get some clothes and other bits and pieces for the little girl, going back to pick up the girl she sat down on the couch watching her completely enamored with her already. Looking up from Dani she studied Killian quietly, "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 6:25 pm

He nodded, sitting next to her and letting his dog rest his heavy head on his knee. “You’re always welcome, there’ll always be a room for you if you need it.” And perhaps one day he’d mention the colour he saw, but that wasn’t a conversation for now. She needed to rest, and he didn’t even know if she saw colour on him.

He didn’t have to say anything as a few shadows whisked out of sight to get what was needed for the baby. Not really that hungry he only had a small plate, managing a slight smile for Renee. “I’ve been better.” He couldn’t ever remember a time where a punishment from Ice had healed well so it was just normal to him. “Cricket’s been teaching you about your shadows?”
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 7:01 pm

Meeting his gaze evenly a smile warmed her face that usually showed only cold indifference. "Thank you Keenan, You've been very kind to me, it's not something I'm really used to" From what she understood if she saw colour on him then he most likely saw it on her, perhaps it was the reason for how hospitable he'd been towards her. She didn't know how to progress any further though, things had gone quickly with Raiden and then all of a sudden he turned up dead. She still held her sister responsible for that although she had little proof of anything, shaking her head slightly she pushed those useless thoughts away. She couldn't live in the past, just in the moment, at least around the kelpie she felt something, usually she just felt cold, numb and empty, like she was stuck on another planet watching everybody else go about their lives on earth. It was normal to her to the point where she didn't question it, it was just the way it was, she did love the stars though, they were cold in the night sky and distant, isolated by billions of miles.

Watching him she nodded "yes, I've been practicing my healing, I'm getting better at it" she could guess that he was sore but she was a little wary of pushing him too far. Would she even be able to help him? scratch that would he even let her? Probably not. Not yet anyway, perhaps in the future.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 7:52 pm

He followed her, finding the way a bit difficult but saying nothing about it. The selkie was too busy being preoccupied with his thoughts about both Rose and his brother. It wasn’t until he’d settled opposite her with a drink of his own, spinning the glass absentmindedly. “You knew or know Killian fairly well then?” The question revealed where his thoughts had been taking him. He’d decided that he did want to know more about his brother since the last time he’d seen him, so very many years ago.

He shrugged ever so slightly, leaning back on his hands and abandoning patting his dog. Brín decided that wouldn’t do obviously as the big dog moved to flop over Jet’s lap in hope for more active pats. “Everyone deserves some sort of kindness.” It was nice watching the stars and he went silent again for a long while, content there until a thought occurred to him. “Will you be staying long this time?”

He picked at the meal, thoughts mostly on the baby and what Ice was going to do with her. “Good, from the file Rose stole I’d say it’ll come fairly naturally to the shadows. Ice wanted you a healer.” It’d been a couple of years since then and from what he’d noticed she’d been coming along quite well with her healing so it wasn’t really an area of concern for him now. He himself was still suffering from the consequences of that day though he ignored the twinges of pain as best as he could. He had no doubt that there were tiny slivers of silver left over from the whip that hadn’t been able to be removed at the time.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Main account
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm

A slight smirk briefly flicked over her face at the innocent question, oh if only he knew, on second thought it was probably better if he didn't know. "Yeah, we're friends of a sort, we used to do hunting trips together" abruptly brushing her hand through her short unkempt bright orange hair she continued "you curious about him? I'll answer your questions as long as I know the answers" quirking a brow, the woman tilted her head and studied the selkie curiously, wondering what exactly was going on in his mind. They were brother after all so she'd do her best to help, having lost her own brother she could relate to the desire of wanting to know more.

A slight astonished sound escaped her when the large dog flopped into her lap before she brightened up and hugged him before stroking him. She wasn't exactly sure if she deserved kindness after the sort of things that she'd done over the years, the people she'd tortured, killed, the times she'd enjoyed it and other times when she'd felt nothing at all. The one thing that was still a raw wound was her daughter, her daughter likely thought she was some kind of monster, when she'd given up much so that Claire could have a good life. Gritting her teeth as the wound on her heart ached once again at the thought of the baby with fuzzy black hair and beautiful bright green eyes that she'd had to abandon. Inhaling sharply the cold night air brought her back to the moment,  "I hope to, up to a week if I can manage it and you don't mind" she had to get out of her head, going around and around was no benefit to anybody it just did more damage and was fucking tedious. Feeling the desire for a stiff drink she flopped back into the grass and sighed "And I want a hair cut" and normal clothes, she wanted to feel normal even if it was just while she was here.

Biting her lower lip she nodded, still a little frightened of Ice in all honesty "okay. One day will you let me help you, with your pain? I've been studying up as best as I can from medical books as well to train myself and my shadows" it was rather clear that she was anxious about upsetting him, but she wanted to help him. He'd done so much for her and she had every aim to become the best healer she could be so she could look after him the way he looked after her.
Back to top Go down
Wyndy

Wyndy

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 9:11 pm

He flicked a glance up at her, studying her and taking in her bright eyes and hair again before giving a slight shrug. “I barely remember him so yeah. I don’t really know anything about him any more apart from what you’ve already said.” Though it had been bringing back a few vague memories, she’d said that Killian was still very protective of his family, and he knew that particular bit firsthand. “He doesn’t seem to have really changed much.” Maybe he’d grown a bit darker, a bit more jaded of the world, but from all accounts he’d had a bit of a shit time putting it lightly so he didn’t really blame him.

He gave a slight nod, ending up closing his eyes to enjoy the mild night air with no rain for once. “I don’t mind in the slightest, that room isn’t booked for a few weeks so stay as long as you need.” He wasn’t particularly worried about Ice targeting him again, not with Eri having made it clear he was still under some sort of protection, so the kelpie was relaxed, musing over his father figure. He’d have to go visit fairly soon and thank the dragon, he was quite aware that Eri didn’t enjoy leaving the crater unless he absolutely had to. “There’s a hairdressers in town if you’re wanting someone else to do it.” Although she’d probably do it herself, she was that sort of woman he supposed.

Glancing up from playing with his food, Killian managed a mostly reassuring smile at her. “You won’t be able to do anything, it’s all been tried before.” Not really hungry now, he nudged the plate away with a soft sigh. “One of the side effects of how she turned me, magical or supernatural healing doesn’t work at all.” Even with how good Renee had become with her shadows, he highly doubted that anything could be done now. “Best focus on the girl.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour of the soul   Colour of the soul - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour of the soul
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10